SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 5 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambecca - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Since we are digging into clues, I spent some time reviewing Chris S' PEOPLE magazine blogs and discovered the following:

Whitney: (mentioned in blog 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8) – 7 out of 8 blogs for 1507 words written about her
Becca: (mentioned in blog 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8) – 5 out of 8 blogs for 997 words

The F1 is generally always mentioned in blog 1 but I know that might not bother some of you. However, this might give you pause ...

Becca's edit (IMO) has been either hidden or a bit one dimensional with her being "the virgin" with intimacy issues. Well, Chris seems to be promoting that concept in his blogs as well.

In four of his blogs that mention Becca, Chris (or ABC's PR team) writes about Becca in a promotional way to encourage ongoing viewing. In three of those mentions, her secret about her virginity is the focus:

Week 4 blog: “Becca and I had a great chat and felt an instant connection, and that was the moment I knew she was going to be around for a long time. Spoiler? Stay tuned.”

Week 6 blog: “Our connection was real, and it was strong. Now, at this point watching, Becca has told you all that she's a virgin. But keep in mind that's not something she had told me. You'll have to keep watching for a while to see how that unfolds!”

Week 7 (last paragraph): Things definitely come to a head tomorrow, so you'll have to tune in to find out what happens. Also tomorrow, I head to the remaining four women's hometowns. How will I react to Jade's scandalous past? Will Becca tell me her secret? And whose family doesn't give me their blessing? It's all happening tomorrow night!

Week 8 (last paragraph): “Next week, I go to beautiful Bali with Becca, Whitney and Kaitlyn. Will Becca reveal her secret to me? Will we go to the fantasy suite together? Will anyone turn down the fantasy suite? How do I say goodbye to a woman I'm falling in love with? You'll have to tune in to find out.”

He never once mentions Whitney as a "stay tuned" type of one dimensional character in the show in any of his blogs.

Also interesting to note ...

week 8 blog strongest words about Whitney:

Later that night, hearing Whitney say she'd fallen in love with me reminded me why I embarked on this journey. The past couple of weeks had been so hard and so heart-wrenching, but hearing Whitney say those words made everything worth it.

week 8 blog strongest words about Becca

What you don't know is that day with Becca's family was actually her birthday! I had given her a gift (a necklace and bracelets), and that's why I set up that special Ferris wheel ride. Becca had told me the state fair was in town and how much she loved it, so I arranged to go there after it closed, to take her on a special birthday ride. I'm not going to lie, it was one of the most romantic moments of my life, and in that moment, Becca did not seem scared of intimacy.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

teambecca - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Litta123 Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks, MVMom! Interesting point about Becca being used in a promotional sense. If she's not F1...and if there's an #unexpectedtwist as hinted by some SM posts, does she turn down Chris...or pull out of the running? Could she be in line for Bachelorette? Nothing in my questions are meant to diminish Whitney as F1. Just pondering #unexpectedtwist if the meaning is being directed at the spoilers...which I can't be sure that it is. Pure speculation.

However, I will agree; the blogs tilt in Whitney's favor.

teambecca - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Litta123 wrote:Thanks, MVMom! Interesting point about Becca being used in a promotional sense. If she's not F1...and if there's an #unexpectedtwist as hinted by some SM posts, does she turn down Chris...or pull out of the running? Could she be in line for Bachelorette? Nothing in my questions are meant to diminish Whitney as F1. Just pondering #unexpectedtwist if the meaning is being directed at the spoilers...which I can't be sure that it is. Pure speculation.

However, I will agree; the blogs tilt in Whitney's favor.

I agree with this and it is the "unexpectedtwist that has me questioning too. I also think there is a strong possibility that she pulls out. This would account for her being final 2 and being so happy. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Max64 wrote:I just don't see how Becca could be F1 given her edit/story line.  There has been very little time shown with Chris and Becca.  Her second 1-1 date was only 4 minutes!  I suppose anything is possible but I just feel it's a way to boost up her story line so we're doing exactly what we are, questioning the spoilers. :Nod:  

This is where I am at too. I really like Becca though. I love how she is who she is and does not try to be someone she is not. She is definitely making Louisiana proud. Smiley
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 pm

#unexpectedtwist 
Someone other than Becca saying no to the FS?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Who tweeted the unexpected twist? I totally missed it.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54 pm

^^^ It was a hashtag from her good friend. (I think it was a friend and not a family member but correct me if I am wrong.)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:12 pm

bean, I've seen it twice on IG. Once Becca used it in a comment on her good friend's IG post...the one when she is seen wearing THE necklace, posted on December 22nd. This is Becca's comment. (crystal_fagley)

beccatilley5 You know what would have made this picture better? A coordinates bracelet. Bam. That happened... Or didnt. #unexpectedtwist #STATEMENTnecklace

The second time the same friend used in her caption on her own post from February 2nd. (crystal_fagley)

teambecca - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC -  F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 5 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:48 pm

As for blogs the two seasons where RS was wrong or closest to wrong Brad2.0 and Des, how did the blogs look then? Like everything else TPTB has final control over CS's blogs too. Making them follow the spoiler line would not be surprising. The slip of talking about Whitney in present tense and Becca in past tense means more to me.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Thanks, Litta. No idea what that means.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Maybe I am too simple minded but I read the "unexpected twist" to refer to the fact that she received the bracelets in addition to the necklace as a birthday gift.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:15 am

stuckinsc wrote:As for blogs the two seasons where RS was wrong or closest to wrong Brad2.0 and Des, how did the blogs look then? Like everything else TPTB has final control over CS's blogs too. Making them follow the spoiler line would not be surprising. The slip of talking about Whitney in present tense and Becca in past tense means more to me.

I didn't do blog comparison's for Brad 2.0 but I did for Des. She first mentioned Chris in blog 1 but did not mention Brooks until blog 2. Emily also mentioned her f1 Jef in blog 1 but waited until blog 3 to mention Arie. Ashley first mentioned JP in blog 2 and Ben got a first mention in blog 4. I did not follow guys as closely but for some reason, I THINK that Sean did a good job of working Cat into his blogs even though she was getting so very little screen time.

Rather than just focus on quantity of words, I took another look at the quality of Chris references to his F2 and noted that below. IMO he seems to know Whitney better whereas his comments about Becca, in many instances, do not show a deeper understanding of who she is as a person. See what you think ... btw, adding the full side by side comparison in the blog thread.

How CS has described Whitney and his time with her

-Talking to Whitney was definitely a highlight
-impressed me with her beauty and poise
-loved Whitney's spontaneity
-showed me that she lives in the moment.  
-did a great job mingling and keeping our story in line
-She's so friendly and everyone got along with her
-we totally tore it up on the dance floor
-surprised watching Whitney and Ashley I.'s interactions. Seeing it now, I'm even happier that I gave Whitney the rose
-Whitney couldn't have been cuter
-my friends LOVED her. They were really grilling her, and asking tough questions, and that girl handled it like a pro.
-She really amazed me with her poise and her honesty. That woman knocked it out of the park.
-Whitney really opened up to me about her family and her difficult past
-she had faced such adversity in her life because of how strong she is
-I wanted to be strong for her and hearing her talk so fondly of her mother made me realize where she got her strength
-that girl always has something up her sleeve for me.
-Whitney looked damn sexy in those scrubs. Even sexier was how smart she is and how passionate she is about what she does.
-I could tell how proud she is of her career, and it's really remarkable that she completes people's families for a living

How CS has described Becca and his time with her
-Spending the day on horseback with Becca was fun and easy
-I couldn't believe how calm she was. That, my friends, is one strong woman.
-explained why she was slower moving than the other women
-partially worried me about her future ability to fall in love, there was something special about thinking I could be the first person she fell in love with.
-The bayou was almost as beautiful as Becca
-But if it came down to it, I would wrestle a gator, a bear – hell, I might even throw down with Hulk Hogan to protect Becca
-After meeting them I could see why Becca is such a special person.
-Hearing from Becca's sister, Katie, that Becca was not an intimate person definitely worried me
-in that moment, Becca did not seem scared of intimacy

How CS has described his relationship with Whitney
-That night Whitney and I really took our relationship to another level. Being able to show Whitney the mural and see the look on her face was incredible. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

-I knew how strong Whitney's feelings were for me, and it caught me off guard that her sister refused to give her blessing.

-I would have loved to have received her blessing, but it didn't affect my feelings for Whitney.

-Later that night, hearing Whitney say she'd fallen in love with me reminded me why I embarked on this journey. The past couple of weeks had been so hard and so heart-wrenching, but hearing Whitney say those words made everything worth it

How CS has described his relationship with Becca

-respected her decision to take things slowly

-And I wanted to solidify that by giving her the group rose. I really wanted her to know that I was willing to earn her affection, and take things at a slower pace with her.

-Becca and I had a great chat and felt an instant connection, and that was the moment I knew she was going to be around for a long time.

-That kiss solidified everything I already knew. Our connection was real, and it was strong.  

-I know I just had a one-on-one with Becca in Deadwood, but it catapulted our relationship forward, and I wanted to build on that momentum.

-hanging with her in my loft felt so normal.

-that afternoon with Becca was really enlightening for me, in two ways. For one, it reinforced the feelings I thought I had for her. I honestly started falling for her in a real way that day.

-Becca's whole family was awesome, and meeting them definitely moved our relationship to another level.

-But my feelings for Becca outweighed all of my concerns.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 75 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - FD- LCD - FRC - F1/2/3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+86
nutty1
Peppermom
SliverofHope
vivi2
Fleurdesel
gvaughn65
pavalygurl
lipsis
mercieme
kfreebie
Pia1