SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie or ChrisS for Bachelor

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Vote_lcap61%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 90 ]
Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Vote_lcap39%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 57 ]

Total Votes : 147

Poll closed

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by isittrue Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am

gurlbrit wrote:
isittrue wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:I'm going to be very selfish here.  I have watched every single season of the Bachelor and B'ette (except for Grant's), and I think it's about time that I finally get a lead that I am thrilled with.  I want Arie!

I've lived through many seasons of ripped beefcakes; I want a guy with a nice, athletically trim body.  If I wanted ripples I'd watch Mr Universe or buy a shar pei.

I've lived through a Prince who sold dog shampoo, a montone doctor with absolutely NO game, a pro-football player with TOO much game, and let's not forget about the pilot.  I want a race car driver.

I've lived through a hated Latino loverboy, a fat-turned-thin horny Blob, and Mr Cream Dream.  I want somebody I can root for.

I've lived through the Bentley, Ed, Ali, and the Jesse Palmer-girls exodus.  I can't imagine any girl walking out on Arie.

I've lived through the Kalon, Eric, and Craig evictions.  I want a lead who doesn't have to be a dictator.

I want Arie who I can cheer for, laugh with, and ogle over.  I want him because I think I'm way overdue with having a lead I actually enjoy.    

Love your post but just curious who is Mr. Cream Dream???

That would be Benjamin Flajnik! :cutesmile!: 

Ah, thanks. I skipped that season (probably a good thing).

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by JBF Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:08 am

murasaki1393 wrote:if Arie is next TB he will be the first Bach i religiously watch for a whole season  Smiley.

Arie vs Chris?. no competition here for me. Handsdown Arie all the way. i wont even care of whomever he ends up with, the storyline, edits, and all sleuthing stuff giggling. As long as i get to see his vulnerability and sensuality (read: the jean jammin kisses on the wall laugh out loud) i will be glued on my screen all along!  lolpanda

Hey! You are back to Prince Siegfried's ol' safe house snapshot as your avatar. I forgot all about that pic. Heady days... heady days... *wink wink* (I sure wish Yee Spoiler King gets the next season wrong since he is destroying all of our sleuthing fun. It was so much fun THAT season.)  

Ohhhhhhhhh... you will watch Chris and LIKE it... LOL! Actually I am OK with either Arie or Chris, although I have the feeling we will get the latter since Mister Harrison has been over the moon with the guy since May. Just look at how gooey he is over "still on the market" Chris compared to "off the market" Josh back in his pre-season Ones To Watch:

"Former pro baseball player ... Is he coming all around the world only to realize what he was looking for was 10 minutes down the road?"

Sounds like Harrison is furious that they traipsed through Europe this season for nothing... LOL!

" I think people are going to very much fall in love with this guy. He's a small-town farmer from Iowa, fourth-generation land baron. If you say he's just a farmer, you're missing it. He's a millionaire. Very good-looking guy. He really wants to find a wife and live the American dream."

This is how Andrew Firestone was promoted back in 2003. Even though he and Jen Schefft didn't work out, he soon married fashion model Ivana and they've had three kids since. The object of the game is to find Chris his "Ivana" instead of a "Jen" while he is still on the show. A fashion model is the least likely match one would expect for a guy tied to his family's winery, so they just need a lady with some out-of-this-world occupation who SEEMS like an oddball match for the Iowa farm boy, but secretly wants that lifestyle.

The major reason I voted for Chris is because Arie would be the more entertaining of the two on a potential next season Bachelor In Paradise. It would be fun to see who he "hooks up" with among the other contestants. (Hope they don't cast Courtney.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am

isittrue wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:I'm going to be very selfish here.  I have watched every single season of the Bachelor and B'ette (except for Grant's), and I think it's about time that I finally get a lead that I am thrilled with.  I want Arie!

snipped...

I've lived through a Prince who sold dog shampoo, a montone doctor with absolutely NO game, a pro-football player with TOO much game, and let's not forget about the pilot.  I want a race car driver.

snipped...
I want Arie who I can cheer for, laugh with, and ogle over.  I want him because I think I'm way overdue with having a lead I actually enjoy.    

Love your post but just curious who is Mr. Cream Dream???

Thanks for reminding me how many hours of my life are spent on this franchise! laugh out loud The Prince, was the most painful season of them all for me. The only reason I stuck it out is because of Italy.

I too want to wait in anticipation for as Mura says, the "jean jamin kisses against the wall. laugh out loud

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:50 am

Whether Arie or Chris is chosen, we should all keep in mind the expression, "Be careful what you wish for". As has happened on many seasons, the bloom comes off the rose, the lead's warts are exposed, viewers start ridiculing him for his behavior, he gets criticized for dumping the wrong woman, and the "perfect" guy is perfect no more. As an impartial spectator in all this, I'll be curious about how well either Arie or Chris (and their fans) will weather the subsequent storm that is sure to come.

Sometimes it's better to remain in the dark and let the fantasy survive.  :Nod: 

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 am

I've lived through many seasons of ripped beefcakes; I want a guy with a nice, athletically trim body.  If I wanted ripples I'd watch Mr Universe or buy a shar pei.

I've lived through a hated Latino loverboy, a fat-turned-thin horny Blob, and Mr Cream Dream.  I want somebody I can root for.

I've lived through the Bentley, Ed, Ali, and the Jesse Palmer-girls exodus.  I can't imagine any girl walking out on Arie.

I've lived through the Kalon, Eric, and Craig evictions.  I want a lead who doesn't have to be a dictator.

Oh Mia, Mia, Mia, how I have missed your posts.  You nailed the adjectives in this one!   bestbud! 

JBF wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:if Arie is next TB he will be the first Bach i religiously watch for a whole season  Smiley.

Arie vs Chris?. no competition here for me. Handsdown Arie all the way. i wont even care of whomever he ends up with, the storyline, edits, and all sleuthing stuff giggling. As long as i get to see his vulnerability and sensuality (read: the jean jammin kisses on the wall laugh out loud) i will be glued on my screen all along!  lolpanda

Hey! You are back to Prince Siegfried's ol' safe house snapshot as your avatar. I forgot all about that pic. Heady days... heady days... *wink wink* (I sure wish Yee Spoiler King gets the next season wrong since he is destroying all of our sleuthing fun. It was so much fun THAT season.)  

Ohhhhhhhhh... you will watch Chris and LIKE it... LOL! Actually I am OK with either Arie or Chris, although I have the feeling we will get the latter since Mister Harrison has been over the moon with the guy since May. Just look at how gooey he is over "still on the market" Chris compared to "off the market" Josh back in his pre-season Ones To Watch:

"Former pro baseball player ... Is he coming all around the world only to realize what he was looking for was 10 minutes down the road?"

Sounds like Harrison is furious that they traipsed through Europe this season for nothing... LOL!

" I think people are going to very much fall in love with this guy. He's a small-town farmer from Iowa, fourth-generation land baron. If you say he's just a farmer, you're missing it. He's a millionaire. Very good-looking guy. He really wants to find a wife and live the American dream."

This is how Andrew Firestone was promoted back in 2003. Even though he and Jen Schefft didn't work out, he soon married fashion model Ivana and they've had three kids since. The object of the game is to find Chris his "Ivana" instead of a "Jen" while he is still on the show. A fashion model is the least likely match one would expect for a guy tied to his family's winery, so they just need a lady with some out-of-this-world occupation who SEEMS like an oddball match for the Iowa farm boy, but secretly wants that lifestyle.

The major reason I voted for Chris is because Arie would be the more entertaining of the two on a potential next season Bachelor In Paradise. It would be fun to see who he "hooks up" with among the other contestants. (Hope they don't cast Courtney.)

I'm with you, JBF, in that I think Chris has a good chance of being a popular choice - if he is chosen.  I'm torn between which one I want the most, so I won't say I want one over the other.  Being from the middle of nowhere myself, I think Chris is a great catch!  The casting would be interesting but I'm sure there are plenty of beautiful, articulate, interesting women here in the heartland that would love to meet him.  Surely they could manage to cast a couple of them.

On the other hand, Arie would be the steamiest bachelor evah!  A season to remember for sure!  

Good to see all the great posts in here!  Moderated board = 100% improvement!  That deserves one of these obnoxious guys:  clapping!
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer81 Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Who is Mr. Cream dream??? ha!
Spencer81
Spencer81

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Spencer81 wrote:Who is Mr. Cream dream???   ha!

Ben F's alter ego is Mr Cream Dream. Prior to being cast on the show, Ben and some of his buddies made a video called Cream Dream. It was available for viewing on the internet around the time Ben's lead season began airing. I don't know if it is still on internet. It was supposed to be funny.  It was definitely off-color. hmmm  In the video Ben wore a big wig, and IIRC on his HTD that wig surfaced on the show or in a deleted scene. The fact that I remember such crap is a sure sign that I have watch way too many hours of this ridiculousness!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I watched the early seasong then Jesse P did me in.  I didn't watch again until Jason's because I saw the first ep and loved Jillian right off the bat.  I really enjoyed that season and then fell in love with Jill's season and was re-hooked.  After Jillian there was a great run of seasons that I loved and obsessed over - Ali's, Brad's 2nd, and Ashley's.  I have had high hopes heading in to some since, but haven't really loved a season or couple since Ashley's, which I now realize is quite a while back.

I actually feel excited about either Arie or Chris because I like them both way more than the usual bachelor picks, both are attractive to me and overall I think they'd both be good leads, although very different ones.  Arie will def bring the wow factor, the sexy, the funny and I expect a lot of crazy stuff.  Chris will bring a more traditional, predictable season probably, but could do great ratings, a la Sean, IMO, who did nothing for me but a lot of America loved.

From this season I would have loved it to be Marcus, so for me it's still not a case of my getting my dream bachelor out of season.  I'm just hopeful it will be a good season because they are starting to lose me again with a lot of unlikable edits. Watching Married at First Sight and seeing kind , caring people (mostly) forming genuine connections in a real setting, gives me that vicarious romantic feeling I watch these shows for and I haven't had it from this show in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:13 pm

It all boils down the contestants. The Bachelor is often the "straight man" and the competing women the "entertainment" anyway. As long as both Chris and Arie are capable of crying on screen, I'll be happy. If they wail over a balcony like Jason M, that is an added plus.

Problem with both Juan and Andi is that they were too cool and analytical... and hardly the touchy-feely types. Yeah, they got teary eyed... a little... I guess. Made me long for the days of Desiree sobbing at the drop of a hat.

Last edited by JBF on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Spencer81 wrote:Who is Mr. Cream dream???   ha!

charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 pm

JBF wrote:It all boils down the contestants. The Bachelor is often the "straight man" and the competing women the "entertainment" anyway. As long as both Chris and Arie are capable of crying on screen, I'll be happy. If they wail over a balcony like Jason M, that is an added plus.

Problem with both Juan and Andi is that they were too cool and analytical... and hardly the touchy-feely types. Yeah, they got teary eyed... a little... I guess. Made me long for the days of Desiree sobbing at the drop of a hat.

hi JBF! glad you still noticed my awesome avi: the successful SH visit taken by Princess Desie laugh out loud. yep its to honor their coming RL fairy tale ending, since she just held her bridal shower.

glad you are on board with either the Farmer and the Racer. Always more fun season with your sophisticated analysis and hysterical snarks giggling

no offense to the Farmer, but i would skip the season if its him. just meaning, more Free time to do my wish-list Smiley. Besides, you know, there is only one Chris S in my heart beatingheart ( eventhough i had to share with Des, finally :P). So im good with only rooting for one Chris S's happiness both on and off screen in my BFF lifetime !  :cutesmile!: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:35 am

JBF wrote:It all boils down the contestants. The Bachelor is often the "straight man" and the competing women the "entertainment" anyway. As long as both Chris and Arie are capable of crying on screen, I'll be happy. If they wail over a balcony like Jason M, that is an added plus.

People always say this, but, for me, the lead always makes a HUGE difference in how much I like the season. Even when some of the contestants are interesting, it doesn't matter if they are having boring conversations with a boring lead. I tried really hard to get into Jake, Ben, and JP's seasons and just couldn't do it. Even though I loved contestants like Ali, Emily O' Brien, and Sharleen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

+54
Ash2214
CHO
Cecilia
Judiful
Cari