SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by LLiza Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:42 pm

I was startled when Des asked Chris and Drew if they'd ever been to the Caribbean before -- and she said that she had not either!! The ladies I watched the episode with today said "what about St. Croix" on Sean's season?? Hmmmm....

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by bilolo Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 pm

do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 pm

LLiza wrote:I was startled when Des asked Chris and Drew if they'd ever been to the Caribbean before -- and she said that she had not either!!  The ladies I watched the episode with today said "what about St. Croix" on Sean's season??  Hmmmm....

You are 100% correct! That was the one before HTD where she was eliminated. Too funny. Wonder where she thought she was?

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:55 pm

She's obviously lacking in both geography and in recognizing huge red flags!!

LLiza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:04 pm

bilolo wrote:do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?

Not really a fan of any of them to be honest. I just want her to find some closure and be happy with a man or not. We see what they want us to see. She experiences more than we will ever know. I can't judge. I have four adult sons who are older than these three and I sure hope they are better men and more mature. My kids did ask my opinion but I would never be guiding a 28 year old like Brooks. He is one of the youngest in a large family of11 kids. I wonder if decisions were made for him by the older ones as he has both articulation issues and decision making tough for him. He drug both the conversation with CH and Des out way too long. Drew is a little too "enthusiastic" for my taste and Chris sweet but awkward. Again who knows what is on the editing floor? I do wish they left the nasal cleansing from Dr. Siegfried out. :cutesmile!: 

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:13 pm

LLiza wrote:She's obviously lacking in both geography and in recognizing huge red flags!!

giggling 

She had probably erased all her memory of her first round of being on this show.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Swissmiss wrote:
bilolo wrote:do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?

Not really a fan of any of them to be honest. I just want her to find some closure and be happy with a man or not. We see what they want us to see. She experiences more than we will ever know. I can't judge. I have four adult sons who are older than these three and I sure hope they are better men and more mature. My kids did ask my opinion but I would never be guiding a 28 year old like Brooks. He is one of the youngest in a large family of11 kids. I wonder if decisions were made for him by the older ones as he has both articulation issues and decision making tough for him. He drug both the conversation with CH and Des out way too long. Drew is a little too "enthusiastic" for my taste and Chris sweet but awkward. Again who knows what is on the editing floor? I do wish they left the nasal cleansing from Dr. Siegfried out. :cutesmile!: 

Good for you!! I have a strong feeling that Brooks' mom and sister LOVED that he was unable to make a decision without them. Some parents (as I'm sure you know) do their kids a disservice and encourage dependence on their parents. I bet his mom has made him feel as if he cannot carry on without her insight. While it may make HER feel needed, it only makes her son a cripple.

LLiza

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 pm

2observe wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
Archer23 wrote:
SouthernMomOf4 wrote:Producers can do whatever it is they do but the reality is the guy said he knows what it is to be in love and this isn't it.  He said it in a well thought out, calm fashion.

There have been plenty of red flags throughout the season as well.  His body language, the conversation where she is "running" and he "isn't there".  

Brooks is simply NOT as into Desiree and Desiree is into Brooks.  It is what it is no matter how TPTB or fans want to spin it.  The guy likes her, he respects her, but he doesn't love her.

IMO ring or no ring, rehab or no rehab, proposal or no proposal, this is not then next Trista and Ryan season.  Even if by some producer manipulation Brooks proposes my bet is by the time we are looking at a new bachelor this relationship is a bad memory.
This. Every word of it. I don't even mind if he has a change of heart, comes back, begs for another chance, and she agrees to date him in the real world. But any ending that involves her accepting a proposal from anyone will make her look desperate and needy in my eyes. That ring needs to be a "let's date in the real world and see how it goes" ring and nothing else.

I think in real life, they more than likely are taking a cue from Jesse Palmer and an air ticket to visit might be more realistic on their horizon. He didn't even wait to take her on his cruise.
So maybe Des didn't take him back after all.  Good for her.
That would be for the best. I know she's probably feeling pressure to choose and have a good story but for her mental health, it's better to just be alone and keep looking for a man where there's mutual affection and interest. Brooks was very clear, she's a nice, great, "AHHHHMAZING" gal but at the end of the day, he doesn't love her. Couldn't be more clear.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 pm

nd4reality wrote:
LLiza wrote:She's obviously lacking in both geography and in recognizing huge red flags!!

giggling 

She had probably erased all her memory of her first round of being on this show.

It wasn't a sin to forget that St. Croix is in the Caribbean....but too bad that she also erased the way that the show works!! OR...perhaps Sean made his choice on day one as well, and spent the rest of the weeks obvioulsy ignoring the possibilities with the other women. Since Catherine was invisible for the first half we will never know!! Either way, her blinders were on and she missed huge portions of her last year!!

LLiza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 pm

LLiza wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:

Good for you!!  I have a strong feeling that Brooks' mom and sister LOVED that he was unable to make a decision without them.  Some parents (as I'm sure you know) do their kids a disservice and encourage dependence on their parents.  I bet his mom has made him feel as if he cannot carry on without her insight.  While it may make HER feel needed, it only makes her son a cripple.

All families are different but his dependence on the two women struck me as odd. I know his dad is not part of the picture but he has brothers. I would have thought it would be more of a guy thing. I get family approval and their best wishes but my kids married who they wanted. I doubt there was a thing either their dad or I could say that would make them change their mind. JMHO but the goal of parenting should be to raise independent adults. Hey, at my age they might be making the decisions for me regarding the assisted living home! I want them to be able to make the hard calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 pm

Do you think TPTB knew he was questioning things and suggested he go home to talk with his family? I could definitely see that happening.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm

nutty1 wrote:Do you think TPTB knew he was questioning things and suggested he go home to talk with his family? I could definitely see that happening.

Again ? He is probably the most expensive contestant they have ever had. That tops even Ed.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love