SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 48 of 53 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:28 am

Kind of odd that they didn't insert doubt in JP being the f1 last night. CH said there'd be a change in frontrunner which also didn't happen plus we didn't see the talk about JP's ex and heartbreak. The edit is very strange this season. Maybe you can say the Bentley drama was inflated because Ashley picked JP early on but why not feature Ben more earlier then? It would have been easy. That's one of the things that confused me this season.

It's not like Fleiss to let the f1 be so obvious and not even insert much doubt when given the opportunity. Maybe he thought it would fool people but didn't seem to other than us poor Ben fans. :laughingoutlou
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 am

Agreed, Coastal. My question then becomes, why? Why did the editing pattern change so much this season? Is there a clue in that? Is it because Ashley's F1 was so obvious? Is it because the real F1 left early so they had to scramble? Is it because MF and the producers are trying to throw us all off? Is it because the majority of the audience is unspoiled, so who cares? Is it as simple as they wanted to actually show us a love story this season? I have no idea. And I can't remember who has said it - but I know it has been said before - when the edit is wonky, as it is this season, there is a reason. So my question becomes - what is the reason?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 am

KatesMom wrote:Agreed, Coastal. My question then becomes, why? Why did the editing pattern change so much this season? Is there a clue in that? Is it because Ashley's F1 was so obvious? Is it because the real F1 left early so they had to scramble? Is it because MF and the producers are trying to throw us all off? Is it because the majority of the audience is unspoiled, so who cares? Is it as simple as they wanted to actually show us a love story this season? I have no idea. And I can't remember who has said it - but I know it has been said before - when the edit is wonky, as it is this season, there is a reason. So my question becomes - what is the reason?
those are some really good questions. I know some of us ( er well me) were tweeting Mills and Fleiss about being worried that Ashley wouldn't be able to allow herself to fall in love this season even before her season started due to what happened with Brad. So it's possible they decided that since Ashley and JP had this very obvious chemistry that they would show it to us and also possible that it would have been too hard to completely edit it out and/or wanted to reassure us that yes Ashley would let herself fall this season and she did.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

I don't think the edit changed. The characters are different every season but the formula is the same.

The beginning of the season the F1 is established with the lead. The F2 is established as a personality. Ben's time with Ash was edited out in the beginning but we saw him with some pretty hilarious PI's about "the mask". Just like Chantal, just like CL. I know this word is over used on here LOL but JP established the "cupcake" connection from night 1. They left that convo in for a reason. They left in the "JP over Bentley in the kiss dept" and conveniently left off "but Bentley over JP in the heart dept." This is the couple they were trying to "sell". It has been obvious for the past couple of seasons that has not changed. F2 always comes in later in the season. Just like Ben, Chantal, CL. The characters change the story does not. The F1's story always starts at the beginning. If someone is MIA for the first couple episodes (aside from PI's and house fun) they are not F1.

They should have showed Ben alot more. They really shot themselves in foot with that one.

Anyone know when they have to have the editing of the next episode completed? Me thinks that all of the Jash drama was edited out this week because they knew all is well in paradise. With Ash's sister being at the ATFR and saying her opinion changed via twitter (Thanks GrahamGal!) I wonder what we will really see next week in regards to the sister confrontation. Will it be shown at all? We will see the resolution during the finale? Or will it only happen at the ATFR?

The ATFR is in the can. Time to sell the happy couple.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 48 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 am

Fleiss doesn't care about showing the love story. There's always some doubt thrown in even with the happiest of couples. Not sure why we didn't see some last night but CH certainly expected it. Maybe to set Ben up for the heartbreak so he can be the Bachelor? rose --- fingers crossed---
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 am

Noob, I think they threw away their 'arguing' on the beach because like you said, all is blissfully well IRL and they want to sell the third coming of Trista and Ryan.

I'm interested to see if they leave in the sister drama too or if it'll be another Ali and Roberto finale- perfect all the way around. Actually, now that I think about it, they'll probably leave in a little about the sister to show JPash once again coming together and beating the elements.

BTW, ITA with the rest of your post too. They screwed up by not showing Ben from the beginning. Having him MIA for 3 eps, especially on the roast date, was the biggest tell early on that he wasn't F1 to me.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 am

Alanna wrote:Noob, I think they threw away their 'arguing' on the beach because like you said, all is blissfully well IRL and they want to sell the third coming of Trista and Ryan.

I'm interested to see if they leave in the sister drama too or if it'll be another Ali and Roberto finale- perfect all the way around. Actually, now that I think about it, they'll probably leave in a little about the sister to show JPash once again coming together and beating the elements.

Thanks girl! This would be my best guess as well. Notice how CH isn't warning us of their demise next week in his blog. He knows they are fine. I mean he was there last night wasn't he? LOL.

Granted, I am little biased on the topic... oh Bloomers where art thou? LOL
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 am

I couldn't believe how obvious it seemed this season and was really afraid to trust my instincts that it was JP because before what always seemed like the obvious connection didn't pan out (at least obvious to me :D). This season they left lots of the intimate moments with JP and Ash as well as Ashley and JP comments about each other and that was awesome! And, by HTDs, her blog was just obvious as well. I wonder if they will keep changing the edit up or we can expect more of this? Might depend on how great the real ending is the for the couple, maybe. Anyway, I sure loved this season though. Hope for more of the same!! :yes: Also, really enjoyed sharing this board (and the obsession) with such great people. Thanks, folks bowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 am

I love this season! The romance, the bromance, the silliness, the seriousness, the passion, the honesty, this message board, the Fiji location and the spoiled outcome! But, here’s what I want to say about this season (dotdotdot)

I feel like I’ve been double Fleissed! I’ve been Fleissed to the square; I’ve got an inverse relationship with the edit and the spoilers; I’ve been diced and put back together!

For many seasons, I’ve watched and waited, wanting to see a real love story, knowing that Fleiss would never give me one, knowing that I could never "pick" the winner (cause I have a broken TB/TBette picker), but falling for the passion on my screen anyway. Even since we started getting spoilers, I still can’t get it right – last season, I was totally convinced that Chantal took a tryptophan nap with Brad! I actually, almost became upset IRL when I found out the F1 spoiler (and me-again) was wrong!

So this season, even though I wanted to jump on the tram, get smushed, skate into dreamy dreamland and kiss to the tunes of REO, all while eating a dozen cupcakes and drinking the koolaid …

I didn’t! I told myself – don’t believe what you’re seeing on the screen. It’s too obvious, other people see it differently, there are spoilers out there to the contrary. I’ve been so darn surpressed about it that I can hardly show any emotion about it today whatsoever!

Darn you, Fleiss. Well played.

P.S. I like the Bachelor Beatdown. It adds yet another dimension to watching this series. I like to think of it as a video version of a message board. Sometimes they talk over each other, part of the time some of them just sit and "lurk" without saying much, some of what they say is funny, and sometimes they try to be funny and fall flat on their face. They don’t always agree with each other and sometimes I can’t believe what they just said - but I just see it as another perspective.

Viva La Bachelor Family!
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Fleiss edited it differently because I genuinely think he does care a little about this couple making it. :Nod: :skating:

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm

agentcurls wrote:Fleiss edited it differently because I genuinely think he does care a little about this couple making it. :Nod: :skating:

I love when you make appearances!! LOL

Can you tell us if you were in tears at all?
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 pm

agentcurls wrote:Fleiss edited it differently because I genuinely think he does care a little about this couple making it. :Nod: :skating:

agentcurls with all the excitement going on last night, I didn't get a chance to say thank you! blowkiss
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 53 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl