Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 3 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer on June 29th 2011, 5:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

I think it was just him being honest with the guys, and why hide it after Ashley had told them. He was just trying to defend Ashley to the guys and help them to see that it really wasn't something that should hinder them as he believed she had put closure between her and Bently. If he was devious, he'd have kept his mouth shut and let them be mad as it would help his chances but he didn't. I didn't see it as an act of one-upmanship over the other guys, but him trying to keep the peace and also to defend Ashley's honour. He seems like a straight up kinda guy and I don't think he was stirring the pot the way some might have in that situation.

I just rewatched that scene and I only remember one comment from Ben during that whole cocktail party and he said something like "as long as she concentrates on the guys she has here she'll be fine" I wonder what else he said during that evening?

So NV...I posted the following upthread:

I think it was Blake that said to JP, "You knew Bentley was here last night"? and JP replied "Yeah" and someone says "You sandbagging..." Just at that moment they pan to Blake and you can see Ashley standing behind the wall listening to JP defend her against what the guys are saying. I rewatched in slo-mo several times and you can clearly see her silver sparkly dress. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was interesting that she was behind a wall listening to that conversation.

Do you think it was planned or an accident that Ash was listening when JP told the guys he knew? I'd also like to hear why you think they edited out all Ben's comments. Thanks.

I'd read your comment and was looking for it when rewatching that part this morning (watched the date portion with JP too :lovehearts: and you can definitely see her there. Not sure how close she actually was but if there was no glass separately them, she would most likely have heard them talking. I don't think she purposely eavesdropped on the conversation but could have overheard when approaching them. As for Ben, I'm not sure there was much to edit out as he doesn't seem to say much about anything, he just sits backs and listens from what we can see. Sometimes I get the feeling of disinterest from him, whether he is or not is another matter but his edit seems to be one of him showing no emotion one way or the other, which could be significant toward the end and why she chooses JP over him. no idea

northernviewer

Female Posts : 4504

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever on June 29th 2011, 5:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

I think it was just him being honest with the guys, and why hide it after Ashley had told them. He was just trying to defend Ashley to the guys and help them to see that it really wasn't something that should hinder them as he believed she had put closure between her and Bently. If he was devious, he'd have kept his mouth shut and let them be mad as it would help his chances but he didn't. I didn't see it as an act of one-upmanship over the other guys, but him trying to keep the peace and also to defend Ashley's honour. He seems like a straight up kinda guy and I don't think he was stirring the pot the way some might have in that situation.

I just rewatched that scene and I only remember one comment from Ben during that whole cocktail party and he said something like "as long as she concentrates on the guys she has here she'll be fine" I wonder what else he said during that evening?

So NV...I posted the following upthread:

I think it was Blake that said to JP, "You knew Bentley was here last night"? and JP replied "Yeah" and someone says "You sandbagging..." Just at that moment they pan to Blake and you can see Ashley standing behind the wall listening to JP defend her against what the guys are saying. I rewatched in slo-mo several times and you can clearly see her silver sparkly dress. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was interesting that she was behind a wall listening to that conversation.

Do you think it was planned or an accident that Ash was listening when JP told the guys he knew? I'd also like to hear why you think they edited out all Ben's comments. Thanks.

Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha on June 29th 2011, 5:17 am

tinydancer wrote:

I actually thought he handled that really well and it was a non issue for the other guys. None of them mentioned it after the fact.
I agree -- I think minus Ryan all the guys really get along with each other very well, respect each other and seem to be building a good bond in the house...

emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer on June 29th 2011, 5:13 am

northernviewer

Female Posts : 4504

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 29th 2011, 5:08 am

@IrishGal wrote:I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

I actually thought he handled that really well and it was a non issue for the other guys. None of them mentioned it after the fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me on June 29th 2011, 4:09 am

Didn't Ali tell Roberto about Justin (Rated R) hobbling over to her house before the guys found out about it? I remember Roberto was the one who spilled the beans to the group during the cocktail party that night.

It seems TPTB really have run out of ideas because they keep recycling story lines.

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal on June 29th 2011, 1:50 am

I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia on June 29th 2011, 12:43 am

You may be right, and IMO, it doesn't matter as long as she got it. I honestly don't know why some people don't think it's possible to quickly get over an "attachment" that formed in a matter of days, was based on deception, shallow as can be, and ended in humiliation. Once Ashley was clued in to what was really going on with Bentley, I think her attitude towards him took a total 180. They say there's a fine line between love and hate, and even though I think it's an exaggeration to say she felt either for Bentley, she definitely crossed that line.

I agree Good Post

I can only hope they are editing out any future references to Bentley they might have originally scripted into the remaining episodes. (Not that I believe she was still obsessing about him, that's why I said scripted.) They might have assured Ashley he's gone from the edit starting next week because she said as much in her blog. I hope that wasn't an assumption on her part (because she doesn't remember talking about him after that), the editors can have her saying something about Bentley in a VO during the freakin' FRC if they want to.

terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever on June 29th 2011, 12:13 am

Something I noticed when I watched the end of the cocktail party...after Mickey left and Ashley said her little speech to the guys, they were all sitting around talking about the whole Bentley returning fiasco. JP says, "I addressed all of this last night, all of it". Really JP? Hmmmm we didn't see him question her about anything. I think they cut a whole lot out of Ash and JP's conversation. They made it look like JP blindly accepted what she said and thanked her for her honesty without any conversation at all.

Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on June 28th 2011, 10:28 pm

They were pretty dang funny and pretty dang sorry at rowing. But they had fun. LOL!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears on June 28th 2011, 10:26 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I know most are still talking about JP and Ashley's date - but did anyone catch Ben and Constantine singing row, row, row your boat with their dragon boat team? I LOVED their whole part on that date!

Yes!! They were so funny I was about to fall out of my chair watching them, they made the perfect team!

Loved it. Ben F. has such a great sense of humor, so laid back. Just seeing the outfits they were wearing during the contest was enough to have me choking on my wine. giggling Add in the fact that the other guys were saying stuff about not wanting to wear anything that dumb because it'd slow them down....and their chant meaning idiot...omg. rotfl

black_tears

Female Posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears on June 28th 2011, 10:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Well seems like eveyone wants Ben now, Michelle tweet Ben is a sweetie and please to tweet back to her interesting.

They want Ben because he's a nice, cute guy who is available. JP is taken.

There's no way they don't know it.

Oh and this is just adorable. AshleyS spontaneously tweeted this during JPash's date:

Ashley S.
I'm hoping Ash picks someone that will get along with me and @ScottWheaton! Im gonna need a double date soon! #Bachelorette

Hey, I definitely told AS when she was on the board to take pictures when she double dates with JP and Ashley. giggling All for the cuteness that would bring.

black_tears

Female Posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum