SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 69 of 82 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Page 69 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:56 pm

@mercieme He obtained an electrical engineering degree and it was on his LinkedIn page which is now deleted. He also had photos on his SM of him graduating but he has since deleted those photos as well as quite a few other photos as they had his family (mom) in them.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Page 69 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by EmmK Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:05 pm

@AllAboutLove, so essentially Sam in the end will be choosing between two engineers who come from separated families, love their moms & families and are both successful. I made a post in the beginning of this series saying that I had an impression Sasha and Richie were similar, but they share more in common than I thought. Interesting! Richie is always saying nice things, but it seems like he would have a lot more to share with the public. Why is then Channel 10 not showing us all these other dimensions?

EmmK

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:08 pm

EmmK wrote:@AllAboutLove, so essentially Sam in the end will be choosing between two engineers who come from separated families, love their moms & families and are both successful. I made a post in the beginning of this series saying that I had an impression Sasha and Richie were similar, but they share more in common than I thought. Interesting! Richie is always saying nice things, but it seems like he would have a lot more to share with the public. Why is then Channel 10 not showing us all these other dimensions?

:yes: Very similar.

But here's the kicker: one is Sam's physical type (Sasha) and one is not Sam's physical type (Richie).

We actually have seen a lot about Richie considering he hasn't even had a single date yet. He narrates more than any other guy so far and always doing VO at rose ceremonies. We immediately learned about Richie's childhood and past relationships during his SQT with Sam in a hottub. We were able to learn all the same things (childhood and past relationship) about Sasha because of his single date. So in fact, Richie has already touched on the same subject matter and perhaps not as deeply but he has already touched on it and it was edited to be shown to viewers and the thing is that Richie hasn't even had his date yet.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks AAL, glad to know more info about Richie, it's easier to "understand" him that way.

OT, talking about the alpha male ... I googled it ... and "interestingly" ... the images that pop out are:
- James Bond
- and a man who never doubts/questions himself

So what does that mean? - He beliefs to be righteous and upstanding? ... With no flaws ... no fault is ever his? ... Dominant and assertive...

BTW, J. Bond is a lone-wolf character. What an irony.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmK Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:16 pm

@AllAboutLove, ok thanks for sharing your research. After all you've learned, I think you'd be able to make an "educated guess" so to speak. Do you think Richie will win ?

EmmK

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm

My opinion is that Sam has dated more of athlete types that are far better looking than Sasha in the past. Physically Sasha maybe her type but in the looks department he is just not up there with the guys that she has been associated with in the past IMO. I just watched the first episode & I was really surprised of her reaction to Sasha so maybe she felt something deeper for Sasha beyond the physical like she did with Blake who is not even as good looking as Sash IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 pm

@HGL haha... That's too funny about James Bond and alpha definitions. I personally define a man by his character but what I was trying to do was see how most public viewers define man and it is not a stretch for me to know that it is based on physicality first and foremost no matter how it is tried to be stated otherwise...

To me, any guy who is respectful, responsible, takes care of others, is accomplished and confident in himself so he need not question his own self-worth no matter if he "wins" is a man. That's what I love about Richie. He may be more shy with Sam but that is because he genuinely likes her. However, he still doesn't take anything as being less than or sees himself as less than just because he may not "win". That's a very mature approach and if he is F2 his SM post-show only reinforces that he is someone who supports others no matter what so it isn't about winning but about being self-less. Richie really is #CoolBananas

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:35 pm

happygolucky wrote:AAL ... I think I understand your point.

I also think there's a distinction in the interpretation of the "alpha male" by different people.

The same as when we discussed the "wolf pack" mentality and Nick vs. Shawn during Kaitlyn's season.

I guess for me personally the difference is in the confidence and ego, but even that is tricky ... because it differs in different areas.

For example, one guy might feel confident and overly satisfied with himself - in appearance - and therefor he doesn't feel the need to change ... that guy usually has a difficulty to accept the criticism and other people's different opinion ... and here the ego plays a huge part, creating the barrier to the personal growth and understanding of the diversity ... but at the same time ... to me all of that speaks that a guy has some insecurities rooted deep down and is compensating them with the physical approach ... which often it happens to define the "alpha male".

But interestingly ... this kinda guy needs the "pack" to define his own worth (and place).

While on the other hand there's a guy who is more open with his own insecurities and more in-touch with his own vulnerable side ... and is willing to learn, change, challenge himself ... and may not appear confident or "manly" to some ... therefor often not described as the "alpha male" ... but the power of his courage to face the change and the desire for his personal growth is rooted in his self-worth.

And for me ... that guy is much more of an alpha (although I believe by the definition he's not) ... because he can survive on his own.

So - I believe the core = essence of a man is what makes me define A Man.
I prefer the latter. (no wonder I adore Nick)
I also prefer the latter. Which is why I like Richie.

The alpha theme is interesting because in Ep 4, Sam said that the blue team was all the "alpha males".

Well... that shows how Sam herself viewed the guys (Sasha as alpha) and what Sam said about and to Richie spoke volumes:
1) In ITM she said Richie was incredibly sexy and just "dominated" (so she viewed his alpha side then).
2) During SQT with the whole group she asked the red team if they had done competitive sports and Richie said he had and Sam said she figured he must have because she "remembered you telling me at a Cocktail party that you are competitive" and so she paid attention to this side of him since she said she remembered him talking about it and shows she likes the more alpha side.

But the way that Richie is when it comes to being alpha/competitive speaks to the type of man Richie is and was demonstrated when Richie was a team captain for the dodgeball game:
1) Richie chose those who were seen as "dorks" by Davey and "weak" by Sasha (their own words and show how Davey and Sasha saw red team).
2) Richie was a true leader because where others saw weakness, Richie saw strength.

And guess what? Richie's team whom Davey said were dorks and Sasha said had weakness, they won.
Richie showed insight and that he places value into who people are... sees their strengths where others see weakness. 
That's really awesome, imo.

(I also loved that Richie can march to his own drum and like the recent OK magazine article said about Richie, he is someone who doesn't care if he comes across as awkward because he would rather be himself/genuine. Sounds familiar, eh?  :Nod:)
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:22 pm

I complete agree AAL. And whilst they are all manly they are manly in different ways. I see Davey, Dave and Sasha as very similar in their manly type of way and I see Alex, Richie and Kayne as very similar in a different manly kind of way, with my preference being the later. Sometimes I think that being a man means that you are confident enough to show tenderness and that is such a wonderful quality. I wonder what type of man Sam wants???
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by marysegap Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Well ladies there is also the other side of the coin because sounds like the extreme ULTRA ALPHA MAN could also be very BAD!… imagine a bully, arrogant and considered douche... :uptonogood Hugesmile

But, now seriously, the fact that I  personally call one a MAN The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Page 69 2498057887 , does not say that to me the others are less of a man.  I think in general the whole group of guys are worthy guys> And in my opinion the only 2 I found a little ( :babies: ) bit immature were Davey and Kayne and they are both younger ( around 25 ) so .. it is reasonable that they behave like younger men.

Last edited by marysegap on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
marysegap
marysegap

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Indeed. Manly ways are different and it just comes down to preference. :yes:
I prefer the latter way of being manly (the Richie way if you will).
My hubby is like that so it is no surprise that I prefer that type of manliness where being caring, compassionate, kind, respectful, etc are seen as manly since my my hubby's heart and brain and career are, imo, the things which make him more manly than just physical appearance.
I find it interesting because I do think our own personal preferences skew the lens a bit on what we prefer or define to be manly.
There's no right or wrong way at all. yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 pm

^100% AAL, my husband is a 'Richie'. And might I add after our first date I told my mother I would marry him. And many, many years later we are still 100% rock solid. Love can hit you in the face so immediately. That's why I'm not counting anyone out at this point. So excited to see how it plays out. I will be happy for her either way
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 82 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 75 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Australia - Sam Frost - Season 1 - Social Media - Media - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+44
caitlinharper
SpaceMonkeyMafia
Aunties_Love
Emilia23_12
Mella13
Quane
natik
mindless
bellehuntley
EmmK
Sundy