SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014

Page 12 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014 - Page 12 Empty Re: Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:22 am

grace8136 wrote:
How much are they being paid? Anyone know? I sort of think it's for the money. They could have done it privately.

I believe RS said it was $30 or $40 thousand each.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014 - Page 12 Empty Re: Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014

Post by blueblues Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:28 am

Isabel123 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I just started he show here: 

Http://vodlocker.com/lsquct2f79m6

Thanks for the link Bleuberry. It works for me. At least now i have an alternative to watch it here or download from torrent.
Here is a great site for finding different sreaming services (Vodlocker is one of them). Good for viewing all kinds of American series.
http://watchseries.lt/serie/couples_therapy

It took 24 hours before the first episode was up. Usually they are faster than that.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerm3m Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:44 am

I thought I read somewhere and I do not recall where that they were paid $40000. I do not recall if it was for both of them or individually.

Evel Divk did say that the first episode had the highest number of viewers than any other season.

soccerm3m

Back to top Go down

Post by chinita Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:02 am

grace8136: If they did privately, then they will have to pay not getting paid

chinita

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:42 am

grace8136 wrote:How much are they being paid? Anyone know? I sort of think it's for the money. They could have done it privately.

In general SAG fees are negotiable so it's hard to say exactly what they are. I've heard numbers like $600 / day tossed around for certain types of productions, and the supplemental rate for cast on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette is $10,000 / hour of televised content. When Shawn Johnson appeared on DWTS she was paid $125,000 to show up and then additional amounts per week depending on how long she stayed (because she was a minor at the time her contract had to be filed in court).

ETA: In her book Courtney Robertson said she and Ben were offered $50,000 each to go on Couples Therapy; that's probably as good an indication as any.

For CT there is a fee paid. Farrah Abraham reportedly faked a relationship to go on the show and Bran Dawe initially agreed to be her fake BF but he got cold feet and backed out at the last minute (literally while he was in line to board the airplane to leave for filming). He reported that VH1 offered him double the fee if he would go through with it but he still refused.

IMO Couples Therapy is no more "real" than any other reality TV show - maybe less than some others. I happen to be a believer in therapy for couples because I've seen it work but I don't believe I would go on Couples Therapy to get therapy, nor would it be something I would suggest to someone else.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 3 times in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by SerenityGirl Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:37 am

Courtney Robertson from Ben's season said in her book that they were asked to be on Couples Therapy and were offered $50,000 each. She turned it down because Ben didn't want to do it.

She was also asked to be on DWTS as an alternate in case someone got hurt. She was offered $125,000 to sign up and $30,000 every week she made it through.

So yeah there's money to be made on these reality shows.

SerenityGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah, like I said earlier when Juan and Nikki was announced it's all up to how bad they want the couple on how much they will get paid.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks Isabel for taking the time to post the screen caps!

Does anyone know where this was filmed? Is that the same house they use each season?

I'm glad they accepted the offer to join CT. Why not take advantage of the opportunity, plus get paid. Everyone that comes off TB franchise takes opportunities that may come their way which IMO they should. Others choose to use their popularity to sell items by blogging, or partnering with companies or DWTS or they land the perfect jobs, Melissa / Ali.

JPG has said this has changed their lives, and feels the word therapy shouldn't be anything anyone should be afraid of.

I don't know what the success rate of this show is as I've never heard of it, nor have ever watched it before, but it appears it has done them a world of good.

Since filming ended they have continued to meet and travel together plus they took a big romantic trip to Bali.

If they get married, or break up, the result is no different than any other normal couple. The difference here, is they have been front and centre of negativity, they have been able to deal with it, and they are still together.  

Nikki chose to delete her twitter account, and perhaps that was the best way for her to handle it. I'm sure it was hurtful for her to read those comments over and over. You have to be a special loving caring person to have a job like hers, and to be cyber bullied, has to break her heart.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71504

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:05 am

The success rate of this show is high most who go on as couples choose to stay together....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by SerenityGirl Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 am

soccerm3m wrote:Evel Dick has an episode recap on Vimeo and had Jenna Jameson & Jon wood on it.  JP was supposed to be on it but Evel Dick said JP is on his way to KC to see Nikki.  I wondered if he was going there because I Saw a tweet about going to a Royals game on Sunday with Nikki and another couple.  Evel Dick is supposed to have another episode tomorrow with JP and Nikki.

They did talk a lot about JP and Nikki.  Evel Dick did say he called Nikki to ask if someone hacked her twitter and she told him she did not want to put up with all the negative tweets.

I think Nikki will rejoin twitter after the show is done airing.
I didn't listen to the recap but I'll listen tonight. It'll be good to listen to their take on what was shown.
Glad Evel Dick is doing the recaps for CT. He does them for BB and they can be entertaining to say the least. laugh out loud

SerenityGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:11 am

I finally had a chance to watch the first episode. Here are my thoughts. Even though I am a big fan of these two, Juan Pablo better start respecting Nikki. The "I have two daughters" wasn't very nice, IMO. Even if he is thinking this, don't bring it up on national TV! It's interesting that he thinks she is the immature one, when I see his comments as very immature. Nikki laughs it off, but I think deep down it bothers her in some way. She likes to come across as tough, but deep down that has to hurt, hence deleting her twitter. I see JP even had a comeback about that too. I am a bigger fan of Nikki at this point, but I am hoping the next few episodes will change my mind. I am hoping that Juan Pablo will let his guard down and grow up a bit. :hidingchair
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 pm

luvlady345 wrote:The success rate of this show is high most who go on as couples choose to stay together....

Thanks for letting us know. I don't usually watch the show, but I think getting counseling can't hurt and why not get paid? If they refuse to do the therapy that is different, but if they take it seriously, I have no problem.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo & Nikki Ferrell - Fan Forum - Discussion - Couples Therapy Premier Sept 10 2014

+36
mtnlvr55
livlafluv1
theKeptGrits
eliza3
glazedover
gurlbrit
Amberish
eirekay
amundefined2
Prd2brdhd
metalgirl