SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by kimberlyg Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:11 pm

KB_Mom wrote:I'm not afraid of birds but I'd pretend so Ben Z could protect  me. giggling

Me too Smiley.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by agentcurls Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:24 pm

I'm trying to recall how often F1s have had "hand-holding" & other "intimate gestures" camera close-ups with the leads.

I seem to remember Jillian's Ed, Roberto, Emily (during Brad), & J.P. getting those. Memory is foggy and haven't tuned in to the past few seasons, so I'm not sure this is a valid editing point, but thought I would throw it out there.

Shawn has gotten the hand-holding camera close-up this past episode. Maybe we will see more.

Just thought I would chime in
**crickets**

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:35 pm

agentcurls wrote:I'm trying to recall how often F1s have had "hand-holding" & other "intimate gestures" camera close-ups with the leads.

I seem to remember Jillian's Ed, Roberto, Emily (during Brad), & J.P. getting those. Memory is foggy and haven't tuned in to the past few seasons, so I'm not sure this is a valid editing point, but thought I would throw it out there.

Shawn has gotten the hand-holding camera close-up this past episode. Maybe we will see more.

Just thought I would chime in
**crickets**

If you are a Shawn fan and hoping he is F1, then you don't want to see more of those. I have been on the lookout for the constant hand-holding close ups in the last couple of seasons, and can tell you factually that it is now something reserved for the F2. Lindsay, Drew, Nick 1.0, Becca, all got it and guess were they ended...

...Unless, of course they go back to the old ways this season.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:15 am

^ Agree with JC. Hand-holding (h-h) closeups seem like a very F2 thing. The edit for CS's season with his F2, Becca, focused a lot on their hand movements and made it seem like C was going to pick B but didn't happen.

... If Nick also gets h-h and Shawn gets more h-h... well... I guess we can figure out why they are F2.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 am

I never even noticed their hand movements. I think we read way too much into trivial details including SM.  JMHO.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Shawn might not be F1, but he is the only one fitting for me right now.

In Yee Olden Daze, I used to think there was a clear-cut "final one" edit... but it gets too complicated trying to find a "cookie cutter" pattern.

I always think they recycle the same "plots" season after season, but simply shuffle the storyboard index cards on the bulletin board. They may throw us some curve-balls by having a future dumpee get a F1-ish kind of date or a bigger fantasy suite bed. Obviously, we can't go by every repeat stunt. Yet each time you feel a sense of déjà vu (haven't I seen something like this previously?), you have to decide if it is a "sign" or simply a "red herring" to make us think it is a "sign" because somebody-in-charge has been reading these messageboards.

I kinda view Mister Cupcake and the two Bens as nice gentlemen who look like they will accept rejection well as long as they get good edits. Ben H. and Jared were split between Kait and Britt that first episode, so that probably rules them out as finalists, since the "Lets recap your journey" montage in later shows must not display any indecision at the start. Unfortunately, I am not seeing "IT" between them and Kaitlyn, but this could be a case of not squinting my eyes hard enough.

Cupcake got some hot kissing in episode 2 (or Tuesday's show 1 1/2), but there was an audience watching him (and not Shawn) and even Harrison claimed that Shawn's kiss was better on his blog.

Shawn may be dull to watch on screen (for some of us), but she did seem pretty giddy over him. There is a definite difference in her attitude pre-Shawn-arrival and post-Shawn... and here is what was especially interesting: Britt commented about all of it on screen, saying Kait is awkward during the first half of the limo arrivals, then accusing her of wanting the 'ette role too much after she zoomed into the mansion right after Shawn. Also we had Britt even being jealous! "Wow. I liked him a lot. He came here wishing it was Kaitlyn, which is his prerogative of course. He's allowed to think that. He's allowed to say that... um... but it doesn't feel great."

Per Kaitlyn, "Shawn gives me the feeling that I was looking for tonight". Well... she says this BEFORE Cupcake, so maybe Cupcake makes her forget Shawn later? I would think she would have said much the same later with him.

Also there was a reason the editors had both K & S say they believe in "love at first sight" in separate PI sessions in episode 1. Why? If they split at some point in this "journey", is it because he gets run over by a sumo wrestler and she has to pick-up-the-pieces and move on? Whether or not some coaching was involved (and Shawn wasn't the only guy saying it), they made a point of including those lines. Also... if he's the one getting all of the nookie with her before fantasy date time, we have our "excuse".

Of course, the whole "we had sex" line in the promos is a bit of frankenbyte that other guys may not have heard from her. Her behavior in interviews like the ET one suggest that there is no shame in her game. She actually seems rather proud of it. Just guilty for "tasting the goods" too early... assuming she was instructed that good-things-come-to-gals-who-wait. Heck, maybe she is on the nest, knitting booties already?

The only "issue" with Shawn in episode 3/4 was whether or not the feelings he had on night one were a fluke since he didn't have a date that first week and was on a group date. Yet she gave him the rose, so he got his answer. Jay-Pee just got a flip-coin kiss in Ashley's.

Shawn reminds me, personality-wise, of a hybrid between Catherine (Lowe) and Prince Siegfried in that he is OK being in the background while the Drama Kings and Queens take center stage.

Kaitlyn (deleted scene):

Honestly, like, the fact that Shawn gave me his T-shirt, his favorite T-shirt that smells like him... to sleep in!! I'm, like, Oh Gawd! Huh! This isn't even fair being forced to wait this long before I can have more than the shirt to sleep with. (blubbering voice-over) This is so romantic! And I can't really describe it. It was perfect.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:05 am

I was debating whether to "recap" this last episode or not.

It just seemed so... recycled. Fell asleep during the parts not involving JJ and visiting Ashley S. (not that I can remember anything specific). Otherwise, there was plenty of "Look! It is the ball used on New Years Day! Look! The Statue of Liberty!" Had to read the Entertainment Weekly recap "Nick at Night" since there was plenty I missed with drooping eyes. http://www.ew.com/recap/the-bachelorette-season-11-episode-5

Love the opening paragraph: "You know what I find enjoyable? How Clint’s facial expression literally never changes. Is he mad? Is he happy? Is he sane? We will never know! And you know what, I appreciate that. Thank you, Clint, for adding a dash of mystery to this season. Now get out of here."

I guess they HAD to have a hip hop date... and a Broadway Aladdin date. Sometimes I wonder if Mister Cupcake is hoping for more money in either the modeling business or daytime soaps rather than dentistry. Everything he says is so... well... polished. He is clearly a very nice guy, but I ain't exactly warming up to him. I know... I should be severely punished for not awing him like I should. He may the next Bachelor, after all. Unless a petition starts now for Ben Z., whom I am starting to like more... since he has a following here. Ha ha! Maybe if enough "avatar" shots of him populate this forum, the snoopers from Fleiss & Co. will notice.

One thing I will say in favor of Jared's date. Even though it was obvious that they were reading cue cards, the Met looked mighty nice on screen. I don't think that location was as fun as Kasey and Ali's romp among the dinosaurs and blue whale models of the American Museum of Natural History, but the lighting in the Egyptian room looked pretty impressive. Naturally his date, including The Ride, gets plenty of coverage in the seasonal promo since this is what they sell every season: places to promote for traveling.

About the Nick "drama".

I wonder what a body language expert would say about his PI sessions. That guy constantly shakes his head "no" when he talks. Now... let's say that he is playing a "role" (and is getting extra $$$$ on the side, not that I am suggesting that happened but we have to think of every possibility). Maybe a coach/handler/lawyer instructs them to do that over key speeches that involve some degree of "fibbing". I dunno what to make of it.

She definitely likes him and acts all animated and bouncy. Yet does she like him more than Desie loved Brooks, Ali loved Frankie and Ashley loved Bentley? I mean... they were hardly "dating" pre-show. As usual, we get all of the wide eyes and constant giggles... if not trying to hide her face away from the camera like she does with Shawn. The camera is always "on". They even zoomed in on the kissing, just like they did with Emily and Arieeee (but with less saliva on display).

I dunno... maybe Nick is our F1. Or not. When she mentioned to the guys that his inclusion may not impact "what we have", the camera stayed focused on Shawn... as if her relationship with him would not suffer one way or the other. Whatever that means.

I would vote for Nick as next Bachelor, since we will definitely NOT have a boring season like this one.

Oh well... at least they keep giving us a "to be continued".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 am

JMO JBF but I read K statement that Nick joining may not impact what we have, then focus on Shawn the opposite way- that Nick joining does impact whatever it is Shawn and K had. Shawn seemed an early front runner- FIR, love at first sight etc. Seems imo they are setting up Nick as the foiler\spoiler of the K and Shawn early connection. Although imo Shawn only sticks around to F2 to set up his Bach backstory, if RS spoiler that Nick and Shawn are F2 is true, I can see the season playing out with K's angst over early connection with Shawn versus the chemistry\lust\connection with Nick.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 am

Could be. I would have to re-watch it all more closely. You never know what to expect with these silly shows. We also never know the real motives of the Bachelor/ette. Sometimes they are on this show for other reasons besides l-u-v.

Once we get more footage of her with Nick on screen, possible video montages for youtube could be in order? We can compare BL. I don't see "IT" as much with Nick yet... but he only just arrived, so who knows?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 am

While I see a definite attraction to Nick I do wonder at the over emphasized editing that they are using. Perhaps it is also to setup the sex so that the viewers are left in no doubt that she really digs him.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 am

JBF wrote:I wonder what a body language expert would say about his PI sessions. That guy constantly shakes his head "no" when he talks.

changingminds.org wrote:Shaking the head when saying something positive is a negative signal and may indicate the person does not believe what they are saying.

KB_Mom wrote:JMO JBF but  I read K statement that Nick joining may not impact what we have, then focus on Shawn the opposite way- that Nick joining does impact whatever it is Shawn and K had.  Shawn seemed an early front runner- FIR, love at first sight etc.  Seems imo they are setting up Nick as the foiler\spoiler of the K and Shawn early connection. Although imo Shawn only sticks around to F2 to set up his Bach backstory, if RS spoiler that Nick and Shawn are F2 is true, I can see the season playing out with K's angst over early connection with Shawn versus the chemistry\lust\connection with Nick.

KB_Mom I took this more like you did - that the focus on Shawn after the statement indicates that Nick's return does impact existing relationships - most notably her relationship with Shawn and it was a way the edit could highlight this.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 am

Here is my whole problem with this season. Kaitlyn is a bad actress.

Juan Pablo, Andi and even Prince Farming were quite polished, probably because they had more experience on camera. Their seasons were more confusing in determining whom each was "chasing" (although it was obvious that Juan greatly enjoyed Clare Bear in their short time together).

With Nick, I just saw a lot of OVER-acting or OVER-excitement coming out of Kait, much like Desiree with Brooks*.

Now... there are two ways to look at this. Maybe she really is THAT horny at the sight of him. OR... she is trying too hard to give them the show they want. Of course, I would have to see Kaitlyn OFF this show in the "real world" and see how she acts "normally", but I am feeling the latter... right now. Again, he only just arrived, so we will just have to see.

The Nick attraction, whether it is all real or partly performed, IS working successfully... if you read the comments to the EW recap I linked above. Many casual viewers who don't nit-pick the footage like we do here see her as a female Juan already.

Per Chris Harrison's yahoo blog.. ha ha!

You can really cut this season in half, life before Nick and life after Nick. For better or for worse we’re all living in a post Nick world now, people.

.. and further down. Is Harrison really serious?

As soon as I saw her eyes light up when Kaitlyn met Nick, I knew it was over. It was also apparent to me that Nick knew he was in. He was playing the situation perfectly; he didn’t press too hard, but just hard enough to let Kaitlyn know he was serious. It was a forgone conclusion that we were all going to be in a post-Nick world once again very soon.

*... and OVER-dramatized when Brooks left, making All Of America think Chris Siegfried was a "default" F1 despite how much "heat" we saw previously between them all season long. I can only imagine how a last-moment boo-hoo incident involving Nick could convince All Of America of the same if Shawn winds up a "default" F1. Didn't somebody suggest that Desie would still wind up with Brooks in the end?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+39
vivi2
hdman
sparkler
nutty1
officeRules
umngirl
ironcat
Hotmomma
happygolucky
Lucas15
AllAboutLove