SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 73 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by luvlady345 Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 am

ironcat wrote:The lowest rated ever episode 3 was also the one in which Nick had his 1 on 1 date.  Any correlation?   Hugesmile  Personally, I suspect it was largely due to the Sunday night airing, because the ratings went right back up for the following Monday.  But I suppose we can each blame it on whatever suits our own agenda.

Is the purpose of this thread to discuss only what Nick is doing post show?  If so, I didn't realize that.  I assumed that was already being done on his fan thread, so now I'm a little confused. scratch

I didn't realize episode 3 was the Nick first date LOL, and it was the lowest rated episode for the season interesting.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 73 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by Woodyallen90210 Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:31 am

luvlady345 wrote:
ironcat wrote:The lowest rated ever episode 3 was also the one in which Nick had his 1 on 1 date.  Any correlation?   Hugesmile  Personally, I suspect it was largely due to the Sunday night airing, because the ratings went right back up for the following Monday.  But I suppose we can each blame it on whatever suits our own agenda.

Is the purpose of this thread to discuss only what Nick is doing post show?  If so, I didn't realize that.  I assumed that was already being done on his fan thread, so now I'm a little confused. scratch

I didn't realize episode 3 was the Nick first date LOL, and it was the lowest rated episode for the season interesting.....

I watched the first episode and for the first time was bored and wasn't going to watch.  On a business trip and watched the Nick Santa Barbara date (Ep 3) and was totally hooked.  Hmm ratings went up after that.

Woodyallen90210

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 pm

luvlady345 wrote:

I suspect that anytime that they air an episode that is not in it's usual Monday time slot, the ratings go down. I would be interested to see if that happened in other seasons when they had the double episode in one week or even on the BIP this past week when they aired one episode on Monday and the other on Tuesday. I think that people don't always pay enough attention to promos....bathroom/food break time...and don't realise it is on twice in that week.

I think that this season was unique in that much of the first part of the season was unfortunately focused on Eric and his tragic death and the whole undercurrent that surrounded that. The rest focused a lot on Nick and what shenanigans he was up to. It really seemed a very boring and depressing season...to me at least. I really wish they had shown more of the fun interaction between the guys to bring up the tone. Clearly there were some things there...Dylan and his pickle phobia, the guys singing, etc. Instead we were treated to the most depressing season I can remember.

Thankfully, Nick seems to be back to his old life with family and friends. I loved seeing the pictures from the wedding yesterday, particularly the one of him with his little sister. That family dynamic and the one during Chris' hometown dates were my two favourite segments of the whole show. It was the only time that I felt I was seeing the real people rather than who the producers wanted me to believe these people to be.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Sprite wrote:I would be interested to see if that happened in other seasons when they had the double episode in one week or even on the BIP this past week when they aired one episode on Monday and the other on Tuesday.

Actually last weeks' ratings for BIP did not go down for the Tuesday airing of the extra episode, they went 10% up in the Adults 18-34 and 6% up in the Women 18-34 categories and held even with Monday in all the other categories including overall viewership. It was still down compared to The Bachelorette with 4,800,000 million viewers versus the 6,000,000 viewers that The Bachelorette was drawing.

I don't know what the ratings are for other seasons where they've doubled up on episodes but I did (finally) figure out the Episode 3 / Episode 4 issues of Season 10. They aired Episode 3 on Sunday June 1 and Episode 4 on Monday June 2 and the reason was that there was a Diane Sawyer interview with Hillary Clinton scheduled for June 9 at 9:00PM (on another network) so they doubled up the week before. On June 9 they aired a recap titled "The Journey So Far" which was not included in any of the previously posted ratings because I never found any numbers for it; in essence it was a rerun.

I don't think that ratings are particularly indiciative of anything that happened on Episode 3 one way or the other but I do think that Sunday is a bad overflow night for this show which has (like DWTS) more often been a Monday + Tuesday event (the ATFR used to air Tuesday after a Monday Finale) and that may be why they put BIP on Monday & Tuesday instead of Sunday & Monday - it works better.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Sprite wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:

I suspect that anytime that they air an episode that is not in it's usual Monday time slot, the ratings go down. I would be interested to see if that happened in other seasons when they had the double episode in one week or even on the BIP this past week when they aired one episode on Monday and the other on Tuesday. I think that people don't always pay enough attention to promos....bathroom/food break time...and don't realise it is on twice in that week.

I think that this season was unique in that much of the first part of the season was unfortunately focused on Eric and his tragic death and the whole undercurrent that surrounded that. The rest focused a lot on Nick and what shenanigans he was up to. It really seemed a very boring and depressing season...to me at least. I really wish they had shown more of the fun interaction between the guys to bring up the tone. Clearly there were some things there...Dylan and his pickle phobia, the guys singing, etc. Instead we were treated to the most depressing season I can remember.

Thankfully, Nick seems to be back to his old life with family and friends. I loved seeing the pictures from the wedding yesterday, particularly the one of him with his little sister. That family dynamic and the one during Chris' hometown dates were my two favourite segments of the whole show. It was the only time that I felt I was seeing the real people rather than who the producers wanted me to believe these people to be.

I know it is nothing to do with it being Nick's date and everything to do with it was Sunday, I was just being snarky, since Nick was supposedly the star of the show but his 1 on 1 was the lowest rating episode ever in the history of show on any season.. That's all...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
I know it is nothing to do with it being Nick's date and everything to do with it was Sunday, I was just being snarky, since Nick was supposedly the star of the show but his  1 on 1 was the lowest rating episode ever in the history of show on any season..  That's all...

cantstopl He went from that, to being the most talked about F2 with more media rounds that I can ever remember for a F2.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 pm

As long as people are talking, right?

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
I know it is nothing to do with it being Nick's date and everything to do with it was Sunday, I was just being snarky, since Nick was supposedly the star of the show but his  1 on 1 was the lowest rating episode ever in the history of show on any season..  That's all...

cantstopl He went from that, to being the most talked about F2 with more media rounds that I can ever remember for a F2.

Funny how that works. Sometimes you become a star even when you're not trying...in fact, those usually become my favourites. I think it has something to do with the fact that despite all the producer manipulations and editing, the real person somehow manages to come across to the viewers.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 pm

latest from Nick's twitter:

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28  ·  3h

In that moment you think should I say what I'm thinking or should I tone it down.. Always go with the former.. Honestly is a lost art.

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28  ·  4h

Shinanigans http://instagram.com/p/sXv-Ofsw3f/

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28  ·  5h

Sundays are always fundays with the boys and das boot #milwaukee http://instagram.com/p/sXuDx4swzn/

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 73 10616472_757680174277634_1706125060_n

Nick Viall @viallnicholas28  ·  18h

Goodnight http://instagram.com/p/sWSo0mMwzT/

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 73 927152_590211344421015_2098024587_n

Sorry, don't know how to bring over the pics and don't have an IG account.

Maybe we can talk about this and what he is doing now so we don't lose our thread.

Edited Smiley
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks like he had a wonderful family/friend weekend!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Looks like he had a wonderful family/friend weekend!

All the pics are really cute. He and Bella are adorable together. I love his tie around her head, I have older brothers too and they were not nearly as involved in my life or as fun as Nick is with Bella. There relationship is pretty awesome.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:58 pm

i know this is not his fan thread, but since many people mentioned about the wedding, I am posting my fav. MODS, if this is against the forum rule, please delete.

nick_viall28
18 hours ago
Goodnight

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 73 927152_590211344421015_2098024587_n

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+68
mathwiz37
Amberish
Relalou
IrishGal
eliza3