SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 36 of 70 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 36 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by julychild Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Spencer81 wrote:I think Chris ready to check out and go back to a normal life.  His face looked disappointed.  

He may be disappointing in the scores but he is faaaaar from ready to go. The way he begs and pleads for votes on SM....

julychild

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 36 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Rolly wrote:

I think Chris must continue to get audience votes so they are extra hard on him. If he goes before PL and SS this show is obviously rigged..... what am I thinking, of course it is rigged. Clearly he was never gonna win this competition but he isn't at the bottom of the dancers remaining.

I don't think the show is "rigged" in a traditional sense, because it is a game show with a cash award, so I think that there are pretty strict and enforced rules in play, when it comes to counting votes. The judges do whatever they can to sway the votes on who their favorites are and who they think isn't working hard enough, but I wouldn't really consider that to be rigged. In the past, some of best dancers have lost because they just weren't as popular as the other contestants (like Stacey Kiebler). I think that Chris will make it as far as Sean did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:05 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Rolly wrote:

I think Chris must continue to get audience votes so they are extra hard on him. If he goes before PL and SS this show is obviously rigged..... what am I thinking, of course it is rigged. Clearly he was never gonna win this competition but he isn't at the bottom of the dancers remaining.

I don't think the show is "rigged" in a traditional sense, because it is a game show with a cash award, so I think that there are pretty strict and enforced rules in play, when it comes to counting votes. The judges do whatever they can to sway the votes on who their favorites are and who they think isn't working hard enough, but I wouldn't really consider that to be rigged. In the past, some of best dancers have lost because they just weren't as popular as the other contestants (like Stacey Kiebler). I think that Chris will make it as far as Sean did.

When I say rigged i mean the judges manipulate the results. If they actually count audience votes that come in, the way the judges sway the results is to be easy or hard on a contestant to balance out audience votes. I think they have been easier on Patti and Suzanne and been hard on Chris...JMO. I think Chris is a better dancer than both of them. Chris, the Shark and the Vet are right in the same ballpark as far as skill level if you ask me. PL should be the one to go next week.

I still don't know how anyone thinks Julianne can be an impartial judge with her brother and cousin as dancers.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 pm

I'm really confused. I didn't get to watch the show tonight and some people all over Chris's instagram said Chris and Witney kissed during their routine? True or are people just blowing smoke?

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:28 pm

a hot mess wrote:I'm really confused. I didn't get to watch the show tonight and some people all over Chris's instagram said Chris and Witney kissed during their routine? True or are people just blowing smoke?
I would classify it more as a "buss": cheek to corner of the mouth kiss. Like you give your g'ma or a girl cousin/sister/long lost friend.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:45 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Rolly wrote:

They also artificially inflate people's safety with scores they don't deserve if they might not be getting the fan votes (Willow and Mark last week IMO) also last season they magically gave Janel immunity for a week that a lot of people thought she might be going home.
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:49 pm

i havent watched all season but someone told me that chris was an azz and made his partner witney cry.. true??

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:00 am

^^ He did snap at her and she did cry. It was rude. He apologized and Witney does cry every season. I personally kinda see why he snapped since she kept arguing with him when he wasn't understanding, etc but he should have been much calmer with her.

Also, looking at scores I don't think Chris will go home next week. He's beating Robert by 3 points and Chris still hasn't been voted out when he has twice had the lowest scores.

ETA: you can watch the package and dance here: Week 5 package and dance
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfangal Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:29 am

After watching episode after episode of Chris dancing with Witney, it is becoming obvious that she is the wrong partner for Chris. True, Chris is a total amateur and even lacks the musicality, but he is obviously driven and hard-working. Witney is pretty, bubbly and charismatic, but she lacks the maturity to teach a novice. Their heights alone are a total mismatch, making Chris lose his posture and awkward.

The production of the dance tonight is so dull and boring compared to all others. That says a lot about Witney's lack of creativity. It was supposed to be the most fun of all the weeks, but their dance lacks the energy (sure Chris must be hurting, so that could be a factor)

If Chris was partnered with a Cheryl Burke, I truly think he would be doing so much better. JMHO.

He kind of looked disappointed that he was not booted, or totally didnt mind if he was. He also looks a bit indifferent and lacking the enthusiasm about the judges' comments and scores. I  almost felt bad for him that he will be going through this again.

bachfangal

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 am

If SM activity is anything to go by, then it appears as if Witney is over it. She didn't post anything about tonight, and didn't do her usual "vote for us" tweets/IG post, after the show. Some of the pros don't rally for votes, but Witney typically does.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:48 am

^^^ Good Post I agree Bachfan

I think Suzanne, Patti and Chris would not mind one bit going home and SS got her wish. I think the way judges were a bit nicer this week with Chris that PL actually requested going anytime..

His snap was unfortunate but I  have to say all we have heard is what a good, kind and genuine guy he is. I suspect as noted above that Witney is sweet but a bit youthful as a teacher.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 am

When do they usually switch partners? Read somewhere they do this. Does that happen every year? (my first year watching) It'd be interesting to see how Chris does with someone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 70 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 53 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers