SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 68 of 69 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 68 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by nan27 Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Shyster wrote:Jaclyn's voice and laugh were too loud.  Her physical moves were too aggressive.  She invaded his personal space more than usual.  He was intimidated and went back to the basement for some peace and quiet.   I was intimidated by her actions, and I fight it out in courtrooms every day.
I have a totally different POV.  I found Jaclyn to be a ray of sunshine.  You say "loud."  I say "bubbly."  You say "aggressive."  I say "expressive."  

They were married,*************edited**********  Apparently, Ryan overlooked his longing for his basement bungalow and his invasion of personal space long enough to have sex with Jaclyn.  

I suppose that I take issue ***edited***because I am an older version of Jaclyn.  Yes, I am sure that I intimidated a lot of men.  Those were not the men that I was looking to marry.  I met and married a wonderful, caring, successful and conservative man who loves my personality and intelligence.

It can and will happen for Jaclyn, too.  There is no doubt in my mind.

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 68 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by anOldBMW Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:32 am

Ryan closed the Twitter account he was using since MAFS premiered. Regarding Jaclyn being too loud, maybe to some and not to others. I guess the show wouldn't be any good if 15 minutes into meeting for the first time the husband tells the wife, hey I'm not that into you.

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:35 am

Well I hardly condemn Ryan R for going to bed with her.He did not force her, he was cool, patient and accepted the "friend zone".

Maybe the "real reality" hit him...."just not that into you". He seemed very bothered when she ordered dinner for him, who knows what else happened? Hey sometimes people have sex and find their hopes were misplaced, there are many intangible and personal reasons. No "magic" , no connection.

While fans may "love" Jac, apparently Ryan R did not, I don't think he should force himself. I think she is hurt, but things happen, people break up, they move on. He was not hurtful or hateful, did not threaten or abuse. Maybe he didn't try cause he just wasn't "feeling" it?

I do agree with OldBMW - the producers may have pushed him to stay and shown what they wanted to show. The Australian version was more realistic - when one of the "grooms' wanted to end it, they let him end it on camera. The couple had not had sex, he just was not into her, didn't see any future. I think the US version was all about the show

stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachy Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:42 am

Ryan still could have been his own man I think (like Brad Womack), not a popular decision but an honest one. In my opinion, Ryan should not have done the little proposal in the kitchen, should not have said he wanted to stay married at six weeks (because he didn't) and should not have implied that he wanted to try again after six months (because he didn't). Jaclyn looked so sad on that car ride in for the six week decision, she knew his heart wasn't in it. I believe that she was prepared to want a divorce, and then he said he wanted to stay married.
Beachy
Beachy

Female Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Beachy wrote:Ryan still could have been his own man I think (like Brad Womack), not a popular decision but an honest one. In my opinion, Ryan should not have done the little proposal in the kitchen, should not have said he wanted to stay married at six weeks (because he didn't) and should not have implied that he wanted to try again after six months (because he didn't).  Jaclyn looked so sad on that car ride in for the six week decision, she knew his heart wasn't in it.  I believe that she was prepared to want a divorce, and then he said he wanted to stay married.

None of us "know" but it seemed as if he was "into" her on New Years.....they were having fun, getting to the physical part, but then?

Things happen. I have watched reality tv for years, especially every "romance" show....why only hold Ryan R to that standard ? Brad Womack was hated and reviled, yet look how many of the "romances" failed, and we often learned later were fake

Look at all the Bachelors who didn't even "try">> Travis Stork was a prime example..and he used it to springboard into the Doctors show.

I think Ryan R and Jac were under a lot of producer pressure to give an impression of "couple" so that the season had a semi success story for the "6 month follow up". They were the most "viable".

Hey it is 2015...people hook up, it doesn't work out....people decide to break up with a partner, spouse.
Not every couple is a good "fit"...I don't think we should hold Ryan R to such a high standard while still watching Bachelor and other shows..'

My personal thought on this is - RyanR was attracted to his beautiful new wife, "hot' for her...probably hurt by her thoughts on his looks
(repeated by the producers over and over)....he was a gentleman, stayed in the "friend" buddy zone (DUDE)...
Jac came to see the good points about him and came "around" and they had some romance over New Years..

but then....the reality of being with an aggressive, "outgoing" and yes LOUD partner was not to his liking. People have different comfort levels.
I think he was trying to back off , he came out and said it...he was a gentleman and stopped the sexual part....my guess is that much of the stay together was pushed by the show. He knew this was not the woman he wanted to be with, raise a family build a future.

It is easy to push the "basement dweller" idea but really I think he just didn't fall in love. Now shall we hold every Bachelor to this standard? If we did there would be no more shows...JMO
stillhoping
stillhoping

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:40 pm

I personally do not watch "The Bachelor."  Now, that I know that this show is at least as fake, if not more so, I won't be watching it, either.  That's just me, though.  I still can't shake the feeling that these women (and the viewing audience) were unknowingly duped.  I think that the old saying of 'Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me!" applies here! ;)

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:01 pm

I though this was the real deal. Yeah I know I was suckered in. But, that is the reason I watched to start with. I was fascinated from a Socilogical perspective and saw this as a modern, even somewhat scientific approach to old school mstchmaking or arranged marriage. The last few weeks have been eye opening. I am done with the entire franchise now. Disgusted and so done.

:yes:  The previous is entirely the humble opinion of the writer :yes:
WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by Raingirl Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:33 pm

I was suckered into this show too duh and won't be watching any additional seasons. I thought it might be a genuine experiment with "experts" vetting the participants because Dr. Schwartz'a name was attached. She is a well known professor locally so it never occurred to me she would get involved in a TV program that wasn't legit.

I also work with young people from India and know a bit about how their arranged marriages work so thought it would be interesting to compare that to marriages arranged by "experts". What a joke this whole thing is.

Raingirl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjaney78 Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:01 pm

JMO, but there is nothing wrong with Jac! She's a confident, strong, sassy, smart young woman. And quite frankly, given the way this whole thing went down, I am terribly sorry for criticizing Davina (mostly for her social media usage during the season). These ladies were probably extremely frustrated and put in a horrible spot. Their social media behavior makes a lot more sense now. We don't know everything that went down- and I can only imagine that the reality was far, far worse than the small slice that we got. Quite frankly, the women got the shaft- they were sold a bill of goods by the producers that was an outright lie. The men this season were horrible- I would call them dogs, but I don't want to insult such fine animals! I really am outraged for all of them. I hope they stick together and sue. And I don't care if we don't get a third season of this show. This season was an epic fail. This show is different from the bachelor and ette in that these contestants get legally married, so there is a higher level of responsibility to vet these candidates. Which did not happen for the men this season- and that is wrong. Just my opinion.

crazyjaney78

Back to top Go down

Post by WatcheronWall Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Great Post Crazyjaney78 ETA - it was a no win situation for the woman from the start and nothing any of them could have done would have changed that IMHO

:yes:  The previous is entirely the humble opinion of the writer :yes:
WatcheronWall
WatcheronWall

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

JMO....the 2nd, 3rd of any series is less "innocent" than the first. I don't think they have the righ to sue.....maybe the producers should get them annulments

Nothing "wrong" with Jac...but nothing says that someone is going to fall in love with her, obviously Ryan R did not.

Despite the "social experiment" label, anyone who watched this knows it is not a true documentary. The women knew this. Jac and Davina did not seem to be wannabe models like jessica but they all knew of the perks, the money paid by this show

They will get paid to do other things, interviews, and I fear we will see more of them pushing themselves at any opportunity. I have come to question the motives of the "couples" from season one the more I see how much they are paid per episode, after finding out Doug was a wanna be comedian...watching Jamie try to be a tv presenter or whatever....yuck

I actually liked jac but I don't want to see her on more reality shows or make a career of this. I am sick of retread reality "stars".
stillhoping
stillhoping

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:17 am

Ryan's twitter account is back up and he is now claiming he didn't feed her cat because production lived with them and they were going to do so. Hmm. Why would production live there while Ryan and Jaclyn were away.Rolling Eyes

They all seem like messy people to me. Jaclyn is retweeting and favorting things about getting her own tv show. no no

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 69 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan Ranellone and Jaclyn Methuen - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+114
Quote_Me
Boomshakalaka
sunchick116
stillhoping
tireman4
KallMeKaptious
LMR6862
ahaden
CynicalSofty
sherrie714
TheEyesHaveIt