SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 9 of 53 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by CarrieA Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:55 am

Sorry IG (and reason) I was just snarkin around on Iron's post. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my post kisses

CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:07 am

Since there seems to be some misunderstanding on what we were joking about, it started on the JP thread the other night when we were discussing the possibility that Ash and JP had actually been snapped leaving a NY hotel together, as the ET Canada story indicated. Many were questioning why, if true, JP at least didn't wear a disguise to cover his shaved head. I joked that maybe the guy in the photo was really Ben, disguised as JP. So in this thread, when Carrie made the comment about Ben shaving his head, I made reference to what we were earlier joking about in the other thread.

Nobody was being mocked. I hope that cleared things up and we are all 8)

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:13 am

ironcat wrote:Since there seems to be some misunderstanding on what we were joking about, it started on the JP thread the other night when we were discussing the possibility that Ash and JP had actually been snapped leaving a NY hotel together, as the ET Canada story indicated. Many were questioning why, if true, JP at least didn't wear a disguise to cover his shaved head. I joked that maybe the guy in the photo was really Ben, disguised as JP. So in this thread, when Carrie made the comment about Ben shaving his head, I made reference to what we were earlier joking about in the other thread.

Nobody was being mocked. I hope that cleared things up and we are all 8)

...and then there was Iron with all the words in my mind that I am unable to type out at this late hour yes
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 am

I posted this in the screencap section but truly I am investigating the edit of why the producers had Ash say what she did so late in the show regarding a date that happened in the FRC . I hit one dead-end regarding what happened but will continue to look for an answer. We'll see if I can come up with anything. :8): ~

I went back to Episode 2 in which Ashley and William go to Las Vegas for the pretend wedding in the chapel. She wore this outfit ~

Photobucket" alt="" />

When she was contemplating answering the minister if she would wed William, this was the screencap shown.

Photobucket" alt="" />

She said "What do we do now?! This could be a legally bonding marriage."

Then in same outfit ... "I will have 17 other guys to consider. I can't get married yet."

She was told to talk about a date that has passed a long time ago, yet the producers instructed her to say these words. The storyline has been determined thus the producers wanting to insert these lines. Now to figure out the answer ~ is it just a simple engagement? Could very well be.

As with so many things, there is the story told, and there is the story itself.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess81320 Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 pm

I was rewatching the group date on Ep 6 and there was a PI of Ashley wearing her episode 2 dress saying something about being hopeful. https://youtu.be/4WKMGSvCX4o Starting at 8:30

Team Cupcake :27:

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 Fgbbb

Team SeanCat 🐘

"If something's meant to be, it will happen.. in the right time, with the right person and for the best reason."
Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 394620_10150508901589239_141439374238_8542780_758788939_n
Princess81320
Princess81320

Female Posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Princess81320 wrote:I was rewatching the group date on Ep 6 and there was a PI of Ashley wearing her episode 2 dress saying something about being hopeful. https://youtu.be/4WKMGSvCX4o Starting at 8:30

I think that is the backdrop from episode 5 and it looks like the short black dress she had on.
Shadow
Shadow

Female Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess81320 Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:42 pm

sydney1 wrote:
Princess81320 wrote:I was rewatching the group date on Ep 6 and there was a PI of Ashley wearing her episode 2 dress saying something about being hopeful. https://youtu.be/4WKMGSvCX4o Starting at 8:30

I think that is the backdrop from episode 5 and it looks like the short black dress she had on.

Oh yeah it was the dress from Ep 5.

Team Cupcake :27:

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 Fgbbb

Team SeanCat 🐘

"If something's meant to be, it will happen.. in the right time, with the right person and for the best reason."
Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 9 394620_10150508901589239_141439374238_8542780_758788939_n
Princess81320
Princess81320

Female Posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Just typing out loud here..The edit is what makes the person who they are on this show.

We have nothing else to judge the person off of but their edit character because we don't know them in real life. I don't think it's fair to compare Ben and JP to each other when it comes down to who is better, whether it's for Ashley or just in general. People are going to like who they like for their own personal reasons whether the edit (or spoilers) influence that or not.

At this point in the season we should have developing stories for both men, and it should be individual of one another, whether the story will include Ashley is probably going to end up being understood in hindsight. JMO of course. So what do our edits show us thus far?
CarrieA
CarrieA

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:34 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:Just typing out loud here..The edit is what makes the person who they are on this show.

We have nothing else to judge the person off of but their edit character because we don't know them in real life. I don't think it's fair to compare Ben and JP to each other when it comes down to who is better, whether it's for Ashley or just in general. People are going to like who they like for their own personal reasons whether the edit (or spoilers) influence that or not.

At this point in the season we should have developing stories for both men, and it should be individual of one another, whether the story will include Ashley is probably going to end up being understood in hindsight. JMO of course. So what do our edits show us thus far?

Totally JMO.

TPTB plotting do this thing which they have become quite good at actually but have not quite perfected. In the past few seasons the F2 has been one of the top choices for the next lead. They show the F1 as a one dimensional character. No outstanding traits or quirky cute habits. TPTB DO NOT want America to "fall in love" with the F1... that's the lead's job. However, the F2 is always shown to be very honest with their emotions (which we can all respect) and we see a more fun side to them. We see their quirks, we see them in more interactions with other people in the house, they are shown in the outtakes being goofy, sometimes they have a sad history that's highlighted to tug on our heartstrings. TPTB want America to "fall in love" with the F2 so that by the time the next season comes around everyone is clamoring for them to "get" the role and throngs of contestants are lined up to fall in love with them.

However, I say they have not perfected this technique quite yet. Chantal was edited perfectly to be the next lead. They succeeded, everyone loved her and wanted to see more of her. However, they did a terrible job with Emily. They made her too one dimensional that most turned against her and Brad when he chose her over Chantal. This season they are doing a much better job. We can see how JP is falling in love with Ash. We see them kind of in their own little world. While his character is pretty one dimensional (all Ashley, only Ashley) we can understand why it might be him in the end. Then there is Ben. His relationship with Dino is even topping Jash LOL. Ash and Ben are always having a good time. They are having a good mix of romance and fun. But we need to realize they are trying to show us why anyone would love Ben not just Ashley. With JP (jealousy and all) they are trying to show us that he is a very Ashley specific character. Helps they left in her comments "Ben is the total package" (next Bach, don't you just love him?), "JP is the total package for me" (he's mine hands off!)

:awesome:
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

noobsleuth wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:Just typing out loud here..The edit is what makes the person who they are on this show.

Totally JMO.

TPTB plotting do this thing which they have become quite good at actually but have not quite perfected. In the past few seasons the F2 has been one of the top choices for the next lead. They show the F1 as a one dimensional character. No outstanding traits or quirky cute habits. TPTB DO NOT want America to "fall in love" with the F1... that's the lead's job. However, the F2 is always shown to be very honest with their emotions (which we can all respect) and we see a more fun side to them. We see their quirks, we see them in more interactions with other people in the house, they are shown in the outtakes being goofy, sometimes they have a sad history that's highlighted to tug on our heartstrings. TPTB want America to "fall in love" with the F2 so that by the time the next season comes around everyone is clamoring for them to "get" the role and throngs of contestants are lined up to fall in love with them.

However, I say they have not perfected this technique quite yet. Chantal was edited perfectly to be the next lead. They succeeded, everyone loved her and wanted to see more of her. However, they did a terrible job with Emily. They made her too one dimensional that most turned against her and Brad when he chose her over Chantal. This season they are doing a much better job. We can see how JP is falling in love with Ash. We see them kind of in their own little world. While his character is pretty one dimensional (all Ashley, only Ashley) we can understand why it might be him in the end. Then there is Ben. His relationship with Dino is even topping Jash LOL. Ash and Ben are always having a good time. They are having a good mix of romance and fun. But we need to realize they are trying to show us why anyone would love Ben not just Ashley. With JP (jealousy and all) they are trying to show us that he is a very Ashley specific character. Helps they left in her comments "Ben is the total package" (next Bach, don't you just love him?), "JP is the total package for me" (he's mine hands off!)

excellent points, noobsleuth. I totally agree with your take on it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:12 pm

noobsleuth wrote:

Totally JMO.

I have to strongly disagree with the bolded. Emily was the fan favorite of the general unspoiled viewing public throughout the show. Most viewers were thrilled she was picked (she led by a wide margin in every poll for "Who should Brad pick?"), and any ill will she garnered post show was because of that very uncomfortable ATFR, where some fans thought she was not lovey-dovey enough towards Brad, and were upset she was not willing to move to Austin immediately. Some also felt she threw Brad under the bus by talking about his temper. The only place where she was unpopular throughout the show airing was on the FORT board.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:22 pm

noobsleuth wrote:

Totally JMO.

Really great points from an edit standpoint - if the producers are that clever. The problem is that women are such scavengers. If JP ends up F2, women will have the "if she doesn't want him, I do!" attitude. Women are already clamoring for Mickey and Blake even though we don't know much about them. I saw an effort to make Ryan the next Bachelor the first week that the show aired. People are still mad that DeAnna didn't choose Jeremy or Graham (Jeremy was all about DeAnna and Graham was 'scared to death' as Ellen put it) and are still asking that they become the next guy. With the JP edit we've seen to date, I just don't see how they've done anything but sabotage any possible relationship with anyone other than him. First she was fixated on Bentley then we see that along with Bentley, she had a strong attraction to JP and has basically said things that make all of the other guys seem like chopped liver. I'm hoping that the guys who left feeling like second fiddle to Ryan or Bentley realize that the 1st fiddle was right there in their face the whole time and those other guys were never really a factor.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 53 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 31 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl