SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:45 am

IrishGal wrote:Weren't they just doing celebrity wife swap a week ago? Really? I'm sorry but why don't they  get real jobs like the rest of us? There were many people calling Sean a fame ***** and he appears determined to prove them right.

It is kind of funny how much they get away with because they are so likeable. I believe they have done the most reality TV shows and endorsements out of any couple on the show and yet they seem to get the least criticism. I'll admit that I'm not necessarily an Andi fan, but she has done ONE show after The bachelorette and one book, yet there are pages and pages of people calling her a famewh*re. Whereas Cat/Sean have done The Bachelor, DWTS, Family Feud, Wife Swap, Marriage Bootcamp, made appearances on many other shows, and they get a handful of negative comments but a couple of threads complimenting them.

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by luvlady345 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:47 am

I see nothing wrong with Sean/Cat making as much money from reality TV as they can.... As long as they are true to themselves, I don't see what, the problem is... For someone saying why don't they get real jobs? They are making anywhere between $75,000 per person for about 2 1/2 weeks of filming, so why would anyone in there position want " a real job" or a 9-5 when that type of money is available to be made?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:21 am

^ It's probably mostly about hard work association when people talk about "real jobs". They're lucky they can get easy money and make that kind of money for 2 1/2 weeks of filming whereas many people don't even make that in a whole year. But hey, life isn't fair and they're not bad people at all. They're still likeable.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:55 am

chasingpavements wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Weren't they just doing celebrity wife swap a week ago? Really? I'm sorry but why don't they  get real jobs like the rest of us? There were many people calling Sean a fame ***** and he appears determined to prove them right.

It is kind of funny how much they get away with because they are so likeable. I believe they have done the most reality TV shows and endorsements out of any couple on the show and yet they seem to get the least criticism. I'll admit that I'm not necessarily an Andi fan, but she has done ONE show after The bachelorette and one book, yet there are pages and pages of people calling her a famewh*re. Whereas Cat/Sean have done The Bachelor, DWTS, Family Feud, Wife Swap, Marriage Bootcamp, made appearances on many other shows, and they get a handful of negative comments but a couple of threads complimenting them.

Whats also interesting is that their day jobs (or work at home jobs) are pretty closely guarded and only referred to in general terms (freelance graphic work, investments, oil and gas), yet I'm sure they can't be more embarrassing than this laugh out loud. So if people ask what they do outside of TV, it's probably because they literally almost never refer to their jobs on SM, but have no problem pimping stuff that makes them very easy money. For two people who are considered 'an open book' in all areas, it comes off as odd.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 am

I really do not think their jobs are closely guarded at all.  Catherine is a graphic designer and she works with so many companies the only difference is she works from home on her own time.  When you have contract for projects you do not necessary have to mention what projects you are working on.  Sean works in oil and gas industry at his own time too.  As for his investments I really do not think it necessary to spell them out.  I am also 100% sure that they do not pimp themselves because if they did they would take every project that comes their way but they do take their time to think about it, seek wisdom and pray about these project before jumping in.  It is honestly a blessing to see how many offers they get because people love them and respect them so much.  I for one I am so proud of Sean and Catherine!!

Last edited by blessed66 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 am

bleuberry wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

Whats also interesting is that their day jobs (or work at home jobs) are pretty closely guarded and only referred to in general terms (freelance graphic work, investments, oil and gas), yet I'm sure they can't be more embarrassing than this laugh out loud. So if people ask what they do outside of TV, it's probably because they literally almost never refer to their jobs on SM, but have no problem pimping stuff that makes them very easy money. For two people who are considered 'an open book' in all areas, it comes off as odd.
I know the secrecy always cracks me up.

Did the CIA tap Sean and Catherine Lowe to protect our national secrets and security? Are they not minding the Popsicle stand thanks to all the reality show filming and that's why we have all the recent data hacks? Get back to work, guys!!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 am

I heard someone once refer to his job as "being Sean Lowe" and I think that about sums it up at this point.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:11 am

I'll take their phoney jobs any day of the week for that kind of cash. The difference between S/C and some other past contestants is the way they live their lives.

Some don't give a rats bum and will do anything to keep their names out there, others have clear direction on where they want to be, what their goals are, and how to conduct themselves in public. S/C IMO are the latter.

They are being offered a lot of opportunities, they can pick and choose what they want. Other's not so much.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:12 am

I don't find Sean very likeable. He's way too self-congratulatory for me to like him.

They can do as many reality shows as they please as far as I'm concerned, but I know I wouldn't want to air my marital problems or, even worse, make up marital problems for the sake of a show. That's a bit too close to selling one's integrity IMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:17 am

chasingpavements wrote:

I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way about them as anyone else doing the same thing, we simply don't hear about it. I don't see them any differently than Trista/Ryan who have been doing it for years or Jason/Molly and they have huge fan bases, too. 
I suspect if any of these couples made enough money (in their terms) to subsist without doing this kind of stuff, they wouldn't do it. This is my opinion.
I am not going to compare them further as that will go OT.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:22 am

I think people have a wrong concept of marriage boot camp. Not everyone who is on the show has marital problems and neither are they creating problems for the sake of the show. You can go on the show to be a demonstration to others or to enhance your marriage. Also just to be honest every marriage has room for improvement and people can learn from other people too or you can go in the corner and say thank God for my marriage, what I think are issues are just minor things compared to others. So in short more power to Sean and Catherine for willing to learn!!! Just for the record Sean and Catherine are very humble and very much respected and loved so much!!

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 am

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of the show is that all of the couples have problems, or pretend to have problems. Not all problems are equal of course, I'm sure theirs won't be dramatic or scandalous (ie "communication" issues), other D listers will fill that role - much like the Sutters.

"The last three seasons chronicled the lives of five couples from reality shows. The couples do a number of exercises to see if their marriages are worth saving. In the end, the couples decide if they should divorce or make up."  Source

So it's safe to say there will be a fair amount of embellishment (and editing) going on, hopefully they can keep a straight face laugh out loud.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie