Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 7 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 am

sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:
Rolly wrote:sfrank, I totally agree.

Brooks was trying to help Des out knowing she would have trouble explaining moving so quickly from "I love you...you are the only one I can say that to... the conflict was when I was on dates, I wanted to be on dates with you....I just wanted to give my heart to you". Look at her face after he says he wasn't "entirely surprised"...I think he was a bit surprised after all she said the last time he saw her. JMO.

If they would have dated for a few months after the show and then gotten engaged it might be believable. She went from declaring her love to Brooks (saying all the things above and more), in fact saying she would accept his proposal to becoming engaged to Chris in less than one (1) week. I don't buy it. Brooks was being kind.
I don't think Brooks is kind.

I am so disappointed in Brooks.  
If Brooks realized how upset Des was during that breakup (since he cared so much for her):bigsigh: , why would he even use her discomfort post-show as a presentation unless he was encouraged with rewards or promised a F4?  It seems all his honesty in the show was a bunch of hogwash.  I don’t know why he didn’t just stick it out to the end and turn her down.  In light of this presentation stuff I think this may have been on the table.  (Speculating)Chris H may have put a damper on that because he liked Des too much to let that happen. I think the words “true and honest” have different meanings to Brooks.  He is not loyal friend; who needs enemies with friends like him.  This edit must really be something.  It is amazing Des was able to make something out of this with Chris, unless he was always F1.  Kudos to them for keeping faith in each other through all the crap they had thrown at them.
Excellent post Muslady.

SFrank.. what if Chris suspected what was going on? He wrote about a concealed truth. Maybe he loved Des enough not to want that ending for her on the show. Maybe he was there to the end, just like he said he would be, no matter how tough the journey ended up being. And in the end, all his confidence was correct. It seems to have worked out. I think the fact that he put his ego or pride aside and hung in there is pretty extraordinary.
I have said over and over that Chris loved Des. That's not in question. The question is did Des love Chris the way she loved Brooks (on the show) and the answer is a resounding NO in my opinion. She had feelings for Chris but not the way she loved Brooks. The girl said she couldn't love Chris (or Drew) the same way. Yes, I think Chris put his pride aside but the question is would he have still proposed if he saw what WE saw. I don't think he understood the depth of Des' feelings for Brooks.

At FRC, she briefly mentioned her feelings for Brooks to Chris but it wasn't nearly enough. If she really wanted to come clean she could have done it off camera when he could ask her questions without the pressure to propose or she could have said let's date first and not accepted his proposal until ATFR.  She was brokenhearted when Brooks left because that was her end game. Period. Chris is a man of integrity and IMO once he proposed he was not going to go back on that even if she finally told him everything (or he saw for himself). Additionally, they have had a few months post-show to cultivate their relationship so all he can do is move forward.

People want to point to Chris' confidence as though that means something. If Brooks had stayed it would not have mattered how much confidence he had. Hell, even Zak was confident! Look at how many "losers" in the shows history were confident. Jolly even said on their podcast that when you are NOT the winner TPTB give you confidence and fill the actual F1 with a lot of doubt. Remember how confident Lindsey was and how terrified Catherine was on FRC? Frankly, I think that also contributed to Brooks leaving and being surprised to hear that Des loved him. I'm sure TPTB let him think that Des had stronger feelings for the others.
Per the bolded- do you think TPTB would let her discuss it with him offscreen? Also.. I think they would have had him propose, her reject, before she could ask him to just date. Seems like she had no good options at that point. If she wanted to try with Chris, starting by rejecting him on national television was not a good plan. She pretty much painted herself into a corner. 3 weeks post show.. it seems like she made the best choice given her options though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:42 am

soccermom333 wrote:I enjoy this board and this thread and do not think it is sad.  Happy to come here and discuss Chris and Des!  ;)  I have a feeling there will be a lot of discussion of Des and Chris in the coming months!  ;)  
I agree!
I would not label myself a fan, but just from the few things I see and hear this couple, where they are today, are very much like any other couple in love and starting out. This is no Effie and M trying to fool the public in a sham relationship until they can move on.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:38 am

Muslady wrote:
sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:
Rolly wrote:sfrank, I totally agree.

Brooks was trying to help Des out knowing she would have trouble explaining moving so quickly from "I love you...you are the only one I can say that to... the conflict was when I was on dates, I wanted to be on dates with you....I just wanted to give my heart to you". Look at her face after he says he wasn't "entirely surprised"...I think he was a bit surprised after all she said the last time he saw her. JMO.

If they would have dated for a few months after the show and then gotten engaged it might be believable. She went from declaring her love to Brooks (saying all the things above and more), in fact saying she would accept his proposal to becoming engaged to Chris in less than one (1) week. I don't buy it. Brooks was being kind.
I don't think Brooks is kind.

I am so disappointed in Brooks.  
If Brooks realized how upset Des was during that breakup (since he cared so much for her):bigsigh: , why would he even use her discomfort post-show as a presentation unless he was encouraged with rewards or promised a F4?  It seems all his honesty in the show was a bunch of hogwash.  I don’t know why he didn’t just stick it out to the end and turn her down.  In light of this presentation stuff I think this may have been on the table.  (Speculating)Chris H may have put a damper on that because he liked Des too much to let that happen. I think the words “true and honest” have different meanings to Brooks.  He is not loyal friend; who needs enemies with friends like him.  This edit must really be something.  It is amazing Des was able to make something out of this with Chris, unless he was always F1.  Kudos to them for keeping faith in each other through all the crap they had thrown at them.
Excellent post Muslady.

SFrank.. what if Chris suspected what was going on? He wrote about a concealed truth. Maybe he loved Des enough not to want that ending for her on the show. Maybe he was there to the end, just like he said he would be, no matter how tough the journey ended up being. And in the end, all his confidence was correct. It seems to have worked out. I think the fact that he put his ego or pride aside and hung in there is pretty extraordinary.
I have said over and over that Chris loved Des. That's not in question. The question is did Des love Chris the way she loved Brooks (on the show) and the answer is a resounding NO in my opinion. She had feelings for Chris but not the way she loved Brooks. The girl said she couldn't love Chris (or Drew) the same way. Yes, I think Chris put his pride aside but the question is would he have still proposed if he saw what WE saw. I don't think he understood the depth of Des' feelings for Brooks.

At FRC, she briefly mentioned her feelings for Brooks to Chris but it wasn't nearly enough. If she really wanted to come clean she could have done it off camera when he could ask her questions without the pressure to propose or she could have said let's date first and not accepted his proposal until ATFR.  She was brokenhearted when Brooks left because that was her end game. Period. Chris is a man of integrity and IMO once he proposed he was not going to go back on that even if she finally told him everything (or he saw for himself). Additionally, they have had a few months post-show to cultivate their relationship so all he can do is move forward.
She was just as far in her relationship with Chris and Drew as she was with Brooks.  From what we saw on the show she was further with Chris and Drew.  She said all along that she concentrated on each date by itself. I think she did exactly that and went with the flow.  From what we were shown the flow was definitely with Chris.  She was only flirting with Brooks, which is all Brooks ever gave her.  The other was edited words and frustration over the crap she had to deal with.  I think her date with Chris in Germany was game over.:Nod:   When did Chris go home that night?:winkie: 

At FRC I'm sure Chris knew exactly what she was going to say.  He probably told her not to give anyone any ammunition; therefore, the less said the better, which is exactly what happened.  
Perhaps we watched a different show...yes it's edited but unless they have Des dub over her own voice and every time she said she was in love with Brooks and it was actually Chris then what you've said makes little sense.  We see her sitting talking directly to CH and her lips say the words. Its not VO or PI. We saw this girl after 1on1 dates with Chris in Germany, Madeira and HTD continue talk about being in love with Brooks. She said she was falling for Chris yes but she was not in love - and it's not lost on me that this is an entertainment show - so as in love as you can be on a show like this. I'm just using Des' terminology. We watched her cry and say directly to the camera that she couldn't love Chris (or Drew) the same. In fact she dumped Drew pretty much the same way that Brooks dumped her so I'm not sure where you get that he was even on the same level as Brooks or Chris. As for Chris knowing about Brooks of course he knew that she had feelings for them all but I highly doubt he knew the extent. Anyway, her feelings for Brooks are moot because she is with Chris now and it's been several months.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:17 am

Mandy61 wrote:Okay, I tried so hard not to come here anymore ...

*snipped*

IMO this board has become a sad place to visit.
I'm having deja vu!  Hugesmile

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

So back to Chris! There is such an integrity and openness about him.  He just comes off as "steady" and ready to be a partner in both the old-fashioned sense of the word (he talked about providing, taking care of, being a rock for, a shoulder to cry on, etc), and at the same time in the more modern sense as he repeatedly appreciates her independence and that is important to him.
Whatever got them to the point of engagement, it is these kinds of qualities, and Des' appreciation of them (which I believe she now has) that will keep them together.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany44000 Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:52 am

I have a question.... If chris decided to leave at f3 and blindsided her... Do u think she would have fell apart and reacted the same way! I'll answer for myself an say yes!
brittany44000
brittany44000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:56 pm

brittany44000 wrote:I have a question.... If chris decided to leave at f3 and blindsided her... Do u think she would have fell apart and reacted the same way! I'll answer for myself an say yes!
Not if Brooks had stayed.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:51 pm

brittany44000 wrote:I have a question.... If chris decided to leave at f3 and blindsided her... Do u think she would have fell apart and reacted the same way! I'll answer for myself an say yes!
No, not at all. If roles were reversed and Chris left and Brooks stayed, I'm thinking she would have reacted the same way as when Bryden or James left. Showing a little bit of emotion, but she had her eye on the prize at the end, which was Brooks all along.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Frankly, while I understand that fans want to root for and promote their favorites to the bitter end, the reality is that proving whether Brooks or Chris was Des' first choice will not make a bit of difference as far as the future of their relationship, which has obviously progressed far beyond where it was at the time of their premature proposal, as they now clearly look to be as in love as all the other Bachelor couples did, and are also intimate and living together.  And if you look at the pitiable track record of the show, it appears that being "second choice" (and by that I mean someone who the lead didn't fall madly into an infatuation with within the first week) might even increase the odds for longterm success.  After all, Jason and Molly are still going strong, as are Ash and JP, while Brad and Emily lasted for all of a lukewarm minute.

So while "love", "lust" or "infatuation" at first sight is a romantic concept, and certainly a fitting one for this franchise IN THEORY, I think IN PRACTICE, it doesn't work out very well.  Maybe that bodes well for this pairing.

Last edited by ironcat on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
No, not at all. If roles were reversed and Chris left and Brooks stayed, I'm thinking she would have reacted the same way as when Bryden or James left. Showing a little bit of emotion, but she had her eye on the prize at the end, which was Brooks all along.
It's an interesting one to ponder. It involves changing who Brooks and Chris are. For Brooks to have stayed, he would have had to have been convinced that he was in love with Des and ready to propose. All those doubts that started to rear their head in Madiera: they would have never been in his mind. All the back-and-forth acknowledged by Des on the HTD near the lake: not even thinkable. Brooks' entire personality and approach to the process would have had to be different for him to have stayed. It would have been an entirely different show! Brooks is Brooks and it wasn't going to be a different way. If Brooks had fallen in love with Des, then maybe he would have been her F1, but I think he was never intended to be there in the end. The current FitMarketing use of Bach'ette is intriguing to say the least and may point at something larger regarding Brooks' involvement in the show.

Chris being Chris wasn't going to bail. I do think that he was going to end up F1 just given the season's storyline and the psychology of Des, Brooks, and Chris. They played on Des and Brooks' weaknesses and used them as conflict resolution.

Things do often happen for a reason. Brooks leaving was the best thing for all parties. No one lost this season.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:44 pm

ironcat wrote:Frankly, while I understand that fans want to root for and promote their favorites to the bitter end, the reality is that proving whether Brooks or Chris was Des' first choice will not make a bit of difference as far as the future of their relationship, which has obviously progressed far beyond where it was at the time of their premature proposal, as they now clearly look to be as in love as all the other Bachelor couples did, and are also intimate and living together.  And if you look at the pitiable track record of the show, it appears that being "second choice" (and by that I mean someone who the lead didn't fall madly into an infatuation with within the first week) might even increase the odds for longterm success.  After all, Jason and Molly are still going strong, as are Ash and JP, while Brad and Emily lasted for all of a lukewarm minute.

So while "love", "lust" or "infatuation" at first sight is a romantic concept, and certainly a fitting one for this franchise IN THEORY, I think IN PRACTICE, it doesn't work out very well.  Maybe that bodes well for this pairing.
Ironcat, I don't think JP was ever Ashley's second choice. I think her Bentley reaction was driven by her insecurities with process and people wanting Emily as the Bachelorette. JP was always the one.

I agree with you that Chris seems to be a better match to Des but in fairness we will never know what Brooks and Des would have been like a couple in the real world. There were plenty of us who saw real chemistry between Des and Brooks. I certainly think Des could see a future with him. Brooks obviously could not.

I have reserved anointing Chris and Des the next Jolly until I see if they are together six months from now. My gut tells they will but you never know. From what I see so far they have a good shot of making it.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:56 pm

sfrank wrote:
ironcat wrote:Frankly, while I understand that fans want to root for and promote their favorites to the bitter end, the reality is that proving whether Brooks or Chris was Des' first choice will not make a bit of difference as far as the future of their relationship, which has obviously progressed far beyond where it was at the time of their premature proposal, as they now clearly look to be as in love as all the other Bachelor couples did, and are also intimate and living together.  And if you look at the pitiable track record of the show, it appears that being "second choice" (and by that I mean someone who the lead didn't fall madly into an infatuation with within the first week) might even increase the odds for longterm success.  After all, Jason and Molly are still going strong, as are Ash and JP, while Brad and Emily lasted for all of a lukewarm minute.

Ironcat, I don't think JP was ever Ashley's second choice. I think her Bentley reaction was driven by her insecurities with process and people wanting Emily as the Bachelorette. JP was always the one.

I agree with you that Chris seems to be a better match to Des but in fairness we will never know what Brooks and Des would have been like a couple in the real world. There were plenty of us who saw real chemistry between Des and Brooks. I certainly think Des could see a future with him. Brooks obviously could not.

I have reserved anointing Chris and Des the next Jolly until I see if they are together six months from now. My gut tells they will but you never know. From what I see so far they have a good shot of making it.
I am as big a Jash fan as anybody, but Ashley was all about Bentley for about a week into filming, although she also had JP in her top 4 for sure.  Even SHE said, when giving advice to Emily prior to her season, that it was a good idea not to allow a first impression, or an immediate infatuation with one guy (ie, Bentley), close you off to giving other guys (ie, JP) a fair chance.  That's why I clarified what I meant by "second choice" (bolded).  The difference between Ashley's and Des' situation is that Ashley's first choice changed after about 8 days, while Des' changed after about 48.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41
karenap63
MMA50