SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by atem Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:41 pm

I don't find it strange at all, because in the end he's not final 1.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Rolly wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Ooh la la!  Great comparison, Sprite!  I knew he reminded me of someone but I was thinking Matthew McConaughey.  He absolutely also resembles the young Robert Mitchum.  Can I just say yummy?

Stuck...I agree.  I posted the above on May 7th!  

Opps!  Sorry I totally missed this.  I love me some Matthew McConaughey, he was at UT the same time I was (nope, never met or saw him 50,000 people and all).

Rolly, love ya girl, but I have heard Iowa is a hard place to be single, at least that is what the postdocs I have met there have told me.  That being said as a cell biologist they have one of the best low cost antibody banks there for research, so go Iowa (State of course - still got to cheer for the Big 12!).  

I grew up in Cedar Rapids and thought Iowa City was the coolest city around. I didn't stay in Iowa though and believe me living now in Minnesota I have heard more than my share of Iowa jokes.  rofl  I do feel bad for Chris, he seems like a great guy and deserves to find love. Would be nice to see someone as lead from the mid-west though....has there ever been one? Maybe that would be Chris' big chance for love, he just has to find someone willing to move to Iowa.  :Woah-hoo: 
er
Aaron, the second bachelor was from Missouri, is that midwestern? I seriously don't know, it kind of seems like Kansas and Missouri are a bit of an island in the middle of the US.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Aaron was living in Springfield, Mo at that time he was TB. Springfield is a nice town. Not a city like STL or even KC, but it had a lot more going for it at the time than many rural areas. 

The approx. current population of Springfield, Mo is about 450,000. Des Moines(Iowa's largest city), Iowa's approx population is 200,000 or less than half.
I think it's fair to say--big difference keeping in mind Chris does not live in Des Moines.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Rolly wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Ooh la la!  Great comparison, Sprite!  I knew he reminded me of someone but I was thinking Matthew McConaughey.  He absolutely also resembles the young Robert Mitchum.  Can I just say yummy?

Stuck...I agree.  I posted the above on May 7th!  

Opps!  Sorry I totally missed this.  I love me some Matthew McConaughey, he was at UT the same time I was (nope, never met or saw him 50,000 people and all).

Rolly, love ya girl, but I have heard Iowa is a hard place to be single, at least that is what the postdocs I have met there have told me.  That being said as a cell biologist they have one of the best low cost antibody banks there for research, so go Iowa (State of course - still got to cheer for the Big 12!).  

I grew up in Cedar Rapids and thought Iowa City was the coolest city around. I didn't stay in Iowa though and believe me living now in Minnesota I have heard more than my share of Iowa jokes.  rofl  I do feel bad for Chris, he seems like a great guy and deserves to find love. Would be nice to see someone as lead from the mid-west though....has there ever been one? Maybe that would be Chris' big chance for love, he just has to find someone willing to move to Iowa.  :Woah-hoo: 
er
Aaron, the second bachelor was from Missouri, is that midwestern?  I seriously don't know, it kind of seems like Kansas and Missouri are a bit of an island in the middle of the US.

One rockin' island, you better believe!  giggling Aaron tried to establish a restaurant here in Kansas city but they failed miserably from what I've heard.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:26 pm

This post is lost on the Edit thread in a sea of F1 Josh vs. F1 Nick battles, so I might as well dump it on this shorter, quieter thread where it technically belongs. Updated it with some additions.

Regardless of what outcome we get, all of these “Easter Eggs” still tickle me…

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Cottontail3

“Easter Eggs” are my pet name for those quirky little curios in the edit that may or may not “foreshadow” the ending of this season. After all, these may not be Easter Eggs, but hand grenades painted white that will go “Kaboom!” in my face if I “assume” too much.

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Char_65109

Regardless, they keep me amused.

1.) The initial seasonal promo put out by abc.com, not the one shown in episode #1 (post spoilers), has her kissing Marcus as she says “There are things that I felt I never even knew...”, then fades to Iowa and Chris “... were possible”.

2.) As Andi gets into her limo “Some guy is going to get out of the limo and that can be my husband. My heart is just pounding. This is the beginning…” The very next shot is a limo in the dark followed by Chris’ face (then Nick) as other guys are talking.

3.) Mister Harrison: What are you so nervous about?
Andi: The thought that my husband could be in one of those limos and the fact that I could be meeting him in the next ten or fifteen minutes is just crazy.
Harrison: It is crazy to think.
Andi: I know.
Marcus takes under ten minutes to “wow” her, so Chris can follow him as #2 guy out, right on schedule. According to the abc.net time stamps, Chris is first out of limos. He’s the only one of the “spoiled” top four making the 15 minute cut in “real” time. Marcus was #13.

4.) Andi says to the guys: “this is not my normal life” (a.k.a. being TV’s Bachelorette). Cue shot of Chris. Also her “I think I can find my husband in here” straddles over Chris, Steven, Carl and Cody seated together, although the editors are smooth to keep the H-word restricted to Andi shown speaking.

5.) Andi refuses to meet Chris Bukowski, probably because she already has the Chris she wants… in addition to two Nicks, two Joshes, a Marcus and a Marquel. In a peculiar bit of editing, when Chris is told “I got to talk to Chris” (i.e Harrison), the security guard’s badges are zoomed on by the cameraman… and sporting the number “1” and “America One”. Then… in case we didn’t catch it the first time… Bukowski asks “Can I talk to Chris?”, the badge is blown up in size so the number 1 is bigger.

6.) Andi to Emil: "If I wasn't open to moving somewhere else, I might as well not have come here. I might as well stay in Atlanta and try to date someone there".

7.) Within a few seconds of that statement, she says “There are great guys here. How do you, like, just pick one during the cocktail hour?”… followed by her sitdown with Chris.

8.) Before giving Nick his first impression rose, her line "great first impression of" is spoken over Chris, not Nick. Chris is then cut from the screen as the guys next to him comment on the situation... as if Nick getting the rose will only hurt their chances.

9.) At the rose ceremony, Andi says over a group of Chris (and Brian, Marquel and some dumpees): “finding love here”. Shortly before this, Chris Harrison says over Marcus, Eric, JJ and Bradley “If you don’t hear your name”… and over Josh “you will be going home immediately.”

10.) The speech by Rudie, the first guy to talk after he gets dumped at the first rose ceremony may or may not be foreshadowing. (If the spoilers prove correct, not):

“This is a curve ball. It is not what I expected, because when I came in here... I was aiming for the fences. Y'know I thought I was gonna hit that ball right out of the park. Everyone in my life was, like, 'Oh my gosh! Like, you guys are gonna get married and have kids!' But... she didn't get a feel for that with me. Maybe she just wasn't attracted to me, y'know. It didn't *click* with her. I think finding love is very important. I think I could have had that with Andi but... y'know.” http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/video/PL5556208/VDKA0_zb0uk7ef

11.) In the 2nd episode (getting ready for Eric’s date), Andi says: "One of these men can be my husband", followed by Chris as the first guy talking at the mansion, saying “I can’t believe this is happening”.

12.) When addressing the guys, Mister Harrison says: “she might become your wife…” as the camera stops at Brett, Craig and a slightly hidden Chris seated.

13.) Something about this line sounds rather… celestial. Eric’s date card is “Love is everywhere”. He says in the mansion “Love can be found everywhere. If I didn’t think love could be found here, I wouldn’t be here.

14.) When Tasos reads the group date card, he says "last one" just before the camera stops at Chris (with Andrew and Marquel next to him). Then the camera pans back to Tasos and then Dylan (last one on that date card) as read by Tasos.

15.) Andi: “I know very little about Chris. I know Chris lives in Iowa. He’s a farmer. I’m definitely a city girl, but if that’s what farmers look like, I need to move to the country.” Despite the total lack of chemistry everybody on this forum claims, she adds later “I’m hoping that Chris is that gentleman that knows how to treat a lady because… (pause for a slight smirk) … I need it right now.” Followed by a trumpet outburst.

16.) Chris is focused on over Andi’s “Maybe all I have to do is bet on the right horse…” After being told by the older couple “Looks like you two both picked winners”, Andi responds “I think I picked a winner”. Chris: “I’m definitely a winner right now, To be here, I won.”

17.) Pro-Josh tidbit to toss here in case he happens to get heartbroken: The couple met at a baseball field and have been married for 55 years.

18.) Morbid and tasteless egg yoke: Nick S. says “besides the three guys who have a rose” over just Chris. Eric is shown next with his rose, over the word “everybody” (and he gets this pronoun twice this episode), but Marcus is nowhere in sight despite also having a rose. Then Josh and Craig get “on the chopping block”. Nick then ends with “so to get time with Andi tonight is do or die”.

19.) Episode #3: when reading the date card, Marquel says “Last but not least, gentlemen” as the camera zooms on Chris. He then reads Marcus’ name over Dylan (who was last named the previous week) and then Marcus is shown. (See above Easter Egg when Tasos read the date card.)

20.) Andi is informed by one of the Boys II Men troop: "When you are singing it, you gotta find the guy that you are focusing on. Yeah… you can do the sexy eyes. Just look at him, like.."
Andi: "I’ll make love to you?"
"I’ll make luuuuv to you."
Andi to the cameras (not to any guy on that group date):" I’ll close my eyes. I’ll make a wish. I’m gonna concentrate on YOU. Tonight is your night."

21.) Boys II Men comment on that date Chris didn’t attend: “If this is any indication of who she’s gonna choose, you won’t have one on this show. She should just leave by herself.”

22.) Obviously “foreshadow” edits:
Chris says of Ron “We are all really concerned for him and hoping everything’s OK.”
Ron says, before he leaves for his deceased friend, “I just wanted to say my goodbye” to… a surprised Eric.
When Ron hugs Chris, Dylan voice-overs: “There was a death of one of his friends.” (a.k.a. Ron’s friend and Chris’ friend in the future).
Later this same episode, Dylan (again) discusses the deaths in his family with Chris. The line of “It was just the call I never wanted to hear” is spotlighted over Chris listening, followed by his description of his brother lingering for a while “brain dead”.

23.) Andi says at cocktail hour: “Whether it is 25 guys or 1 guy here, like, I genuinely care...” (camera then pans on Chris solo) “about each and every one of y’all”.

24.) Chris is on the losing basketball team in episode #4. Andi voice-overs that is “heartbreaking” that they lost over a key Chris/Andi hug shot. Earlier he misjudges “We are not going to lose this game. We are going to win and play our hearts out”, followed by a quick shot of Andi calling “get it, Chris”.

25.) Josh: “I hate losing and the fact that ‘we’ lost and I won’t be able to see Andi just makes it worse”. Edit cut to Chris. Edit cut back to Josh as somebody sighs, “I’m not a sore loser but…”

26.) Not an Easter Egg, but one completely depraved reference to an old movie every reality TV editor has watched in their training: The name Rosebud… for the winning team… was both the first line spoken (by Orson Welles) and last (printed) line (on a burning sled) in Citizen Kane. William Randolph Hearst was furious at RKO studios for releasing a film about a newspaper tycoon that used his own private nickname for Marion Davies’ ____. (You folks can google the details.) Of course, they just had to show the Rosebuds shaking bottles in a shower with their backs turned to us and Josh looking flaccid by the bleachers. Alas… despite The Rosebuds’ victory… Orson’s Kane loses his Rosebud in the movie.

27.) When Andi and Marcus scale down the building, they discover the guys are watching them from the window (“That’s our room”). Marcus asks “should we kiss in front of them?” at the exact moment Chris is shown looking out the window. Her response is an instant “no”.

Easter Egg jigsaw puzzle pieces that don’t make any sense now, but may or may not mean something later

There’s a peculiar way in which Chris zooms into focus and out of focus in key shots following Andi’s argument with Eric and speech to the guys. Her “strikes a nerve” line brings him into focus as if she is explaining to him personally why she got so upset with Eric. This argument started because Eric felt she was behaving like a TV actress since his date (and after the Magic Mike and Chris’ Santa Anita dates since he didn’t see her until the next cocktail meeting).

Eric: This is the real Andi I am talking to. Do you feel like you have been natural and comfortable the whole time?
Andi: Am I comfortable and natural the whole time? Not a chance. But do I work my ass off and stay up late so that everybody knows that I am here for them? Yeah I do. You have no idea what it takes! You have no idea how exhausted I am! You have no clue how f***ing difficult it is to look in someone’s face and send them home!
(Eric didn’t ask for this answer… just whether or not she was comfortable with him.)

After she tells the guys “If you don't feel this is real, the door is right there. This is so real to me. Every single day this is real to me.”, Chris is shown in two back to back shots out of focus as if the speech doesn’t apply to him.

Other uses of the word “real”:
-In a cut scene from Chris’ Santa Anita date (but used in the promo), she says: “You want to believe everybody is here to fall in love, but realistically that is not true. You know that is not true. I know that's not true.”
-Eric’s exit speech: “I’m sad because I saw there could be potential there and it’s too bad because it did hurt me to see Andi cry. Love is the most important thing to me in my entire life. A lot of unorthodox ways of doing things have happened in my life and maybe this is exactly what I need to find love. It is the reason to live. Love leads to family and those two together are what life is all about. I feel more ready than I ever felt before. It is the most important thing in a relationship to just be open and real with each other. If Andi knew it the way that I meant it, that I really cared to get to know her more and I wanted to see her just be comfortable around me. I don’t know, but something went very wrong inside.”
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:23 pm

I beatingheart your post JBF.

Reflecting on what you wrote reminds me of the kind of poignancy indicative of works like "Casablanca" and "The Elegance of the Hedgehog". Both present love interrupted or without coming to fruition.

I'm not sure if this would apply to Chris himself or to the characteristics Chris embodies that go unnoticed by Andi. By this I mean that he and some of the other men share certain valuable traits however she undervalues or doesn't recognize them.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:41 pm

I just throw this stuff out here.

Everybody can stick to their own choice of ending. I'm not trying to push anybody from their "beliefs" of who is F1, soilers or no soilers. (I purposely left out the "P" in that word, since that is my opinion of them lately.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm

JBF wrote:I just throw this stuff out here.

Everybody can stick to their own choice of ending. I'm not trying to push anybody from their "beliefs" of who is F1, soilers or no soilers. (I purposely left out the "P" in that word, since that is my opinion of them lately.)

yes   It makes me question if she in fact she found someone.

Last edited by notarose on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:54 pm

hearthumbsup Really like your posts JBF and look forward to reading more of them.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:01 pm

You are so very much appreciated JBF! clapping! 

This will make me pay more attention to Chris. Him being so hidden for a spoiled F4, already raised initial questions.

Don't worry about pushing anybody anywhere. Everyone has their own choices, and reasons why they feel their choice is F1. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:04 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:You are so very much appreciated JBF! clapping! 

This will make me pay more attention to Chris. Him being so hidden for a spoiled F4, already raised initial questions.

Don't worry about pushing anybody anywhere. Everyone has their own choices, and reasons why they feel their choice is F1. 

THAT'S for sure! Ha ha!

Usually late in the season, folks start changing their minds and second-guessing though.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 pm

JBF wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:You are so very much appreciated JBF! clapping! 

THAT'S for sure! Ha ha!

Usually late in the season, folks start changing their minds and second-guessing though.

JBF, Chris is spoiled to not have a second 1:1 date. I find it weird, since he had the first 1:1 of any of the top guys.

If he doesn't get a second 1:1 does this change anything for you.

My favorite is Josh, but I don't want Andi to pick him. Chris is growing on me, and I don't want Andi to choose him either. So far, I like Andi the best when she is with Nick, so at the moment I want Andi to pick him, but that could change. I adore Marcus, but think he and Andi are just physical.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 79 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 61 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+71
2observe
Luvvy
sbolduc
Rosepetal
sdmom