SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Thread #1

Page 29 of 58 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 29 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Thread #1

Post by terabithia Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:08 am

I've heard Chris tell too many lies and half-truths to believe what he says. Playing along with the storylines is job security. Since this is the Bachelor (stupid fluff) he almost never gets a hard question pointing out a contradiction or calling him out on obvious BS.

As long as this show exists he has a steady paycheck. He's paid to travel the world to say a few scripted lines and play amateur therapist during deliberation chats. Sweet gig. He'll do whatever it takes to keep the show in the entertainment news, which leads to better ratings, which leads to ABC ordering another season, which leads to another paycheck and more fantasy travel for Chris and his wife.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 am

There's nothing else Chris can say about this other than Bentley was brought back because Ash asked for him. What else is he going to say? That the show was getting boring so they needed to spruce it up a bit in HK?

As for the comment that she couldn't go on normally to the the next 1:1 (JP's), I don't take it too seriously. It makes sense to me that she'd be stressed/still upset at that 1:1 after all the drama of the week. Hopefully, it'll just cement what they have if he helps her through this "trying" time.

ETA: As for lying, Harrison is already saying Ash doesn't have a Twitter, AGAIN. Ha.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:14 am

terabithia wrote:I've heard Chris tell too many lies and half-truths to believe what he says. Playing along with the storylines is job security. Since this is the Bachelor (stupid fluff) he almost never gets a hard question pointing out a contradiction or calling him out on obvious BS.

As long as this show exists he has a steady paycheck. He's paid to travel the world to say a few scripted lines and play amateur therapist during deliberation chats. Sweet gig. He'll do whatever it takes to keep the show in the entertainment news, which leads to better ratings, which leads to ABC ordering another season, which leads to another paycheck and more fantasy travel for Chris and his wife.

Generally, I agree with everyone about all of this, and I am first in line to say it; however, this time I think I am going to stand up for ole Chris. His fanny is between a rock and a hard place on this one. Here are some of the things he says, and I think they have a ring of truth to them:

The other producers don't tell him some of the things because it will be harder for him to interact spontaneously with the contestants. Now, we do know that the producers want those spontaneous reactions, so that has the ring of truth. I got the vibe when Ashley was telling him about Bentley before he got out of the limo that Chris not only did not know, but maybe he was a little resentful towards the producers that he didn't know because it threw him for a loop. On top of that, here came the mask! He didn't know about that either...

Now, the producers love the drama and they are going to get a boatload of it and more with this Ashley/Bentley mess, but Chris Harrison is the one who is left to deal with the fallout, and this is by far and away worse than he has ever had to deal with. I think I believe him.

Ashley thought she had good judgement, but she has had her head in the books, and although she had that one relationship that ended in the guy who died, I don't think she has had much varied dating experience. I don't think Ashley's discernment and radar is as keen as she thought it was because she did not pick up on the fact that this guy was conning her even when Chris Harrison was warning her.
There was no reason why Michele would have lied to Ashley. Ashley should have questioned why Michele would have gone to that trouble? Michele had been a friend to her in the house.

Chris Harrison not only had to deal with an emotionally devestated Ashley as we will see, but he knows from past experience that he, Chris Harrison, is the one who is going to catch all of the flack from the viewers. He knows that he is going to get it. He knows it, and I know it, too. It is HIS fault, regardless! That is the way it is going to come down, and he is trying to ward some of that off ahead of time.

Now what concerns me is that I had no idea that she fell that hard for Bentley, and I am afraid that she truly did. I thought she picked JP from the start. I think she did select JP, and the producers selected JP for her; they put his dates into place, etc.
However, Ashley herself fell for Bentley once she met him and start actually interacting with him. All of this threatened to crash the whole season just as Chris has said.

We will see an edited season where Ashley will fall in love with F1, but I think we will do well to remember that Chris Harrison said that the situation with Bentley impacted Ashley all the way through.
I believe Chris Harrison for once is telling the truth.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by jurystillout Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 29 2711063196
Bloomers wrote:
terabithia wrote:I've heard Chris tell too many lies and half-truths to believe what he says. Playing along with the storylines is job security. Since this is the Bachelor (stupid fluff) he almost never gets a hard question pointing out a contradiction or calling him out on obvious BS.

Generally, I agree with everyone about all of this, and I am first in line to say it; however, this time I think I am going to stand up for ole Chris. His fanny is between a rock and a hard place on this one. Here are some of the things he says, and I think they have a ring of truth to them:

The other producers don't tell him some of the things because it will be harder for him to interact spontaneously with the contestants. Now, we do know that the producers want those spontaneous reactions, so that has the ring of truth. I got the vibe when Ashley was telling him about Bentley before he got out of the limo that Chris not only did not know, but maybe he was a little resentful towards the producers that he didn't know because it threw him for a loop. On top of that, here came the mask! He didn't know about that either...

Now, the producers love the drama and they are going to get a boatload of it and more with this Ashley/Bentley mess, but Chris Harrison is the one who is left to deal with the fallout, and this is by far and away worse than he has ever had to deal with. I think I believe him.

Ashley thought she had good judgement, but she has had her head in the books, and although she had that one relationship that ended in the guy who died, I don't think she has had much varied dating experience. I don't think Ashley's discernment and radar is as keen as she thought it was because she did not pick up on the fact that this guy was conning her even when Chris Harrison was warning her.
There was no reason why Michele would have lied to Ashley. Ashley should have questioned why Michele would have gone to that trouble? Michele had been a friend to her in the house.

Chris Harrison not only had to deal with an emotionally devestated Ashley as we will see, but he knows from past experience that he, Chris Harrison, is the one who is going to catch all of the flack from the viewers. He knows that he is going to get it. He knows it, and I know it, too. It is HIS fault, regardless! That is the way it is going to come down, and he is trying to ward some of that off ahead of time.

Now what concerns me is that I had no idea that she fell that hard for Bentley, and I am afraid that she truly did. I thought she picked JP from the start. I think she did select JP, and the producers selected JP for her; they put his dates into place, etc.
However, Ashley herself fell for Bentley once she met him and start actually interacting with him. All of this threatened to crash the whole season just as Chris has said.

We will see an edited season where Ashley will fall in love with F1, but I think we will do well to remember that Chris Harrison said that the situation with Bentley impacted Ashley all the way through.

~No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent Eleanor Roosevelt~

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 29 7b1b3f3e-3b3d-41b0-828b-06de6fc086d8_zps945f9fd1
jurystillout
jurystillout

Female Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 am

mnmhughes wrote:I have found that I am a much happier person if I do not listen to anything CH says. I cannot reconcile the fact that a happily married, family man who coaches little league soccer can go in to work every day and knowingly lie and willingly spread MF's deceptions. :twisted:

Compartmentalism.
Just like others who do horrific things at work and when the leave work, put them aside.
I often have to grab a bite to eat at my nurses' station, get up and do something most of you would consider out of your comfort zone(nice way to say absolutely disgusting) and then sit back down and wolf down my meal. No prob. for me.
I don't listen to CH, either, but I choose not to dive into cestpools, even if I had hazmat gear available. Everyone has certain limits.
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:41 am

Bloomers wrote:[snip]

I really think this is giving Bentley too much credit and Ashley too little. She did like the way Bentley treated her- Prince Charming-like- but I don't believe Chris for one second that they were going to stop the show because of him. It was only two weeks in, Ash would have figured out on her own who Bentley was if he has stayed. Not to mention, they wouldn't have shut down production even if Ash had her head ripped off. Harrison would have whipped out his sewing kit and stitched her back together on the spot. The show must go on, ya'll!

All that and the fact that the two lil cupcakes have gotten along like two lil peas in a pod since the moment they met lead me to think that while Fleiss is salivating over his "very special" episode, it wasn't nearly as out of control as they're trying to paint it.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:00 am

Alanna wrote:
Bloomers wrote:[snip]

I really think this is giving Bentley too much credit and Ashley too little. She did like the way Bentley treated her- Prince Charming-like- but I don't believe Chris for one second that they were going to stop the show because of him. It was only two weeks in, Ash would have figured out on her own who Bentley was if he has stayed. Not to mention, they wouldn't have shut down production even if Ash had her head ripped off. Harrison would have whipped out his sewing kit and stitched her back together on the spot. The show must go on, ya'll!

All that and the fact that the two lil cupcakes have gotten along like two lil peas in a pod since the moment they met lead me to think that while Fleiss is salivating over his "very special" episode, it wasn't nearly as out of control as they're trying to paint it.

Of course they would not have stopped production! But watch how Ashley is eating up Bentley's attention. She is absolutely snarfing it up. Watch her kiss him. Barf, but he mentioned "ram my tongue down her throat," and that appears to be exactly what is happening when he is kissing her.
Ashley is totally 100% into Bentley, and I do believe that Chris had to "whip out his sewing kit and stitch her back together," which is an excellent way to put it yes btw.

Notice, though, that all of the interactions that we have seen with JP are before we have seen Bentley dump on Ashley.
Now, I hate to do this, but in the name of reality I am going to...remember, folks, if you will that almost an entire board believed that Ali was in love with ChrisL and Brad was in love with Chantal based on their interactions as was seen on the show, and neither one of them in truth were.

At this point, I don't think Ashley is taken with JP either. I think she is completely smitten with Bentley, regardless of what we hear her say on her date with JP. I think she will have been encouraged to pull herself together and to go on with her date with JP. She will have been reminded of what she saw earlier in JP that she liked, etc., and that he is still there for her while Bentley is not.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:30 am

Bloomers wrote:

At this point, I don't think Ashley is taken with JP either. I think she is completely smitten with Bentley, regardless of what we hear her say on her date with JP. I think she will have been encouraged to pull herself together and to go on with her date with JP. She will have been reminded of what she saw earlier in JP that she liked, etc., and that he is still there for her while Bentley is not.

Great discussion going on, but this last paragraph spoke to me. I remember a PI Ashley did at the M&G after her time with JP and the cupcake conversation -- she was grinning like she had a secret and said ... I don't know if he is the one that will be calling me cupcake, but ... At the time I thought she had somebody else definitely in mind. Of course it was Bentley. She flipped the minute she saw him. I think the warning just whetted her appetite, and she's going to have to satisfy it, one way or the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:42 am

Bloomers wrote:

Now, I hate to do this, but in the name of reality I am going to...remember, folks, if you will that almost an entire board believed that Ali was in love with ChrisL and Brad was in love with Chantal based on their interactions as was seen on the show, and neither one of them in truth were.

I think a warning of this sort needs to be on all our signatures. Thanks !!!!

Plus going head-over-heels over the F1 as spoiled by RS could be a disaster waiting to happen as proven in the past.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:47 am

Beeleever wrote:TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 1st "THE BACHELORETTE"
CONFERENCE CALL WITH HOST CHRIS HARRISON
Chris Harrison:

It was - it was rough and I kind of have the analogy -- you know, say you or me or anybody else has a horrible break up and gets devastated like this you know.

We all go find solace and, you know, a bowl of ice cream, and a dozen donuts and we get to sit in our house in the dark and contemplate life for a while. Well, she had to go on a date the next day. You know, so, you know this really is really unreal in that aspect where she's like how can I possibly move on and act like nothing's happened.

And so she didn't and she couldn't and I give a lot of credit to the guys this season who are kind of an older more professional group, definitely not kind of that frat house mentality where if it hadn't been for that group of guys, the show may have just fallen apart completely.

I thought the 1:1 date with JP was the same day that Bentley came to her house. Chris says in this interview it was the next day?

Ashley didn't and couldn't act like nothing happened. Wow, I feel bad for JP. I am no longer as excited about this date as I once was. :Frown:

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. And I know you didn't specify whether Bentley will actually return but if he does, what would your justification be for letting him come back for the show?

Chris Harrison: The only thing we would ever do is what Ashley wants to do. And so just, our justification for anything we do is it's up to Ashley.

Okay, seriously, is Chris saying they brought Bentley back because Ashley wanted them to? 🇳🇴

Chris H is now on my douchebag list.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:50 am

Alexxxx wrote:Maybe she's already dumped her F1 to chase after The Bent One. 🇳🇴

I've wondered the status of the relationship as well, due to the things CH has been saying and the way they're playing up the Bentley drama. They have hours and hours and hours of footage - we get it, Bentley wanted it to be EMily, they didn't need to go as far as they did.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

mnmhughes wrote:I have found that I am a much happier person if I do not listen to anything CH says. I cannot reconcile the fact that a happily married, family man who coaches little league soccer can go in to work every day and knowingly lie and willingly spread MF's deceptions. :twisted:

I LOVE this thread ---- when I see him on WTA/MTA and the AFRC's I always wonder what he's actually thinking - does he feel like a douche for egging people on, for pretending that the manipulated/scripted season that just happened was actually real???

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 58 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 43 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Thread #1

+64