SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:My thought watching last night's episode is that I'm not comfortable with what Brooks thinks (according to what was shown) love is supposed to feel like.  Pain?  In my experience that was a sign that a relationship was NOT meeting your needs, and that what you felt wasn't healthy.  I believe that when you fall in love with the right person, it feels good, it feels secure.  I think he was looking for a feeling with Des that doesn't belong with real love.

Now, the whole idea that you have to feel love after being together for less a sum total of 24 - 48 hours is ridiculous.  I do think he would know if he wasn't feeling "it" at all, and wasn't going to, but as I said above, I worry that he's been looking for the wrong feelings to start with, that he seems to need a relationship to be unhealthy.

Lol, as if I could know anything based on an edited show of people I don't know!  But, truly, that was the story I was seeing.

So, in my thinking, that is the window that could be walked through for him to change his mind.  He could realize that what him and Des are starting is healthy and positive, while what he has assumed he should feel is unhealthy and negative.

Odds of them making it regardless?  Pretty darn slim.  But I was really taken back by his description of what love should feel like, and I'm curious if others could relate to it.

I said awhile ago, and regardless of how the show ends, I don't think Brooks ever entered the state of what's been termed the "Bachelor Bubble".

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 10 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:12 pm

northernviewer wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:My thought watching last night's episode is that I'm not comfortable with what Brooks thinks (according to what was shown) love is supposed to feel like.  Pain?  In my experience that was a sign that a relationship was NOT meeting your needs, and that what you felt wasn't healthy.  I believe that when you fall in love with the right person, it feels good, it feels secure.  I think he was looking for a feeling with Des that doesn't belong with real love.

Now, the whole idea that you have to feel love after being together for less a sum total of 24 - 48 hours is ridiculous.  I do think he would know if he wasn't feeling "it" at all, and wasn't going to, but as I said above, I worry that he's been looking for the wrong feelings to start with, that he seems to need a relationship to be unhealthy.

Lol, as if I could know anything based on an edited show of people I don't know!  But, truly, that was the story I was seeing.

So, in my thinking, that is the window that could be walked through for him to change his mind.  He could realize that what him and Des are starting is healthy and positive, while what he has assumed he should feel is unhealthy and negative.

Odds of them making it regardless?  Pretty darn slim.  But I was really taken back by his description of what love should feel like, and I'm curious if others could relate to it.

I said awhile ago, and regardless of how the show ends, I don't think Brooks ever entered the state of what's been termed the "Bachelor Bubble".  

Possible. But how did you feel about his description of what he "knew" love felt like?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjaney Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Rewatched. I had started to get a lukewarm vibe from Brooks a few weeks ago a posted about it too.
As a woman I HATE watching this story unfold. Girl goes gaga over lukewarm noncommittal dude. Yuck. How many of us girls have been there done that? Cringeworthy I just hope Des is happy now. Too much heartbreak.
In theory the Bachlorette formula should work since many guys are competing for one girl... Des got too invested in Brooks early on and I think this stunted the growth of the other relationships. She should have taken a step back and been more reserved especially when Brooks was not as forthcoming as the others with sharing HUD emotions. This is not a criticism just an observation ( ok and lessons learned from my own many mistakes lol).
I don't have a dog in this race anymore I think she missed the boat with Michael G lol!

crazyjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm

The problem is that everyone was telling Desiree they loved her after the first week!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:46 pm

True, Atem, and I agree all those early "I love you's" contributed to false perceptions by Des and also, crazyjaney, that Des' laser focus probably did not do her any favors.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:48 pm

Good points. Honestly, I tuned Brooks out when he started using the words 'pain' and 'hurt' to describe love. I'm not sure he really knows.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm

I really think that Brooks is not the best communicator - DUH. I think he was trying to articulate that when you are not with the one you love, missing them can hurt - be painful - longing - angst, whatevs. He is all broody and Heathcliffy and somewhat depressive, at least by his edit. I have no earthly idea if the man loves her, doesn't love her, could love her - no clue.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm

atem wrote:The problem is that everyone was telling Desiree they loved her after the first week!

That's how guys are -- very competitive -- and they probably did their homework and knew about Des' need for love.

(Or if they make it to the final four, they can possibly be the next bachelor!! giggling )

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Will you marry me = hey wanna hang out after the show? Play your cards right and you can cheer me on for DWTS!

Too funny! You get quote of the day. Thanks for the laugh!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:59 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:I really think that Brooks is not the best communicator - DUH. I think he was trying to articulate that when you are not with the one you love, missing them can hurt - be painful - longing - angst, whatevs. He is all broody and Heathcliffy and somewhat depressive, at least by his edit. I have no earthly idea if the man loves her, doesn't love her, could love her - no clue.

He is awful at communication. It is more than just edit. ITA, I have no clue. I doubt if he has a clue either which is the sad part.

Back to top Go down

Post by lithargic Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi to my old friends- been away for a long time.  I used to be a consultant to ABC and had friends who gave me inside information.  No more though.  Now just guessing like everybody else.  I think the episode will begin (after endless minutes reviewing last week) with the rose ceremony.  Chris and Drew will be wondering why Brooks isn't there.  Des is just about to tell them that Brooks left when (surprise surprise!) he shows up again!  He asks to talk to Des and begs for another chance...says he panicked but has always loved her...blah blah blah.  She says she will give him a chance to meet her family but only if he is open about whether he is truly ready to commit (blah blah blah).  She then  gives roses to him and Chris and says goodbye to Drew.
lithargic
lithargic

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 pm

:WAVEY: Hi lith! Interesting. Smiley

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love