SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:20 pm

JBF wrote:Yup. Juan Pabloooo was dumped by Desie without much screen time. Remember the ladies in the MTA audience sporting fan T-shirts to pump him up?

What exactly was the reason why they didn't choose Zak W or Drew? I understand that the blubbering of Desie over Brooks pulled him out of the running.

Rumor is they asked Zak W and he turned them down, he had met the woman he is now living with and has been with for over a year. Drew I am not sure. I think Drew might have been too quiet to be the bachelor and maybe a little bit lacking in game, kind of like Marquel.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 52 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Rumor is they asked Zak W and he turned them down, he had met the woman he is now living with and has been with for over a year.  Drew I am not sure.  I think Drew might have been too quiet to be the bachelor and maybe a little bit lacking in game, kind of like Marquel.

I heard the same rumor about Zak W and I heard that Drew had landed some sort of a deal in LA and wanted to pursue that more than be TB.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Northstargirl Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:08 pm

After trying an being passed over three times, I hope Arie finds some self-respect and doesn't try again next year. It is obvious that he is not what TPTB are looking for in a lead and that he will never get the gig. Time for him to move on with more affirming pursuits. IMO

Chris will do a great job as the lead and hopefully will get a great mix of girls bringing genuine intent, glamour and of course, drama! I'm excited for this season to get started filming.
Northstargirl
Northstargirl

Female Posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:36 pm

tigertiz wrote:You are absolutely right Kasha. I  looked at @Fleissmeister twitter.  He hasnt even mentioned Chris Soules.  Quite a contrast to JPG last August with tweets like this one:

Mike Fleiss @fleissmeister · 8 Aug 2013

3,000 new submissions for Juan Pablo!!! Gooooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either Fleiss hates the choice, is panicking about the choice, or both.
Or busy with other fires right now that has absolutely nothing to do with his choice of who the bachelor is. Real life does kick in now and then no matter how serious you are about your job, etc.

I am very willing to give Chris a chance and really hope others are too????

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
nutty1 wrote:
charriotoffire wrote:Maybe Cassie Lambert (she is still with Bach right?) is still not over him and its just too much for her to watch him try to find his wife on the show.   She's probably his secret saboteur...  Just throwing it out there
Cassie is married and totally enthralled with their little one, she is always posting the cutest pics of her on IG. I highly doubt that is the case.

In addition to that, Cassie was instrumental in getting Arie on the show in the first place (and that was even before she married Peter Scalettar). Cassie had dated Arie only very briefly in 2003 (9 years before Arie appeared on Emily's season and it wasn't a serious relationship even when they dated). At this point (2 years later) if 11 years, a husband and a child isn't enough to get over someone I'm not sure what is.

I'm actually an Arie fan; I liked him on Emily's season and I think he would be very entertaining if given his own season. That said I'm also a realist when it comes to Arie and IMHO there could be too many skeletons coming out of too many closets that would be distractions to a season with Arie as the lead and I think the show did not want to risk that possibility, and that's why they didn't cast him this season, and probably never will.

I agree with your point about skeletons; I think that is the problem. And, well, maybe the financial side played a role: Chris is more "set" in life, while Arie has struggled to stay in his chosen field in a meaningful way.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:02 pm

Northstargirl wrote:After trying an being passed over three times, I hope Arie finds some self-respect and doesn't try again next year.  It is obvious that he is not what TPTB are looking for in a lead and that he will never get the gig.  Time for him to move on with more affirming pursuits. IMO

Chris will do a great job as the lead and hopefully will get a great mix of girls bringing genuine intent, glamour and of course, drama!  I'm excited for this season to get started filming.  

clapping! Couldn't agree with you more on your entire post! yes
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 831

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:55 pm

I dont think Chris will do a great job as the lead, unless they can figure out a way to make him less boring. Maybe clever editing will help? It'll be a challenge. As for Arie - he's racing and is a team owner in fact. He'll continue to be just fine. He's racing this weekend in fact and you can actually watch live at www.torcseries.com or on NBC Sports.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:06 pm

tigertiz wrote:I dont think Chris will do a great job as the lead, unless they can figure out a way to make him less boring.  Maybe clever editing will help?  It'll be a challenge.   As for Arie - he's racing and is a team owner in fact.   He'll continue to be just fine.  He's racing this weekend in fact and you can actually watch live at www.torcseries.com or on NBC Sports.

I think Chris, like Sean, will attract a different quality of women - not so many "stargazers" which is just fine with me.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:37 pm

tigertiz wrote:I dont think Chris will do a great job as the lead, unless they can figure out a way to make him less boring.  Maybe clever editing will help?  It'll be a challenge.   As for Arie - he's racing and is a team owner in fact.   He'll continue to be just fine.  He's racing this weekend in fact and you can actually watch live at www.torcseries.com or on NBC Sports.

Remind me which past Bachelors weren't boring. Hugesmile

I think, as is always the case, the show's success and entertainment value will depend more on the "ladies" who are cast than on the lead.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 pm

I think Chris will satisfy a large number of overall viewers.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

I think Chris as the new Bachlor will be fine , In the past some leads be it Bach or Ette who seemed like a dud ended up surprising at least me .
and Was a good season .

:hug: z

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 52 Its-ra10 It's raining LOVE!!            Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 52 Air_fi10 .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 52 Baseball-1 Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:13 pm

ironcat wrote:

Remind me which past Bachelors weren't boring. Hugesmile

I think, as is always the case, the show's success and entertainment value will depend more on the "ladies" who are cast than on the lead.

Yup, the Bachelor has always been about women drama.  Its only a bonus if the lead finds something lasting with any of the ladies.  Im watching Batchelor Aus, thanks to links posted and the lead guy is super boring but I keep on watching because I like some of the ladies.  

The selling point of Chris is really his storyline.  A farmer who lives in the farm can't find a wife.   A race car driver  rarely needs a wife,  these people are constantly surrounded with women who throw themselves to them for any kind of attention or a one night stand.  I am not very familiar with Arie really so I do not know of any possible skeletons in the closet, but the fact that he dated freaking Courtney and Selma tells me a lot about him.   I guess he likes fast cars and fast women.  Based on that alone it will be hard to convince people that he is the husband material type.  

Arie  is a charmer and funny (though I didnt like his dig at Juan Pablo's accent, shades of icky Andi)   but he doesn't give off the reliable, dependable husband material vibe that Chris seems to have.  Believe it or not its romantic for  some people that there's a man who is ready and its just waiting for someone who can deal with  the farm life, just being a wife, comfortable with the husband's tractor and hog smell esp among the usual Bachelor crowd who can't live without their Blahniks, extensions, fake boobs and teeth.  (I for one would like a woman who is fashionably dressed all the time but its kinda refreshing to meet a woman in this franchise who will be comfortable with overalls, plaid shirts and boots)
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy