SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 2 of 81 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by jen689 Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Hotmomma wrote:I don't think they are that hard on Nick.
I usually don't get riled up but this preview pushed my buttons

Tricky Nicky
Sneak Over
#trusthim
#dumphim

Chris says "he's a really good liar"
Andi says "he could break my heart"

REALLY ABC

I read some of the posts from the Bachelorette facebook page.  Most posters don't like Nick. IMO this preview is adding fuel to the "we don't like Nick" fire.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by Hotmomma Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Right but they said will Andi trust him or dump him like the guys want! We know she keeps him.

And I must say he been pretty sneaky in his twitter/ IG.the most out of all the guys!
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Hotmomma wrote:Right but they said will Andi trust him or dump him like the guys want! We know she keeps him.
And I must say he been pretty sneaky in his twitter/ IG.the most out of all the guys!
You're right Embarressed! 
Note to self "Take a Deep Breath"  "This is just a TV show"  "No need to get riled up"
Nick will be fine through all the (what he calls) cray cray  :yes:

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks for warning! While I always watch the next week preview at end of episode, I also always skip the previews that ABC runs Tues-Sunday leading up to next episode as it's all about drama, drama and more drama.  Frequently what ABC shows in the mid-week preview does not even end up onscreen. Also, they have in the past spliced and diced actions or words said in prior episodes and included in the commercial for upcoming episode when it's not even going to happen.

Poor Nick ... the same production crew who most likely prodded him while the season was filming to sneak out to see Andi on ep 7 is now using his actions against him to paint Nick as the villain.

Well, I am not that easily fooled. If he was really disliked so much by Chris and Brian, they would not be friends now.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:38 pm

I actually don't think the producers put Nick up to the things he's done - the flowers, pulling Andi away as soon as the cocktail party started, going to her after the drama with Eric. I think Nick did these things on his own because he wanted to. What I believe is that these actions and his general personality started rubbing some of the guys the wrong way and the producers pounced on it to edit him as the season's "villain" because they always want their drama.

Thing is, all the editing and promos isn't doing diddly to convince me that Nick is some evil monster because I have not found any of the things he's been judged for to be horrible and instead the guys who feel so righteous and "gentlemanly" are the ones who are bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention I've seen this storyline play out in multiple seasons of this show (which by the way this is the other reason I know Nick really is F2 - the editing is setting him up for the big "fall") and I've never bought it then and don't now.

No matter how many manipulative promos and edits, I am not going to agree that Nick was awful for going to comfort Andi and see if she was okay after the issue with Eric or grabbing her first at the cocktail party or sending her flowers. And as for his being annoyed at the mime date - well so freaking what, it was a stupid date. I still maintain that I see and hear more about how awful Nick is than actually seeing Nick be awful. And that teaser from next week where he's talking about not thinking the guys have the connection he has with Andi - again, so what?

He believes they have something more special, he may very well be wrong about that but again, is the goal here to be with Andi? So who cares if Nick focuses on Andi and his belief that they have something deeper than everyone else. How is that so much more awful than a bunch of guys sitting around calling him a liar, manipulative, awful, etc. Seriously, I want to see the examples of Nick name-calling and attacking the other guys. That's what gets me every season about these types of edits. I'm supposed to think the other guys with their mob mentality are so righteous even though they are the ones ganging up on someone and attacking their character. Whatever...

Also, if there is any producer manipulation, I'd say is more that they went to whisper in the guys' ears, once they realized some were getting a little bothered by Nick to push them further into the "Nick is so awful" mindset. The fact is this is why so few relationships from this franchise has lasted - the whole thing is manipulated in so many ways and many of the contestants get caught up in the bubble while in it. So these guys are all there convincing themselves they care and love Andi so much and it doesn't take much for some producers to whisper a few things to them and they start talking to each other to all go, "oh yeah Nick is evil, so awful..."

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

lleyki  Good Post

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 pm

lleyki wrote:He believes they have something more special, he may very well be wrong about that but again, is the goal here to be with Andi? So who cares if Nick focuses on Andi and his belief that they have something deeper than everyone else. How is that so much more awful than a bunch of guys sitting around calling him a liar, manipulative, awful, etc. Seriously, I want to see the examples of Nick name-calling and attacking the other guys. That's what gets me every season about these types of edits. I'm supposed to think the other guys with their mob mentality are so righteous even though they are the ones ganging up on someone and attacking their character. Whatever...

Exactly! This isn't Courtney saying "See ya; wouldn't want to be ya" or "Winning" or calling a fellow contestant a "Stripper".
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:59 pm

^^^^ True, lleyki ... and good thoughts! I agree

That said ... IMO ... anytime a contestant leaves the hotel and "surprises" the Bachelorette/Bachelor at their hotel or somewhere on street or wherever, I tend to think producers were involved.

Nick wouldn't know Andi's schedule or where her hotel was located to even go find her. If he did, I'd assume that he'd sneak off alone (as we heard JP and Ashley did during her season) versus invite a camera guy and sound guy to come along. His handler had to make it happen/encourage the sneaking knowing that it would tick off everyone else if they found out.

I also agree that wanting to send flowers and do all those other things could indeed be Nick's idea ... good for him! But, presenting the flowers during her cocktail party when she was with Eric; well, that was a production decision. And if Eric went back and told guys about it, well that would cause tension/drama.

So, yes, I love that he's taking initiative but I think he's getting some help/encouragement along the way. And, I didn't watch preview so not sure what happens on ep 7, but if guys are reacting badly to Nick sneaking out, it's most likely cause production told them. If we see onscreen that Nick tells the guys he snuck out, well, he's bringing on his own drama and I'd find that to be suspicious.

I don't think Nick is being any snarkier than other guys. For example, Josh was making disparaging remarks about the secret admirer while at cocktails with Chris and JJ ... among other issues last episode.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel123 Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Good Post Ileyki.

Nick is a smart guy so i don't think he's easily duped. But since he's in unnatural setting, it's possible that some of his actions were prodded by the producers. I don't think Nick is awful, it's TPTB who's creating a TV character so that the audience will hate him. His mime group date reminds me of Nikki's group date in Korea. Both were uncomfortable in group setting and unhappy on those dates. Also TPTB was trying it's best to make both look bad. It made me curious why TPTB is trying so hard to portray Nick in a bad light? If not for the infamous plane video, i would definitely choose Nick as the F1 basing on the progression of his relationship with Andi. F1 or not, Nick will be in a good place post show. I like him more post show, his social media activities shows his fun side and also he has a big heart to be involved in a charity event not sponsored by ABC or the show.
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Isabel123 wrote: Good Post Ileyki.

Nick is a smart guy so i don't think he's easily duped. But since he's in unnatural setting, it's possible that some of his actions were prodded by the producers. I don't think Nick is awful, it's TPTB who's creating a TV character so that the audience will hate him. His mime group date reminds me of Nikki's group date in Korea. Both were uncomfortable in group setting and unhappy on those dates. Also TPTB was trying it's best to make both look bad. It made me curious why TPTB is trying so hard to portray Nick in a bad light? If not for the infamous plane video, i would definitely choose Nick as the F1 basing on the progression of his relationship with Andi. F1 or not, Nick will be in a good place post show. I like him more post show, his social media activities shows his fun side and also he has a big heart to be involved in a charity event not sponsored by ABC or the show.

Yes to everything!  clapping! 
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:20 pm

There is a lot more producer manipulation than what the audience thinks. 
Anyone considering being cast on this show should think of this as one of the 10 commandments of TB.
The producers are not your friends during filming. Think Stockholm Syndrome Lite.
They are there to produce a show. They are there to promote high ratings. They are there to move the storyline in the right direction. They are there to plant ideas in your mind. They are there to play mind games. They are there to hijack you.
They are not there to be your best friend, not during filming. 

Nick most likely did not have a phone during filming. He probably did not have liberties to leave the mansion grounds--more less transportation off the grounds. So how did he order the flowers? Producer. 

When you see a cast person knocking on the leads door after hours--how do they know where the lead is staying and what room, not to mention, how do they know that the lead is in the room at that time? Producer.

When you see a cast person go out on the streets most likely in a locale he has never been and is not familiar with, how is it they are able to find the lead? Producer.  

I could go on and on. 
Example---Ben believing Ashley was going to pick him. He was encouraged to believe this by TPTB. He expected it. We saw his reaction at the FRC.
Example---Emily finding out about RE and Cassie dating and being more than friends. What a shame. This was old history. Not a big deal or current. But it set her over the edge.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by b Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 pm

lleyki wrote:I actually don't think the producers put Nick up to the things he's done - the flowers, pulling Andi away as soon as the cocktail party started, going to her after the drama with Eric. I think Nick did these things on his own because he wanted to. What I believe is that these actions and his general personality started rubbing some of the guys the wrong way and the producers pounced on it to edit him as the season's "villain" because they always want their drama.

Thing is, all the editing and promos isn't doing diddly to convince me that Nick is some evil monster because I have not found any of the things he's been judged for to be horrible and instead the guys who feel so righteous and "gentlemanly" are the ones who are bugging the crap out of me. Not to mention I've seen this storyline play out in multiple seasons of this show (which by the way this is the other reason I know Nick really is F2 - the editing is setting him up for the big "fall") and I've never bought it then and don't now.

No matter how many manipulative promos and edits, I am not going to agree that Nick was awful for going to comfort Andi and see if she was okay after the issue with Eric or grabbing her first at the cocktail party or sending her flowers. And as for his being annoyed at the mime date - well so freaking what, it was a stupid date. I still maintain that I see and hear more about how awful Nick is than actually seeing Nick be awful. And that teaser from next week where he's talking about not thinking the guys have the connection he has with Andi - again, so what?

He believes they have something more special, he may very well be wrong about that but again, is the goal here to be with Andi? So who cares if Nick focuses on Andi and his belief that they have something deeper than everyone else. How is that so much more awful than a bunch of guys sitting around calling him a liar, manipulative, awful, etc. Seriously, I want to see the examples of Nick name-calling and attacking the other guys. That's what gets me every season about these types of edits. I'm supposed to think the other guys with their mob mentality are so righteous even though they are the ones ganging up on someone and attacking their character. Whatever...

Also, if there is any producer manipulation, I'd say is more that they went to whisper in the guys' ears, once they realized some were getting a little bothered by Nick to push them further into the "Nick is so awful" mindset. The fact is this is why so few relationships from this franchise has lasted - the whole thing is manipulated in so many ways and many of the contestants get caught up in the bubble while in it. So these guys are all there convincing themselves they care and love Andi so much and it doesn't take much for some producers to whisper a few things to them and they start talking to each other to all go, "oh yeah Nick is evil, so awful..."

lleyki  yes  you said it well....including many thoughts I've had myself.  CH has said the bromances were strong this year, so Nick was probably all they had to exploit.  They have to get their drama or many viewers will say, "its boring".  Whether Nick knew much about the bachelor process, I don't know.  Did he view it as a competition, he had to show her he's the best guy?, one up the other guy?

I do think he was trying to make their 'courtship' as normal as possible with the flowers and pursuing her at multiple opportunities.  I also think he knew Andi liked him more than many of the other guys and perhaps his ego got the better of him.  Did the producers encourage him (extra time w Andi) to help them w the drama?  I like Nick, I like Andi w Nick.  Since my TV boyfriend Marcus is apparently on BIP w a new lady love (and out of the running), I would love Nick as F1.   Hugesmile

b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 81 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

+77
bleuberry
chloep
emusha
Retiredswimmom
Pattycake92