SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Thread #1

Page 53 of 58 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 53 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Di_ATL Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:58 pm

mnmhughes wrote:I wonder why TPTB couldn't give Ashley a heads up about Bentley's comments even after the season was over. From the sounds of it, she found out what Bentley had said at the same time as everyone else in America. I mean, seriously, they couldn't help her out a little?

Also, if she ends up on DWTS, I'm going to wonder a little if that's the network's way of apologizing for their poor treatment of her.

This is what i find interesting about Ashley's comments on Kimmel last nite about just finding out how bad Bently really was....because according to CH, he did everything he could to let her know Bently was bad news and somethings he was saying. ( am keeping in mind CH is a company man/ Fliesses minion yes )

I am not saying they told her everything, but his interviews lead you to believe he told her alot.

So did she know, or is she really just finding out like the rest of us no idea
Di_ATL
Di_ATL

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:11 pm

why are the screencaps of Ashley different?

One cap has stuff in front of her TV and the other one doesnt. The first one shows only what looks like a picture holder with two pictures. The second shows the objects that look like cupcakes or candles. Both pictures are at the same time. Is anything on the table relelvant? Does it matter?
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Alexxxx wrote:They're treating Ashley however they have to, to make Bentley's reappearance make sense later in the show. Remember CH said they have to do what the lead wants in these matters. They're blaming Bentley's return totally on Ashley, whether it was really that way or not. Gotta promote the storyline.

I definitely agree with this. I think if Ashley came across as super happy and bubbly on JKL, it would lessen the impact of what is yet to come in the Bentley story, which won't be over until he returns in a few weeks and she (hopefully) kicks him to the curb. Right now the media (per the producers' prompting) is running with the idea that Ashley was so devastated by Bentley that it may have derailed the whole experience for her, but we will have to watch to find out, and she is playing along.

I also don't think it required that much acting on Ashley's part (on Kimmel), simply for the fact that she just had to experience the humiliation again by watching the show last week, and being the insecure person she already is, must have felt like even more of an idiot to see just how nasty Bentley was behind her back. She even commented on how she was surprised to realize that he appeared to actually enjoy hurting her, which was a difficult concept for her to fathom, as somebody who is probably a little naive to start with. So her BFF saying she is still upset about the Bentley situation doesn't mean she still has any feelings for him, or that she couldn't (and didn't) fall for anyone else in the meantime, just that she's a sensitive girl who doesn't get over this kind of betrayal that quickly, especially when it's public.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:36 pm

jelle wrote:

One cap has stuff in front of her TV and the other one doesnt. The first one shows only what looks like a picture holder with two pictures. The second shows the objects that look like cupcakes or candles. Both pictures are at the same time. Is anything on the table relelvant? Does it matter?
I wished I would have dvr it..because I am wondering if the one picture was he first said hello to her and than after the commercial or skit..maybe some one has it can look at it again.
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Hotmomma wrote:
jelle wrote:

I wished I would have dvr it..because I am wondering if the one picture was he first said hello to her and than after the commercial or skit..maybe some one has it can look at it again.

I really think it can be attributed to the crappy video feed. The video was extremely pixelated and the screencaps caught that moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:06 pm

jojo47 wrote:
Bloomers wrote:
Max64 wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:I wonder why TPTB couldn't give Ashley a heads up about Bentley's comments even after the season was over. From the sounds of it, she found out what Bentley had said at the same time as everyone else in America. I mean, seriously, they couldn't help her out a little?

Also, if she ends up on DWTS, I'm going to wonder a little if that's the network's way of apologizing for their poor treatment of her.

They seem to have a habit of that don't they. I hope she doesn't do it, and just gets back to her finishing school and her life.

If she does get and do the DWTS gig, it won't be because she wants a career in front of the camera or even because she doesn't want to be a dentist ( eventually), but I think she will take it out of the extreme love of dance and for the extremely rare opportunity to participate in that kind of a dance situation. The opportunity to be a dentist is going to be there waiting in front of her when she finishes that very little bit of education - and I am convince she will go that little bit to finish - but this kind of opportunity to dance will not come around again.

Bloomers, I agree that she'd likely take the DWTS opportunity if it came her way. On her JK interview (the one in the studio), she indicated she'd be able to finish her required classes for dentistry over the summer. She had to make up lost time. This tells me she has very little left to do and could likely be done in a semester.

She's a good dancer and could have the potential to earn decent $$ on DWTS, without even winning the Mirrorball. For the time commitment required, I could see her wholeheartedly going for it! Who knows, maybe that's how they got her to sign up for B'ette! LOL

ITA. If she is offered DWTS, I wouldn't fault her for taking it, even if she is in a relationship with her F1. DWTS is a much bigger "once in a lifetime" opportunity than doing TB, and as someone who truly loves dancing, she would probably always regret not going for it. And Melissa managed to continue her romance with Tye very successfully while participating, even though he was in Dallas and she in LA. Conversely, Jake and Vienna lived together during the experience and we all know where that went. If she and her guy (if there is one) really are in love and still have a solid relationship by the end of August, it will survive her doing the show for a few months (and I'm sure they will fly him in to watch frequently-good for cross-promotion).

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Did JP or Ben C do any of those mini-interviews to talk about their dates this week ?

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:31 pm

They aren't posted yet if they did, but I hope they do. William did one and Ryan P/Ames have done them (without even getting a 1-1 date yet)

One of the producers tweeted that blogs would be posted later today by Ashley S and others though.

Last edited by CarrieAlexander on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:32 pm

nd4reality wrote:Did JP or Ben C do any of those mini-interviews to talk about their dates this week ?
They haven't posted anything yet.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:32 pm

ironcat wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:They're treating Ashley however they have to, to make Bentley's reappearance make sense later in the show. Remember CH said they have to do what the lead wants in these matters. They're blaming Bentley's return totally on Ashley, whether it was really that way or not. Gotta promote the storyline.

I definitely agree with this. I think if Ashley came across as super happy and bubbly on JKL, it would lessen the impact of what is yet to come in the Bentley story, which won't be over until he returns in a few weeks and she (hopefully) kicks him to the curb. Right now the media (per the producers' prompting) is running with the idea that Ashley was so devastated by Bentley that it may have derailed the whole experience for her, but we will have to watch to find out, and she is playing along.

I also don't think it required that much acting on Ashley's part (on Kimmel), simply for the fact that she just had to experience the humiliation again by watching the show last week, and being the insecure person she already is, must have felt like even more of an idiot to see just how nasty Bentley was behind her back. She even commented on how she was surprised to realize that he appeared to actually enjoy hurting her, which was a difficult concept for her to fathom, as somebody who is probably a little naive to start with. So her BFF saying she is still upset about the Bentley situation doesn't mean she still has any feelings for him, or that she couldn't (and didn't) fall for anyone else in the meantime, just that she's a sensitive girl who doesn't get over this kind of betrayal that quickly, especially when it's public.
Good Post I agree
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 pm

jelle wrote:

One of the photos I posted of Ashley was in HD and the other one was a lower resolution. I can try and capture some more stills in HD. So we can see if there are any details we missed.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 pm

From TWoP

Ashley was on GMA today - via video phone or whatever it was. George S. did the lead in and she popped up looking all droopy and sad eyed as they were talking about Bentley. She said something about how it was hard to watch the clips, but that she was happy now. She actually looked extremely disheveled and angry, but whatever. No mention of whether she 'picked anyone' --

no no

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 58 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 58  Next