SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 14 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:22 pm

It's the talk of the office. We are all so ticked off at these high paying ridiculous executives that make stupid decisions as well as the politicians who take credit for getting them here and use it for campaigning purposes. Where are they now, no sign of them. Very frustrating.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Yes I look at Target as an overpriced Walmart.

Went in once and quickly turned around and walked out and thought "are you kidding me?"

Terrible move to come to Canada.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm

I love Target in the US. But it sound like their Canadian prices were out of control.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:36 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I love Target in the US.  But it sound like their Canadian prices were out of control.

I only was ever in target in the US once in North Carolina. It was okay (better than Canada) but wasn't overly impressed. But I know a lot of Canadians who love love love Target in the US.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:41 pm

There is no comparison to Target US and Canada. I go to Target US in Niagara Falls NY and Florida when I'm there. I'm not crazy about Target, but there is a huge difference.

The discounts, the coupons, the sale racks, are all awesome. They placed these stores near border towns thinking they'd stop "cross border shopping" as we call it here, and in large cities that are over saturated with retail outlets. I think I read in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) alone there are 20 stores. It's going to cost them $600 million to wind these stores down.

They say it wasn't cost effective. No kidding Sherlock, when you have bare shelves and the stock you do carry is more than double of that then US prices, even when our dollar was at par, what do you think is going to happen? What a bunch of idiots.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:48 pm

LOL GA... no really tell us how you really feel! giggling giggling
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 pm

I am. laugh out loud

Our politicians in my area, for years are trying to stop cross border shopping. You can get a nights stay in Niagara Falls Canada at a hotel overlooking the falls, that normally costs $200/night for $100! dinner included! But if you're a tourist, sorry, you pay regular price.

When I see a waste of money, when there are so many people struggling it really rubs me the wrong way.

Here's an idea lower the prices. Stop the greed. Why do I need to pay $4.49 for 3 Ltrs of milk when I can get it for $1.99 at Walmart NF USA? Different cows? I will always cross border shop, so they can continue building outlet malls arena's and restaurants thanks in part to the Canadians.

deadhorse Ok I'm done! My habs won last night, I took 4 bags full of stuff to charity this morning, and Andi surfaced!
Thanks for listening!
General Chit Chat  - Page 14 2498057887

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:12 pm

I know what you mean, my sister lives in St Catharines and will always be a crossborder shopper.

I would too if I lived a bit closer to the border but I am almost 2 hours away. Enjoy the Habs, wish I could say as much for the leafs. (how thye can be the richest team in the NHL will always baffle me.) YOu cant get tickets to any game ever and if you luck out they ar minimum $300 each.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm

nikikass wrote:I know what you mean, my sister lives in St Catharines and will always be a crossborder shopper.

I would too if I lived a bit closer to the border but I am almost 2 hours away.   Enjoy the Habs, wish I could say as much for the leafs. (how thye can be the richest team in the NHL will always baffle me.) YOu cant get tickets to any game ever and if you luck out they ar minimum $300 each.

niki- you're going to get me on another roll! laugh out loud

I've never seen any more devoted fans than the Leafs. The richest team in the NHL and the fans continue to pay the absurd prices, how do they get tickets??? Try and get tickets to Habs/Sabres, impossible.

My son went to a play off game in Montreal. He was able to get crappy seats. For the cost of the tickets, the cost of getting there, the two night hotel stay, I could fly to Ft Myers and stay a week. Same with any game in Toronto, I wouldn't even think of going to TO. Parking tickets food, who can afford it.

#ItsallBettmansFault -

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Tickets are sold out for decades. Most business scoop up season tickets and they sold more seasons tickets than what they were supposed to.

You have to know somebody to get tickets and a hockey night out in Toronto will cost about $1000 no problem and for mediocre seats.
(i can only imagine the cost if they actually make it to the finals)

It certainly not a family outing that is for sure. They will always be the richest team in the NHL and they dont ever have to perform. HOw the hell did this happen???
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:53 pm

IDK - I actually rooted for them when they made the first round of play offs. There are kids who have never seen their favourite team in a play off round so I was happy, while it lasted.

If the Habs are not playing I will watch them. I always watch the Canadian teams first. I will always root for Toronto when they are playing, just not against the Habs. Smiley (If another Hab fan read this I would be stoned)

BTW I didn't know you have a sister in St Kitts!!! yes

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Too bad Target wasn't better there. I like it a lot here.  I usually shop more in the home section than anywhere else. Not a fan of Walmart. I don't get groceries at either usually because selection in the Super Target/Walmart are more limited than the stores.

When I go back to Canada I never understand why books & magazines are so much more expensive.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat