SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by ironcat Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:46 am

I don't know, I just don't see them looking at Nick now as a Bachelor candidate.  He has a sizable contingent here who like him, but I've not seen much support of him elsewhere, and a lot of (blown out of proportion) outrage.  I suppose anything is possible, and fans can be fickle, so despite the setup that lends itself to another "Nick as villain" edit, perhaps his being an outcast, compounded by Kaitlyn rejecting his proposal (if that is indeed what happens) will make him more sympathetic in viewers' eyes and those who are not fans will turn into admirers by the end of this.  If that happens, I agree he would make a great lead.  I for one would like to see what this alleged serious "mojo" he has with women is all about.

I agree with Lucas that the producers don't try to influence public opinion as much as they try to follow what viewers are thinking and join in the cheering/mocking.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:42 am

I don't think he will be getting a villian edit anymore, that now will be kaitlyn cross to bear unfortunately. If he is the bachelor I would not miss an episode but we all know he wont be doing it because by the time this one ends he might have found his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:52 am

I agree with Ironcat.
The "love/support" for Nick that we can read here on this forum is not proportional with the dislike in the world outside. There is a huge Bach-audience that just doesn't like Nick. There is even some media press that continues to run him over for things he did/said and I don't see any possibility for them to change their tune. He has a bit more media support from TB-family, probably going along with TPTB edit (if they wanted to make us believe that he has any chance with Kaitlyn, so that the Shawn-romance wouldn't be too obvious), but overall he is still despised and categorized as a player, sleazy/creepy seducer, so those perceptions are hard to brake, when they were given so much time&material.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:28 pm

happygolucky wrote:I agree with Ironcat.
The "love/support" for Nick that we can read here on this forum is not proportional with the dislike in the world outside. There is a huge Bach-audience that just doesn't like Nick. There is even some media press that continues to run him over for things he did/said and I don't see any possibility for them to change their tune. He has a bit more media support from TB-family, probably going along with TPTB edit (if they wanted to make us believe that he has any chance with Kaitlyn, so that the Shawn-romance wouldn't be too obvious), but overall he is still despised and categorized as a player, sleazy/creepy seducer, so those perceptions are hard to brake, when they were given so much time&material.

I agree with IC as well. That disproportional love here versus hate elsewhere is - as of right now - based on Nick's first appearance on the first season he was on. From the indications in some preview clips and from some of the things said by CH (in his role as mouthpiece for TPTB) they question his motives (120%) and how he carries himself in this environment. IMO Nick isn't going to get a cleansing edit this time around either so there will then be two seasons of the series that will probably increase the dislike in the world outside. That would make a season with Nick as lead unlikely. Nick may garner some sympathy from a proposal and rejection but it's also possible that the outside world could see that as getting what he had coming to him - it all depends on how they edit him and they will do that however they wish.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:30 pm

I now think because of what went down last night the might give him a good edit and might even give him the bachelor

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I don't know that there's any way that they could edit him enough to make him a viable Bachelor candidate. The only way would be to travel back in time and re-edit how he was portrayed last season. Too many people will remember that edit over whatever edit he is given this season. Plus, he's involved in too much drama this season. And if he is sex guy, that defintiely won't be helping the cause at all.

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 87b72b10 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 86669110 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 pm

I disagree. I think that the edit to make him a viable candidate would be extremely easy for TPTB to do, if they wished to. They have two seasons worth of Nick's comments to choose from, editing tricks and choice of music will easily sway the general audience. They can bend public perception almost anyway they wish- they have done it before. (Brokeback Bachelors? Seriously?)

If you really want to start picking viable candidates this early, Nick has an amazing back story. He is successful. He is also technically more current than someone such as Josh, who has now been out of the franchise limelight since Chris S' premiere.

Love him or hate him, he would bring ratings. Ask yourself, do TPTB like high ratings? Of course they do. Regardless of how much support he has on mainstream media, there are lots of fans and those who are not fans who know his name.

From the current crop of guys, I would love to see Ben H. Definately not Chris the dentist, because of his somewhat 'plastic' persona. The dentist just doesn't do anything for me. Other than Ben H, I don't see any viable candidates left to return since Shawn is busy.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:28 pm

I agree they can give Nick a great edit, but they won't, IMO. And I doubt he will ever be The Bachelor.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:34 pm

TPTB also like leads who are well-liked. IMO, Nick has too much negative from last season that people remember for him to be the lead next season, not to mention more potential for negative edit this season. And unless they overhaul the edit for this season, he's most likely headed for another villain-y type edit this season. TPTB's isn't in the business of making villain types the lead. I can't remember a single lead who would be classified as that other than potentially Brad for 2.0 but he was a last ditch effort and they did a major overhaul on people's perceptions of him from the moment he was announced as the lead again. But many still look back at him fondly and as someone who is liked.

Bottom line, I don't think TPTB have any plans to make him the next lead when there are several other more viable contenders. JMO

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 87b72b10 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 86669110 The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:35 pm

I don't think he would do it, either. I think that TPTB will be wanting him, though. Badly.

Whatever editing they choose to give him, the ending is going to be extremely uncomfortable to watch for some viewers.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Why would TPTB want Nick? Nearly all of Twitter and Facebook loathe him. He was relatively harmless this last episode and everyone was still hating on him. The audience doesn't forget. Plus, there are other guys this season that will be given more favorable edits than him. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:45 pm

They'd have to work hard to give him a stellar edit to change even some people's mind. After the Josh and Andi breakup, I thought maybe people wouldn't be so hard on Nick. But man, SM is relentless.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+39
vivi2
hdman
sparkler
nutty1
officeRules
umngirl
ironcat
Hotmomma
happygolucky
Lucas15
AllAboutLove