SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 am

draven31 wrote:ok I have another question. When Brooks had his sit down with CH and CH was grilling him. Why didn't Chis just tell Brooks " hey dude she loves you and this will hurt her" instead of just telling him (basically) go forth and smash her heart to bits just make sure you do it before you get to the FS?

Million dollar question. Des didn't tell him, either, until halfway through him breaking up with her and he was angry with her that she hadn't told him earlier.

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 am

[quote="Swissmiss"]
pbmax wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:I just wish her well. We all have heartbreak but few if any have it play out on TV. The humiliation she experienced last night was awful. She deserves a break and I hope fans of the show will respect her choice even if they don't get it. JMHO

I didn't see any humiliation cause one thing he didn't do a good job of telling her he didn't love her. He was fumble all over it. He didn't convince me. I really couldn't tell what it was he wanted to say.

JMHO but if I had been saying I am head over heels in love and he came to me and said I'm not feeling it I would have preferred to do my ugly cry in privacy. I had a hard time watching her. I totally agree his "breakup" speech was a train wreck. He sure did fumble his words and too many sentence fragments. I think between nerves and camera it was too much for him. This guy has got to go out in public and also back to work. The meltdown he had is all over the news today. I can't imagine either of them not feeling humiliated or at minimum embarrassed for a very uncomfortable and public emotional matter. My hearing is not great but I missed many of his words as he mumbled. The producers might have thought they hit gold with the drama but I am not looking forward to next Monday. I found it sad. I probably will not watch and just read the news Tuesday morning. I don't see any scenario where this ends well. I am not a huge fan of any of the three guys but feel for them as well as Des. I think they got more than they signed up for. JMHO [/quote

I found it sad, too. I am a Brooks fan through and through and really feel for Des, as well, and I find this whole thing very sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am

bilolo wrote:I hope when he comes back (don't even know if he'll) he begs Des to accept him because he broke her heart and it would be so easy to just go and come like nothing happened. Des make him wait for your decision, make him sweat.
, if you can't go without him.

I agree she should. It'd be good for both of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:20 am

meauxwalk wrote:Ya, I agree pbmax. I got the impression that Brooks was pretty shell shocked by her admission. I think he had convinced himself that she was more in love with the other guys.

After Des finally walked away to the pier, and Brooks was pacing/swearing/crying, it looked to me like he kept almost walking after her and then checking himself and turning away. It looked like he was so confused--he wanted to stay, but he just broke up with her--and was wondering how/why he was feeling this way.

I think Brooks convinced himself that he was not in love with Des and that he would never be in love with her, possibly as a way of protecting himself emotionally. Logically (and it seems he is very logical/rational) how could anyone truly be in love after so short a time when your significant other is dating a bunch of other men? That's what I would be thinking about whenever I wasn't with the Bach and I imagine it would greatly inhibit one's ability to feel "in love" when away from the person.

I think that Brooks' brother's words about when you lose someone and realize you would fight tooth and nail to get them back was foreshadowing. I almost wonder if it wasn't sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. He heard what his brother was saying and sabotaged himself. Brooks needed to lose Des to realize how much he needed her...

(Just a ton of speculation on my part.)

Totally. All the bolded. That's what I see, and agree.

He said this in his PI that he hadn't expected to feel so much after he broke up with her.

I hope that he comes back, Des accepts him and CH leaves them the freak alone.

Last edited by SusieQ on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:31 am

SusieQ wrote:
draven31 wrote:ok I have another question. When Brooks had his sit down with CH and CH was grilling him. Why didn't Chis just tell Brooks " hey dude she loves you and this will hurt her" instead of just telling him (basically) go forth and smash her heart to bits just make sure you do it before you get to the FS?

Million dollar question. Des didn't tell him, either, until halfway through him breaking up with her and he was angry with her that she hadn't told him earlier.

Also, you cannot tell me they didn't know Des was going to confess her love to Brooks on their date. They wanted that curtailed.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by draven31 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 am

BarbB222 wrote:
SusieQ wrote:

Also, you cannot tell me they didn't  know  Des was going to confess her love to Brooks on their date. They wanted that curtailed.

absolutely..

I'm sure it's drilled into each lead's head that they can not mention the L word , at least until the FS. Des was in shock when Brooks started the break up speech. Once she realized what was happening , she told him.

As you wish.” —Westley (Cary Elwes) to Buttercup (Robin Wright)
On my tombstone I want it to say: ‘I didn’t forward the text message to 15 friends.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
draven31
draven31

Female Posts : 897

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:12 am

pinkflowers31 wrote:I just read a bunch of different interviews with past bachelor/bachelorettes of this show. Of course they were before last nights show was on. But Ali said it was going to be Chris. Ashley and JP also thought it was Chris, and so did Ryan Sutter. I also read that Chris was Catherine's pick as well. Not sure who else, but so far, that's what I've come across. They all see something between them. Makes you wonder, that's for sure. I still have a feeling it could be Chris, and that's not a bad thing imo.

The fact that they all say Chris ... I find hard to believe. They all know the spoilers (no matter how much they deny), so to me it just means that they are going along like good little soldiers and following party/producer lines to throw viewers off. This is one season where the lead has been very clear about where her affections are and they ALL think it is Chris? Don't think so.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:24 am

Love_Me wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:44 am

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 am

bilolo wrote:do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?

In a word... NO. I'm not a fan of his per se, but he's my favorite out of the last 3 guys. This isn't about "winning" for me. Des clearly fell for Brooks.. period. She likes and admires Chris but she just doesn't have the kind of feelings for him that he has for her, so her choosing him at this point wouldn't be for the right reasons. Then I'd call it leading him on. Up to now, all of their interactions are part and parcel with doing the show, a necessary evil when you sign up for the show... but to choose him when she's in love with another man (that doesn't change in 1 week, not even on a show like this lol) would cause so much hurt later, better to end it all now. Even if she did end up dating Chris later, at least he'd never have to wonder if he was second choice, which is what he'd be now... especially after him watching the episode the other night OUCH

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 am

Swissmiss wrote:
LLiza wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:
luvstx wrote:And since this is still the FD episode thread, has it been brought up at all how unimpressive the fantasy suites really were?!?  Bad publicity for the Verandah in my opinion.  All the rooms were so small and didn't look luxurious at all.  Chris' outdoor space and hot tub were nice but the 'suite' that Drew had was bare bones.

I moved down there in 1998 to help set up a non profit. The Verandah is nice especially the grounds but is known as being a family friendly place more than a luxury resort. There are about four other resorts down there that would have been a better choice. I was kind of surprised. I never stayed there but did attend meetings. Nice but not exotic like usual.

Thanks, Swissmiss, for the info.  I am not surprised.  The very nicest resorts are most likely unwilling to close down so much of their facility just to film a TV game show.  The amount of turmoil it takes just to film the town scenes (and manufacture parades and concerts) is not welcome to those who either reside or vacation there.  I highly doubt that MF pays the resorts enough to cover closing down their rooms and property for several days.  Did you notice any people hanging around/vacationing in the scenes last night??  Looked like a ghost town to me!!  LOL

It is not cheap to stay on the island. Even the Verandah I think is around $550/night. I am sure you are right they got a rate to rent the entire place. What struck me is no wait staff was in sight. Wonder if they even got room service or Kraft food Services? Hubby was watching with me last night and said he sure would not want to pay that much for a vacation to have all that drama. The land was undeveloped until about seven years ago perhaps. It almost did not get built since locals were not happy. I was back in the states by then. Luckily I have friends to stay with. More my price. Smiley: 

Sorry to be so late in responding to this reply. Thanks, SwissMiss, for giving us some details on the Verandah. Makes sense that it's more of a family friendly resort and not as intimate as some of the spots they've chosen for the FD. Guess they were the ones willing to host the filming and the more luxurious spots took a pass. Just don't think they got much good p.r. for their efforts as the place did not show as well as some other resorts in the past have.

Last edited by luvstx on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reply had been deleted)
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:38 am

Sorry to be so late to thank you for your reply, SwissMiss. Very interesting about the Verandah. I know that there are other more luxurious properties on Antigua but clearly the crew at the Verandah was willing to acquiesce to having the filming done on their three properties. Just don't think they helped themselves in the p.r. department.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love