SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Page 68 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 68 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:17 pm

eliza3 wrote:I really don't care what she does for work, how she pays her bills or where her money comes from.  To me, that doesn't tell me much about the person.  I know several people who have large trust funds, some do wonderful things with their lives, some don't.   So it's not the amount of money or where it comes from for me, but what one choses to do with their lives that I find interesting.

I personally think Andi is working hard at finding a place where she belongs.  That can take time and the process can be painful.  I hope she finds that that makes her happy.

I also think that since we don't hear much about her dating, that she was very hurt by the break up with Josh, regardless of how or who ended it.

JMHO

I don't think she is "working" hard at anything. She seems to be happily drifting along in la la land trying to live the glamourous life to which she feels entitled. I have yet to see much effort in anything. The book deal? Let's see if she actually even finishes that.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 68 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by umngirl Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:20 pm

^She won't have to. Her ghost writer can do the majority of the work. She just gets to slap her name and face on the cover and go on the book tour.

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 68 87b72b10 9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 68 86669110 9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 68 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Sprite wrote:
eliza3 wrote:I really don't care what she does for work, how she pays her bills or where her money comes from.  To me, that doesn't tell me much about the person.  I know several people who have large trust funds, some do wonderful things with their lives, some don't.   So it's not the amount of money or where it comes from for me, but what one choses to do with their lives that I find interesting.

I personally think Andi is working hard at finding a place where she belongs.  That can take time and the process can be painful.  I hope she finds that that makes her happy.

I also think that since we don't hear much about her dating, that she was very hurt by the break up with Josh, regardless of how or who ended it.

JMHO

I don't think she is "working" hard at anything. She seems to be happily drifting along in la la land trying to live the glamourous life to which she feels entitled. I have yet to see much effort in anything. The book deal? Let's see if she actually even finishes that.
I actually think it will. If she slams Nick and Josh enough, it's pretty much a guaranteed NYT bestseller. I think Andi does still have that competitiveness, ambition, and drive in her, I just think she's been using it lately on things that don't matter (fame) or things she's not good at (fashion). I'm sure she'll see the book as a way to simultaneous get revenge and get back on top, so I think she'll do it. She's never struck me as lazy, just entitled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:43 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Sprite wrote:

JMHO

I actually think it will. If she slams Nick and Josh enough, it's pretty much a guaranteed NYT bestseller. I think Andi does still have that competitiveness, ambition, and drive in her, I just think she's been using it lately on things that don't matter (fame) or things she's not good at (fashion). I'm sure she'll see the book as a way to simultaneous get revenge and get back on top, so I think she'll do it. She's never struck me as lazy, just entitled.

I really don't think she is even writing it. As umngirl stated previously, it's probably a ghost writer....and I highly doubt it will get her back on top of anything.

I don't know about Andi. Honestly, to me she is becoming lazy. She seemed more motivated in her younger days...not that she is ancient now. To me, she just doesn't seem to be genuinly enthused about anything she is doing these days. She seems to be going through the motions. I would almost say she needs an intervention ... or a swift kick in the rear.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Honestly, it's the same publisher as Courtney, of all the bachelor/ette books written, hers was the most non-ghost written. You could just tell that most of it was in her voice, whereas 90% of Sean's just read like an impartial recap of the show. I think she'll be working on the "backstory" parts, whereas someone else will be doing most of the tips/jokes about getting over breakups. Either way, I doubt it'll be time consuming.

And, I agree about her not being on top - I just think she's someone who would take pride in being a NYT bestseller and would consider that as proof that her decisions were right. 

(IMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:44 pm

JMHO

And that tells me A LOT about the person. Someone who is self sufficient, hard working, and pays their own way has my respect. Maybe it's my background and upbringing, but this aspect was huge all my life.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:52 am

But even if she does slam Nick and Josh (and probably JPG) in the book, will it really be a bestseller? I don't think enough people care anymore. I mean, if she really plays in the mud, she might get people to notice, but it would basically have to be so deep in the dirt that it could really backfire and make her look bad for going there.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:01 am

It's hard to say. I certainly didn't buy Courtney's book nor was I interested in reading it and Andi's book is not on my list either.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15328

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:02 am

T
kimberlyg wrote:But even if she does slam Nick and Josh (and probably JPG) in the book, will it really be a bestseller?  I don't think enough people care anymore.  I mean, if she really plays in the mud, she might get people to notice, but it would basically have to be so deep in the dirt that it could really backfire and make her look bad for going there.  
I think so, just b/c Courtney's book was a bestseller and she didn't have the following Andi does and she really only slammed Ben, arie, and offered a few random gossip tidbits about Ashley h, Emily, and the girls on her season. I think there are way more people wanting to know what really happened with andi and Josh and Nick than people wanted to know about Ben. Sean's book was also a bestseller, probably b/c of the Christian angle, but it does show that there is a huge market for ex-bachelor alum books. I think that books written by Melissa and Trista didn't do well b/c they didn't offer any real gossip and they were past their time when people really cared. It blows my mind that Andi's name comes up this often on this forum even though her season ended 1.5 years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's still interest when the book releases. 

It's all speculations though! If it's an awful "hot to get over a breakup" type thing with no gossip, it probably won't do well.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:35 am

I don't know if I'll read it but in case I do, I hope it's well written and doesn't make my ears bleed!

I really need to proof better before I hit send.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:54 am

I am going to read her book, as I read Courtney's. I think there will be many people who buy the book hoping to find out exactly what happened between her and Josh. That's why I'll read it!

As for her job, I personally have a hard time figuring out what she is doing based on SM. It's not like there are postings about her several times a day, or every day for that matter. So I honestly have a hard time figuring out exactly what she is doing. She may be going to an office somewhere every day for all I know. I don't think she is so popular any more that people take pics of her everywhere she goes, hence it's hard to track her.

JMHO
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:08 pm

eliza3 wrote:I am going to read her book, as I read Courtney's.   I think there will be many people who buy the book hoping to find out exactly what happened between her and Josh.   That's why I'll read it!

As for her job, I personally have a hard time figuring out what she is doing based on SM.  It's not like there are postings about her several times a day, or every day for that matter.    So I honestly have a hard time figuring out exactly what she is doing.  She may be going to an office somewhere every day for all I know.   I don't think she is so popular any more that people take pics of her everywhere she goes, hence it's hard to track her.

Well, I think we can rule out her going to an office everyday. We may not be able to tell everything about a person via SM, but when someone is regularly posting sightseeing photos, shopping and working out during the day, I think it's a pretty fair guess she isn't working a "regular" job.  Andi hasn't updated her Linkedin account in over two years back to when she was an ADA. I would think if she was employed by any company (even fashion) that she would want to update her professional profile. But she hasn't. Probably because she hasn't worked a "real" job since then.  I think she is just living in the moment and doing small projects (like Ash & Dan's) while she is still considered somewhat relevant and being given opportunities.  Somehow those and her SM endorsements seem to be funding her NYC lifestyle just fine for now. But at some point I would think those opportunties will dry up.  And what she chooses to do with her life at that point will show me what she's really made of and if she really does have that "potential" to do more productive things with her life.

As far as her book, I do think there's a good chance of it being a best seller just based on her followers alone. She has almost a million on IG (if they are legit, real people). And I do think there is enough interest still out there when it comes to what happend with her and Josh.  But if she comes out trashing him (or Nick and JP), what does she really gain? Sure, there would be financial rewards and bragging rights initially to having a best seller, but I still think throwing someone under the bus in such a public way will only hurt her in long run. Bitter revenge is not pretty. Does anyone think men will go flocking to date Andi after this book?  What kind of "quality" guy that Andi would consider "good" enough for her, would want to be with a woman that shows her crazy and bitterness regarding an ex to the public?  I would steer clear!  

On that same note, with all the juicy details Courtney shared about the men in her life, has she been in a loving, committed relationship since her book came out?  If so, I'm not aware of it. I could see the same fate for Andi.

Last edited by Beach Lover on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

+86
Southernpeach30
citygirl1962
isittrue
cindebugg
rhondam