SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 39 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 am

I don't know if it is actually dislike.
When TPTB throw out a name generally liked, it naturally pits one person against another.
I personally think RE was never under consideration but a ruse to keep the discussion of Bachelor 19 out there. RE is very popular, so pitting one popular cast against another, who got little face time during a season with poor ratings was not a good plan, IMO.
Then the same cast who is chosen has several "unwow" factors-again JMO. So that turns viewers off before filming has ever started.
Then said future TB has already had a couple chinks in armor exposed prior to season starting. It will be a field day seeing what actually comes forward, I believe a lot will. JMO, again.
I kind of feel sorry for the poor lout. He does not need this franchise. So that really removes my "kind of feel sorry", to he is embracing this whatever comes--was has asked for it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Trueloveforever Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 am

Next Bach is announced tomorrow morning on GMA.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends."
Trueloveforever
Trueloveforever

Female Posts : 3064

https://www.youtube.com/truelove4every1

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 am

JBF wrote:I don't quite understand why so many dislike Chris here. Arie is extremely likeable but we can't determine if he could "carry" a season any better than Chris. Both are equally capable of becoming Boring PI Sessions About Hoping To Find The Love Of My Life.

Right there with you JBF!! I find Chris very attractive (but I like more of a manly look, to each their own). I don't see him as boring at all. I'm sure that, just like with Sean, there is a whole lot more personality that the editors hid last season. I remember that when they announced Sean as TB there were a lot of people who were saying the same things about him.

Can't wait for Chris!!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:10 am

Fleiss just tweeted:

Mike Fleiss ‏@fleissmeister 1m
About to announce who the new Bachelor will be...

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:11 am

The only shock will be if it isn't Chris.

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:14 am

Sprite wrote:
mtnlvr55 wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I thought the tweet was a dig to Chris.

:yes::yes:Seems that way to me. The "Peace out" symbol at the end is also saying he's fed up and not at all happy that he was not chosen. I don't see any graciousness in his tweet at all.    :sourgrapes: Just my opinion.

I have always liked Arie and would not have been at all unhappy if he had been picked...even though I seriously doubted he was in the cards...however, that had a slightly bitter quality to it. No doubt he really wanted the lead...why, I don't know seeing as he has been around long enough to see WTH they do to people and it's not like he didn't have the possibility of stuff coming out of his closet...but, spilling the beans seemed to be his way of telling off the producers and saying you won't have me to kick around any more and the farm thing seemed to be a dig at Chris, as if saying you could have had me and instead you're just getting a farmer. Not cool in my book. Chris has nothing to do with this and I am just as happy with him as the lead.

If Arie is seriously a changed man and wants his own happily ever after, I'm sure that he will have no shortage of women lining up for the gig...this just makes me wonder if that is really what he wants. Why is being the Bachelor so important to him? Men have been getting married for millennia without being the Bachelor and I'm sure he could manage it all on his own.

thumbsup

I also agree that this is all very reminiscent of the early reaction to Sean being announced as the next lead (ironically, another season where Arie was passed over in favor of the more "white bread" choice). I think people here are underestimating the popularity of a "hot rich farmer" in the rest of the country.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:19 pm

I'm not feeling Chris but I agree that he is a very appealing candidate to middle America. Oh well. I probably need to detox from my Jodi obsession anyway after this season. Maybe they will bring them on for advice in the beginning though, I'd be all over that!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:24 pm

^^ If, as is often said, the show is less about the lead and more about the women who are cast (and the pool for the b-ette), Chris will do what JPab was really unable to do. He will listen to the women (heck, he listened to the men on the last season) and he won't get so much in the way of tptb developing the characters. I like Arie and his self-deprecation, but really, wouldn't we all be waiting for the next time he was kissing a girl up against a wall? And if he wasn't we'd all know in a heartbeat that he wasn't into her. And those who aren't fans of his would be critical of showing so much passion to multiple girls. I think he's better off without the gig.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:57 pm

I'll watch just about anyone! I am too addicted not to!

nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:09 pm

jcrbil wrote:^^ If, as is often said, the show is less about the lead and more about the women who are cast (and the pool for the b-ette), Chris will do what JPab was really unable to do.  He will listen to the women (heck, he listened to the men on the last season) and he won't get so much in the way of tptb developing the characters.

Mike Fleiss wrote:the real star of the show isn't the one handing out roses—they’re the lonely hearts competing for them.

Not only that but Chris presents an obvious angle for a "wrong reasons" theme to play out amongst the cast, in that an unwillingness to accept a move to Iowa can always be questioned as a wrong reason.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Mike Fleiss @fleissmeister  ·  2h
About to announce who the new Bachelor will be...

Trueloveforever wrote:
@GMA: Tomorrow on @GMA: Meet the next man looking for love. The new Bachelor is revealed LIVE! Don't miss it. http://t.co/4JaNPJjA4N

I don't get it. How does MF plan on announcing it? Before GMA?
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:45 pm

nutty1 wrote:I'll watch just about anyone! I am too addicted not to!
laugh out loud I'm with you! Doesn't really matter to me.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 80 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 59 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy