SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 52 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 52 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Lovedaddio wrote:GuardianAngel, Norcalgal....thanks for the welcome. Too bad I can't stand the bachelor/ette. This seems like a really good forum with lots of intelligent and insightful folks.

Good thing we talk about other shows!

The best conversations are usually on the other shows, actually.

Hope you stick around.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 52 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Welcome Lovedaddio, it's so nice to get the male perspective. Nice post. Welcomeparty!
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Lovedaddio, you made the same points my hubby did, so it's good to see a another man with a second opinion. Both of us remember June Cleaver.

Thought all of you might be interested in this instagram photo taken 2 mos ago. I think that puts it after the show was filmed and the final decision was made.
warning it's a pic of Vaughn showing his left hand

vaughn's left hand 2 mos ago

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:53 pm

ironcat wrote:
jlccaz wrote:The "lie."  The way Doug lied was super-lame and Arrested Adolescent (lives at home, anyone?), and would have raised red flags for me. I grew up (actually, about 20 miles down the road from Jamie's trailer park!!)  in the happiest of happy homes on this planet, and I would have viewed that sort of juvenile cover-up as a red-flag on maturity and yes, candor.  Doug has plenty of issues.  I think they are well-matched, and will try to make it work after the deadline passes, but Doug's ties to his own family are also a sign that he has some work to do before he is ready to stand on his own feet as a husband.  He is still leaning on that support system a lot.  

The Format.  Professional tic, I am curious about the role of TV-show finances and legalities on the marriage behaviors that may have influenced the "experiment."  Seems that the producers likely subsidized housing costs (thus the ability to move in together in a new short-term lease place?), and I would imagine also are agreeing to pick up the tab for a no-fault divorce, and there must have been a pre-nup of sorts, so that divorce would be utterly straightforward, stipulated outcome.  Divorce post-contract is obviously also readily available as a legal matter, but not for free, with lawyers and costs and fees all covered.  Maybe they signed pre-nups that would protect them?  The longer they stay together post-experiment, the more entangled their affairs, and the more hassle, etc.  So, ironically, the format itself promotes break-up, in the absence of emotional intimacy and trust.    

I was wondering with Jason/Cortney #1 fear if they worried how they would manage on their own, without free experts, without subsidized joint housing, etc etc.

I wish someone would tweet those questions to FYI and the experts.  (The cast would obviously be gagged.)   The experts are well chosen.  They seem to be to be giving not just excellent, but outstanding, support and guidance.  It's a component of the show formula that makes the show educational and also entertaining.

I couldn't agree with you more, jlccaz.   clapping!

I dislike the way that Jamie is being vilified and Doug put on a pedestal, when they are BOTH good people IMO, and neither is without "red flags" and neither has conducted themselves perfectly in this thing.  Whether Jamie signed up for the show because she has show biz ambitions or not, she certainly seems to be taking it seriously now.  Remember she wasn't at all physically attracted to the guy when they met, so although that's changing, I don't fault her for not wanting to have sex with him after 2-3 weeks (not a month) of knowing him.  The "experts" usually say that a woman shouldn't have sex until she has been dating the person at least 2 months, don't they?  And yes, they're already married, but we're not in the Old Country where the bride had no free will in the decision and pretty much became the property of her husband after marriage, so I don't think those same rules/customs apply here.  Doug is very patient because he is both physically attracted to Jamie and likes her personality/character etc; she's basically his dream woman, and I haven't heard him say anything about lessening his opinion of/interest in her after getting to know her better, so it's all good for Doug.  I wonder if he would be quite this patient if HE wasn't all that enthralled with who they had picked for him from the get go. no idea

I agree with both posts! clapping!
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 pm

One thing for sure. If Doug and Vaughn are both back on the market in the near future..... I would lay odds that Doug gets snapped up first.
Maybe it's mean of me...but I'd really like it if someone threw a drink on Vaughn like they did Juan Pablo. Though physical contact with him would be a no no since he is National Guard. ( Anyone with an active military contract gets assaulted in public, the law is in their favor. Unless they are the ones who start it, which they won't do because they'd be violating the UCMJ.)

Last edited by theKeptGrits on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by bbroox Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 pm

I've been really watching the tweets and instagram accounts. I believe that Doug and Jamie and Courtney and Jason are all still together. It looks like Doug and Jamie are back at her apartment. I'm pretty sure Vaughn and Monet split as quick as they could. :shocked!:

Lovedadio - welcome! I'm new too! My husband is into the show, but not message boards. :cutesmile!: He actually likes Jamie. We haven't really felt she was looking for sympathy and I  know a lot of people do. Maybe we are both way off the mark. I think Jamie just really, really wants to be loved and in a relationship. I mentioned in an earlier post that I came from an alcoholic family, and I married my husband very young. We're coming up on 30 years, but I will honestly say I married him because I wanted out of my family and I wanted to build my own. I wanted consistent love and stability. I lucked out because I got a good guy. I could have really put myself in a bad situation. Jamie has a good guy too. I think he "gets" her and I know he adores her. He's not perfect - none of us are, right? I'm really hoping these to are in it for the long haul! I think both Doug and Jamie like the attention they get from being on TV. I wish we could keep following them and Court and Jason! I'm really going to miss those 2 couples!! At least we still have social media to help with our obsession! cantstopl
bbroox
bbroox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:04 pm

I have no doubt Jason and Cortney, and Jamie and Doug are still together, too much info post show to make me think otherwise. Besides, despite their "growing pains" , they seems to be well matched and they seem to genuinely like each other.... unlike Monet and Vaughn, where the only thing I think they like about each other is the sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Saw this tweet from Doug

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 52 Empty Jamie's other life

Post by theKeptGrits Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 am

one of Jamie's hosting videos on thechefconnection.com

Last edited by theKeptGrits on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out word)

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 am

theKeptGrits wrote:one of Jamie's hosting videos on thechefconnection.com

Thanks for posting. It's interesting she hosts for "Chefs Connection" but doesn't cook. I suppose she can still be a "foody" and appreciate the art.

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 pm

One can also see Doug Hehner's stand up comedy on his You Tube Channel.  Warning, it's pretty awful/painful to watch, as entertaining as he is as a husband.  Kudos for putting himself out there, but that is a long and brutal path, and he isn't very good (yet?).

There's no question each of them had reasons to be on a TV show.  As did Cortney and Jason in a way.  That doesn't trigger a "right reasons" debate for me though.  It just answers the obvious burning question underlying the format:  WHO WOULD DO THAT.  People who BOTH didn't mind the TV exposure AND were screened and selected for wanting love.

Can't figure out V and M reasons.  

Also regarding Doug and red flags ... my point is not that living at home is a red flag by itself.  My point is that the way he reacted when challenged about the cigarette was Arrested Adolescence at its best. And if you combine that reaction with living at home, and with how his parents seem very involved in his life, it paints a more complete picture of who he is.  The lie was not some terrible act of fraud.  How he handled being challenged was really telling for me ... the small thing that tells you a lot.   He's got a long way to go.  But people grow and mature during, not just before, marriage.  Still hopeful for them.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 pm

jlccaz wrote:.......cut ........Also regarding Doug and red flags ... my point is not that living at home is a red flag by itself.  My point is that the way he reacted when challenged about the cigarette was Arrested Adolescence at its best. And if you combine that reaction with living at home, and with how his parents seem very involved in his life, it paints a more complete picture of who he is.  The lie was not some terrible act of fraud.  How he handled being challenged was really telling for me ... the small thing that tells you a lot.   He's got a long way to go.  But people grow and mature during, not just before, marriage.  Still hopeful for them.

I usually agree with you but on this part I disagree. I agree he didn't handle it well but I think he is mature and wise. The fact he is close to his family to me is no big deal. I know lots of guys that are close to their families, ditto for gals. I think the average guy would have told Jamie to shove it by now. He is obviously in/getting there, in term of being in love with her and has taken it slowly and has been shown to be not only patient but caring of/for Jamie. I think his response was that of fear, for he knew he had been "caught" in a lie and also understood the trust he was trying to build up with Jamie was now blown. So he denied on his mother, as if that would give her trust in his denial. Was it smart to lie in the first place, certainly not , but he is no different than any other human and I think he just panicked thinking he has blown all he had been working so hard for. He seems to understand how fragile she is and what will tip her over. (Gave her alone time at the trailer, lets her change in the bathroom etc.) I am sure he saw no way out because if he admitted it, it would be over, so he tried to cover and it only made it worse.
I also am wondering if this were all part of a script that had to be played out for conflict resolution and while she doesn't like smoking she has come to accept him despite it.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 79 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie