Post by Mustang19 Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

I was going to say Pee Gee hydrangea.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 72 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:25 pm

@IrelandRose oh my gosh, yes that's it! Thanks so much!

https://www.gardenia.net/plant/hydrangea-arborescens-annabelle

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:33 pm

For those who celebrate Christmas or anytime they have to get a gift, what do you get someone who doesn't need a single thing?

My mother is the most difficult person to buy for. I have several times made calendars with family pictures each month according to birthdays weddings etc in the appropriate month. Walmart does a great job, and you can do it all online.

I've run out of pictures. I've given her gift cards but that's so impersonal IMO.

I've bought so many items over the years, winter coats spring jackets winter boots sweaters housecoats and on and on. I even had a marble cutting board made. I have one and love it. I need idea's for anything different or unusual.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:47 pm

I think most moms love photos of their families so that’s always a good idea, in any form.
But those are of the present and I remember putting together an album of OLD pictures of HER family, when she was growing up, with oncles and cousins etc.
There are places now that treats and reprint older sepia or other older photos ( depending how old were talking about here  laugh out loud ) and you can choose to frame them or have an album to cherish. The older we get the more we look back to our past, and for my parents it was moving to do and shared all these memories.
Also, in a similar vein, an Ancestry or DNA testing could be fun and informative, and spark many conversations.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:03 pm

GA - both my maternal grandmother and paternal great-grandfather wrote books of their life stories. It is so interesting to read about daily life. Perhaps one of these journals that helps them direct their memories? Don't necessarily have to give it to a grandchild. But it keeps a loved one busy - especially if they can use the keyboard.
https://www.verywellfamily.com/grandparents-keepsake-books-to-give-grandchildren-1695621

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:00 pm

My dad took issue with most things I got him as he got older so I turned to the gift cards.  I also never knew what to get for Martha either. He and Martha loved Target and several different restaurants (Outback, Applebee's etc).    They loved them.  And, by getting Target they could use them in Florida or North Carolina.  The restaurant gifts cards could also be used either place.

And, my gift from him for many years was a check.  He didn't know what to get me so he gave me money to buy what I wanted.  That was way more appreciated than stuff I wouldn't use or didn't like. So I am totally on the gift card band wagon.  

As I've gotten older, I really dislike even receiving gifts. My cousin thought she was doing a nice thing and bought me a half gallon of ice cream for my birthday.  It was a flavor I absolutely can't stand. Since it was an expensive brand, I hated throwing it out so I politely gave it back to her and told her that I really did appreciate the thought but she really didn't need to give me a gift.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:56 pm

Ideas for things to give a parent (these depend on distance they live away):
A promise to call twice a week.
A visit "X" number of times a year (depending on distance, etc.).
A plane ticket to visit them.
A meal out with them once a month.
An "I'll help you" coupon for whatever you might need.
A monthly fruit/cheese basket.
Some Kona coffee (whatever kind they like).

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Does anyone live in a community that still uses plastic bags at grocery stores/ department stores etc? Or are they banned and how do you feel about either or?

I've been keeping up on the new law that comes into effect today in New York state. Since we cross the border often into Niagara Falls NY and Buffalo I've been curious to see the reaction.

We have had the plastic bag ban for I don't know how long, it's been years. I keep cloth grocery bags in my trunk. The only difficult thing is to remember to bring them in the grocery store before you get out of your car. Once you get used to that, it's second nature. They are so much better than bags for transporting from the car into the house.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:32 pm

@GuardianAngel We still have plastic bags and I wish they would ban them. I keep cloth bags on the floor of the front seat and usually have one in my purse just in case.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:42 pm

We still have them in grocery stores etc but you have to pay for them. i always use my cloth bags even at the Dollar store. They are suppose to do a total ban on bags take out containers utensils by 2021.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 pm

We still have them around here.  I just collect them in the garage and turn them in to the recycling box every couple of months.

I have a bag from Wal-Mart but I always forget to take it.  And, even if I do and don't have much, they will not put some items in the bag even if there is space.  I took it 2 trips ago because it was a light week on groceries. But because I bought windex, they didn't want to put it in the bag so pulled out a plastic bag for it.  I only had 4 things in the Wal-Mart bag and there was plenty of room.  I threw the windex in the plastic bag in the Wal-Mart bag anyways. Easier to carry into the house.

It has honestly been so long since I have shopped anywhere besides Wal-Mart or the grocery, I honestly don't know what they use!

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat

+63
HavaDrPepper
Astrobach