SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 11 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:46 am

vivi2 wrote:... Nobody did anything to JPa, he did it all to himself

... He called gay people "perverted" hence cost himself a gig on DWTS and he was blaming TPTB instead of himself.  

the key word: blame

Yes indeed. JPG seems to completely ignore the fact that it was his own comments in response to a question about a gay bachelor that cost him the gig on DWTS that he wanted. The fact that his anger towards TPTB is not related to anything at all to do with Nikki or the "match" he found on the show but is in fact related to another show and chance to make more $$$ should speak loudly about what his real objectives in all of this really were and are.

I was never a fan of Nikki, I was always neutral, but now after watching a couple of episodes of CT I am starting to really feel sorry for her. I saw the two of them in the audience of DWTS last season and JPG seemed to be having a grand old time and Nikki looked just plain miserable - a scene that's been repeated several times now on CT. Nikki deserves more out of life than being dragged into things that make her miserable.

Beeleever wrote:I've never watched this show before, but it's an absolute train wreck. Yowza. These people have bigger problems than what this reality tv show can do for them.

There is no way they are on it to "fix" their relationships. Sorry. I'm not drinking the couples therapy kool-aid any more than I'll drink TB/ette kool-aid. But I'll probably Tivo it and watch in FF.

The same reaction I have had since watching the summary episode from last season even before this one started. This is just a reality TV show with an emphasis on drama not on real growth in a relationship. If JPG and / or Nikki were really trying to make it work and believed that therapy would help them they should have sought it off-camera from experienced professionals. Going on this show hoping for genuine therapy is just a sick joke.

I can "get it" that it's a source of income for the couples on it but that just goes back to what I said above - it seems that JPG is leading both of them in directions to make $$$ and poor Nikki is along for the ride getting only meager "relationship table scraps" from JPG. I have little doubt that at the end "something" will seem to have been "fixed" in their relationship because reality TV always must have something to make viewers think it was real. But as to any real progress in their relationship? If that happens it will be in spite of CT, not because of it.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
vivi2 wrote:... Nobody did anything to JPa, he did it all to himself

... He called gay people "perverted" hence cost himself a gig on DWTS and he was blaming TPTB instead of himself.  

the key word: blame

Yes indeed. JPG seems to completely ignore the fact that it was his own comments in response to a question about a gay bachelor that cost him the gig on DWTS that he wanted. The fact that his anger towards TPTB is not related to anything at all to do with Nikki or the "match" he found on the show but is in fact related to another show and chance to make more $$$ should speak loudly about what his real objectives in all of this really were and are.

I was never a fan of Nikki, I was always neutral, but now after watching a couple of episodes of CT I am starting to really feel sorry for her. I saw the two of them in the audience of DWTS last season and JPG seemed to be having a grand old time and Nikki looked just plain miserable - a scene that's been repeated several times now on CT. Nikki deserves more out of life than being dragged into things that make her miserable.

Beeleever wrote:I've never watched this show before, but it's an absolute train wreck. Yowza. These people have bigger problems than what this reality tv show can do for them.

There is no way they are on it to "fix" their relationships. Sorry. I'm not drinking the couples therapy kool-aid any more than I'll drink TB/ette kool-aid. But I'll probably Tivo it and watch in FF.

The same reaction I have had since watching the summary episode from last season even before this one started. This is just a reality TV show with an emphasis on drama not on real growth in a relationship. If JPG and / or Nikki were really trying to make it work and believed that therapy would help them they should have sought it off-camera from experienced professionals. Going on this show hoping for genuine therapy is just a sick joke.

I can "get it" that it's a source of income for the couples on it but that just goes back to what I said above - it seems that JPG is leading both of them in directions to make $$$ and poor Nikki is along for the ride getting only meager "relationship table scraps" from JPG. I have little doubt that at the end "something" will seem to have been "fixed" in their relationship because reality TV always must have something to make viewers think it was real. But as to any real progress in their relationship? If that happens it will be in spite of CT, not because of it.

This post contains something that bugs me a lot. Nikki is not a victim. She chose to be with JPG, she continues to be with JPG. I agree that if they are to work they will have to find a happy medium, but she is not being drug along into anything. She has free will and chooses to go with him.

Isn't that part of a relationship compromise?

I promised I wouldn't post about their relationship until this was over, but Nikki is not a victim. That is insulting to Nikki and all women in my opinion. She doesn't have to stay with JPG or go anywhere with him.

Women are not little victims, we don't have to do what the man in our lives says. We have minds, careers and the ability to take care of ourselves. Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 2292733854
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Anyone that follows these two closely, know that JPG is well established in his career, without any hands feeding him, not that there's anything wrong with that. He was before TB and after. They were approached to be on CT, same as any other couple being approached for anything else that comes their way.

It seems if the couple is well liked, what ever opportunity they get, they take it and it's ok, because it will establish a nice nest egg for the future. But if the couple is not well liked, it's done for the money.

These two care for each other. If Nikki was unhappy, she would not continue travelling with him, and juggle work schedules to be with him and JPG doing the same. This show was filmed a couple of months after the AFRC aired, so at that point in time they really didn't have a lot of time together. Whether we agree with her for staying with him or not, at least it's a real relationship where the two are trying, compared to the likes of the ridiculous F1's Jef JesseC Vienna Courtney and on and on where we knew it would be a matter of months before it was over.

JPG tweeted a TBT pic of them in Vietnam, saying the date that changed it all. That is only one of many tweets that include Nikki in a loving way. Prior to Nikki deleting her twitter, she tweeted some pretty sarcastic replies towards the negativity. I do not think she would put up with anything that she didn't want to. Obviously she didn't want to put up with twitter anymore, so she simply deactivated it.

I understand this is the 5th season of CT. There have been many stranger couples on this show, why is it ok for all those other couples in the past but not OK for JPG and Nikki. They would have had to both agree to do this, in which case they both wanted to see how they can improve some of the issues they have.  He made it very clear to the producers he was not interested if editing was going to be damaging. JPG has said post filming this has changed their lives. If it pays big money, bonus. JMHO because whether I like contestants/leads or not, I always say good for them, if they get any offers to do something else that pays big bucks.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:16 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Anyone that follows these two closely, know that JPG is well established in his career, without any hands feeding him, not that there's anything wrong with that. He was before TB and after. They were approached to be on CT, same as any other couple being approached for anything else that comes their way.

It seems if the couple is well liked, what ever opportunity they get, they take it and it's ok, because it will establish a nice nest egg for the future. But if the couple is not well liked, it's done for the money.

These two care for each other. If Nikki was unhappy, she would not continue travelling with him, and juggle work schedules to be with him and JPG doing the same. This show was filmed a couple of months after the AFRC aired, so at that point in time they really didn't have a lot of time together.  Whether we agree with her for staying with him or not, at least it's a real relationship where the two are trying, compared to the likes of the ridiculous F1's Jef JesseC Vienna Courtney and on and on where we knew it would be a matter of months before it was over.

JPG tweeted a TBT pic of them in Vietnam, saying the date that changed it all. That is only one of many tweets that include Nikki in a loving way. Prior to Nikki deleting her twitter, she tweeted some pretty sarcastic replies towards the negativity. I do not think she would put up with anything that she didn't want to. Obviously she didn't want to put up with twitter anymore, so she simply deactivated it.

I understand this is the 5th season of CT. There have been many stranger couples on this show, why is it ok for all those other couples in the past but not OK for JPG and Nikki. They would have had to both agree to do this, in which case they both wanted to see how they can improve some of the issues they have.  He made it very clear to the producers he was not interested if editing was going to be damaging. JPG has said post filming this has changed their lives. If it pays big money, bonus. JMHO because whether I like contestants/leads or not, I always say good for them, if they get any offers to do something else that pays big bucks.

Great Post GA....... I feel the same
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

These two care for each other. If Nikki was unhappy, she would not continue travelling with him, and juggle work schedules to be with him and JPG doing the same. This show was filmed a couple of months after the AFRC aired, so at that point in time they really didn't have a lot of time together.  Whether we agree with her for staying with him or not, at least it's a real relationship where the two are trying, compared to the likes of the ridiculous F1's Jef JesseC Vienna Courtney and on and on where we knew it would be a matter of months before it was over.

I don't think that that is necessarily true. I hear people call out Sean/Cat ALL the time for all of the endorsements and TV appearances that they do. Even their fans. There are also some people who are like you and agree that you should take advantage of any monetary opportunities that come your way. I agree with the latter and I don't blame Nikki/JP for doing Couples Therapy. It's just frustrating when people say "see, this shows that they really want to work on their relationship!". No, it just means that they were willing to put their very personal issues on TV for a couple of bucks. After JP made a huge deal about how privacy was important to him on ATFR.

Secondly, I don't think that willingness to travel for your SO is any indication of happiness. Courtney traveled to see Ben all the time. Vienna followed Jake to LA for DWTS (and did she move in with him? I forget). Jef travelled to NC for Emily all the time. You can never tell what goes on behind closed doors, just because someone travels to see their SO or puts up a cute couple picture on Instagram. Unless, of course, they open those close doors to the public...

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

I don't think that that is necessarily true. I hear people call out Sean/Cat ALL the time for all of the endorsements and TV appearances that they do. Even their fans. There are also some people who are like you and agree that you should take advantage of any monetary opportunities that come your way. I agree with the latter and I don't blame Nikki/JP for doing Couples Therapy. It's just frustrating when people say "see, this shows that they really want to work on their relationship!". No, it just means that they were willing to put their very personal issues on TV for a couple of bucks. After JP made a huge deal about how privacy was important to him on ATFR.

Secondly, I don't think that willingness to travel for your SO is any indication of happiness. Courtney traveled to see Ben all the time. Vienna followed Jake to LA for DWTS (and did she move in with him? I forget). Jef travelled to NC for Emily all the time. You can never tell what goes on behind closed doors, just because someone travels to see their SO or puts up a cute couple picture on Instagram. Unless, of course, they open those close doors to the public...

I disagree with what you said it does not matter what this couple does they are always bashed for it. Courtney,, Vienna , and Jef all did travel but they did not work hard on saving their relationships. They were all doomed before the shows ever ended. JP and Nikki are working hard on this relationship to work. When he said that they wanted to be private that was from the Bach bubble which JP wanted nothing to do with them . He post a lot of sweet caring tweets and Instagrams that are very sweet and supportive of Nikki . You have to follow them to understand their relationship it is more than what we are seeing. Just like Juan was just in KC last weekend to be with Nikki.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

I agree. The bolded--These are my points!  JPa made a big deal about his privacy because he wanted to save it for another reality show that will pay big bucks..

The same with Nikki,  she hated the lack of privacy and then...

I always say that these people should take advantage of their new "fame", strike while the iron is hot, as long as the offers are not illegal.  SeanCat have been called "famewhores" by some people for doing that, but if they are fans of JPa and Nikki, then it's OK even if this is the show that will air dirty laundry and might make them look very "famewhorrish"!

Double standard at its best, to say the least.

PS..In my previous post about Nikki, I said I don't blame them for doing this show to make money, big money, but at least they should be honest about it. Just stop saying "...private" 'cause this show is quite the opposite...

Last edited by vivi2 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh man really starting to dislike how Nikki is acting. She's blaming the fans for all the negativity!? Well what does she expect when her boyfriend goes and makes an a** out of himself on national television. It's not that he didn't propose to her, it's how he acted during the FRC and ATFR in regards to their relationship. (Totally different then how Bachelor Australia Season 1 handled it, which was also no proposal but that's OT) Be nice to the fans who still care about you, learn how to ignore it and just be happy!. They are not even close to being on the same page of what they want in the relationship. Agree with you vivi2 & their idea of "privacy". Suspect no no

Jenna Jameson is just drama galore. Everything needs to be perfect for her. I just feel icky watching her conversations with her boyfriend. Poor guy. Believe the Jersey Shore couple (Deena & Chris) will make it. They don't have as many issues as all the others.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 8367-910 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 I_got_13 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 E5kqdm15 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 11 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11971

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:39 pm

vivi2 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

I agree. The bolded--These are my points!  JPa made a big deal about his privacy because he wanted to save it for another reality show that will pay big bucks..

I always say that these people should take advantage of their new "fame", strike while the iron is hot, as long as the offers are not illegal.  SeanCat have been called "famewhores" by some people for doing that, but if they are fans of JPa and Nikki, then it's OK even if this is the show that will air dirty laundry and might make them look very "famewhorrish"!

PS..In my previous post about Nikki,  I said I don't blame them for doing this show to make money, big money,  but at least they should be honest about it.  Just stop saying "...private" 'cause this show is quite the opposite...

There is a difference on what JP and Nikki are doing compared to what Sean and Catherine are doing. This is a thread about CP so it should stay on topic. There is no double standard when you compare the couples.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:56 pm

vivi2 wrote:
whit90 wrote:
vivi2 wrote:

PS..In my previous post about Nikki,  I said I don't blame them for doing this show to make money, big money,  but at least they should be honest about it.  Just stop saying "...private" 'cause this show is quite the opposite...

There is a difference on what JP and Nikki are doing compared to what Sean and Catherine are doing. This is a thread about CP so it should stay on topic. There is no double standard when you compare the couples.

SeanCat don't do any reality show besides TB.  Appearances don't pay much but they are having fun doing it and they like to travel.  "famewhore" usually used for reality shows.

This is a thread about CP not Sean and Catherine. I will follow the rules and stay on topic.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 pm

chasingpavements wrote:It's just frustrating when people say "see, this shows that they really want to work on their relationship!". No, it just means that they were willing to put their very personal issues on TV for a couple of bucks. After JP made a huge deal about how privacy was important to him on ATFR.

And it's also important to Nikki (from the first episode of CT):

"When you're at a restaurant and someone recognizes you, you stand up and take a picture [with them]," Galavis said. "Ten seconds and then you sit. That's it. They're happy. You're happy."

"But I'm not," Ferrell said. "Because maybe I'm mid-bite or we're mid-conversation. I feel like it's extremely rude, and he doesn't feel like that."

Galavis and Ferrell admit that they may have shared too much of their relationship with the public, citing negative tabloid stories about their behavior.

"The more we open up this relationship to show people into it, the more it gives them to attack us," Ferrell said. "I want it to be a normal relationship. I want to protect us. I feel like Juan Pablo too a lot of s--- from people in the media for not saying 'I love you.' I just want to have my normal life."

And so far CT has resulted in so much negativity on SM that Nikki completely deleted her Twitter account after the premier episode.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 am

Lucas15 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:It's just frustrating when people say "see, this shows that they really want to work on their relationship!". No, it just means that they were willing to put their very personal issues on TV for a couple of bucks. After JP made a huge deal about how privacy was important to him on ATFR.

And it's also important to Nikki (from the first episode of CT):

"When you're at a restaurant and someone recognizes you, you stand up and take a picture [with them]," Galavis said. "Ten seconds and then you sit. That's it. They're happy. You're happy."

"But I'm not," Ferrell said. "Because maybe I'm mid-bite or we're mid-conversation. I feel like it's extremely rude, and he doesn't feel like that."

Galavis and Ferrell admit that they may have shared too much of their relationship with the public, citing negative tabloid stories about their behavior.

"The more we open up this relationship to show people into it, the more it gives them to attack us," Ferrell said. "I want it to be a normal relationship. I want to protect us. I feel like Juan Pablo too a lot of s--- from people in the media for not saying 'I love you.' I just want to have my normal life."

And so far CT has resulted in so much negativity on SM that Nikki completely deleted her Twitter account after the premier episode.

This is what I don't get...You want privacy, but you go on another reality show. You don't like dealing with fans...good and bad....and go on another reality show where you give your fans and those who are not fans more ammunition. And the only reason you got on this new show is because of the controversy you created by your earlier behaviour and the fans that developed as a result of that old show. Fans that you don't want to deal with in the first place.

I don't have issues with people taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way as a result of being on the Bachelor...they have usually earned anything good that comes their way after all they were put through...but, you can't complain about the resulting attention and just continue seeking more attention. SeanCat were right...anyway you look at it...biting the hand that feeds you.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita