SELECT CONTENT

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Page 72 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 72 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 pm

smartcat wrote:I don't get it guys so someone explain. This is a general discussion thread and that's what happens here. If you have a diverse opinion you are always welcome to state it. You're also welcome to defend your opinion if you feel it necessary with facts or your emotions about what you posted. I don't understand what "if you disagree with the 4 or 5 most regular posters you're toast" means.
Haven't we said enough over and over and over again about welcoming different opinions in general discussion.
I really believe EVERYONE is welcome here But if you have an opinion that is not a popular one for the thing you're posting about you have to be thick skinned and believe in yourself to come here.
You can't back peddle and say, you don't like me I'm going to pick up my toys and leave.
Hopefully we're all adults.

What am I doing here? I'm a senior, non Christian fan of Sean and Catherine who loves to get involved with diverse people and banter opinions back at forth.
I'm here because i love this discussion forum and the friends I've made here if we agree or not.
It's part of open debate, with mature grown up people of different backgrounds and opinions. Stand up for what you believe and don't feel threatened it isn't meant to be like that!

I know this post wasn't directed at me, but that comment felt personal, and it's disappointing coming from you smartcat. And see, I really fought with myself to come back.

Maybe what you don't understand, and what others find frustrating, is that some people have very in your face type of posts. I'm going to ignore posts like that from now on, because it's brought me nothing but trouble and I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. But I definitely without a doubt, one hundred percent, can see why a LOT of people don't feel welcome here.

All that being said, I'm glad to be back. But I'm really disappointed in what you posted in that bolded sentence smartcat.

Back to top Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 72 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Poppycorn wrote: I have heard Sean speak of his faith often and he never sounds like he is judging anyone or looking down on them and that is why I respect him.  Please do the same.

Good Post Exactly!!! I couldn't agree with you more!

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:59 pm

smartcat wrote:I don't get it guys so someone explain. This is a general discussion thread and that's what happens here. If you have a diverse opinion you are always welcome to state it. You're also welcome to defend your opinion if you feel it necessary with facts or your emotions about what you posted. I don't understand what "if you disagree with the 4 or 5 most regular posters you're toast" means.
Haven't we said enough over and over and over again about welcoming different opinions in general discussion.
I really believe EVERYONE is welcome here But if you have an opinion that is not a popular one for the thing you're posting about you have to be thick skinned and believe in yourself to come here.
You can't back peddle and say, you don't like me I'm going to pick up my toys and leave.
Hopefully we're all adults.
What am I doing here? I'm a senior, non Christian fan of Sean and Catherine who loves to get involved with diverse people and banter opinions back at forth.
I'm here because i love this discussion forum and the friends I've made here if we agree or not.
It's part of open debate, with mature grown up people of different backgrounds and opinions. Stand up for what you believe and don't feel threatened it isn't meant to be like that!
Since you asked and state that everyone is welcome here, I'll explain.  I've stated factually that Sean has appeared on multiple reality tv shows plus his televised wedding show and been bashed by the SeanCat elite posters.  They even follow me to other threads to continue their rants.  

I stated factually that SeanCat are compensated to tweet for various companies and this is not only complained about where I post, but is then posted about in other threads as well.  Not replying isn't about me picking up my toys & leaving, it's about not dignifying poor posting behavior with a response.  I don't feel threatened by fans that are a wee bit over zealous in their "support" of reality stars they feel they "know".  I simply choose not to participate in the "fan wars" we see here every season. The Jeff vs Arie / Emily vs Chantal / fan wars are appalling.

I find proclamations about God only favoring SeanCat especially offensive and troubling.  Members that hold different religious beliefs - or no beliefs - are hurt or at best, feel uncomfortable.  As a Christian, I'm troubled because I believe that all are His children and are equal in His eyes.  I'll say no more so as not to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 pm

I wasn't going to post anything, but decided to give my $0.02 anyway.

I used to post quite frequently when I first signed up here after Ashley's season. It was a fun place to be and I felt a true camaraderie here. Then I posted what might have been deemed as an "unpopular" opinion, or at least one that didn't follow the majority on another thread and that was that. Cue curtain for people caring what I posted from there on out. So I went into lurk mode and have pretty much stayed there ever since. I have come out of lurkdom on occasion, but as has become the norm, they are either ignored or get lost in the shuffle from the the following posts.

As for this particular section of the board, yes, it has been claimed that all opinions are welcome. So why is it that after all the discussions and arguments that we've had, they are not? I feel like this board has become almost a hierarchy of acceptable opinions. If your name is not so and so, your opinions are null and void and you are permanently stuck on the bottom of the pyramid. Your posts are only lauded and applauded if you go with the set majority and keep everything like sunshine and rainbows. Should you dare to critique something, then you get the cold shoulder most of the time, or you're being bombarded with posts undermining your opinion.

I came to this board a fan of Ashley & JP. The love fest continued with Sean & Catherine. I enjoyed being a part of this board. I don't anymore. I am still a fan, even though I may disagree with what they say sometimes. I am just not a fan of the bickering and sideeyeing that goes on here if people dare say something with a negative connotation. They are people. We don't have to put them on a pedestal so high that they're unreachable to negative opinions. People can still critique their actions without losing their fascination with them or stop being a fan.

Last edited by MissLittle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 pm

FLChica wrote:I find proclamations about God only favoring SeanCat especially offensive and troubling.  Members that hold different religious beliefs - or no beliefs - are hurt or at best, feel uncomfortable.  As a Christian, I'm troubled because I believe that all are His children and are equal in His eyes.  I'll say no more so as not to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I agree. I'm Christian, and I am offended by those kind of posts as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 pm

Poppycorn wrote:
blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  People do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their lives instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

blessed66, I do not want to upset you but frankly, reading this has offended me.  I know your faith is strong and I respect that, but please be careful when writing certain things as non-Christians can be offended by your comments.  You make it sound like non-Christians are living in darkness.  I am Buddhist and I lead a good life.  I certainly am not living in darkness.  Your comments sometimes make yourselves sound superior to others.  I highly doubt that people do not like Sean and Catherine because they have the "favor of God with them."  

Maybe you should put comments like these in the Christianity thread.  I hope I don't upset you but it just sounds like you feel Christians are better people and I just find these type of comments superior, judgmental and hurtful.

You have the right to talk about your faith but please don't make it sound like you are looking down on others.  I have heard Sean speak of his faith often and he never sounds like he is judging anyone or looking down on them and that is why I respect him.  Please do the same.

I am free to write my thoughts just like everyone.  I did not direct this to anyone and I will never look down on anyone. I did not judge anyone but I just said I like what they represent.

Last edited by blessed66 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 pm

MissLittle wrote: I am just not a fan of the bickering and sideeyeing that goes on here if people dare say something with a negative connotation. They are people. We don't have to put them on a pedestal so high that they're unreachable to negative opinions. People can still critique their actions without losing their fascination with them or stop being a fan.

Great post, all of it. But this part, I especially agree with. Sean and Catherine are human and will do or say things to disappoint us or confuse us, or whatever. It's okay to express that, it doesn't make someone less of a fan. And I really think everyone should be more accepting if someone expresses a negative opinion, because this is a fan thread. It's not about bashing here. And we can all talk things out and maybe that person will see something in a better light, or maybe they won't. It's all about communicating and being kind. I think if everyone answered posts in a kind and respectful manner, then we wouldn't have any problems on this board.

And I can't believe I just came back and it feels like it's the same old thing all over again. It doesn't have to be like this everyone. Let's treat each other with kindness and the friendship we keep touting on this fan site.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:29 pm

blessed66 wrote:
Poppycorn wrote:
blessed66 wrote:You see the reason why people do not like Sean and Catherine is very clear, Sean and Catherine have the favor of God with them and when you look at them you can truly see the anointing of God on them.  People do not like the Glory they represent because it clearly show the darkness in other people's lives.  It is a shame that instead of copying what is good people like to stay in their darkness.  I just wish people can stop and look at their lives instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with their behavior.  I love Sean and Catherine because together they really shine bright.  Sean and Catherine are great people of integrity.

blessed66, I do not want to upset you but frankly, reading this has offended me.  I know your faith is strong and I respect that, but please be careful when writing certain things as non-Christians can be offended by your comments.  You make it sound like non-Christians are living in darkness.  I am Buddhist and I lead a good life.  I certainly am not living in darkness.  Your comments sometimes make yourselves sound superior to others.  I highly doubt that people do not like Sean and Catherine because they have the "favor of God with them."  

Maybe you should put comments like these in the Christianity thread.  I hope I don't upset you but it just sounds like you feel Christians are better people and I just find these type of comments superior, judgmental and hurtful.

You have the right to talk about your faith but please don't make it sound like you are looking down on others.  I have heard Sean speak of his faith often and he never sounds like he is judging anyone or looking down on them and that is why I respect him.  Please do the same.

I am free to write my thoughts just like everyone.  I did not direct this to anyone.

It doesn't matter that it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it's offensive to many.

And this is why I'm not a huge fan of bringing up religious topics and making religious statements on this board. There are too many people with different opinions and I'd hate to offend them.

Frankly, my vacation as been very enlightening as I've had lots of time to think and reflect. First off, I need to apologize to those I've offended in the past and those who feel I've targeted them in any way. I know I can be a lot to take and that I favor some on here when it comes to communicating with them. I don't mean to exclude others or make them feel unwelcome. That was never my intention. Clearly, some have felt my "wrath" and have made attacks back at me which I've deserved and have taken in stride. I hope I don't do that in the future, but if I do, please call me out on it in a PM. I'd rather hash things out than deal with drama all the time in these threads.

And speaking of drama, I know I've been the cause of some of it around here. But I've become increasingly more aware lately that some on here are very, very critical of others opinions, continuously putting SeanCat on an unreachable pedestal, make insulting comments, needlessly attacking others, making others feel uncomfortable, and being hostile to others. That's never what this place was to be. But unfortunately, some have made it that way, myself included. I think it might be time for me to take a break from here for awhile. Maybe the rest of my vacation will be a change of heart, maybe not. In the meantime, those who know me know how to reach me. Adios peeps.

Last edited by umngirl on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay8 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Hey, let's not forget the foe feature we can use here, although I think you can still see that post if it's quoted.  I know I've used it on and off.   :yes:   Hugesmile

bluejay8

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Well guys you have just proved my point by having a very respectful discussion with a whole lot of differences of opinion and poster sticking to their guns without sticking it to anyone else. The religion discussions can have an outlet in the religion thread if you feel so inclined, But you all just did what this was intended for, conversed with each other about differences.
Discussion thread...........
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen5354 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Just a lurker's 2 cents here. I believe in kindness and respect, compassion and love, and as a Christian myself, I don't believe the in-your-face, shove-down-your-throat approach to express your faith. Forget about religion, how about take a lesson from the fable "The North Wind and the Sun"? SeanCat are not perfect, far from it, but they're genuine, never rude or ungrateful or mean, and that's how they win people over, IMO.

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Sorry for two posts in a row but I really forgot to agree that Sean and Catherine Lowe DO NOT BELONG ON A PESTLE and putting them in that in human category is a huge mistake. If we think they are perfect or our own kids and Grands are perfect
That's trouble. When I don't agree with them I'll say it just as I would in"real life" say it. I know I will although I am an eternal optimist so the will always be rainbows!
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 75 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

+61
lipsis
jaromarie
Cari
Rolly
yrkiemommy