SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 4 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by luvstx Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Lievta wrote:Hi gang! hi Coming out of lurkdom for a moment to ask a question:

Do any of you think this show will ever go back to the early days when it at least seemed like the lead and contestants were there to find love?

I know that sounds naive, but I really miss not being jaded by knowing either TPTB's rabid pursuit of angst and drama for ratings or that the lead/suitors could just be there for their (extended?) 15 minutes of fame are the primary engines of this show. It hasn't been so long ago that we had Ashley & JP, Sean & Cat and Des & Chris, so I hope we'll still get seasons like those. It seems to me that this season has been edited towards those of us who know the spoiled ending. I mean, I pretty much watch every season but, like some of you, I have no sense of who Kaitlyn's suitors are. I'm only rooting for Jared because I'm from RI and we've NEVER had a contestant make it past the M&G!  :yes:

If I remember correctly, Charlie O'Connell's F2, Krisily, was from RI
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Yes, she was! Warwick?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Yes, she was! Warwick?

Yes, maybe Warwick or Cranston. Not the best representative of RI but she was pretty.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:26 pm

Do any of you think this show will ever go back to the early days when it at least seemed like the lead and contestants were there to find love?

I know that sounds naive, but I really miss not being jaded by knowing either TPTB's rabid pursuit of angst and drama for ratings or that the lead/suitors could just be there for their (extended?) 15 minutes of fame are the primary engines of this show. It hasn't been so long ago that we had Ashley & JP, Sean & Cat and Des & Chris, so I hope we'll still get seasons like those. It seems to me that this season has been edited towards those of us who know the spoiled ending. I mean, I pretty much watch every season but, like some of you, I have no sense of who Kaitlyn's suitors are. I'm only rooting for Jared because I'm from RI and we've NEVER had a contestant make it past the M&G!  :yes:

The really early days of the show weren't much better, outside of Trista. Remember Alex, Aaron, Bob Guiney, Jenn Sheft, Prince Lorenzo, Travis Stork, Matt Grant, Jesse Palmer..... Not a whole lot of sincerity in that group; the show was always about the drama, IMO. Trista/Ryan getting and staying married is basically what kept it on the air for years... and the second Bachelor wedding with Jason/Molly didn't even involve the winner. The show got lucky with the string of Ashley/JP, Sean/Cat, and Des/Chris, but it really isn't any different now than it was in the early years, MO.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:47 am

kimberlyg wrote:

The really early days of the show weren't much better, outside of Trista.  Remember Alex, Aaron, Bob Guiney, Jenn Sheft, Prince Lorenzo, Travis Stork, Matt Grant, Jesse Palmer.....  Not a whole lot of sincerity in that group; the show was always about the drama, IMO.  Trista/Ryan getting and staying married is basically what kept it on the air for years... and the second Bachelor wedding with Jason/Molly didn't even involve the winner.  The show got lucky with the string of Ashley/JP, Sean/Cat, and Des/Chris, but it really isn't any different now than it was in the early years, MO.

The results may not have been any better, but the show runners in the early days at least gave the impression that the main purpose of the proceedings was to encourage a romance, IMO.  The lead had 1 on 1s with people they actually were interested in for the most part, there were less scenarios played for laughs, less stunt casting and gimmicks, they actually had psychological compatibility testing done in a couple seasons, and having family members or friends meet with the contestants early on to give their input was routine.  That very few matches were successful despite this was more due to poor casting of the leads (the fact that very few of the leads from the first several seasons ever got married is telling).  I think if most of us would watch one of the earlier seasons now, we would see a big difference in the overall tone of the show.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:29 am

The seasons were a lot shorter early on. They probably didn't have as much filler because of it. I remember looking back one time and saw that Trista's HTDs were in epi 4. Just checked and 1 on 1 dates didn't start until epi 3 and her finale was on epi 7.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by geo55 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 pm

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-corey-stansell-justin-reich-ryan-beckett-tanner-tolbert-shawn-booth-ben-zorn-jj-lane-iii-jonathan-holloway-kaitlyn-bristowe-doug-e-fresh

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-corey-stansell-justin-reich-ryan-beckett-tanner-tolbert-shawn-booth-ben-zorn-jj-lane-iii-jonathan-holloway-kaitlyn-bristowe

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-jj-lane-iii-corey-stansell

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-jonathan-holloway-ryan-beckett

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-shawn-booth

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-tanner-tolbert-doug-e-fresh-ben-zorn

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-tanner-tolbert-doug-e-fresh

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-shawn-booth-justin-reich

Source:http://www.wetpaint.com/2015-06-03-bachelorette-season-11-episode-4-rap-battle/
geo55
geo55

Female Posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Oooh stop it heartbeat

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 060315-bachelorette-kaitlyn-bristowe-shawn-booth

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:40 pm

ironcat wrote:
kimberlyg wrote:

The really early days of the show weren't much better, outside of Trista.  Remember Alex, Aaron, Bob Guiney, Jenn Sheft, Prince Lorenzo, Travis Stork, Matt Grant, Jesse Palmer.....  Not a whole lot of sincerity in that group; the show was always about the drama, IMO.  Trista/Ryan getting and staying married is basically what kept it on the air for years... and the second Bachelor wedding with Jason/Molly didn't even involve the winner.  The show got lucky with the string of Ashley/JP, Sean/Cat, and Des/Chris, but it really isn't any different now than it was in the early years, MO.

The results may not have been any better, but the show runners in the early days at least gave the impression that the main purpose of the proceedings was to encourage a romance, IMO.  The lead had 1 on 1s with people they actually were interested in for the most part, there were less scenarios played for laughs, less stunt casting and gimmicks, they actually had psychological compatibility testing done in a couple seasons, and having family members or friends meet with the contestants early on to give their input was routine.  That very few matches were successful despite this was more due to poor casting of the leads (the fact that very few of the leads from the first several seasons ever got married is telling).  I think if most of us would watch one of the earlier seasons now, we would see a big difference in the overall tone of the show.

You captured my exact thoughts in these sentences, ironcat, thank you. It did seem like many of the early leads and contestants were actually looking for love or at least a stab at a relationship with potential.

I totally also agree with kim that the early years also gave us some characters who were either in it for self- biz-promotion (Alex, Aaron, Prince Lorenzo, Jesse, Travis) or just to make out with a bunch of beautiful girls (Bob). Aside from Jen's season (I had the impression she superior to the men & was purely there for self-promotion rather than love), I can't think of any of the other Bachelorettes who have not given me the impression of being sincere - until Kaitlyn.

In somewhat of an aside, I've also realized over the last couple of years that with all the Bachelor Family events that go on, none of the contestants really has to worry about finding a deep pool of potential mates. Look how many have been introduced to their husbands/wives/gfbf as a result? ChrisL & Peyton, Deanna & Michael Stag's twin, Marcus & Lacey. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of or aren't aware of. The Bachelor network is fertile ground for strong relationships for those truly looking for a lifetime partner.

I suppose that's one of the few positive, healthy things to come from this show. yes

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:25 pm

kimberlyg wrote:

I agree that the early days were just as bad. I think it was just that the Bachelor/ette wasn't as highly featured on the mainstream tabloids and that RS and SM didn't exist that we didn't get quite as immediate gossip behind the scenes. Like, I had no idea that Bob had bathroom sex with multiple contestants and cheated on his F1. I had no idea Graham had a girlfriend back home. I had no idea that Trista slept with her F2. I had no idea that Brad had a girlfriend back home, who he used to call all the time during filming. I had no idea that most of the couples broke up weeks after filming and just put on an act for the AFTR. I mean, the show went 8 years after Trista/Ryan without producing a marriage. If anything, the later years were MUCH more successful than the earlier years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Lievta wrote:
ironcat wrote:
kimberlyg wrote:

You captured my exact thoughts in these sentences, ironcat, thank you. It did seem like many of the early leads and contestants were actually looking for love or at least a stab at a relationship with potential.

I totally also agree with kim that the early years also gave us some characters who were either in it for self- biz-promotion (Alex, Aaron, Prince Lorenzo, Jesse, Travis) or just to make out with a bunch of beautiful girls (Bob). Aside from Jen's season (I had the impression she superior to the men & was purely there for self-promotion rather than love), I can't think of any of the other Bachelorettes who have not given me the impression of being sincere - until Kaitlyn.

In somewhat of an aside, I've also realized over the last couple of years that with all the Bachelor Family events that go on, none of the  contestants really has to worry about finding a deep pool of potential mates. Look how many have been introduced to their husbands/wives/gfbf as a result? ChrisL & Peyton, Deanna & Michael Stag's twin, Marcus & Lacey. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of or aren't aware of. The Bachelor network is fertile ground for strong relationships for those truly looking for a lifetime partner.

I suppose that's one of the few positive, healthy things to come from this show. yes

Hmmm, totally disagree. Andi and Deanna were about 1000x less sincere, IMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:53 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Lievta wrote:
ironcat wrote:

In somewhat of an aside, I've also realized over the last couple of years that with all the Bachelor Family events that go on, none of the  contestants really has to worry about finding a deep pool of potential mates. Look how many have been introduced to their husbands/wives/gfbf as a result? ChrisL & Peyton, Deanna & Michael Stag's twin, Marcus & Lacey. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of or aren't aware of. The Bachelor network is fertile ground for strong relationships for those truly looking for a lifetime partner.

Hmmm, totally disagree. Andi and Deanna were about 1000x less sincere, IMHO.
I've been sleuthing the show and seeking out spoilers and cast real experiences for a long time. IDK--10 yrs? 
So all those things about Blob, Trista etc have been readily out there for those wanting to know. I can't believe I have any secret powers and those things just came to me because of my raw magnetism. The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 4 2498057887
And as far as sincerity of cast...not going there. :P
There are always multiple agendas. Coming away with a real love is the cherry on top. If you get it great, if someone else gets the cherry before you, no big loss.  Blob got his cherry--he met his ex-wife number 2 while doing the show. She just wasn't a part of this show. So if the circumstances were different, and Blob were never part of his show maybe he would not have his encounter with ex-wife 2 and subsequent marriage. 
SM, marketing spin-offs, RS, shark jumping and tell alls have all books/blogs have created the version we are seeing today. 
I personally did enjoy the "innocence" of the earlier seasons. I miss the philanthropic dates, the cinderella dates, the beautiful travel and pre RS/SM days.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 4 Jun 8th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
GypsySarah
2observe
Sprite
Nonina430
quietpal