SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 59 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by emusha Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 am

I think Blake is so much more slimy than this guy -- Blake was on a WHOLE other level imho...but whether both of the were on it for the fame and just playing along -- we'll see I guess.

As I've said before, I felt like the chemistry from Art's side was forced with Mathilda and they seemed to be playing along together for some reason... it was bizzare watching their body language for the kiss
in. It is important to remember this is a TV show. Art and his response about the girl he wants "fun" "won't stand in the way of art's very rich social like aka his friends" sounds very unserious when it comes to the stuff they talk about on the show of him wanting to find his wife... at the most I think he wants someone to date -- I mean even BAusS1's "in love" couple hasn't gotten married yet!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 am

emusha wrote:I think Blake is so much more slimy than this guy -- Blake was on a WHOLE other level imho...but whether both of the were on it for the fame and just playing along -- we'll see I guess.

As I've said before, I felt like the chemistry from Art's side was forced with Mathilda and they seemed to be playing along together for some reason... it was bizzare watching their body language for the kiss
in. It is important to remember this is a TV show. Art and his response about the girl he wants "fun" "won't stand in the way of art's very rich social like aka his friends" sounds very unserious when it comes to the stuff they talk about on the show of him wanting to find his wife... at the most I think he wants someone to date -- I mean even BAusS1's "in love" couple hasn't gotten married yet!

To be fair to him, he kissed his F6 which isnt that many. He has also said clearly, on camera, that he was excited that he might have a girlfriend in a couple of weeks. he never said Fiancée that i can remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 pm

So Matilda exchanged tweets with Jane & Duncan from the fantasy suit podcast. She basically has told them she will bring cupcakes for them & then she exchanged "cake jokes" with them. My favorite from Jane to Matilda was "I've grown rather 'fondant' of you" & Matilda sent one to them saying "I am gonna tiramisu guys when this is all over". There are other hilarious exchanges between Matilda & Jane. I bet Matilda will be on their podcast with cupcakes for real when this is all over Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 59 3806527698

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:48 pm

emusha wrote:I think Blake is so much more slimy than this guy -- Blake was on a WHOLE other level imho...but whether both of the were on it for the fame and just playing along -- we'll see I guess.

this NZ season for me is a young adults aka prom aka GF/BF. I do not see any sexual chemistry whatsoever. The only girl I felt a bit more mature was chrystal and the girls earlier in the season. If you listen art intro carfuly he wishes to find "somebody that does not take things seriously" "ready to have kids and married in 5 years" (which is 26+5=31 which is as per katiebelle the average age people get married in NZ). The guy wish to have fun, to party with his frinds (confirmed by himself and his mom)... there NOTHING that show me he is a mature guy who wish to meet is one and only. For him, it is clear that the show offered 21 girls on a plate, he tasted them and finally had to pick one because it is in his contract.

Is he the youngest lead we had all franchises included?

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:18 pm

HEA wrote:
this NZ season for me is a young adults aka prom aka GF/BF. I do not see any sexual chemistry whatsoever. The only girl I felt a bit more mature was chrystal and the girls earlier in the season. If you listen art intro carfuly he wishes to find "somebody that does not take things seriously" "ready to have kids and married in 5 years" (which is 26+5=31 which is as per katiebelle the average age people get married in NZ). The guy wish to have fun, to party with his frinds (confirmed by himself and his mom)... there NOTHING that show me he is a mature guy who wish to meet is one and only. For him, it is clear that the show offered 21 girls on a plate, he tasted them and finally had to pick one because it is in his contract.

I'm sort of feeling the same way. Especially after learning the age group that are watching. If getting engaged and getting married were his objective for going on the show, even if he wants to date first, that's fine. However I don't see, maybe I missed it, where he tells the viewers those are his long term plans. It seem's girlfriend is what he wants. Maybe he's being realistic but I think viewers want to see an engagement, love story, marriage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:23 pm

HEA wrote:

totally agree with you it's def a different show from the others in this franchise much more young -- the gravity of the dates and the fanfare and circumstance don't seem to fit that overall impression we get from the show...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:36 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
HEA wrote:

I'm sort of feeling the same way. Especially after learning the age group that are watching. If getting engaged and getting married were his objective for going on the show, even if he wants to date first, that's fine. However I don't see, maybe I missed it, where he tells the viewers those are his long term plans. It seem's girlfriend is what he wants. Maybe he's being realistic but I think viewers want to see an engagement, love story, marriage.

he said it clearly on interviews that he is looking for a girlfriend with a potential to build something.
I am fine with this but it does not make an exciting show for me.
I guess because the GF/BF looks a bit childish for me. This put me decades before and I was sure not serious when I had a boyfriend, never occurred to me to think marriage. The seriousness came when I started to live with the person after months/years.

Yes the love at first sight before 26, married a week later (and still together decades after) happens but out of 1000 how many have/had this luck? In normal life it is difficult, in TB franchise? after the spotlights are gone?

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:45 pm

based on what Dylan said during the interview and i thought it was very perceptive - people who really go into this kind of "production" and come out with someone serious usually have had a lot of life experience that has clarified for them what they want and they feel ready to make that decision in a very short period of time
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm

I will differ a bit here & give the producers props for giving a show that caters to the NZ demographics that would be interested in the show. After all they need to make money off the show which is the main reason for producers creating the show in the first place. It's not really about us that are out of the viewing zone & are used to a certain format, no point selling a fake love story or engagement that the NZ viewers don't identify with.

I don't have an issue with Art or any of the contestants for the most part and I have quite enjoyed watching them all. One criticism I have is the post show SM rumors but then again it's due to the young age group that Katiebelle told us is mostly watching the show in NZ.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:02 pm

I agree in principle mercieme but i don't think what they ended up creating i.e. a show that actually caters to that younger audience is not what we're watching JMHO
I do think if they wanted to cater to a young crowd they could be much less "production heavy" and exciting -- I find the constant droning on and deliberation between the women tiresome -- the endless footage of conversations in the house about upcoming dates, conversations amongst the women during the CP about what the other girls are doing, the length of time given for cocktail parties vs. dates. I find that all boring and I doubt the younger demographic finds it any less so. I liked what BachAus S2 did for instantance with bringing in a stylist to update the looks of the bettes last season  -- and I would think a younger group could enjoy a younger feel for the dates and the format as well as just the aesthetic... JMHO that is...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Emusha you make really good points especially on the approach they have taken to make the show "production heavy" & the focus on the cocktail party which AAL has correctly deduced as another date on its own.

I also thought the format would not work on the younger demographics but lo & behold it is working for some odd reason. I have read that the ratings have been climbing for the show & the producers have hit a home run. SM is also bananas, you won't believe how much folks are posting about looking forward to the show weekly & everyone has a source that has confirmed the winner to them. All these is why I gave props to the producers doing their work upfront to identify the demographics they are going after.

I am just glad it will all unfold in about 2 weeks or so but I am not holding my breath for a super romantic finale though I am hoping Art & his final lady will be interviewd post show.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:28 pm

I agree that this franchise is made for NZ first.
It seems to me also that NZ are more traditionalist regarding relationship and demonstrating physical feelings is not the norm.
The bachelor franchise offer a TV reality show based on fairytale... meaning prince charming and princess ready to compete his heart. For a young girl of 15-20, a guy who is around 25 is still young enough so they can find him not only attractive but "affordable".
If they picked a guy over 30-35, then the fans age would have changed, the GF/BF would not be mentioned and we all believe in the fiancé.
They wanted to include midde aged with danielle 35years when we all knew that arthur was definitely not into mature women.

we are all biased here because we watched many seasons and this NZ is definitely one for young adults not for mature women fans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 79 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+23
staceymnz
Spoil Me Again
sara11
Katiebelle
Linds911
emusha
nutty1
robinvi
Aunties_Love
Diana
mindless