SELECT CONTENT

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 Empty Re: Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by Maggenzm Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:53 am

Max64 wrote:Since the wedding is in California, I bet they were going to televise it but ABC/ TP backed out.  I wouldn't doubt the franchise is paying for the wedding and are still going to record it and they'll use it at their convenience. Kind of stinks for Des and Chris, when they've aired every other wedding...rather anit-climatic.  But as long as they're happy, that's what matters... and hopefully they won't have the debt of a wedding.

I beg to differ, I think they are very much involved and will televise like they did with Jas/Moll and JP/Ash, not live, we shall see in October or November...
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 Empty Re: Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:12 am

Hopefully the franchise is paying-- it really costs them little to no $$.
TF(the franchise) gets most of the wedding vendors and services in trade for advertisement---in other words the florist will mark down/gift cost in exchange for free televised ads and credit via the show.
The televised show can always be used when there is a blank no win time slot available on the ABC schedule.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:28 am

Maggenzm wrote:
Max64 wrote:Since the wedding is in California, I bet they were going to televise it but ABC/ TP backed out.  I wouldn't doubt the franchise is paying for the wedding and are still going to record it and they'll use it at their convenience. Kind of stinks for Des and Chris, when they've aired every other wedding...rather anit-climatic.  But as long as they're happy, that's what matters... and hopefully they won't have the debt of a wedding.

I beg to differ, I think they are very much involved and will televise like they did with Jas/Moll and JP/Ash, not live,  we shall see in October or November...

I really do hope they televise it and pay for it! It only seems fair that they would having done so for all the other couples, I mean why wouldn't you want to celebrate a success! I'm just surprised that Des is even talking about it since it hasn't been announced yet, have we ever had any other couples do this?

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:59 am

^No. They have talked more about wedding details than any of the previous couples combined. They all waited til after announcements were made before talking about it. SeanCat knew when theirs would be and had already decided other details for around a month before they made the announcement but they couldn't talk about it because TPTB wanted to save the excitement for post announcement and the wedding special.

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 87b72b10 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 86669110 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:25 pm

I just find it interesting that while yes, they've talked about their wedding, they haven't gotten into many specific details either. We know it's in California and we know it's in January. I just feel like if they knew with 100% certainty that it wasn't going to be televised by ABC or someone else for that matter, that they would say the date and give more details, but maybe that's just me. I'm not saying that I absolutely think it will be televised, but I do find it interesting that while they're talking about it, they're not being too specific either. It's already the middle of September basically. If it is in January, that's really only about 4 months away. If they didn't have any ties to anything, I just thought they'd be more free flowing with information and in my opinion, they're not.

For me, Des and Chris are my favorite couple to come out of this franchise. From night one it was obvious Chris was a sweetheart and was genuine. Even with the spoiler out there, Des and Chris just seemed to match. Other than this past bachelorette season for me, Des and Chris are the only other couple that made sense to me while watching the show. I would love for their wedding to be televised for selfish reasons as I'm sure it would be beautiful if their proposal was any indication, but a wedding can be gorgeous without being televised.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:46 pm

I can see both sides of the coin..... Yeah, they might not be giving out details but they are talking about it enough that it seems like TPTB aren't involved even though I am not a fan per-say, I will watch any wedding to come out of this franchise.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:02 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I just find it interesting that while yes, they've talked about their wedding, they haven't gotten into many specific details either. We know it's in California and we know it's in January. I just feel like if they knew with 100% certainty that it wasn't going to be televised by ABC or someone else for that matter, that they would say the date and give more details, but maybe that's just me. I'm not saying that I absolutely think it will be televised, but I do find it interesting that while they're talking about it, they're not being too specific either. It's already the middle of September basically. If it is in January, that's really only about 4 months away. If they didn't have any ties to anything, I just thought they'd be more free flowing with information and in my opinion, they're not.

If it is potentially being filmed for another network or for a magazine spread (both with ABC's approval of course) then they wouldn't be spilling exact details. Those who follow them more closely in these threads probably know quite a bit about what they will have beyond the location and month. It's also very possible they will make a formal announcement once STD's are sent because otherwise it will get leaked somehow. Just remember just because the date and location hasn't been formally announced doesn't mean wedding planning isn't in full swing.

They have just talked way too much about the details for an ABC announcement to be coming. JMO

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 87b72b10 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 86669110 Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion  - Page 31 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I just find it interesting that while yes, they've talked about their wedding, they haven't gotten into many specific details either. We know it's in California and we know it's in January. I just feel like if they knew with 100% certainty that it wasn't going to be televised by ABC or someone else for that matter, that they would say the date and give more details, but maybe that's just me. I'm not saying that I absolutely think it will be televised, but I do find it interesting that while they're talking about it, they're not being too specific either. It's already the middle of September basically. If it is in January, that's really only about 4 months away. If they didn't have any ties to anything, I just thought they'd be more free flowing with information and in my opinion, they're not.

For me, Des and Chris are my favorite couple to come out of this franchise. From night one it was obvious Chris was a sweetheart and was genuine. Even with the spoiler out there, Des and Chris just seemed to match. Other than this past bachelorette season for me, Des and Chris are the only other couple that made sense to me while watching the show. I would love for their wedding to be televised for selfish reasons as I'm sure it would be beautiful if their proposal was any indication, but a wedding can be gorgeous without being televised.

Good Post I agree with you Ash. So, we just have to wait and see. I think we will know next month or November. :fingersarecrossed
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:21 pm

^ Well, you basically stated what I was saying. There could be various reasons as to why Des and Chris haven't given exact information about the wedding. They could be doing a magazine spread. They could have it video recorded and presented at some point during a season. It could be televised by another network. There are many different possibilities. There has been a lot talked about here how they're definitely not having a televised wedding because they've talked too much about it. From what I gather, the only real solidified details that I have seen from reading this thread fairly often is that it will be in California in January and she's designing two dresses. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm speaking about details straight from the mouth of Des and Chris. For quite a while both of them said they didn't have a date, but were getting married. Let's also not forget that Des is in the bridal industry and she faces questions in regards to her wedding often, the other couples did not.

I remember people also assumed because Des had a bridal shower that was made public meant yet again it was not going to be televised, but I remember Sean and Catherine had an engagement party that for me at least pretty much meant a wedding was coming fairly soon.

I'm one that believes ABC won't be televising the wedding. I do think it's silly though to shut down fans in this thread that are hoping for a televised wedding, by stating because they have talked too much about it then they aren't having one. Like I said, I don't think it will be televised, but I thought I would post about how there are many different options that could work for their wedding and maybe that's perhaps why Des and Chris are talking about it, but not giving exact details. I guess for me, especially for their fans that post in this thread and their fan thread often, I think it would be nice for them to have some thoughts about the different options and hey, they're still more than 4 months away from their January wedding. Who knows, maybe ABC will end up doing it. A lot of possibilities in my opinion, of course.

But like I said, Des and Chris can have a wonderful wedding without it being televised.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:30 pm

^I've never said they weren't having a televised wedding for sure. I have said I don't believe they are getting a ABC wedding because too much has been made public for that.

SeanCat had an engagement party thrown by Seattle family and friends within 10 days of the wedding date announcement. That was because they weren't going to Seattle again before the wedding. All their other showers/parties were after the announcement. And typically an engagement party doesn't happen that close to the wedding but they hadn't been in Seattle any sooner.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Things can change. I don't see why it's not possible for ABC to have their wedding. They like to change things up once in a while so you never know. At least Des & Chris are a sure thing. It's too soon to say with the newest couples.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:09 pm

umngirl wrote:^I've never said they weren't having a televised wedding for sure. I have said I don't believe they are getting a ABC wedding because too much has been made public for that.

SeanCat had an engagement party thrown by Seattle family and friends within 10 days of the wedding date announcement. That was because they weren't going to Seattle again before the wedding. All their other showers/parties were after the announcement. And typically an engagement party doesn't happen that close to the wedding but they hadn't been in Seattle any sooner.

Why don't we just wait and see! We will know soon enough.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des and Chris - *Fan Forum* - WEDDING THREAD #1- Fan Forum - Discussion

+46
luvlady345
Ash2214
Norcalgal
Burdette
Litta123