SELECT CONTENT

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Page 73 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 pm

bluejay8 wrote:Hey, let's not forget the foe feature we can use here, although I think you can still see that post if it's quoted.  I know I've used it on and off.   :yes:   Hugesmile

The problem with that feature is that it results in people posting and never being responded to, even when they are posting quite nicely, and eventually realizing that they are, in reality, being officially shunned. Which would make sense if it was used only on trolls or people knowing they are making trouble. But instead of being used to block out someone you truly cannot get along with for reasons outside of your control, it ends up being used to reinforce a clique of favorites. For that reason, I've come to really dislike that feature. I would rather see if there is a way to work things out.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 pm

changed my mind.  edited:

Just ...

I think that while everyone has a right to their opinion, kindness requires us to at least care how our words make others feel.

I WANT to know when I've hurt someone.  I assume that others want the same.

Last edited by dw_a_mom on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm

I just want to state that my "lecture" about people not posting was never meant to be about anyone in particular leaving the board. Heaven forbid, I would never deliberately hurt anyone of my Seancat family members on purpose. i guess i was just scolding a "lets just get along lecture" and if it felt directed at any one persons feelings about temporarily leaving I apologize completely, but that was NEVER my intent.
Guys lets just banter back and forth and get along. I love you all and that's all this old old cat has to say.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Karen5354 wrote:SeanCat are not perfect, far from it, but they're genuine, never rude or ungrateful or mean, and that's how they win people over, IMO.  

For me, their little mistakes are part of what makes them so real, likeable, and relatable. They don't claim to be perfect. They are two people on a journey to make the best lives they can, who happen to be willing to let us see a whole lot of that journey, even the occasional stumble. And they look dang adorable and handsome doing it.

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:25 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
Karen5354 wrote:SeanCat are not perfect, far from it, but they're genuine, never rude or ungrateful or mean, and that's how they win people over, IMO.  

For me, their little mistakes are part of what makes them so real, likeable, and relatable.  They don't claim to be perfect.  They are two people on a journey to make the best lives they can, who happen to be willing to let us see a whole lot of that journey, even the occasional stumble.  And they look dang adorable and handsome doing it.  

You know I never said Sean and Catherine are perfect, that is far from it. I never put them on any pedestal at all. I just said the reason why some people do not like them is because of the Christ in them. The only perfect person who ever walk on earth is Jesus. I also believe that we should not just say bad things to people just because we do not believe what they believe. Also the favor of God is not limited to Sean and Catherine but since this is the thread of Sean and Catherine I was just talking about what I really believe and have seen in them. Being a Christian does not mean we have arrived, we fall down but we get up. I am sorry for offending many people who do not share my beliefs but I am happy that a number of people honestly feels the same with me. Just to set the record straight, I love what Sean and Catherine represent and I believe they are man and woman of integrity. I also know that some of you do not agree and I respect that as much I respect my opinion. I just want everyone to know that I never said Sean and Catherine are above anyone and I am not above anyone too but one thing I know is we keep on pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 pm

^^^^  :Smiley: 

dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppycorn Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:22 pm

umngirl wrote:
blessed66 wrote:
Poppycorn wrote:
blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  People do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their lives instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

blessed66, I do not want to upset you but frankly, reading this has offended me.  I know your faith is strong and I respect that, but please be careful when writing certain things as non-Christians can be offended by your comments.  You make it sound like non-Christians are living in darkness.  I am Buddhist and I lead a good life.  I certainly am not living in darkness.  Your comments sometimes make yourselves sound superior to others.  I highly doubt that people do not like Sean and Catherine because they have the "favor of God with them."  

Maybe you should put comments like these in the Christianity thread.  I hope I don't upset you but it just sounds like you feel Christians are better people and I just find these type of comments superior, judgmental and hurtful.

You have the right to talk about your faith but please don't make it sound like you are looking down on others.  I have heard Sean speak of his faith often and he never sounds like he is judging anyone or looking down on them and that is why I respect him.  Please do the same.

I am free to write my thoughts just like everyone.  I did not direct this to anyone.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it's offensive to many.

And this is why I'm not a huge fan of bringing up religious topics and making religious statements on this board. There are too many people with different opinions and I'd hate to offend them.

Frankly, my vacation as been very enlightening as I've had lots of time to think and reflect. First off, I need to apologize to those I've offended in the past and those who feel I've targeted them in any way. I know I can be a lot to take and that I favor some on here when it comes to communicating with them. I don't mean to exclude others or make them feel unwelcome. That was never my intention. Clearly, some have felt my "wrath" and have made attacks back at me which I've deserved and have taken in stride. I hope I don't do that in the future, but if I do, please call me out on it in a PM. I'd rather hash things out than deal with drama all the time in these threads.

And speaking of drama, I know I've been the cause of some of it around here. But I've become increasingly more aware lately that some on here are very, very critical of others opinions, continuously putting SeanCat on an unreachable pedestal, make insulting comments, needlessly attacking others, making others feel uncomfortable, and being hostile to others. That's never what this place was to be. But unfortunately, some have made it that way, myself included. I think it might be time for me to take a break from here for awhile. Maybe the rest of my vacation will be a change of heart, maybe not. In the meantime, those who know me know how to reach me. Adios peeps.

umngirl,  I have gained a great deal of respect for you for writing this.  To apologize to anyone you might have offended  shows integrity.

I am really glad we can all have an open discussion and people are coming out of lurkdom to express their opinions.  blessed66, I would never want you to suppress your opinions.  I just want everyone to be a bit more mindful of people's feelings, remembering what a diverse group we all are.  No one is better than another.  We are all equal.  Just as Catherine's family is very diverse, with her father being Buddhist and who knows what her relatives are, I'm sure Sean is always mindful and respectful of that.  Our board is the same, very diverse so we have to be considerate of not offending others.  I am not saying to keep your opinions to yourself, but just to be more considerate.

I am happy to see some Christian members were offended also. I used to hold back as I thought most of the members were Christian so I remained quiet. But since all opinions are welcomed, I will speak my mind. I am very glad some Christian members understood why it was hurtful.

Poppycorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppycorn Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:

For me, their little mistakes are part of what makes them so real, likeable, and relatable.  They don't claim to be perfect.  They are two people on a journey to make the best lives they can, who happen to be willing to let us see a whole lot of that journey, even the occasional stumble.  And they look dang adorable and handsome doing it.  

Ha ha I have to agree with you on that one! People should not put them on a pedestal. Everyone says they do not put them on a pedestal, but their comments sound like they put them on a pedestal. I sometimes cringe at comments they make and know they're only human, but you're right ....... they're just so dang adorable and handsome! How could you not ALMOST put them on a pedestal?! lol

Poppycorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 pm

I've had a few lurkers PM me today, and it's amazing how many people are reading this board that you don't even realize. I just received the most detailed, thoughtful PM from a lurker, who I don't believe has ever posted on the board, but it was just such a sincere, generous, wonderful PM from someone who made me feel so much better about my contribution to the board. I think sometimes we forget, I know I do as well, how many people are reading these posts, that are not saying a word. I just wanted to thank that person who PM'd me, without naming them, because their PM really left an impact on me, and meant a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm

How to even approach this subject?.....  Rolling Eyes  no idea 

Frankly, I think I am simply not going to approach it at all. Heck, I've posted so many of my $0.02-thoughts that I've run out of money...  hmmm 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I only wish for one single thing. Please, let's not generalize. We are an incredibly diverse group of people, being put in a box may be perhaps easier when it comes to judging us, but it is still far from the truth. By labeling people and putting them in a box, one is only going to generate conflict.(see: before) 'COUSE heck, how the freak am I supposed to know which box, YOU put me in.  scratch  :study: 

Just because something is posted in the "fan" section, it doesn't mean that it is universally supported by every other fan here. We all have our own takes on things. I personally am somebody whose opinion quite often differs from that of the others here, yet I don't have a problem bringing it up. I don't feel that my opinion is less important or less validated when it isn't necessary shared by a bunch of other people. However, I am also aware of the fact that some people may have a difficult time when it comes to handling "conflicts". We are a BIG bunch of commentators and even bigger bunch of READERS. Let's keep that in mind.

As for "lurkers".... We have OVER 11 THOUSAND members on this forum, and only about 150 regular posters, that sums it up I think. Smiley

So, you follow this section of the forum because you are a GENUINE fan and supporter of the couple that is brought to us by the union of Mr. and Mrs. Lowe, that's given, I mean why would you waste your precious time on a couple that you don't even like?  Suspect  :whistle:
(sure I am basing this on the assumption that you are not of those sad, sad people who rather "hate" on those they dislike instead of supporting those who they actually like)(Or one of those REALLY, REALLY sad people who only get off on "hating" and aren't generally a fan of anything.) console  :whistle: 

So, somebody makes a comment that does not sit well with you.
Then come here, addresses THAT person and make your displeasure known about THAT comment! Simply is that. Be respectful and I can ASSURE you that your won't have a problem.

Same goes if there is something that Sean and/or Catherine say/do that you don't agree with.
Be respectful, be on point and bring up your concern!

Simply as that.

It happens.
Neither of us is perfect.
"Us" includes Sean and Catherine.

Again, chances are that not everybody is going to agree with your take on certain things, but If your concern/opinion stems from an honest place, you'll be heard, your opinion accepted and heck chances are that somebody is going to agree with you. (example: see Carey at the wedding, my take was drastically different than that of the others here. So what? I still didn't shy away from bringing it up and to this day I am still of the opinion that I've been back then)

As for FAN VS NON-FAN threads....

WHY should I fault somebody for being more comfortable in an environment where things are MOSTLY seen from a positive perspective;
in an environment where they don't feel like they have to defend EVERY SINGLE of their opinions;
an environment that is shared by likely minded people?

Interestingly enough, the people who oppose the fan sections are mostly those who don't really care for any of these couples.
So it makes me wonder.... Why does it even matter to you what and where people say about that couple/person? Is it the lack of "arguments" that you can engage in?  no idea 

ALSO:

It came up somewhere that NON-Fans are "entitled" to come here and express their negative opinion of SC.....
Yes this is a "general" thread, but it is still part if the "Sean & Catherine Lowe - Fan Forum - Discussion" section, it was created for fans and supporters to chat about general topics/things. So yeah, constructive/negative comments of actual FANS and SUPPORTERS are VERY welcomed here, but those who passionately DISLIKE this couple and THUS interpret everything they do and say so that it fits THEIR ALREADY ESTABLISHED (negative) opinion of them, are kinda out of place here.....
Nobody here is allowed to tell another member to "go post somewhere else, so I won't do that. All I am saying is that the GENERAL NON_FAN DISCUSSION thread for SEASON 17(Sean's season) is further below. There IS such a general discussion thread. The thread THIS whole fan section actually comes from.

again, NO, I am not saying that you are not allowed to have a negative opinion in the "fan" section.(see above)

My LAST input, if you are a regular Internet user it pays off to have a thick skin..  :Smiley: 

bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud! 

Soooooooo.....

Since I already mentioned at the beginning of my comment (you know when I said that I won't comment..  :shy:  cheeky ) that I've run out of $0.02s, so this is my $0.01.
Take it for what its worth.

bestbud! bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!

---->>back to making contestant threads:)

Last edited by chloep on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 pm; edited 15 times in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Great post chloep!!yes 

And I'm one of those people who need to be more thick skinned, I'm way too sensitive and emotional for the internet, I'll be the first to admit that!! 

Last edited by iloveromance on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetfreedom Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 pm

^^ Chloep, very much agreed. I feel you summed everything up quite well. Thanks for your 2 cents!
sweetfreedom
sweetfreedom

Female Posts : 2190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

+61
lipsis
jaromarie
Cari
Rolly
yrkiemommy