SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 31 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Lucas15 Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:21 pm

sdmom wrote:Isn't "I would be flattered" a standard answer? I've heard the same answers from past contestants when being asked.

So have I but I wouldn't say it's a "standard" answer. At least some who have gave that answer were "campaigning" to be TB (this was a common statement made by Jeremy Anderson who tried hard to get the "job" Jason ended up getting). IMHO it's a standard answer for someone who'd like the role; for someone who wouldn't they might follow that answer up something like "I'd be flattered to be asked to be the bachelor but I'm just not interested in doing it."

There are so many other threads  if people want to talk about something else.

There are fan threads but this is AFAIK the only discussion thread open about Nick so it's going to get ... well ... discussions.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 31 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
sdmom wrote:Isn't "I would be flattered" a standard answer? I've heard the same answers from past contestants when being asked.

So have I but I wouldn't say it's a "standard" answer. At least some who have gave that answer were "campaigning" to be TB (this was a common statement made by Jeremy Anderson who tried hard to get the "job" Jason ended up getting). IMHO it's a standard answer for someone who'd like the role; for someone who wouldn't they might follow that answer up something like "I'd be flattered to be asked to be the bachelor but I'm just not interested in doing it."

There are fan threads but this is AFAIK the only discussion thread open about Nick so it's going to get ... well ... discussions.

I don't think Nick is interested in being the bachelor. I remember someone who knows him and his family used to post that he is not interested, but this is IMO only. Other people certainly can interpret his answer differently.
I have no objection of people discussing about Nick , good or bad. So please carry on.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:55 pm

I think if a guy knows he has absolutely no interest in being the Bachelor, he would add the part about not being interested to the "standard" response.  In Nick's case, I'm not saying he was campaigning or even for sure would do it, but I think he wouldn't have minded being courted by producers, and would like to be able to say in the future that he turned it down.  It's a big ego boost. (I also doubt he WAS courted; no reports of a personal trainer sent to Chicago, right?  giggling )

I suspect a lot of the guys would like to be offered the role, even those with no intention of ever taking it.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:05 pm

ironcat wrote:I think if a guy knows he has absolutely no interest in being the Bachelor, he would add the part about not being interested to the "standard" response.  In Nick's case, I'm not saying he was campaigning or even for sure would do it, but I think he wouldn't have minded being courted by producers, and would like to be able to say in the future that he turned it down.  It's a big ego boost. (I also doubt he WAS courted; no reports of a personal trainer sent to Chicago, right?  giggling )

I suspect a lot of the guys would like to be offered the role, even those with no intention of ever taking it.

Because he doesn't need one!  :fanningfan JK
 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 31 10514017_407365316068780_1157594513_n

MODS, we are allowed to post a fan picture in a discussion thread, right?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:20 pm

UGH, my opinion Nick was one of the least attractive guys on this season.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

sdmom wrote:
ironcat wrote:I think if a guy knows he has absolutely no interest in being the Bachelor, he would add the part about not being interested to the "standard" response.  In Nick's case, I'm not saying he was campaigning or even for sure would do it, but I think he wouldn't have minded being courted by producers, and would like to be able to say in the future that he turned it down.  It's a big ego boost. (I also doubt he WAS courted; no reports of a personal trainer sent to Chicago, right?  giggling )

Because he doesn't need one!  :fanningfan JK
 Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 31 10514017_407365316068780_1157594513_n

MODS, we are allowed to post a fan picture in a discussion thread, right?

Sdmom, thanks for this reminder of how HOT he is!

Of course anyone would be flattered to be asked to be TB and just to say I turned it down. And I believe that Nick hasn't even thought of it until that reporter asked him. I think he said "I'd be flattered" who wouldn't be? in that interview. I wish I can find the link. There was no indication in his demeanor that he wanted to do it.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Nick might not be classically handsome but he's handsome and very attractive, sexy and oozing sex appeal in his own unique way. Case in point Andi couldn't get her hands off of him. He's also the type of guy who gets more handsome as you come to know his personality. And to me that's way better than any guy who's handsome but nothing admirable inside.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Absolutely! In other interviews Nick said anyone would be flattered to be considered, that he hadn't been approached, and that he hadn't really thought about until people started asking him after the season was done. Both his family friend and RS said even if offered they don't know if he would even do it.

So I am sure he is flattered to be considered, may even consider it now that everything is said and done, but I think its all a moot point since based on insider info (both RS and ppl on this board) its going to be Chris.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:35 pm

It's just different strokes for different folks, guys. Nick is certainly far from ugly, IMO more attractive (and certainly a better physique) than the average guy his age, but for some, he's sexy (based on whatever) and for some he's not. Andi wasn't attracted to his looks initially, but he obviously became better looking to her as she got to know him. Would guess that she doesn't find him all that good looking now though.  :gotcha: 

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:06 pm

ironcat wrote:(I also doubt he WAS courted; no reports of a personal trainer sent to Chicago, right?)

I have the strongest doubts I can have (short of MF telling me the truth) that he was courted in any serious way by the show (but that doesn't mean hints weren't dropped to make him think they might be courting him - to get him to do something).

I think we've all seen the opening scene where CH meets with the new lead and says "Last season the world saw you get your heart broken by XXX, so how do you now feel about being The Bachelor/Bachelorette?" and the lead says "Yes but I know that the process works and I am SOOO ready to find love". And most viewers buy this hook line and sinker.

In Nick's case though what viewers saw was that he couldn't let go after being sent home by Andi and was still trying to meet with her, wrote a letter and in general was still carrying a torch. It's just too much heavy lifting to get the typical viewer to believe that Nick would be ready to actually be The Bachelor and they know that.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:09 pm

sdmom wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

I don't think Nick is interested in being the bachelor. I remember someone who knows him and his family used to post that he is not interested, but this is IMO only. Other people certainly can interpret his answer differently.
I have no objection of people discussing about Nick , good or bad. So please carry on.

FWIW
I had heard from reliable, at this point in time--Nick was not interested in TB.  :yes: 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
ironcat wrote:(I also doubt he WAS courted; no reports of a personal trainer sent to Chicago, right?)

I have the strongest doubts I can have (short of MF telling me the truth) that he was courted in any serious way by the show (but that doesn't mean hints weren't dropped to make him think they might be courting him - to get him to do something).

I think we've all seen the opening scene where CH meets with the new lead and says "Last season the world saw you get your heart broken by XXX, so how do you now feel about being The Bachelor/Bachelorette?" and the lead says "Yes but I know that the process works and I am SOOO ready to find love". And most viewers buy this hook line and sinker.

In Nick's case though what viewers saw was that he couldn't let go after being sent home by Andi and was still trying to meet with her, wrote a letter and in general was still carrying a torch. It's just too much heavy lifting to get the typical viewer to believe that Nick would be ready to actually be The Bachelor and they know that.

I personally don't think the time issue was the main reason, because, unlike the Bachelorette which has an almost immediate turnaround, the season doesn't start airing (yes, it tapes earlier, but I don't think most viewers think about that) until January, and that's a good 5 months to "heal". I just think Nick is still too controversial/polarizing a "character" for the producers to want to "go there", especially when they already had what they considered to be a very viable alternative with Chris.

IMO, if Nick had been the fan favorite, with 70-80% of the female audience oohing and aahing over how this poor, adorable, hunky gentlemanly guy got his heart broken, and how much he deserves a chance at love (ie, if he were Chris L), they would have taken him in a hot minute.  :yes: 

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+68
mathwiz37
Amberish
Relalou
IrishGal
eliza3