SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Marybods Thu May 29, 2014 7:14 pm

What I don't understand is why some of these reality tv stars are doing giving up good careers for a couple minutes of fame. I don't know if Nikki quit her job, but how in hype heck can she be getting all this time off of work?? Granted she will make as much in three weeks as she does in a year by going on this show. That much I understand. But she took off three months to do TB. then all the traveling she did afterwards, now three weeks of Couples boot camp, or whatever it is called. There is no way the hospital she works at is gonna hold her job. I'm gonna have to say she probably quit her job.
What about Andi? Her job was being held for her until 5/31 at the latest. Any word if she is going back to being an ADA after all this.....doubt it.
Marybods
Marybods

Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 29, 2014 7:16 pm

umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
lipsis wrote:Nothing shocks me with these two.

Me neither.

Although going on a trashtastic VH1 reality couples therapy show might be even lower than what I thought they'd do.

Guess this means they're over that whole, "We want privacy thing."

Trista/Ryan are going to be on marriage boot camp right? Seriously, when these people/couples see how easy the money is to be made on reality tv,  it really is a no brainer.......

This is nothing new to T/R and they never claimed to want privacy, be left alone, and have major issues with the last reality t.v. show they appeared. If JuanPa/Nikki are doing this for the money, I guess all those things they said aren't what they really meant. No biggie it doesn't reflect well on them.

I don't get most people didn't or don't like them as a couple anyway, so why cling onto what they said or what they are doing?  

I'm just giving my opinion on their actions which I don't pay close attention to. All I have to really go on is what they said right after the show and now this. Lots of people basically know just as much as that and they share a common opinion as I do that this doesn't reflect well on them and makes them look like famewhores who are out for money and attention. Nothing wrong with that as most people and couples from the show also follow that path. But a trashy VH1 reality show combined with their earlier comments don't shed the best light on them.

Oh well everyone or should I couple is perfect....

Nobody is perfect, nor is any couple. I was just pointing out how they are being perceived about this.

Aren't they all perceived as being "famewhores" to some extent? Whether the couple or contestant is likeable or not, when they stay in the limelight (IMO) they all can be accused of that.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu May 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Me neither.

Although going on a trashtastic VH1 reality couples therapy show might be even lower than what I thought they'd do.

Trista/Ryan are going to be on marriage boot camp right? Seriously, when these people/couples see how easy the money is to be made on reality tv,  it really is a no brainer.......

This is nothing new to T/R and they never claimed to want privacy, be left alone, and have major issues with the last reality t.v. show they appeared. If JuanPa/Nikki are doing this for the money, I guess all those things they said aren't what they really meant. No biggie it doesn't reflect well on them.

I don't get most people didn't or don't like them as a couple anyway, so why cling onto what they said or what they are doing?  

I'm just giving my opinion on their actions which I don't pay close attention to. All I have to really go on is what they said right after the show and now this. Lots of people basically know just as much as that and they share a common opinion as I do that this doesn't reflect well on them and makes them look like famewhores who are out for money and attention. Nothing wrong with that as most people and couples from the show also follow that path. But a trashy VH1 reality show combined with their earlier comments don't shed the best light on them.

Nobody is perfect, nor is any couple. I was just pointing out how they are being perceived about this.

Aren't they all perceived as being "famewhores" to some extent? Whether the couple or contestant is likeable or not, when they stay in the limelight (IMO) they all can be accused of that.

Most are yes, some get it more than others for obvious reasons. These two seemed to escape some of that by sticking but their whole "privacy" thing for awhile, but taking the opportunity to film this show doesn't reflect well, especially considering the type of show it is. However it's not my life and if they want to open up their still relatively young relationship to even more criticism it is their choice.

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm

umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Me neither.

Well I am not perceiving them anyway, If am going to perceived anything about JP/Nikki I guess we should start with all of them who go on reality shows....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu May 29, 2014 7:34 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
umngirl wrote:

Me neither.

Well I am not perceiving them anyway, If am going to perceived anything about JP/Nikki I guess we should start with all of them who go on reality shows....

I'm basing that on comments here, other forums, comment sections, social media, and the people I know who discussed this today. And I'll just say going on this particular reality show is a different animal than say DWTS.

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 pm

I don't think  they ever actually wanted privacy.  What they wanted was to have control of their choices, image and statements, instead of playing The Bachelor game.  Claiming to want privacy was just a way to distance themselves from ABC.  In that respect, I don't blame them.

I have no doubts that the only reason anyone does the Couple's Therapy show is for the money, direct (from the show) and indirect (from keeping their name out there as Reality TV "stars").  And this is a couple that could use the money.  

For their sakes, I hope they can have the control they no doubt want and be perceived as they hope to be.  Not sure JP can keep himself from coming off totally different than he intends to, but that is the risk he must be willing to take.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Mustang19 wrote:My take on the "privacy" issue with JP was not that he wanted to keep his relationship with Nikki private or live a life out of the spotlight. Instead, he had a contentious relationship with the show and what mattered most at the finale was not giving them anything they wanted, such as a declaration of love, etc. It had everything to do with his argument with TPTB and trying to stick it to them and nothing to do with Nikki, their relationship, or his feelings for her. I have no problem with any couple making money that comes their way - they all seem to have done it, some more so than others. I question some of the endorsements I've seen when it seems just for the money. I don't watch this show, never heard of it, so I hope they know what they are getting into.

I cannot comment on this show because I've never heard of it let alone watched it. What I do want to comment on is the private statement he made. Knowing what we know of this couple, and the interviews we've heard, it was about keeping his ILY's private. As he explained its not something he does openly to the world, he very much so does it in Spanish, and IA Mustang, it was about sticking it to TPTB. He wasn't going to co-operate with them and he really didn't give a flying pig at that point. No one really knows what went on, we hear one side, and not both sides, but we can speculate, it certainly wasn't nice because his behaviour on ATFR told us that, and many other clues, tweets, interviews, etc.

We also know, he said he would most certainly do another reality TV show if the terms and conditions were right. So to ask what happened to keeping their lives private, he wasn't referring to his life, he was referring to certain personal things he keeps private.

IMO there is absolutely no difference than any other contestant on this show that takes advantage of any opportunities that come their way. Melissa telling Jason Mesnick she wants to stay home and have babies, only to go on DWTS and numberous other gigs. There are countless ex contestants that have furthered their careers and succeeded or tried and failed, or go on this show for that sole purpose. I say go for it. Why not take advantage of earning extra income. What ever the issues are with this show, they are the ones that have decided for what ever reasons to accept the offer.

We may not agree with their choices, but that's their decision, their life path. What I do know, is what we have learned from these two, I'm fairly certain, they know what they are doing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu May 29, 2014 8:51 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I don't think  they ever actually wanted privacy.  What they wanted was to have control of their choices, image and statements, instead of playing The Bachelor game.  Claiming to want privacy was just a way to distance themselves from ABC.  In that respect, I don't blame them.

I have no doubts that the only reason anyone does the Couple's Therapy show is for the money, direct (from the show) and indirect (from keeping their name out there as Reality TV "stars").  And this is a couple that could use the money.  

For their sakes, I hope they can have the control they no doubt want and be perceived as they hope to be.  Not sure JP can keep himself from coming off totally different than he intends to, but that is the risk he must be willing to take.
Oh yeah, they're probably going to make him seem like an angered and deranged wife beater, that's pretty much guaranteed. He must think this set of tptb is somehow superior to the set he already knows and loves but 40k does make its presence known! Can't argue with that.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 pm

40K each, wowza!

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu May 29, 2014 9:06 pm

bleuberry wrote:40K each, wowza!

I think it's 40K each week so 120K for each, it even could be more according to how bad they wanted them...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu May 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Alanna wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:I don't think  they ever actually wanted privacy.  What they wanted was to have control of their choices, image and statements, instead of playing The Bachelor game.  Claiming to want privacy was just a way to distance themselves from ABC.  In that respect, I don't blame them.

Oh yeah, they're probably going to make him seem like an angered and deranged wife beater, that's pretty much guaranteed. He must think this set of tptb is somehow superior to the set he already knows and loves but 40k does make its presence known! Can't argue with that.

I don't think they will, JP will probably take a backseat to the drama with Evil Dick on the show.....

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri May 30, 2014 3:25 am

luvlady345 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:40K each, wowza!

I think it's 40K each week so 120K for each, it even could be more according to how bad they wanted them...

No. 40K for filming 3 weeks. Period.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+59
Acrunch
chinita
nikikass
eirekay
Rolly