SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I have a different opinion. 
First, these ladies, if they are serious about Chris as a potential husband, should not care where they are going as long as it's with Chris! (yeah right!) 
Living in small town Iowa is not going to be all that exciting for the majority of women, so I think small town exposure is great for this season.  It gives them an idea from day one what life in a smaller town might be like. 
It gives Chris an idea of what these ladies are like not having the allure of exotic travel and if they are really there for "the right reasons" (again---yeah right!) 
Lastly, we all know TPTB will throw all kinds of drama both real and fabricated at the viewer making the locale almost non-existant anyway. 
I don't think the budget is any different this season than in the past. It's not a budget issue. TPTB are trying to keep it more real. (that should be funny).

I agree. The drama is dependant on the cast and not the location. I don't think the budget is an issue since they have places practically begging them to film there for the publicity. We know that they get discounts/freebies from hotels and incentives from cities/countries.

I am thinking it might have been Chris himself who requested a more low key season...kind of like Charlie did. This way he can be more himself and he can get to see how the ladies react when they don't get the fancy stuff they may have been expecting. They will still be travelling for the FDs and LCDs.

RS said that he has heard that some country they have never been to has been negotiating for this season. Does anyone have a list of all the countries they've been to so that we can eliminate them and get an idea of where they could possibly be going?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Sprite wrote:
First, these ladies, if they are serious about Chris as a potential husband, should not care where they are going as long as it's with Chris! (yeah right!) 
Living in small town Iowa is not going to be all that exciting for the majority of women, so I think small town exposure is great for this season.  It gives them an idea from day one what life in a smaller town might be like. 
It gives Chris an idea of what these ladies are like not having the allure of exotic travel and if they are really there for "the right reasons" (again---yeah right!) 
Lastly, we all know TPTB will throw all kinds of drama both real and fabricated at the viewer making the locale almost non-existant anyway. 
I don't think the budget is any different this season than in the past. It's not a budget issue. TPTB are trying to keep it more real. (that should be funny).

I agree. The drama is dependant on the cast and not the location. I don't think the budget is an issue since they have places practically begging them to film there for the publicity. We know that they get discounts/freebies from hotels and incentives from cities/countries.

I am thinking it might have been Chris himself who requested a more low key season...kind of like Charlie did. This way he can be more himself and he can get to see how the ladies react when they don't get the fancy stuff they may have been expecting. They will still be travelling for the FDs and LCDs.

RS said that he has heard that some country they have never been to has been negotiating for this season. Does anyone have a list of all the countries they've been to so that we can eliminate them and get an idea of where they could possibly be going?

If I remember correctly they actually didn't do all the out of country travel before FDs until Jillian's season. I actually enjoyed the earlier seasons more. The travel has become more important than the couple.

I may actually believe that Chris wants to find an actual wife and any of the girls who make it through actually want Chris. For me the travel is a tiny part of this show. If they produce an actual love story that would be great. Plus can you imagine the average girl they cast on this show in Iowa. The 23 year old actress/barista in Iowa? Classic.

Good job TPTB, I didn't think you had it in you.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Sprite wrote:

Thinking about it, and it could also be that Chris simply can't afford to be overseas, different time-zones, no access and all, at this time. Since he mentioned that this is a very busy period for his business, and his dad is reliant on him, he may need to be within easy reach for as long as the show can accommodate it. Maybe that's one of the compromises they all had to make for him to be on the show.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:04 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Sprite wrote:

If I remember correctly they actually didn't do all the out of country travel before FDs until Jillian's season.  I actually enjoyed the earlier seasons more.  The travel has become more important than the couple.  

I may actually believe that Chris wants to find an actual wife and any of the girls who make it through actually want Chris.  For me the travel is a tiny part of this show.  If they produce an actual love story that would be great.  Plus can you imagine the average girl they cast on this show in Iowa.  The 23 year old actress/barista in Iowa?  Classic.

I think I recall them being in Madrid in Jillian's season prior to the HTD's and seems to me they then went to Hawaii for the FD's.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:08 pm

docnash14 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Sprite wrote:

If I remember correctly they actually didn't do all the out of country travel before FDs until Jillian's season.  I actually enjoyed the earlier seasons more.  The travel has become more important than the couple.  

I may actually believe that Chris wants to find an actual wife and any of the girls who make it through actually want Chris.  For me the travel is a tiny part of this show.  If they produce an actual love story that would be great.  Plus can you imagine the average girl they cast on this show in Iowa.  The 23 year old actress/barista in Iowa?  Classic.

I think I recall them being in Madrid in Jillian's season prior to the HTD's and seems to me they then went to Hawaii for the FD's.

Actually Spain was after HTD but before FD. There was an extra episode that season.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 pm

julychild wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Thinking about it, and it could also be that Chris simply can't afford to be overseas, different time-zones, no access and all, at this time. Since he mentioned that this is a very busy period for his business, and his dad is reliant on him, he may need to be within easy reach for as long as the show can accommodate it. Maybe that's one of the compromises they all had to make for him to be on the show.
LOL, and here I took it as meaning the franchise rarely if ever went out of the country before FD's until Jillians. Hers was the first. LOL.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Sweet Home Alabama was all in country and the local highlights were fun and intriguing. It's nice to get a flavor of different parts of our country. I'd guess Chris definitely wants to make sure the girls know what might be ahead. Iowa is not all hick country and I suspect Chris makes enough money they can travel, but after Andi's comments about whether his state was a problem he should want to be sure this isn't a deal breaker. And tractor races is kind of a cute idea.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by howrealisit Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:00 pm

They went to Vancouver and Whistler as large groups in Jillian's season, sites of the upcoming Winter Olympics. Not quite overseas, but at least over the border. She also had 5 hometown dates with F2-4 + Jesse & Michael, so with Ed's return, she took the F4 to Spain.  

I only watched sporadically before Deanna's season, but I know that Jason's only group travel date was to Seattle with his F5 (where they tried to pass off the Sleepless in Seattleish houseboat as Jason's home) and Deanna's big splurge was to take the F6 to Palm Springs.

I agree that it should make for an interesting change. I'm looking forward to seeing their facial expressions and listening for forced squeals when they're told to pack their bags to get ready to meet Chris in...South Dakota!

howrealisit

Female Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:10 pm

The Canadian dates were very Jillian to me. That is her home base isn't it? Truthfully, Charlie was my favorite bachelor ever, so any season even somewhat like his would make me happy.

I really think the travel has been used to create interest because their leads weren't all that interesting. The only thing that saved Jason's season was the ending. Weren't they planning to cancel the franchise after that until he switched and all of a sudden RS and the celebrity rags started to pay attention again?

And if they get most of the travel comped why not?

This season I am glad they are going to Iowa. It gives me hope they want to have this work. South Dakota is beautiful by the way, so while the girls may not be excited, I am!

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by howrealisit Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Jillian's dates seemed like a lot of fun, with genuine activities like snowshoeing, as opposed to having fish give you a pedicure.

I don't have as long a history of viewership as most here, but I remember Matt Grant's season being referred to as "the first with the new producers", so maybe that change was a final attempt to avoid cancellation?

I also miss the smaller group dates- Deanna would take two smaller groups on different dates. 13 people on a date just seems ridiculous, but I guess that allows for more potential drama & easier editing.

howrealisit

Female Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Please, I say the Lead is doing nothing but lying and leading people on to make idiots of themselves and the only plus to it is getting to travel, make friends and hope to be the next Lead who gets to have all the perks.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Sounds like a win-win situation. For morons.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 81 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+73
bluwavz
Raggy 43
Jolena
provenceguy
newfiegirl
Rolly
KK4
Velvety081
sara11
4health
MiaHawk