SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:06 pm

emusha wrote:

THEN the switch is flipped

You can go back a couple of pages for what I'm describing I've pulled social media posts and descriptions on the abc website but the latest CH blog post, US weekly article are all in line with this. K has been consistent with a very positive image of Nick from the onset -- explaining his reasons as being cos he has strong feelings for her and even mentioning that he left work and got a 1 way plane ticket so K's stance has stayed the same. It's tptb view that's changed. It's very clear to me that before last week around when we first got a glimpse of the US Weekly article (in the media no discussion thread) they decided to go a different route! I'm still sooo confused why... curious to hear others thoughts on this including why it might be cos I really think tbtb has an agenda or they won't be doing this just to be nice...the curious thing is it's after airing began so could it be based on audience reaction?? but what aspect of it...

IMO the TPTB subscribe to the advice that "if they're running you out of town on a rail, go to the head of the pack and make like you're leading a parade." I've seen them do this before. On Jason's season, after he had broken up with Melissa but before anyone knew what had happened and before RS spoiled what had happened, CH wrote a column that was overall rather complimentary of Jason saying (among other things) that what Jason did took b***s. Fleiss added shortly after that that "they seem quite happy - I hear wedding bells in the future". But that tune changed once the spoiler broke and public opinion swung sharply away from Jason and towards Melissa and the show more or left Jason to feed the hungry wolves with little or no support.

IMO TPTB often misjudge aspects of how viewers will see some of their machinations and they will alter their position to support public opinion rather than try to change it - especially if public opinion is strong.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by JBF Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm

happygolucky wrote:
JBF wrote:***snipped*** Shawn in particular lacks "wow" factor on screen... all the more reason why he appears F1-ish to me. The ones off the market are often edited as the least interesting.
:yes: I thought because of my bias that I'm not interested in him, or because there is "history" with Nick that brings a whole other dimension to this season, but I guess I'm not alone in thinking that.

Oh I am sure Shawn is a very nice guy, if not half as funny in PI sessions as Mister Polka Dots. When he is seated with her, I am more focused on HER anyway. When he gave her his smelly T-shirt, she resembled a panther in heat.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:26 pm

JBF wrote:Again... many will not agree with me, but I see Nick more of a candidate for next Bach than any of the other guys, except maybe Ben Z. (and partly because he has a favorable following here). If anything, none of us would be bored with a season of Nick, regardless of how it ends. Shawn in particular lacks "wow" factor on screen... all the more reason why he appears F1-ish to me. The ones off the market are often edited as the least interesting. I like Jared, but he and Chris are so "on" all the time with stock lines delivered on cue. The other Ben hasn't gotten much screen time. Hope everybody gets more story material later.

If Nick does become Bach, I hope they include a guest appearance by John Lithgow... just so I can figure out something that has bugged me.

cantstopl

If Nick is the next lead that is another season with one of Andi's cast offs that I can happily skip.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Interesting I am not a movie buff but the reference to shawn resembling Ryan gosling at the end of the movie what happy did the girl leave the character and chose someone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:28 pm

JBF wrote:
happygolucky wrote:
JBF wrote:***snipped***  Shawn in particular lacks "wow" factor on screen... all the more reason why he appears F1-ish to me. The ones off the market are often edited as the least interesting.
:yes: I thought because of my bias that I'm not interested in him, or because there is "history" with Nick that brings a whole other dimension to this season, but I guess I'm not alone in thinking that.

Oh I am sure Shawn is a very nice guy, if not half as funny in PI sessions as Mister Polka Dots. When he is seated with her, I am more focused on HER anyway. When he gave her his smelly T-shirt, she resembled a panther in heat.

In heat like how Ali was in heat with Roberto and we know how that end if Frank had stick around roberto would be second.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Oh yes, the Ali Cat.

Could be... ha ha! After she splits with Shawn, she can date somebody who resembles Nick.

Like I said, I will try my best to be open to both guys, but I am struggling.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:51 pm

JBF wrote:Oh yes, the Ali Cat.

Could be... ha ha! After she splits with Shawn, she can date somebody who resembles Nick.

Like I said, I will try my best to be open to both guys, but I am struggling.

cantstopl . Stop. Please.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:53 pm

JBF wrote:Oh I am sure Shawn is a very nice guy, if not half as funny in PI sessions as Mister Polka Dots....
Oh, I agree, from his IG pics he seems a nice guy (or maybe I just have a weakness for guys who love big dogs) ... just the edit is making him dull - so far from what I've gathered, maybe with his 1:1 things change.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:55 pm

happygolucky wrote:
JBF wrote:Oh I am sure Shawn is a very nice guy, if not half as funny in PI sessions as Mister Polka Dots....
Oh, I agree, from his IG pics he seems a nice guy (or maybe I just have a weakness for guys who love big dogs) ... just the edit is making him dull - so far from what I've gathered, maybe with his 1:1 things change.
I seriously think this is what Kait needs, not necessarily Shawn perse, but someone chill and confident that can roll with the punches with her but won't steal her spotlight because she will be the star in the relationship and he needs to be audience. JMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm not saying that what we see is Shawn, as if I would perceive him as a dull person, but the edit is not portraying him in depth, which is the usual edit for F1, as JBF wrote.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Alanna wrote:
happygolucky wrote:
I seriously think this is what Kait needs, not necessarily Shawn perse, but someone chill and confident that can roll with the punches with her but won't steal her spotlight because she will be the star in the relationship and he needs to be audience. JMO.
I agree.I think that is why Trista and Ryan has worked!JMO
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:51 pm

JBF wrote:Again... many will not agree with me, but I see Nick more of a candidate for next Bach than any of the other guys, except maybe Ben Z. (and partly because he has a favorable following here). If anything, none of us would be bored with a season of Nick, regardless of how it ends. Shawn in particular lacks "wow" factor on screen... all the more reason why he appears F1-ish to me. The ones off the market are often edited as the least interesting. I like Jared, but he and Chris are so "on" all the time with stock lines delivered on cue. The other Ben hasn't gotten much screen time. Hope everybody gets more story material later.

If Nick does become Bach, I hope they include a guest appearance by John Lithgow... just so I can figure out something that has bugged me.

I have wondered if this was the plan from the beginning or midway, if she clearly was teamshawn and friendzoned Nick. I just saw Jurassic World and something about Chris Pratt reminds me of Nick, NOT Spencer Pratt. However, they do not always go with interesting. I thought CS was dull as Dirt. They tend to go with traditionally handsome, bland, bachelors. Too bad. I like my men with edge.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+39
vivi2
hdman
sparkler
nutty1
officeRules
umngirl
ironcat
Hotmomma
happygolucky
Lucas15
AllAboutLove