SELECT CONTENT

Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Good for him! I can't wait to see the wedding on tv and so glad life has turned out so well post show for Marcus.

Back to top Go down

Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:26 pm

chloep wrote:Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Coast Guard. Smiley He is on his 2month basic training. No phones or access to the internet, etc. No off-base time either, so Lacy and his fam won't be seeing him for the duration of the boot camp. I believe they can only communicate through letters, but he won't really have time for that, I guess. USCG BC has quite the reputation to be the most brutal BC out of all the armed forces.  I can see him doing really well with the CG though. Plus, living in Newport he has LA/LB and the SD sectors within arm reach so with some luck they'll have an easier time adjusting.
Good Luck to him! :peanutbutter:

Wow, good for him! Those guys/gals don't fool around! That's a great career for him and a secure job for their future. TY chloep!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Very admirable. thumbsup

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 pm

chloep wrote:Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Coast Guard. Smiley He is on his 2month basic training. No phones or access to the internet, etc. No off-base time either, so Lacy and his fam won't be seeing him for the duration of the boot camp. I believe they can only communicate through letters, but he won't really have time for that, I guess. USCG BC has quite the reputation to be the most brutal BC out of all the armed forces.  I can see him doing really well with the CG though. Plus, living in Newport he has LA/LB and the SD sectors within arm reach so with some luck they'll have an easier time adjusting.

Good for Marcus! Shows what a really great guy he is. But having family and friends do all five branches of the military, Marine boot camp is supposed to be the most brutal. Try SC swamp heat in the summer, it is nasty.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:44 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

Good for Marcus! Shows what a really great guy he is. But having family and friends do all five branches of the military, Marine boot camp is supposed to be the most brutal. Try SC swamp heat in the summer, it is nasty.

Definitely not disputing that. I've just heard that CG CCs have a real knack for 'creative performance enhancing exercises' (punishment platoons-something that is only legal in the USCG BC, AFAIK) and that since the CG is so selective and posts are relatively scare, you can find yourself reverted numerous times throughout BC.... On the other hand Army and Marine BSc are more combat oriented, so yeah, its probably a subjective perception.  
We too have a few CGs in the fam and my brother toyed with the idea to join after college, but ultimately decided against it. The A-school waiting lists for the rates he was interested in[HS/IS/MST] were crazy long, but that's how it is with too many applicants for too little posts. If it's the right fit for you it can be great though. I am hopeful it will work out for Marcus.

[sorry, for going off-topic there a bit. laugh out loud]

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Chloep, that is awesome. It was my first husband's best friend's hubby who was Coast Guard. He loved it and I confess he is one of those joyful people who really don't complain, so I can see him minimizing how hard it was. That was just the great kind of man he was (my hubby palled in comparison Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Page 32 3806527698 ).

I really admire Marcus for doing this and Lacy for being supportive and willing to share her man with the service. It isn't always easy to spend that time apart. To me it shows that they have a mature and true love that can handle the time apart and grow stronger through it.

We have had two really yucky years of Bach and Ette leads having really questionable and kind of unreal relationships and these two have been like a beacon of joy through the rest of the mess. I bet they are really awesome people to know IRL. Thank you for sharing some of what you know with us. It is so nice to have this thread to come to for good news.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Marcus was the real winner of the Bachelorette season 10 High clap
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:18 pm

He really was and I have a feeling he knows that. Smiley

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Do you know if he'd been considering this for a long time? It's such a huge change!
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks for the information, CHLOEP.  

So, my little strudel will be in uniform once again!  :fanningfan
So very happy that Marcus dodged the bullet and went on to find a real sweetheart, Lacy. Wish them a boat load of happiness! Hugesmile

In honor of this news, I think we need to dig up a pic or two of The Aviator!!! :yes:
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:23 pm

lurker11 wrote:Do you know if he'd been considering this for a long time? It's such a huge change!

Yeah, he has great admiration for the military and has known Coasties before he even has gone on the Bette, but never seriously considered it for himself until this past year when he met Coasties in the area.
The process started early this year. There where many ifs and buts and there were moments were he almost backed out, but at last he felt fully supported to pursue this move. Lacy (and her+his family) has been really amazing in all of this.
They know that while this can be greatly rewarding and amazing in the long run the first year or two will be quite brutal on both of them. First 2months boot camp then off to his first duty station after just a week off. This could be on a cutter somewhere off-shore or up in Alaska, etc, but they feel good about their chances landing a station nearby(as I mentioned before there are multiple ones in the area). Then depending on what rate he decides on and how long the waitlist is+ the A school duration, they'll have it easier and can start having kids, etc. So about 1,5 - 2 years. [ETA: This goes for act. duty, if he is joing as a reservist it's a bit less chaotic at the beginning.]
It's a huge move, he is not the youngest, nor would he "have" to pursue this. They live comfortably enough and he would have other career options, but ultimately his heart is in it and that's really the only way service can be fullfilling.
(btw, I was told he won't go for combat rates, probably nor for aviation, more so interested in rescue or operational rates.)

Last edited by chloep on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total

chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 pm

chloep wrote:
lurker11 wrote:Do you know if he'd been considering this for a long time? It's such a huge change!

Yeah, he has great admiration for the military and has known Coasties before he even has gone on the Bette, but never seriously considered it for himself until this past year when he met Coasties in the area.
The process started early this year. There where many ifs and buts and there were moments were he almost backed out, but at last he felt fully supported to pursue this move. Lacy (and her+his family) has been really amazing in all of this.
They know that while this can be greatly rewarding and amazing in the long run the first year or two will be quite brutal on both of them. First 2months boot camp then off to his first duty station after just a week off. This could be on a cutter somewhere off-shore or up in Alaska, etc, but they feel good about their chances landing a station nearby(as I mentioned before there are multiple ones in the area). Then depending on what rate he decides on and how long the waitlist is+ the A school duration, they'll have it easier and can start having kids, etc. So about 1,5 - 2 years.
It's a huge move, he is not the youngest, nor would he "have" to pursue this. They live comfortably enough and he would have other career options, but ultimately his heart is in it and that's really the only way service can be fullfilling.
(btw, I was told he won't go for combat rates, probably nor for aviation, more so interested in rescue or operational rates.)

I admire him greatly, but I also admire Lacy. Committing to being a military wife isn't easy, so she is giving just as much as he is IMO. They are both truly amazing people.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marcus Grodd & Lacy Faddoul - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

+67
nutty1
umngirl
KB_Mom
BachfanNY
Norcalgal