SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 12 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 am

Ok---another Saturday night---let's play nice y'all.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:26 am

Sprite wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:It's just frustrating when people say "see, this shows that they really want to work on their relationship!". No, it just means that they were willing to put their very personal issues on TV for a couple of bucks. After JP made a huge deal about how privacy was important to him on ATFR.

And it's also important to Nikki (from the first episode of CT):

"When you're at a restaurant and someone recognizes you, you stand up and take a picture [with them]," Galavis said. "Ten seconds and then you sit. That's it. They're happy. You're happy."

"But I'm not," Ferrell said. "Because maybe I'm mid-bite or we're mid-conversation. I feel like it's extremely rude, and he doesn't feel like that."

Galavis and Ferrell admit that they may have shared too much of their relationship with the public, citing negative tabloid stories about their behavior.

"The more we open up this relationship to show people into it, the more it gives them to attack us," Ferrell said. "I want it to be a normal relationship. I want to protect us. I feel like Juan Pablo too a lot of s--- from people in the media for not saying 'I love you.' I just want to have my normal life."

And so far CT has resulted in so much negativity on SM that Nikki completely deleted her Twitter account after the premier episode.

This is what I don't get...You want privacy, but you go on another reality show. You don't like dealing with fans...good and bad....and go on another reality show where you give your fans and those who are not fans more ammunition. And the only reason you got on this new show is because of the controversy you created by your earlier behaviour and the fans that developed as a result of that old show. Fans that you don't want to deal with in the first place.

I don't have issues with people taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way as a result of being on the Bachelor...they have usually earned anything good that comes their way after all they were put through...but, you can't complain about the resulting attention and just continue seeking more attention. SeanCat were right...anyway you look at it...biting the hand that feeds you.

Exactly. It's so hypocritical and it's sad that they can't seem to take any responsibility for their actions.

I usually feel sorry for contestants who continually get harassed on SM, but I just can't feel sorry for Nikki at all for the negative comments she gets on Twitter. The things that she says about other people on Twitter is despicable. She's allowed to call other girls "dumber than a box of rocks", for example, but god forbid anyone say anything about her? I can't stand people like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:16 am

The comment about being annoyed with fans coming up for photos and yet she is on another show?! How does she not see a conflict there? I think this was a pretty desperate move on her part. Seems like she's lost herself in this. She's a private person yet he's willing to pimp out their relationship for a few bucks and she rationalizes that it may help.

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:36 am

So, I thought I would check in to see how this thread is going.  REALLY scarey!!!  What ever people may think of JP and Nikki (and it seems that most really can't stand them), they ARE still together and are trying and it has been about a year since they first met.  No wonder Nikki quit twitter!  Going back to the fan thread.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 am

chasingpavements wrote:
Sprite wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

And it's also important to Nikki (from the first episode of CT):

And so far CT has resulted in so much negativity on SM that Nikki completely deleted her Twitter account after the premier episode.

This is what I don't get...You want privacy, but you go on another reality show. You don't like dealing with fans...good and bad....and go on another reality show where you give your fans and those who are not fans more ammunition. And the only reason you got on this new show is because of the controversy you created by your earlier behaviour and the fans that developed as a result of that old show. Fans that you don't want to deal with in the first place.

I don't have issues with people taking advantage of the opportunities that come their way as a result of being on the Bachelor...they have usually earned anything good that comes their way after all they were put through...but, you can't complain about the resulting attention and just continue seeking more attention. SeanCat were right...anyway you look at it...biting the hand that feeds you.

Exactly. It's so hypocritical and it's sad that they can't seem to take any responsibility for their actions.

I usually feel sorry for contestants who continually get harassed on SM, but I just can't feel sorry for Nikki at all for the negative comments she gets on Twitter. The things that she says about other people on Twitter is despicable.  She's allowed to call other girls "dumber than a box of rocks", for example, but god forbid anyone say anything about her? I can't stand people like that.

I can't feel sorry for her either as she seems to bring the negativity on herself, through being rude to fans or saying mean/negative things to those she doesn't like on social media. Social media platforms all have a block function for a reason. She could simply block the users who say negative things to her or about her. It's that simple. It seems as though she was proactive in getting rid of her account since it looks like the comments are only gonna get worse because of her words and actions on CT. And if she continues to stay with JuanPa she better be prepared for "rude" fans to keep approaching her.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 87b72b10 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 86669110 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 am

I have to agree that Nikki knows how to dish it out on Twitter, calling the producers trash, and that one girl from BiP dumb and I'm sure other comments calling out and snapping at people. I wish she were a little nicer in those moments or could just block people and throw shade with a little more subtlety.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 am

George1218 wrote:So, I thought I would check in to see how this thread is going.  REALLY scarey!!!  What ever people may think of JP and Nikki (and it seems that most really can't stand them), they ARE still together and are trying and it has been about a year since they first met.  No wonder Nikki quit twitter!  Going back to the fan thread.

Don't run! It is not THAT bad... *chuckle chuckle*

Folks were more ruthless with past contestants like Jake/Vienna, Ben/Courtney, etc. These two are still higher up on the totem pole.

In any case, Jenna/John are a livelier couple getting more attention by the average viewers, if not on this Bachelor oriented forum.

I have the feeling that the overall opinions will improve by the time this show ends, as these two learn on screen what isn't working in their relationship and overcome their own "issues". It does seem like they partly did this to show the public that they are a "normal" couple and not just a "showmance". At least now we learned on screen why Nikki dislikes The Public so much, due to the way strangers snoop on them and sneak photos all of the time.

What tickles me about both Juan and Jenna is that they have egos as big as the Hindenburg, love the media attention more than they care to admit and probably use too small of a mirror. Key difference: Juan was probably spoiled a bit by his family and only experienced opposition on the sports field, not elsewhere. Therefore, he is sweet and mellow ("It's OK") despite always thinking he is right. Jenn, on the other hand, had to battle with others just to get her way and seems to have forgotten that the war is over and nobody is fighting her any more. As a result, both John and Nikki are forced to be passive and allow their partners to have their own way... and they are NOT happy about it. That is sssssooooo obvious on screen. I think those two don't have THE Problem. In addition, you can see them trying very hard at the relationship. Jenna and Juan require more work and part of this involves admitting they are w-r-o-n-g sometimes.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 am

bleuberry wrote:I have to agree that Nikki knows how to dish it out on Twitter, calling the producers trash, and that one girl from BiP dumb and I'm sure other comments calling out and snapping at people. I wish she were a little nicer in those moments or could just block people and throw shade with a little more subtlety.

This is just me, but I prefer her honesty. May not make her the nicest girl all the time, but I prefer someone who isn't fake. The ones who throw shade subtly annoy me.

I do think Nikki could learn to deal with fans better and if you chose to be on reality tv you have to know that people will come up to you, etc. As I said, in someways I think Nikki is a little young and sheltered.

I continue to hope this process helps and works out for them. I don't blame you all for criticizing her for complaining about the fans, but I will watch and hope that she learns.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:56 am

bleuberry wrote:I have to agree that Nikki knows how to dish it out on Twitter, calling the producers trash, and that one girl from BiP dumb and I'm sure other comments calling out and snapping at people. I wish she were a little nicer in those moments or could just block people and throw shade with a little more subtlety.

I agree Bleu. I agree with umngirl too. Why Nikki decided to another show when she can't even stand being asked by a fan to take a picture, is beyond me. Juan and Nikki appear to have so many issues and it saddens me because this is suppose to be the "honeymoon" stage of their relationship. sad

Time will tell, but not holding out too much hope for them. I could be wrong though, and maybe Juan will turn over a new leaf.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:58 am

JBF wrote:
George1218 wrote:So, I thought I would check in to see how this thread is going.  REALLY scarey!!!  What ever people may think of JP and Nikki (and it seems that most really can't stand them), they ARE still together and are trying and it has been about a year since they first met.  No wonder Nikki quit twitter!  Going back to the fan thread.

Folks were more ruthless with past contestants like Jake/Vienna, Ben/Courtney, etc. These two are still higher up on the totem pole.

In any case, Jenna/John are a livelier couple getting more attention by the average viewers, if not on this Bachelor oriented forum.

I have the feeling that the overall opinions will improve by the time this show ends, as these two learn on screen what isn't working in their relationship and overcome their own "issues". It does seem like they partly did this to show the public that they are a "normal" couple and not just a "showmance". At least now we learned on screen why Nikki dislikes The Public so much, due to the way strangers snoop on them and sneak photos all of the time.

What tickles me about both Juan and Jenna is that they have egos as big as the Hindenburg, love the media attention more than they care to admit and probably use too small of a mirror. Key difference: Juan was probably spoiled a bit by his family and only experienced opposition on the sports field, not elsewhere. Therefore, he is sweet and mellow ("It's OK") despite always thinking he is right. Jenn, on the other hand, had to battle with others just to get her way and seems to have forgotten that the war is over and nobody is fighting her any more. As a result, both John and Nikki are forced to be passive and allow their partners to have their own way... and they are NOT happy about it. That is sssssooooo obvious on screen. I think those two don't have THE Problem. In addition, you can see them trying very hard at the relationship. Jenna and Juan require more work and part of this involves admitting they are w-r-o-n-g sometimes.

Jenna drives me crazy.  I was telling the tv the whole time, run John run!  Scary woman and not attractive anymore.  Lifestyle can age you so much, how old is she anyway.

I do think JPG likes getting his way, and I don't think he picks up on Nikki's subtle clues of unhappiness, but what I am waiting to see is if Nikki confronts him how he will act.  Will he blow it off or try to make it better and change?  I guess for me is he just a complete egotistical bastard or is he just clueless?  I haven't really seen the answer yet.  

I know some of you hate him for dissing his "employers", but I kind of loved that.  I have seen those "employers" use and abuse people for years, so seeing him not give it was awesome to me.  I still liked the show better when the proposal wasn't mandatory, if it happened great, but after so little time together should any of these people truly be getting engaged.  Even their current great success, Sean admits that he got to know Cat after the show, that she wasn't his "soulmate" at the moment of engagement (this from his letter to Andi, if I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me).  I thought JPG was more realistic.  Love isn't a word he throws around easily, I respect that much more than those who are in love in two weeks spending less than 10 hours with the person and then are in love a month later with someone else.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:04 pm

soccermom333 wrote:

I agree Bleu.  I agree with umngirl too.  Why Nikki decided to another show when she can't even stand being asked by a fan to take a picture, is beyond me.  Juan and Nikki appear to have so many issues and it saddens me because this is suppose to be the "honeymoon" stage of their relationship.  sad

Time will tell, but not holding out too much hope for them.  I could be wrong though, and maybe Juan will turn over a new leaf.  

But is it the "honeymoon" or getting to know you? Even Sean and Cat admitted they had some fights at the beginning and had to really learn and grow together, we saw little signs of this during DWTS, but they worked through them easily. Des and Chris were seamless, so I don't know that we saw any signs of strain with them. Andi and Josh seem good but there have even been little moments for them, the going out with Kelly the night Josh gets back from a trip and Andi getting mad about fans in Athens. Again, worked through easily and quickly, but no relationship is perfect to start with and in all three cases these couples were together all the time.

Most blame JPG, but I will say, it was obvious from night one that any woman he chose was going to have to move to Miami to be with him, because of his daughter. I can't blame him for that, they knew it in advance. In the case of the other last three couples a move has happened quickly or in the case of Josh and Andi wasn't necessary. It hasn't happened yet in this case and that maybe slowing down the process. They have a new interview out about the show, you might all be interested in reading. Turns out JPG is the communicator and the one always trying to stay in touch and Nikki is having to get better at it. Nikki is also hesitant to move to Miami because of the humidity, etc. JPG can be a real jerk, but Nikki also has to learn as well.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:13 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
JBF wrote:

Jenna drives me crazy.  I was telling the tv the whole time, run John run!  Scary woman and not attractive anymore.  Lifestyle can age you so much, how old is she anyway.

I do think JPG likes getting his way, and I don't think he picks up on Nikki's subtle clues of unhappiness, but what I am waiting to see is if Nikki confronts him how he will act.  Will he blow it off or try to make it better and change?  I guess for me is he just a complete egotistical bastard or is he just clueless?  I haven't really seen the answer yet.  

I know some of you hate him for dissing his "employers", but I kind of loved that.  I have seen those "employers" use and abuse people for years, so seeing him not give it was awesome to me.  I still liked the show better when the proposal wasn't mandatory, if it happened great, but after so little time together should any of these people truly be getting engaged.  Even their current great success, Sean admits that he got to know Cat after the show, that she wasn't his "soulmate" at the moment of engagement (this from his letter to Andi, if I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me).  I thought JPG was more realistic.  Love isn't a word he throws around easily, I respect that much more than those who are in love in two weeks spending less than 10 hours with the person and then are in love a month later with someone else.

Sean doesn't believe in soulmates. So it wasn't that Cat wasn't his soulmate when he proposed, he just doesn't believe in them. And of course he got to know Cat more after they got engaged. He always says he learns more about her every day just like all couples do.

JuanPa strikes me as the kind of guy who isn't happy when he doesn't get his way. Case and point, when he wasn't picked for DWTS he decided to act like a petulant child and act out against TPTB. It was ridiculous. Which was made even more comical because he is the one who cost himself that gig so he had no one else to blame but himself yet he missed that fact.

And while Nikki may be the one who snaps back on social media, JuanPa decides to throw shade not to subtly at people in person. Maybe these two could both learn about some social etiquette.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 87b72b10 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 86669110 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 49 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 30 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita