SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 3 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lievta Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi gang! hi Coming out of lurkdom for a moment to ask a question:

Do any of you think this show will ever go back to the early days when it at least seemed like the lead and contestants were there to find love?

I know that sounds naive, but I really miss not being jaded by knowing either TPTB's rabid pursuit of angst and drama for ratings or that the lead/suitors could just be there for their (extended?) 15 minutes of fame are the primary engines of this show. It hasn't been so long ago that we had Ashley & JP, Sean & Cat and Des & Chris, so I hope we'll still get seasons like those. It seems to me that this season has been edited towards those of us who know the spoiled ending. I mean, I pretty much watch every season but, like some of you, I have no sense of who Kaitlyn's suitors are. I'm only rooting for Jared because I'm from RI and we've NEVER had a contestant make it past the M&G!  :yes:

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by IrishGal Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Welcomeparty!  Lievta!   I like Jared a lot too...I spent my early childhood in RI.  It's a lovely state.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:13 pm

How sweet of you to say, IG! Thank you! yes

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Lievta wrote:Hi gang! hi Coming out of lurkdom for a moment to ask a question:

Do any of you think this show will ever go back to the early days when it at least seemed like the lead and contestants were there to find love?

I know that sounds naive, but I really miss not being jaded by knowing either TPTB's rabid pursuit of angst and drama for ratings or that the lead/suitors could just be there for their (extended?) 15 minutes of fame are the primary engines of this show. It hasn't been so long ago that we had Ashley & JP, Sean & Cat and Des & Chris, so I hope we'll still get seasons like those. It seems to me that this season has been edited towards those of us who know the spoiled ending. I mean, I pretty much watch every season but, like some of you, I have no sense of who Kaitlyn's suitors are. I'm only rooting for Jared because I'm from RI and we've NEVER had a contestant make it past the M&G!  :yes:

I don't think the producers will ever stop with the gimmicks they put in place, or the show will take itself as seriously as it did in the earlier years, partly because of the influence of social media and partly because even they can't ignore their now lengthy horrendous track record in making actual matches. And ratings have indicated that the viewing audience will tune in for a train wreck.  That said, I do believe that they take their cues, as far as editing, from the lead's personality and behavior (which tend to set the tone for the behavior of the contestants in the house), and whether or not they actually feel like they are witnessing something sincere, which I suspect they did NOT this season from the get go.  If they cast more "serious" leads, like Ashley, Sean or Des, who actually find suitable partners at the end, I think we will get a better overall edit and more of a "love story".

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjaney78 Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:53 pm

ironcat wrote:
Lievta wrote:Hi gang! hi Coming out of lurkdom for a moment to ask a question:

I don't think the producers will ever stop with the gimmicks they put in place, or the show will take itself as seriously as it did in the earlier years, partly because of the influence of social media and partly because even they can't ignore their horrendous track record in making actual matches. And ratings have indicated that the viewing audience will tune in for a train wreck.  That said, I do believe that they take their cues, as far as editing, from the lead's personality and behavior (which tend to set the tone for the behavior of the contestants in the house), and whether or not they actually feel like they are witnessing something sincere, which I suspect they did NOT this season from the get go.  If they cast more "serious" leads, like Ashley, Sean or Des, who actually find suitable partners at the end, I think we will get a better overall edit and more of a "love story".
That's the thing- what's the chance of them casting another Ashley, Sean, or Des? A snowball's chance in Hades!
The last few leads have been a total joke. Let's rewind the tape, shall we? We got the much reviled Juan Pablo (although I gotta give him credit where credit is due for sticking it to TPTB- but boy did he pay for it- he is still the butt of jokes around the franchise and is much hated.) Then we got MeAndi-viewership went down her season because she was just not likeable. Then "prince farming" Chris who couldn't string a coherent sentence together if his life and his cows depended on it...and now "You can plow the "f--- outta my field anytime" Kaitlyn. I think the precedent has been set and TPTB are taking this to sleazeville.

crazyjaney78

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:43 pm

For those of you in the know, is the show edited right up until the season starts or are they editing each episode as the show is airing?

I'm asking because (and maybe this is common knowledge on the boards from the pros here) it seems to me that when the lead either doesn't end up choosing someone or it's clear they're not on the show to find love, what we see of the process is pretty shallow. There are antics of all kinds (contestants who refuse to go home, lots of making out, bare Sumo-bottoms & ding-dongs) and lots of made-up drama ("Brokeback" bromances, last-moment inclusion of previous-season suitors, I-slept-with-one-of-the-guys-and-I-made-a-mistake, etc.), but no substance of any kind. I mean, aside from some folks watching to see what happens with the Nick storyline, is anyone here engrossed in this season? I know I'm not (and I WANTED to be!) Redfacemad

For Pity's Sake! If there isn't going to be a love match this season, at LEAST give me a good show! Maybe I'll get that with BIP2?... no idea

Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:55 pm

crazyjaney78 wrote: (snipped)
That's the thing- what's the chance of them casting another Ashley, Sean, or Des? A snowball's chance in Hades!  
The last few leads have been a total joke.  Let's rewind the tape, shall we?  We got the much reviled Juan Pablo (although I gotta give him credit where credit is due for sticking it to TPTB- but boy did he pay for it- he is still the butt of jokes around the franchise and is much hated.)  Then we got MeAndi-viewership went down her season because she was just not likeable.  Then "prince farming" Chris who couldn't string a coherent sentence together if his life and his cows depended on it...and now "You can plow the "f--- outta my field anytime" Kaitlyn.  I think the precedent has been set and TPTB are taking this to sleazeville.  
Hahahah crazyjaney... hi
What a list of contenders.... your observations and summaries of each 'winner' are a snarkers dream and simply hilarious!!!
PLEASE carry on!! yes giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:37 pm

I stopped watching Ash H season about the 4th or 5th episode. I could not take her whining and crying another moment about Bentley. It went on for weeks. With his nasty hateful ITM about Ashley...it was just too much to keep seeing her dig an endless hole with him and lo and behold, JP came to the rescue and I have heard many say its their favorite season ever...not mine because I couldn't watch TPTB sail that ship another week. All this to say, you never really can be sure how things play out until it does.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:55 pm

I'll add one more thing about K. I see confidence in who she is as a person but I don't see confidence in how she views herself in relationships. I think she needs that warrior she spoke of to carry them esp initially. Now I want to see if she found him. (Her warrior not ours)

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:59 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:I'll add one more thing about K. I see confidence in who she is as a person but I don't see confidence in how she views herself in relationships. I think she needs that warrior she spoke of to carry them esp initially. Now I want to see if she found him. (Her warrior not ours)
ITA. Essentially, she needs the JP to her Ash to do the heavy lifting in the relationship before she can "get there" and then I'm sure it can equalize out once they're stable/committed. There is only one though and he's already wayyyyyy taken, husband-ed and dad-ed up.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:46 pm

I liked Nick, but I don't see how this can go well.  I was actually hoping the worst drama would be over after Clint leaves or gets sent home or whatever happens.

And I know there is always some stupid scandal or issue, but I would prefer it be relevant to Kaitlyn at least...you know, because it is the Bachelorette.  It seemed like the Ryan, Kupah, Tony, Clint and JJ drama did not really have anything to do with her.  I find it harder to watch guy drama than girl drama.
Pandora
Pandora

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjaney78 Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 pm

SueSt wrote:
crazyjaney78 wrote: (snipped)
The last few leads have been a total joke.  Let's rewind the tape, shall we?  We got the much reviled Juan Pablo (although I gotta give him credit where credit is due for sticking it to TPTB- but boy did he pay for it- he is still the butt of jokes around the franchise and is much hated.)  Then we got MeAndi-viewership went down her season because she was just not likeable.  Then "prince farming" Chris who couldn't string a coherent sentence together if his life and his cows depended on it...and now "You can plow the "f--- outta my field anytime" Kaitlyn.  I think the precedent has been set and TPTB are taking this to sleazeville.  
Hahahah crazyjaney... hi
What a list of contenders.... your observations and summaries of each 'winner' are a snarkers dream and simply hilarious!!!
PLEASE carry on!!  yes giggling
Aww...Thank you very much!!! I have plenty more snark to share! The material is just so rich! cantstopl

crazyjaney78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
GypsySarah
2observe
Sprite
Nonina430
quietpal