SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Page 69 of 84 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by albean99 Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm sure lots of people will want to read Andi's book but there's two sides to every story and these books only tell one. I'm not interested enough in Andi or Courtney to care about their side.

Andi's playing at life in NYC right now but can't see her staying there long term. Maybe she'll find a rich guy like Kelly did and settle in back at Atlanta. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

Post by Guest Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Beach Lover wrote:
eliza3 wrote:I am going to read her book, as I read Courtney's.   I think there will be many people who buy the book hoping to find out exactly what happened between her and Josh.   That's why I'll read it!

As for her job, I personally have a hard time figuring out what she is doing based on SM.  It's not like there are postings about her several times a day, or every day for that matter.    So I honestly have a hard time figuring out exactly what she is doing.  She may be going to an office somewhere every day for all I know.   I don't think she is so popular any more that people take pics of her everywhere she goes, hence it's hard to track her.

Well, I think we can rule out her going to an office everyday. We may not be able to tell everything about a person via SM, but when someone is regularly posting sightseeing photos, shopping and working out during the day, I think it's a pretty fair guess she isn't working a "regular" job.  Andi hasn't updated her Linkedin account in over two years back to when she was an ADA. I would think if she was employed by any company (even fashion) that she would want to update her professional profile. But she hasn't. Probably because she hasn't worked a "real" job since then.  I think she is just living in the moment and doing small projects (like Ash & Dan's) while she is still considered somewhat relevant and being given opportunities.  Somehow those and her SM endorsements seem to be funding her NYC lifestyle just fine for now. But at some point I would think those opportunties will dry up.  And what she chooses to do with her life at that point will show me what she's really made of and if she really does have that "potential" to do more productive things with her life.

As far as her book, I do think there's a good chance of it being a best seller just based on her followers alone. She has almost a million on IG (if they are legit, real people). And I do think there is enough interest still out there when it comes to what happend with her and Josh.  But if she comes out trashing him (or Nick and JP), what does she really gain?  Sure, there would be financial rewards and bragging rights initially to having a best seller, but I still think throwing someone under the bus in such a public way will only hurt her in long run. Bitter revenge is not pretty. Does anyone think men will go flocking to date Andi after this book?  What kind of "quality" guy that Andi would consider "good" enough for her, would want to be with a woman that shows her crazy and bitterness regarding an ex to the public?  I would steer clear!  

On that same note, with all the juicy details Courtney shared about the men in her life, has she been in a loving, committed relationship since her book came out?  If so, I'm not aware of it. I could see the same fate for
I believe Courtney was in a committed not too long ago...I don't keep up with her, so I don't know if it's still happening or not. Honestly, I see it as a Taylor swift thing - how many times has she bashed her ex? Yet, attractive, successful guys still continue to pursue her. Like how arie pursued Courtney, despite her awful edit. I don't think guys care as long as the girl is hot. I believe she's still friends with arie and adrien, so half the guys she bashed didn't even care, haha. 

I also get the feeling Andi won't bash Josh too much - she'll probably just share a few glimpses into her life with him that show he was stubborn and the family issue that happened, but it's not like she's going to reveal he was a cheater like Courtney did.

(Jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

I think Courtney was with some guy for over a year since the book came out. They aren't together anymore as far as I can tell. I thought I say mention of a bf on her Instagram not to long ago. She keeps her relationships pretty quiet so it's hard to tell.

Andi dishing lots of details about her relationship with may sell hr more books but it's not gonna make her look good. At least with Courtney the Ben F cheating was out a the season was airing so that wasn't ground breaking info.

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 87b72b10 9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 86669110 9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:59 am

I really don't see a best seller coming out of this for Andi no matter how you slice it.

Her season will have been two years ago by the time the book hits the market. While Courtney wasn't the lead, she was a scandalous F1 who sexed up her book with Ben, Arie and plenty of other guys that she met during her modeling career. Sex sells. Lots of sex sells even better. By all accounts, she did not use the book in an effort to improve her image, nor was she preaching dating advice. Andi, on the other hand is apparently going to try to give us break up advice and dish a little dirt on the exes. I just don't see her getting as graphic as Courtney did, so I doubt there will be much salacious sex. Yes, there will be some Bachelor related gossip, but I just see her as trying to sell herself in a positive light...unlike Courtney, who didn't care. I really doubt the book will be truly self reflective enough to be a good advice book and not enough sex to be a quick, fun read.

For Andi's book to be successful it will have to balance the gossip with self reflection, humility and fun. From what I have seen on the show and from her post show behaviour, she hasn't shown much of any of those. Instead, I somehow expect her entitled attitude will seep through...and a touch of bitterness. I highly suspect that in the end, it will all just fall flat.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:06 am

I think it could definitely be a best seller. I didn't see Courtney's book becoming one and that was also a couple years after her season with a much smaller fan base. Especially if she has a really good press tour and bashes enough exes laugh out loud.

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:04 am

bleuberry wrote:I think it could definitely be a best seller. I didn't see Courtney's book becoming one and that was also a couple years after her season with a much smaller fan base. Especially if she has a really good press tour and bashes enough exes laugh out loud.

But that was my point...I don't think she will really want to bash them all that much because it will make her look bad. I think she will try to paint herself as a kinder, gentler Andi, so yes, there will be some gossip and some negativity towards JPab and Josh, but I doubt she will go all ninja assassin mode on them....and that is IMO what will be needed to get that best seller. She will need to really dish the dirt, add a healthy dose of sex and actually be honest about what happened and I just don't see her doing that. My take is that she is too much of a control freak to truly be honest about her faults in all this and will try to sugar coat her part in it. She doesn't come across as self deprecating and having that ability to laugh at herself that Sean and Courtney do. That is the kind of thing that is important in any interview for this kind of book. I just don't see her pulling it off. I would love to see someone asking her some hard questions to see how she responds. If she gets all defensive and bent out of shape like she did when confronted during the show, then it would be clear that she is the same old Andi and nothing much has changed.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...or even if the book gets finished!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:40 am

I think just dishing on Josh and their relationship and break up might be enough for people who who were fans of them or their season. But purely guessing.

9 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4 - Page 69 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Sprite wrote:I really don't see a best seller coming out of this for Andi no matter how you slice it.

Her season will have been two years ago by the time the book hits the market. While Courtney wasn't the lead, she was a scandalous F1 who sexed up her book with Ben, Arie and plenty of other guys that she met during her modeling career. Sex sells. Lots of sex sells even better. By all accounts, she did not use the book in an effort to improve her image, nor was she preaching dating advice. Andi, on the other hand is apparently going to try to give us break up advice and dish a little dirt on the exes. I just don't see her getting as graphic as Courtney did, so I doubt there will be much salacious sex. Yes, there will be some Bachelor related gossip, but I just see her as trying to sell herself in a positive light...unlike Courtney, who didn't care. I really doubt the book will be truly self reflective enough to be a good advice book and not enough sex to be a quick, fun read.

For Andi's book to be successful it will have to balance the gossip with self reflection, humility and fun. From what I have seen on the show and from her post show behaviour, she hasn't shown much of any of those. Instead, I somehow expect her entitled attitude will seep through...and a touch of bitterness. I highly suspect that in the end, it will all just fall flat.

I totally agree Sprite. IMO not only her entitlement attitude but also her poor me attitude will shine through. This book will go nowhere IMO. I hope she's successful but I'm not counting on it. If I wanted to know what happened between her and her ex, then I'd want to hear his side of the story as well. There is no reason for me to want to read the book. She is very sensitive about how people feel about her. She wouldn't want people to dislike her. She has fans but so does her ex. She wouldn't deal with that backlash very well IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Sprite wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I think it could definitely be a best seller. I didn't see Courtney's book becoming one and that was also a couple years after her season with a much smaller fan base. Especially if she has a really good press tour and bashes enough exes laugh out loud.

But that was my point...I don't think she will really want to bash them all that much because it will make her look bad. I think she will try to paint herself as a kinder, gentler Andi, so yes, there will be some gossip and some negativity towards JPab and Josh, but I doubt she will go all ninja assassin mode on them....and that is IMO what will be needed to get that best seller. She will need to really dish the dirt, add a healthy dose of sex and actually be honest about what happened and I just don't see her doing that. My take is that she is too much of a control freak to truly be honest about her faults in all this and will try to sugar coat her part in it. She doesn't come across as self deprecating and having that ability to laugh at herself that Sean and Courtney do. That is the kind of thing that is important in any interview for this kind of book. I just don't see her pulling it off. I would love to see someone asking her some hard questions to see how she responds. If she gets all defensive and bent out of shape like she did when confronted during the show, then it would be clear that she is the same old Andi and nothing much has changed.

I guess we will just have to wait and see...or even if the book gets finished!

You make some good points, Sprite!  Especially about sex selling. I was shocked at how graphic Courtney was. But she had a no filter personality and it reflected in the way she wrote her book.  Andi, on the other hand, I think would be very embarassed for her parents, particularly Hy, to read about her sexual encounters. I would be shocked if she even admits to having sex with JP in the fantasy suite and I don't see her bringing up details of her night with Nick, just because of all the controversy that surrounded that.  So that just leaves Josh.  And he was the one that had no filter in interviews when talking about sex and she would be the one blushing and telling him to stop. So unless she does a complete about-face, I still don't see her being that comfortable talking juicy bedroom details.  She likely will mention their sex life, but I don't see her being graphic at all. So will that be enough to satisfy readers and sell more books?  

Maybe less sex will sell books if she dishes enough other "dirt".   But in order for me to read her book, I want some "dirt" on her as well or I'm just not buying it (meaning the book, or her version of the break-up). If she is going to bring up the negative about Josh, which I'm certain she will,  I want her to own up to the real reasons why Josh wanted to end things with her. I think it's safe to say that most of us are pretty confident it was him that ended things and that it was not mutual.  He had his reasons, but I just don't think Andi would EVER say what they were publically because it would likely change the way people view her.  And like GA said, she cares to much about public perception.

Last edited by Beach Lover on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:29 pm

bleuberry wrote:I think just dishing on Josh and their relationship and break up might be enough for people who who were fans of them or their season. But purely guessing.

I think so too. I think if you take into account that most of Andi's followers are young girls in between the ages of 16-25, I think that will be more than enough for them. I honestly don't see much of a difference between Andi and Courtney, TBH. Courtney definitely made herself out to be the victim. Yeah, she took responsibility for the whole Arie mess, admitted she was a bit saucy with the girls, and talked about a few dumb things she did with Ben (like not being there for him when his dog died), but it was mostly about how awful Ben and the girls were and she was just the victim. I don't see Andi on a much lower intellectual or emotional level than her. And, TBH, when readers read memoirs or "how to" books by reality TV stars, they're not exactly expecting To Kill a Mockingbird. They just want some hot gossip, which I think Andi will deliver. I'm sure it was part of her book deal/contract from the start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

I thought I would add some facts to the mix regarding NY Times best sellers: 
NYTIMES BSL
There’s a lot of confusion and mystery surrounding the venerable New York Times bestseller list. And while it is a great honor to be on it, it is not the end-all, be-all for many reasons. Here are my Top 10.

#8: The NYT List Does Not Necessarily Mean Huge Sales
You can break onto the NYT List in certain categories with sales as small as 3,000 copies sold. It all depends on the category and what else you’re competing with in a certain week. 3,000 copies. Can you believe it? That’s because as I explain over here, far, far less books are sold overall each year than you think.
 herlink
#9: People Can Buy Their Way on to the NYT List: If you can get on with as little as 3,000 copies sold and you place a big order with a wholesale bookseller the week your book comes out, you have a pretty good shot of making the list. There are brokers who will arrange the whole thing for you starting at around $40,000. It’s out-of-reach for most first-time authors unless you’re a billionaire who wants to buy the title for himself, or a media baron who wants to make his girlfriend feel good about her cat book. Gross, but true.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Great info Kasha! It's not as simple or as lucrative as it's perceived to be.

Has she been promoting her book?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 84 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #4

+86
Southernpeach30
citygirl1962
isittrue
cindebugg
rhondam