SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Maddy Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 am

northernviewer wrote:Again, I think it hasn't been reset to coincide with the change to Tuesday
Looks like that to me too. Smiley
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 am

Got back home and re-watched a few key scenes since I was at work the first time and watched bits and pieces. A few things I noticed:

-- Trish is just too giddy when talking about Tim in her ITM's. Her voice just squeals and it is annoying. If this was the US version and I didn't know where in the process this was, I would think she is one of those women who gets a lot of screen time to gush about the lead just before she is eliminated.

-- She seems to be the instigator in a lot of their kisses. She grabbed his head so hard at the hockey arena I thought she was going to give him whiplash.

-- When Trish talks to the camera she does a lot of goofy voices and faces and seems to talk about a lot of shallow kind of stuff. She refers to herself and her family as goofballs and acted that way during much of the date. Her mom asked her what Tim's best attribute is and she said he makes her feel special because she makes him laugh. ??? Not exactly sure that I understand that one.

-- When she tells him she is falling for him, he does say he fell for her a long time ago...and it is not a VO. He says it to her and I can see him saying that.

-- The kiss that followed was passionate and initiated by Tim, but I have to say, nevertheless, it looked kind of awkward in it's positioning as they were trying to get a hold of each other. (I wasn't the only one who thought so. The guy I was watching with...who would have much rather been watching the hockey game...actually said it as he was half watching.)

Over all, a good date but, not much substance. He got along well with her family and they had fun but, if not for that kiss and what he told her outside before he left, I would have just thought it was just okay.

Even thought I know Sachelle is gone, I found it interesting that their conversation was more substantive that the one with Trish who is in the F2. They discussed her moving and children. Her family also had a lot more questions than Trish's. Her brother reminded me of Des' brother. Very creepy stare. We also got more time with Sachelle and her date than the previous one.

-- April is the only one that he runs to and picks up and twirls and goes straight in for the kiss. He also says he needs to know that she trusts him. Found that interesting...not in the least because I know that the issue with Lisa is that he doesn't trust her.

-- He is happy that she shared her background and you could see him in protective mode as she was telling him. (Very much reminded me of Sean with Cat on the beach when she told him about her dad.)

-- She is the only one that he has his hand on her lap/leg as they are driving and her date is the only one that made him sweat...he needs to win them over. This was also the only date that I noticed Tim holding hands during dinner, while they were talking. As well, this was his most thoughtful answer when the family asked him what it was that drew him to her. (We have learned that he is a very thoughtful guy and I think that she is the only girl that I have seen bring that out in him.)

-- The way Tim talks about her..."She seems like she is more able to give herself to me", "She makes my heart melt", "In that moment, I'm falling for her...so hard", is just different than the others. It's just seems more serious, more emotional, more deeply invested.

Overall, for me, this was hands down the best date...very emotional and to me the most natural and honest. It was also the longest date.

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. Despite Tim saying he was losing sleep over the whole her kissing the other guy in Tuscany, I highly doubt he did. He could not have said that with less emotion if he tried. Same goes for Lisa. She said all the right things but, had her grumpy face on the whole time and looked like she could have cared less. She looked like she was holding back laughing at a couple of points. I thought she knew, exactly what was coming and was expecting it and she even said "I knew it".

-- Interesting point, despite not even meeting Lisa's family, this date was just as long as the one with Trish.

Trish always looks as if she is going to puke while waiting at the rose ceremonies.

Sashelle was so sweet and I really liked how all the last three ladies got along so well.

The last bit with Tim and Trish and the double entendre with the hockey stick... rotfl

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:28 am

Just finished watching this episode. No surprises - Lisa was let go before meeting Tim's family as I expected/predicted and Sachelle didn't receive a rose, also as I expected/predicted. F2 also as expected: April and Trish.

Some things I noted while watching...

Trish's HTD: 
1) Tim's biggest question regarding Tim "will the magic be maintained?". The physical connection/kissing,etc is shown in this episode. We hear them both tell the other, face to face, they are falling/fallen so Trish is now even more 'obvious' (to general viewer).
2) They definitely had a fun, flirty, goofy, relaxed, date and connection (Tim confirms this in his blog by saying he had a "blast" with her). I think Trish is someone that, because Tim can just be himself, is very easy to fall in love with, but is it that deep soul connection love? I don't see it. I do see how Trish can relate goofiness/laughing with love since that is how her family show love to one another.
3) I enjoyed seeing Trish with her family. She is a really sweet person and I can see where she gets that quirky side from. Would have prefered to see some serious questions being asked of Tim or her family really getting to know him, but even if filmed and not shown, I can see how Trish's family is just very accepting and loving and there probably was no need for anything substantive to be shown. 
4) I can see Tim knowing exactly who Trish is, that he is comfortable being himself with her (though definitely not his vulnerable side as he shows to April) and that there is no mystery or surprises with her. Trish is pretty much an open book and I am sure he could imagine what spending his life with her would be like because there is no mystery or guesswork (but I feel that is not enough for him). 
5) When Trish told Tim she was falling for him and he responded that he had 'fallen a long time ago' for her, Trish's reaction was heartbreaking in a way to see because she looked shocked (her jaw dropped) at what he said. Edit or no edit, it seemed she was even shocked by him saying this. IMO, very little has been shown during the season that would support Tim telling Trish he had fallen a long time ago. Even I was going "huh?". Not because I doubt Tim falling for her but because their arc hasn't focused on Tim falling for her, rather Trish falling for Tim. 
6) I guess my concern with Tim and Trish's edit is that there is no real arc, imo, that showed him having fallen a long time ago. The edit has been too much emphasis on fun, flirty, romance, physical connection, etc, instead of a soul, emotional, deep one and it makes it difficult to see a deep, marriage-resulting connection. Not a great edit/arc if she is F1 (even if April leaves which I doubt), though as I said episode 1, I predicted and still hold the opinion Trish is F2. 

April's HTD: 
1) Tim's biggest concern regarding April, "Will she trust him to open up" and that she was still a mystery to him (but as his blog says he was so relieved by her telling him her life story and made it all come together in such a real way - he titled the TO date as things getting real as well! Ha! His HTD and April's HTD he uses the same word in his blog "real". 
2) The physical connection is hidden in this episode (The first episode preview SC of Tim and April kissing on the boardwalk was missing from this episode as I predicted/expected.) Also hidden is Tim telling April face-to-face he has fallen for her. April is "hidden" (from general viewers, imo).
3) Once again, the trust arc of Tim and April's storyline was emphasized, heavily so on this date. April seems to take the reins a bit with Tim. I loved it when she said to him, 'Come, let's sit" and led him to sit where she talked about her past and upbringingDefinitely emotional and I could see a deeper connection being built between them.  
4) I absolutely adored April's grandmother! I teared up as she was talking about Tim and how she felt like she knew him a really long time and that her heart had a connection with his heart. It was so beautiful. It was as if she was saying exactly what I have thought regarding Tim and April. They have a silly side (playing pool) and romantic passion (we have the SC kisses) but they also seem have that deep connection that is inexplicable. Too cute when April's grandma told Tim in a round about way that she loved him and April is all, I haven't said that first yet. Haha. 
5) Especially loved when Tim talked about whether it was love like (the aunt's words) at first sight and he tells of how he knew when they first talked (that the show was about love and not a competition). Interesting how this moment matches with the FB photo of Kaylynn pointing out April and Tim talking during the first episode. April talks how crazy it is that Tim can read her so well and Tim seems to feel the same and say, it is really, really crazy.
6) Still see April as F1, barring her leaving. Wondering what happens to make her cry in Moorea and if we see it? It has to be moreso based on her own feelings because she reiterates in her blog how she wants to be crazy in love with him but is not going to rush it as the greatest loves take time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Overall Takeaway: 
1) Loved seeing both Trish and April's families in this episode, especially Trish's grandpa and April's grandma (love this woman!). 
2) Trish and Tim could definitely be together but I think there is just something *missing* between them. I almost feel like they would be settling in a way for one another... they would certainly be happy-go-lucky together in the general sense, but not in the deep, this is IT, the greatest love of my life way. 
3) April and Tim I could see as having more than attraction, fun, romance, or passion... they have an understanding, a soul connection that could truly make for a great love. And April has stated that is what she wants and she won't settle for less than that. And based on what Tim told her on their date in TO, as well as interviews, he is living his life where he seems to want that too. 

Looking forward to Tahiti! Smiley
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:28 am

Maddy wrote:
tigertiz wrote:He cries when he lets Trish go.  
I also think so! Hope he'll be more sure than Mesnick here!! Hugesmile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am pretty sure that shot is the bridge where he meets Lisa for HTD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:44 am

Why do I fee the other girls blogs are all fluff except April's? Reading the blogs over the weeks I find that April's gives an insight into how a relationship is developing. I don't get the same insight reading any of the other girl's blogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am

AllAboutLove, great post... do I need to add that I see it like you? Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 am

sophienette wrote:AllAboutLove, great post... do I need to add that I see it like you? Smiley

Aww thanks! :frommeto Yah, it really is interesting how the obvious (Trish) vs hidden/doubt (April) is what is generally viewed. I guess we are all looking for things not so obvious. Haha. Doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right, just as long as whomever he chooses (if he does) and F1 says yes, and they are still together, then it will be a lovely story either way.

Loved this moment the most...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though I like her, and definitely have always seen her as F1, I have been a bit ambivalent towards April but her HTD was so moving and made me understand so much more about her! Her saying her grandmother's love for her is unconditional and how that ties into what she said she is looking for regarding love when she was on her date with Tim in TO was so sweet. She obviously never had that with her parents and that changes a person. I admire April's strength and the bond she has with her family and yaya. So beautiful! Tim would be so blessed to have in-laws such as hers! (Trish's were super sweet too, particularly the grandpa).

What struck me about April's HTD was realizing how difficult it was/is for her to say her dad died from partying. Most people say cancer, or an accident, etc but 'partying' has so many layers to it because it reveals how little she mattered to her dad or parents as a  child, where partying was more important (even if addiction, that is hard to understand as a child that it is not a parental choice). The effects of that made me realise why she doesn't like to party and may have something to do with why we have no pics of April out and about partying after WTA. (Granted, being with Tim can still fit in with this as well). It also, imo, has a lot to do with her reaction towards Lisa being drunk. I bet that was actually very scary for April to witness and makes so much sense why she felt almost traumatised by the idea of Tim keeping someone like that around. She said in her post RC video that she was reassured that he let her go.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:16 am

I didn't follow all week. Next week is the WTA? Are there 2 or 3 girls left? Is Lisa still there?

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:35 am

nutty1 wrote:I didn't follow all week. Next week is the WTA? Are there 2 or 3 girls left? Is Lisa still there?

He sent Lisa home before meeting her family and Sachelle home at the rose ceremony. Just April and Trish are left. WTA next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 am

Maddy wrote:
northernviewer wrote:Again, I think it hasn't been reset to coincide with the change to Tuesday
Looks like that to me too. Smiley

Still can't vote and when you open Bach can app it still advertises Thursday at 8 , although the live chat does say Tuesday.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelkat Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 am

Hello everyone, 1st timer here. I'm from Trinidad & Tobago.

Northernviewer, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed those finer details (Car scenes/gear shift moments). It just goes to show that sometimes ACTIONS do definitely speak louder than WORDS.

I knew it from the 1st meeting with Tim and April and those SPARKS, which nearly took an eye out affraid that she would definitely be a Frontrunner.

APRIL, IMO is the F1. And if she isn't, I'm sending Tim an airline ticket to Trinidad just so I can kick his ass back home.....KIDDING?? deadhorse :cutesmile!:

KEL Trinidad ah born Trinidad ah come from KAT
Kelkat
Kelkat

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:26 am

Kelkat wrote:Hello everyone, 1st timer here. I'm from Trinidad & Tobago.

Northernviewer, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed those finer details (Car scenes/gear shift moments). It just goes to show that sometimes ACTIONS do definitely speak louder than WORDS.

I knew it from the 1st meeting with Tim and April and those SPARKS, which nearly took an eye out affraid that she would definitely be a Frontrunner.

APRIL, IMO is the F1. And if she isn't, I'm sending Tim an airline ticket to Trinidad just so I can kick his ass back home.....KIDDING?? deadhorse :cutesmile!:

Welcome to our site handwave :WAVEY: 👋

Yes, the finer details is whats showing us a real romance unfolding.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Episode 7 - Oct 28 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+19
Kelkat
nutty1
AllAboutLove
4health
Brill