SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 16 of 63 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 39 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

agentcurls wrote:She also says she regrets "the timing". Maybe she did wait until the timing was right with Shawn. I realize K is impulsive...but I'd like to believe she didn't really want to rush lovemaking with him (during the small window of time that Ben H was in the shower) and instead waited for the right moment. And maybe that moment was still pre-FS off-cam. I just can't wrap my head around K&S doing that while Ben H was present. Out of respect for him and for one another.

Yes - her first answer to interview questions about sex-gate were that she didn't regret the act but she didn't think the timing was right. But what I saw for the most part was someone who regretted more than just the timing - it was a VO but I think she said something like she had made a mistake that could cost her her future and her happiness - that's more than merely bad timing.

I have an easier time wrapping my mind around why she had sex with Nick than why she would have waited to have sex with Shawn. Once she had sex with Nick she threw this enormous cloud over her emotions; a fear that Shawn would leave when he found out and I think it was in part self-preservation that would have stopped her from having sex with Shawn - she didn't want that bond with someone she feared she could lose in an instant. IMO she would have waited to have sex with Shawn until she knew the threat of him leaving had passed. The other thing is I think she felt a sense of guilt for what she had done and until that guilt was resolved she wouldn't had had the kind of emotional freedom to enjoy having sex.

I think the only time she would have had sex with Shawn was before she had sex with Nick and I think that they never gave her a good opportunity (on purpose) and a quickie while Ben was in the shower wasn't the right opportunity.

I know we hear lots of stories about people sneaking around during filming but I wonder - if they were so good at sneaking - why do we hear they did? IMO the show knows who is where pretty much all the time and if people sneak it's because the show lets them, not because the show doesn't know about it. I think they kept a close enough eye on Kaitlyn that they were able to keep her from getting the privacy she wanted to make the first experience with Shawn the experience she wanted it to be - not only for herself but for him.

And I agree with your sexual tension observations - I sort of get more of an anticipation than a fulfillment "vibe". IMO once this "Nick thing" is behind her and she actually has had sex with Shawn I think we're going to see enough of a difference in their interactions to see a "before and after" difference.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

albean99 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
albean99 wrote:For me it doesn't matter either way although don't believe it happened, especially while Ben was away for such a short time. It would have been easy for Kaitlyn to sneak Shawn up in her room if that's what she wanted.

I don't think it is that easy...everyone has said how crazy it was that Kaitlyn was able to sneak off without producer permission to see Ben and Shawn. If she wanted to have sex with Shawn, she would have to ask permission and they might say no (especially, if they want to make Kaitlyn keep on feeling guilty about Nicn sex).  

If she could go to their room for hours she's not being watched every minute. I just think it was too soon and not the right circumstance. I know a lot of people think that Kaitlyn will have sex indiscriminately but I don't. Nick's date had the right combination of drinks & lust plus it was a 1 on 1 date with a lot of time together. JMO

I don't think that having sex with Shawn would mean she's having sex indiscriminately. He WAS the only guy she said she was falling in love with and referred to as her future husband. I totally believe that IRL she would have sex with a guy she felt that way about within 6 weeks of dating, so why not on the show, if she got the opportunity?

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:20 pm

IMO They let her do what she wanted because they knew they'd have lots of footage to use for drama. IMO they probably knew she was sneaking out. Watching Ben talk to her seemed to me like he was being careful but I'm not so sure he believed what he was saying. All it would take is for some producer to say "something happened when you left". They were probably secretly hoping for sexgate #2 at that point or at least trying to insinuate it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by remockered Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 pm

What I do not get is Kaitlyn had her 1-1 with Shawn and referred to him as her future husband. The next day, she goes to his room and hangs with him on his bed all night. The very next day, she sleeps with Nick. She worries for two weeks that her "forever" will find out, meanwhile he is freaking out over being "the one" and not getting special tratment.. She tells him to hang in there and at the end, they will find their forever. She is so worried about Shawn, that she sleeps with Nick again. Even if she sleeps with Shawn, it is still two nights with Nick vs one with her forever man. Shawn gets over both sleepovers, but is upset over not getting a rose? Something still does not compute.
remockered
remockered

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 pm

IDK--sounds like it is a great prelude to many marriages. After all, about 55% end in divorce.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:50 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't think that having sex with Shawn would mean she's having sex indiscriminately. He WAS the only guy she said she was falling in love with and referred to as her future husband. I totally believe that IRL she would have sex with a guy she felt that way about within 6 weeks of dating, so why not on the show, if she got the opportunity?

Nor do I/ There's not a doubt in my mind that she would have sex with Shawn - even if she wasn't "Plow my fields Kaitlyn" just about every Bette has had sex with their F1 and that's not indiscriminate IMO - that's very discriminating. I do think that she would have wanted the time to be right IRL as well as on TV life.

GuardianAngel wrote:iMO They let her do what she wanted because they knew they'd have lots of footage to use for drama. IMO they probably knew she was sneaking out. Watching Ben talk to her seemed to me like he was being careful but I'm not so sure he believed what he was saying. All it would take is for some producer to say "something happened when you left". They were probably secretly hoping for sexgate #2 at that point or at least trying to insinuate it.

I think they knew full well she was sneaking out and they let her do it. But I also think that others were known as well. And ITA about Ben - that was so easy for a producer to plant the seed of an idea in Ben's mind and send him off to talk to Kaitlyn. IMO though sexgate 2 doesn't work so well especially if the sex was with her F1 - I mean it may not be fair to the other guys but it's hardly anything scandalous. What does make for drama is sexgate with someone who is not her F1 - that makes for drama especially when it carries on across the US and Ireland and extends over multiple episodes and creates buckets of tears and upset guys.

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:01 pm

remockered wrote:What I do not get is Kaitlyn had her 1-1 with Shawn and referred to him as her future husband.  The next day, she goes to his room and hangs with him on his bed all night.  The very next day, she sleeps with Nick.  She worries for two weeks that her "forever" will find out, meanwhile he is freaking out over being "the one" and not getting special treatment..   She tells him to hang in there and at the end, they will find their forever.  She is so worried about Shawn, that she sleeps with Nick again.  Even if she sleeps with Shawn, it is still two nights with Nick vs one with her forever man.  Shawn gets over both sleepovers, but is upset over not getting a rose?  Something still does not compute.

remockered ITA and it doesn't compute for me either; at least it doesn't if I look at this through the lens of Kaitlyn. But maybe that's the wrong lens to bring this mess into focus - maybe we want to look at what's happened through the lens of the producers / Story Production and casting. Kaitlyn was cast perfectly for the role she played, Nick was cast perfectly for the role he played; Shawn could have been anyone of several guys but his role had to be filled by the guy Kaitlyn wanted and (ideally) one who wanted Kaitlyn. Was this all just an accident??? Or was it planned???
JMHO

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
I think they knew full well she was sneaking out and they let her do it. But I also think that others were known as well. And ITA about Ben - that was so easy for a producer to plant the seed of an idea in Ben's mind and send him off to talk to Kaitlyn. IMO though sexgate 2 doesn't work so well especially if the sex was with her F1 - I mean it may not be fair to the other guys but it's hardly anything scandalous. What does make for drama is sexgate with someone who is not her F1 - that makes for drama especially when it carries on across the US and Ireland and extends over multiple episodes and creates buckets of tears and upset guys.

Good point. Sex with F1 and F2 are no big deal these days, unless you kiss and tell. Hugesmile

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
remockered wrote:What I do not get is Kaitlyn had her 1-1 with Shawn and referred to him as her future husband.  The next day, she goes to his room and hangs with him on his bed all night.  The very next day, she sleeps with Nick.  She worries for two weeks that her "forever" will find out, meanwhile he is freaking out over being "the one" and not getting special treatment..   She tells him to hang in there and at the end, they will find their forever.  She is so worried about Shawn, that she sleeps with Nick again.  Even if she sleeps with Shawn, it is still two nights with Nick vs one with her forever man.  Shawn gets over both sleepovers, but is upset over not getting a rose?  Something still does not compute.

remockered ITA and it doesn't compute for me either; at least it doesn't if I look at this through the lens of Kaitlyn. But maybe that's the wrong lens to bring this mess into focus - maybe we want to look at what's happened through the lens of the producers / Story Production and casting. Kaitlyn was cast perfectly for the role she played, Nick was cast perfectly for the role he played; Shawn could have been anyone of several guys but his role had to be filled by the guy Kaitlyn wanted and (ideally) one who wanted Kaitlyn. Was this all just an accident??? Or was it planned???
JMHO

I'm with both of you here. Nothing makes sense this season through the eyes of any of the main players. IMO the real story was left on the cutting room floor for all parties involved. Why? For the sake of the "most dramatic season ever"!

I think that UnReal chose a very good season of the Bachelorette to premiere during. It is comedic how many little tricks that are fleshed out on UnReal are then played out by the "characters" on this season of the Bachelorette. Things only start to make sense when you look at them through the eyes of the story tellers.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:02 pm

I am sounding like a broken record, but I can't get past my belief that Nick is on this season to pay his debt to them for planegate. When I look at the whole storyline, I see a girl who told a boy too soon that he was her choice. Boy told other boys and they obediently backed off.

Producers brought in a boy who owed them and set about putting this boy and the girl in circumstances that would make it easy for them to get footage to cast doubt on her first choice. She gave them more than they asked - lucky day for them. all imo.

The pieces don't feel like they fit to me if it went down any other way. But that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I still don't get why Kaitlyn even had to tell Shawn about Nick pre-FS sex. And why she even had to do so other than to fit some storyline of her telling him he is the one then sleeping with Nick and then saying she regrets it sooo much (but does it again at FS?) and then he has to "forgive" her and all is well that snapchats.

In the scheme of what this show is, I just don't get why it is necessary that K had to tell the guys or Shawn while on the show on camera or anything. Let alone Shawn have to confront Nick. It is ridiculous considering the premise of this show.

Feels so fake imo and nothing more than trying to cast blame on Nick when he is a contestant himself and Kaitlyn made the choice as lead to sleep with him and then to kiss and tell herself about that. Even if TPTB were in her ear saying she better say something before Nick does it still doesn't add up at all, imo.

If anyone kissed and told it was Kaitlyn. And if anyone kissed and told about being "The one" it was Shawn. Yet Nick still gets the blame? Craziness.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:38 pm

BKay wrote:I am sounding like a broken record, but I can't get past my belief that Nick is on this season to pay his debt to them for planegate. When I look at the whole storyline, I see a girl who told a boy too soon that he was her choice. Boy told other boys and they obediently backed off.

Producers brought in a boy who owed them and set about putting this boy and the girl in circumstances that would make it easy for them to get footage to cast doubt on her first choice. She gave them more than they asked - lucky day for them. all imo.

The pieces don't feel like they fit to me if it went down any other way. But that's just me.  

The only things in this that I see slightly differently is that IMO they didn't bring Nick on as payback for planegate though that might have been cause for a high five or two. Putting Nick on this season was IMO more casting / story production driven. Nick is - how did CH put it in his latest blog? - like fingernails on a chalkboard when mixed in with a group of guys competing for one woman. How better to get a reaction than to take Nick and bring him in late which is like fingernails on a chalkboard no matter who it is? Nick has an existing flirtation going on with the lead and he wants on the show to meet her. Nick has a history that will follow him wherever he goes and whatever he does in connection with this franchise - he was the guy that outed Andi on the ATFR for having sex with him. He brings drama that doesn't end with his rejection or the FRC but continues to the ATFR - people will tune in just to see what Nick does. Put Nick on a show with a lead who sees sex as a natural extension of making out and you have a perfect storm for drama brewing. They couldn't possibly have cast this season any better than they did knowing the story line they could craft around this cast and that's really the biggest reason why I think it was casting and story more than payback that motivated them

JMHO

Lucas15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 63 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 39 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
nannymargie
bluwavz
Rolly
LoveDovez
marloon
eliza3
Emilia23_12
luvlady345
chi-girl
Di_ATL
MissB