SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, I dislike Mark. I route against him every year, to me he is the opposite of Derek. He refuses to adjust to his partners and much like Julianne just dances around them if they are not as good as he is. I also think he has a rotten attitude.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 15 Empty Re: DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by julychild Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:35 pm

SLA44 wrote:I know that Derek, Julianne and Mark all trained with Marks parents in England.  Julychild I have never heard before that Maks and Val had trained with them and really doubt that had happened especially since Derek and Julianne moved to England to train with Mark and by Marks parents.  Maks opened his first dance studio in NY or NJ with his father in 1999 when Maks was only 19.  Maks is 5 years older than Derek and 6 years older than Mark so it is very unlikely they trained together as teenagers.  I know that Maks is friends with Mark's father but if you have a link to something that shows they all trained together I would appreciate you sharing it because I have never seen anything even relating to that.

Mark and Derek are close buddies and are also in a band together and they just bought a house together.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maks and Val are very close siblings and share residences together in NJ and CA.  

Shirley said so in response to one of those paparazzi's (Henry or something) who used to accost everyone at the night club where they all used to hang out after the show. This was the season Sean was on, and the video was posted here back then (wouldn't know where to start looking for that). I am not 100% certain that she mentioned Maks, but I am quite sure that she said Val trained with Derek and Mark and she talked about the rivalry specifically because the pap guy asked her about those three guys making it to the final.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:04 pm

julychild wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I know that Derek, Julianne and Mark all trained with Marks parents in England.  Julychild I have never heard before that Maks and Val had trained with them and really doubt that had happened especially since Derek and Julianne moved to England to train with Mark and by Marks parents.  Maks opened his first dance studio in NY or NJ with his father in 1999 when Maks was only 19.  Maks is 5 years older than Derek and 6 years older than Mark so it is very unlikely they trained together as teenagers.  I know that Maks is friends with Mark's father but if you have a link to something that shows they all trained together I would appreciate you sharing it because I have never seen anything even relating to that.

Mark and Derek are close buddies and are also in a band together and they just bought a house together.  

Maks and Val are very close siblings and share residences together in NJ and CA.  

Shirley said so in response to one of those paparazzi's (Henry or something) who used to accost everyone at the night club where they all used to hang out after the show. This was the season Sean was on, and the video was posted here back then (wouldn't know where to start looking for that). I am not 100% certain that she mentioned Maks, but I am quite sure that she said Val trained with Derek and Mark and she talked about the rivalry specifically because the pap guy asked her about those three guys making it to the final.

I do not have a clue who Shirley is and I don't believe that Maks was even there during that season. It is well known that Derek and Julianne trained with Mark, and that they lived with Mark and his family. I just don't see how Val would have trained with them then when they lived in England and Val lived in NY or NJ. Maybe Val did some training with them later when they were all in the US but I find it unlikely that Val trained with them through his teen years when he had a brother he could learn from and I am sure that Maks did not train with them. JMO but I have read a lot about Maks and have been a fan of his for as long as he has been on DWTS and I have never seen anything about him training with Derek and Mark in anything I have read.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Well, I dislike Mark.  I route against him every year, to me he is the opposite of Derek.  He refuses to adjust to his partners and much like Julianne just dances around them if they are not as good as he is.  I also think he has a rotten attitude.

I agree As far as not being a fan of Mark and about his attitude. I did think though that because of this that Amy actually did have to dance during the switch when she had Mark for a partner and she did a good job. Derek didn't have her doing that much dancing IMO and that was a disservice to her. She was either sitting or being carried most of the time. The times that she was given a chance to actually dance she did very well.

I had heard in one of the interviews that Mark had a huge fan base out there and they were ones voting for him and keeping him in the running. That was a pairing that should have never gotten as far as they did, there were dancers that were far better than Candace that were eliminated when she kept staying in the hunt. There is no way she should have ever been in the finals IMO. I could hear Mark telling her what foot to move while they were dancing. What a joke that was to have them in the finals. :thud
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:25 pm

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Well, I dislike Mark.  I route against him every year, to me he is the opposite of Derek.  He refuses to adjust to his partners and much like Julianne just dances around them if they are not as good as he is.  I also think he has a rotten attitude.

I agree As far as not being a fan of Mark and about his attitude.  I did think though that because of this that Amy actually did have to dance during the switch when she had Mark for a partner and she did a good job.  Derek didn't have her doing that much dancing IMO and that was a disservice to her.  She was either sitting or being carried most of the time.  The times that she was given a chance to actually dance she did very well.  

I had heard in one of the interviews that Mark had a huge fan base out there and they were ones voting for him and keeping him in the running.  That was a pairing that should have never gotten as far as they did, there were dancers that were far better than Candace that were eliminated when she kept staying in the hunt.  There is no way she should have ever been in the finals IMO. I could hear Mark telling her what foot to move while they were dancing.  What a joke that was to have them in the finals. :thud

Totally agree. Watching Candace dance her freestyle was just plain painful.

Amy had a lot of talent, I was shocked when she was allowed to dance how well she did. I also screamed when her waltz was covered by smoke on the floor. Judge her the same, she should have had low scores that week, because she couldn't do the movement, but fair is fair.

I kind of wondered if they wanted Charlie gone so that he and Meryl wouldn't split the vote and cost Meryl the crown.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:30 am

SLA44 wrote:
julychild wrote:

I do not have a clue who Shirley is and I don't believe that Maks was even there during that season.  It is well known that Derek and Julianne trained with Mark, and that they lived with Mark and his family.  I just don't see how Val would have trained with them then when they lived in England and Val lived in NY or NJ.  Maybe Val did some training with them later when they were all in the US but I find it unlikely that Val trained with them through his teen years when he had a brother he could learn from and I am sure that Maks did not train with them.  JMO but I have read a lot about Maks and have been a fan of his for as long as he has been on DWTS and I have never seen anything about him training with Derek and Mark in anything I have read.

I'll respond to the bolded.

Shirley Ballas is Mark's mom and she did coach Val at some point. When, I'm not sure. She's been a guest on Afterbuzz a couple of times, and I remember her mentioning that Val and Mark had a little rivalry going on back in the day. She also mentioned Val being one of the best Jive-dancers they've ever had in the business.

ETA: DWTS Afterbuzz Season 16 Episode 7 The mention of Val as one of her students starts around 35:45
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:22 am

^^^Thank you MissLittle and that makes some sense. However, saying that Maks and Val trained with Mark, Derek and Julianne did not make sense to me at all. It was the Maks part that I had the problem with. Maks is at least 5-6 years older than the others so it didn't make any sense to me that he trained with the others all through their teenage years especially since Maks had opened a dance studio with his father when he was only 19 years old. BTW I think there is still a little rivalry going on between at least some of the pros on DWTS (not between Mark and Derek though).

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:31 pm

I actually remember a few seasons back they had a "dance off" between Val and Mark, where they not only danced, but each played a musical instument (Val the violin and Mark the guitar- both were good at that as well; these guys are so multi-talented it's astounding), so I do think there has been a friendly rivalry between them for a while.  If Val was training with Mark's mother, I suspect it stemmed from that, especially since I think Val's competitive career was more successful than Mark's was.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 pm

SLA44 wrote:^^^Thank you MissLittle and that makes some sense. However, saying that Maks and Val trained with Mark, Derek and Julianne did not make sense to me at all.  It was the Maks part that I had the problem with.  Maks is at least 5-6 years older than the others so it didn't make any sense to me that he trained with the others all through their teenage years especially since Maks had opened a dance studio with his father when he was only 19 years old. [/b]BTW I think there is still a little rivalry going on between at least some of the pros on DWTS (not between Mark and Derek though).  

I haven't seen the pap video with Shirley that was mentioned (or I have and can't remember it), so I can't comment specifically. Though, your comment does make sense to me. All I heard and could comment on, was about Val.

ironcat - I remember that one. Really enjoyable!
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by BohemianNika Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:24 pm

I remember Shirley talking about the friendly rivalry (Val, Derek and Mark) on Afterbuzz. It wasn't during her last appearance on the DWTS Aftershow (she was there at least 3 times). Shirley mentioned Val was one of her kids (= students) and that his best dance is jive.

MeAndI fan
BohemianNika
BohemianNika

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Sneak peeks of the first meetings. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Phone #'s, song selections, dance styles for tonight.

Antonio and Cheryl – Cha Cha Cha (Song: “Tonight (I’m Loving You)” by Enrique Iglesias )
Dancing 1st
Vote: 1-800-868-3402

Bethany and Derek – Jive (Song: “Over” Tove Lo)
Vote: 1-800-868-3403

Sadie and Mark – Cha Cha Cha (Song: “Birthday” by Katy Perry )
Vote: 1-800-868-3411

Betsey and Tony – Cha Cha Cha (Song: “Material Girl” by Madonna )
Vote: 1-800-868-3404

Janel and Val – Jive (Song: “Bang, Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj )
Vote: 1-800-868-3405

Jonathan and Allison – Jive (Song:”Dance With Me Tonight” by Olly Murs )
Vote: 1-800-868-3406

Lea and Artem – Foxtrot (Song: “This Will Be” by Natalie Cole )
Vote: 1-800-868-3407

Lolo and Keo – Cha Cha Cha (Song:”Tell Her” by Rizzle Kicks )
Vote: 1-800-868-3408

Michael and Emma – Cha Cha Cha (Song: “Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf )
Vote: 1-800-868-3409

Randy and Karina – Foxtrot (Song: “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra )
Vote: 1-800-868-3410

Alfonso and Whitney – Jive (Song: “369” by Cupid feat. B.o.B)
Vote: 1-800-868-3401

Tavis and Sharna – Foxtrot (Song: “Pride & Joy” by Marvin Gaye )
Vote: 1-800-868-3412

Tommy and Peta – Cha Cha Cha (Song: “Drop It Like It’s Hot” by Snoop Dogg )
Vote: 1-800-868-3413

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Should I create epi night threads?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 19 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+41
northernviewer
jojo47
BuckeyeGal06
julychild
SafronSahara