SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 6 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Muslady Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Rolly wrote:sfrank, I totally agree.

Brooks was trying to help Des out knowing she would have trouble explaining moving so quickly from "I love you...you are the only one I can say that to... the conflict was when I was on dates, I wanted to be on dates with you....I just wanted to give my heart to you". Look at her face after he says he wasn't "entirely surprised"...I think he was a bit surprised after all she said the last time he saw her. JMO.

If they would have dated for a few months after the show and then gotten engaged it might be believable. She went from declaring her love to Brooks (saying all the things above and more), in fact saying she would accept his proposal to becoming engaged to Chris in less than one (1) week. I don't buy it. Brooks was being kind.
I don't think Brooks is kind.

I am so disappointed in Brooks.
If Brooks realized how upset Des was during that breakup (since he cared so much for her):bigsigh: , why would he even use her discomfort post-show as a presentation unless he was encouraged with rewards or promised a F4? It seems all his honesty in the show was a bunch of hogwash. I don’t know why he didn’t just stick it out to the end and turn her down. In light of this presentation stuff I think this may have been on the table. (Speculating)Chris H may have put a damper on that because he liked Des too much to let that happen. I think the words “true and honest” have different meanings to Brooks. He is not loyal friend; who needs enemies with friends like him. This edit must really be something. It is amazing Des was able to make something out of this with Chris, unless he was always F1. Kudos to them for keeping faith in each other through all the crap they had thrown at them.
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Travel trip time from LAX to Antigua is 7.75 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Muslady wrote:

Brooks was trying to help Des out knowing she would have trouble explaining moving so quickly from "I love you...you are the only one I can say that to... the conflict was when I was on dates, I wanted to be on dates with you....I just wanted to give my heart to you". Look at her face after he says he wasn't "entirely surprised"...I think he was a bit surprised after all she said the last time he saw her. JMO.

If they would have dated for a few months after the show and then gotten engaged it might be believable. She went from declaring her love to Brooks (saying all the things above and more), in fact saying she would accept his proposal to becoming engaged to Chris in less than one (1) week. I don't buy it. Brooks was being kind.

If Brooks realized how upset Des was during that breakup (since he cared so much for her):bigsigh: , why would he even use her discomfort post-show as a presentation unless he was encouraged with rewards or promised a F4?  It seems all his honesty in the show was a bunch of hogwash.  I don’t know why he didn’t just stick it out to the end and turn her down.  In light of this presentation stuff I think this may have been on the table.  (Speculating)Chris H may have put a damper on that because he liked Des too much to let that happen. I think the words “true and honest” have different meanings to Brooks.  He is not loyal friend; who needs enemies with friends like him.  This edit must really be something.  It is amazing Des was able to make something out of this with Chris, unless he was always F1.  Kudos to them for keeping faith in each other through all the crap they had thrown at them.
The presentation was not entitled "How to dump Des in 7 days" it was called "Inbound Marketing Lessons from the Bachelorette". It's a PAID marketing conference for professionals (Arianna Huffington was the headliner) - do people really think he got up there and talked about how he dumped her and showed her crying so they could laugh about it?! Read the comments from people that actually saw it.  Its chronicling his journey and showing parallels to the marekting world and obviously the breakup was a HUGE part of it so he showed it. His bosses were also on stage.

Des and Chris are together because Chris loves her and it fine with being her second choice. Just as long as he is her last.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Muslady wrote:

If Brooks realized how upset Des was during that breakup (since he cared so much for her):bigsigh: , why would he even use her discomfort post-show as a presentation unless he was encouraged with rewards or promised a F4?  It seems all his honesty in the show was a bunch of hogwash.  I don’t know why he didn’t just stick it out to the end and turn her down.  In light of this presentation stuff I think this may have been on the table.  (Speculating)Chris H may have put a damper on that because he liked Des too much to let that happen. I think the words “true and honest” have different meanings to Brooks.  He is not loyal friend; who needs enemies with friends like him.  This edit must really be something.  It is amazing Des was able to make something out of this with Chris, unless he was always F1.  Kudos to them for keeping faith in each other through all the crap they had thrown at them.
Excellent post Muslady.

SFrank.. what if Chris suspected what was going on? He wrote about a concealed truth. Maybe he loved Des enough not to want that ending for her on the show. Maybe he was there to the end, just like he said he would be, no matter how tough the journey ended up being. And in the end, all his confidence was correct. It seems to have worked out. I think the fact that he put his ego or pride aside and hung in there is pretty extraordinary.

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:20 pm

grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:

Excellent post Muslady.

SFrank.. what if Chris suspected what was going on? He wrote about a concealed truth. Maybe he loved Des enough not to want that ending for her on the show. Maybe he was there to the end, just like he said he would be, no matter how tough the journey ended up being. And in the end, all his confidence was correct. It seems to have worked out. I think the fact that he put his ego or pride aside and hung in there is pretty extraordinary.
I have said over and over that Chris loved Des. That's not in question. The question is did Des love Chris the way she loved Brooks (on the show) and the answer is a resounding NO in my opinion. She had feelings for Chris but not the way she loved Brooks. The girl said she couldn't love Chris (or Drew) the same way. Yes, I think Chris put his pride aside but the question is would he have still proposed if he saw what WE saw. I don't think he understood the depth of Des' feelings for Brooks.

At FRC, she briefly mentioned her feelings for Brooks to Chris but it wasn't nearly enough. If she really wanted to come clean she could have done it off camera when he could ask her questions without the pressure to propose or she could have said let's date first and not accepted his proposal until ATFR.  She was brokenhearted when Brooks left because that was her end game. Period. Chris is a man of integrity and IMO once he proposed he was not going to go back on that even if she finally told him everything (or he saw for himself). Additionally, they have had a few months post-show to cultivate their relationship so all he can do is move forward.

People want to point to Chris' confidence as though that means something. If Brooks had stayed it would not have mattered how much confidence he had. Hell, even Zak was confident! Look at how many "losers" in the shows history were confident. Jolly even said on their podcast that when you are NOT the winner TPTB give you confidence and fill the actual F1 with a lot of doubt. Remember how confident Lindsey was and how terrified Catherine was on FRC? Frankly, I think that also contributed to Brooks leaving and being surprised to hear that Des loved him. I'm sure TPTB let him think that Des had stronger feelings for the others.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:52 pm

sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:

Excellent post Muslady.

I have said over and over that Chris loved Des. That's not in question. The question is did Des love Chris the way she loved Brooks (on the show) and the answer is a resounding NO in my opinion. She had feelings for Chris but not the way she loved Brooks. The girl said she couldn't love Chris (or Drew) the same way. Yes, I think Chris put his pride aside but the question is would he have still proposed if he saw what WE saw. I don't think he understood the depth of Des' feelings for Brooks.

At FRC, she briefly mentioned her feelings for Brooks to Chris but it wasn't nearly enough. If she really wanted to come clean she could have done it off camera when he could ask her questions without the pressure to propose or she could have said let's date first and not accepted his proposal until ATFR.  She was brokenhearted when Brooks left because that was her end game. Period. Chris is a man of integrity and IMO once he proposed he was not going to go back on that even if she finally told him everything (or he saw for himself). Additionally, they have had a few months post-show to cultivate their relationship so all he can do is move forward.
She was just as far in her relationship with Chris and Drew as she was with Brooks. From what we saw on the show she was further with Chris and Drew. She said all along that she concentrated on each date by itself. I think she did exactly that and went with the flow. From what we were shown the flow was definitely with Chris. She was only flirting with Brooks, which is all Brooks ever gave her. The other was edited words and frustration over the crap she had to deal with. I think her date with Chris in Germany was game over.:Nod:  When did Chris go home that night?:winkie: 

At FRC I'm sure Chris knew exactly what she was going to say. He probably told her not to give anyone any ammunition; therefore, the less said the better, which is exactly what happened.
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:14 pm

sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:

Excellent post Muslady.

People want to point to Chris' confidence as though that means something. If Brooks had stayed it would not have mattered how much confidence he had. Hell, even Zak was confident! Look at how many "losers" in the shows history were confident. Jolly even said on their podcast that when you are NOT the winner TPTB give you confidence and fill the actual F1 with a lot of doubt. Remember how confident Lindsey was and how terrified Catherine was on FRC? Frankly, I think that also contributed to Brooks leaving and being surprised to hear that Des loved him. I'm sure TPTB let him think that Des had stronger feelings for the others.
It's an Entertainment Show and no one actually falls in love during the Show. It's a scripted Show and people are cast for various parts. On Des' Show, Brooks was cast as the type of guy that Des easily falls for. That was his roll and he was only suppose to go as far as beginning of the FD. In fact, Des got the a similiar storyline as Ali and Ashley. I'm pretty sure that Chris was cast as a potential F1 guy also with a couple of other guys (I do think that Zack was a potential F1). I also think that Drew was initially cast as the one to become that next bachelor, but something happened and Drew was "hidden" for most of the Show. And as a result, JP (who never got a 1 on 1 date with Des) became the next Bachelor. However, the true relationship starts at the FRC, and since that time, Des and Chris both fell in love and moved to the next level of their relationship (Des moved to Seattle).
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 pm

2observe wrote:
sfrank wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Muslady wrote:

Excellent post Muslady.

It's an Entertainment Show and no one actually falls in love during the Show.  It's a scripted Show and people are cast for various parts.  On Des' Show, Brooks was cast as the type of guy that Des easily falls for.  That was his roll and he was only suppose to go as far as beginning of the FD.  In fact, Des got the a similiar storyline as Ali and Ashley.  I'm pretty sure that Chris was cast as a potential F1 guy also with a couple of other guys (I do think that Zack was a potential F1).  I also think that Drew was initially cast as the one to become that next bachelor, but something happened and Drew was "hidden" for most of the Show.  And as a result, JP (who never got a 1 on 1 date with Des) became the next Bachelor.  However, the true relationship starts at the FRC, and since that time, Des and Chris both fell in love and moved to the next level of their relationship (Des moved to Seattle).  

:yes: :yes: :yes: Hugesmile 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy61 Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Okay, I tried so hard not to come here anymore but when I took a peek today and read what's been going on I couldn't help myself. This is going to be long and I apologize for that. Please don’t immediately jump down my throat, I'm just asking you to think about what I’m about to say.

Why is everyone still, after almost 3 weeks trying to convince each other that their opinion it the right one? You don’t like Chris’ poems, great, don’t buy his book. You still believe Chris was Des’ second choice, fine but why come to the Chris thread and try to discuss any of that? You know it's only going to cause a backlash. Chris fans don’t want to read that over and over.

So you think Brooks was being tacky about what was or wasn't shown at his promotional event, my question is…so what??? You feel that Brooks should have said something about the lack of feelings for Des earlier, fine. I just get the feeling anymore that unless someone is stirring the pot (as it's been put) that very few of you are happy. Again, Brooks fans don’t want to read that someone thinks he isn’t what they see him as.

If you are on any of Chris' threads then why not stick to what Chris and/or Des are up to or did on the show. If you're on the Brooks threads then stick to talking about Brooks. Yes, I do see a lot of bashing (even if that isn’t what you call it) of the other players and it saddens me that there are really people out there like this. Sometimes restraint is a better way to approach life, I don’t remember anything in the rules of this board that says you are required to write a response to every post. If something makes you angry then scream at your monitor, if you think it’s ridiculous then roll your eyes and move on. Why do some still feel the need to make a negative comment about anyone associated with this show that wasn’t their fav or make a snide comment about the pictures shown here from either side?

There will never, ever be a consensus as to what each person believes so why even try to convince others that your opinion is the only one that is right. Why do some of you insist on visiting an opposite (for lack of a better word) thread to just bring up what your opinion still is? We all know what you think; you’ve said it over and over. It's a TV show, it's mostly fake, it's for entertainment, and its sole purpose is to make someone else lots of money. What’s sad to me is I see some that feel this TV show is real life and maybe even wishing it was their life.

If you truly believe that the important thing is that Chris and Des are a perfect match now and wish them only the best then why must you write all of the things you’ve been saying for weeks now before you wish them well?

I’ve said it many times… none of us were there, we don’t know these people, there is no way to know what someone is feeling or what is in their heart and I will never pretend to know any of this. You saw what you saw, I saw what I saw and as a Brooks fan I didn't see what most Brooks fans did. I totally understand that this is a board/forum to discuss things about the show and what these people are doing now but that’s not what I just read for over an hour. What I did read were people still attempting to convince others that their way of thinking is the only way and still getting a dig in where ever they can. IMO this board has become a sad place to visit.

Mandy61

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm

This is a discussion thread. It's also a commentary on what is going on in the world with these participants. I would not know anything about their lives (not that really matters however) if I didn't come to this thread because I'm a horrible sleuther. I don't know why I've been so chatty of late but this presentation issue was cruel and bothered me. Venting I guess, like you are Mandy. I'll shut up soon because life will interfere in the next few days.lol
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:51 pm

If you are someone that actually believes Des' date with Chris in Germany was "game over" we were clearly watching different shows.  

Mandy61...great post.

Last edited by Rolly on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word correction)
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:29 am

I enjoy this board and this thread and do not think it is sad. Happy to come here and discuss Chris and Des! ;) I have a feeling there will be a lot of discussion of Des and Chris in the coming months! ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41