SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 46 of 63 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 54 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 46 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:58 pm

umngirl wrote:I'm still fascinated that so many think Shawn is the one forcing her to downplay, avoid, etc. talking about Nick. It's like some think she has no mind of her own. So every interesting as someone who frankly doesn't care for any member of the three involved.

giggling well... I personally have no vested interest in any of these people.  After the mess they've all made of the season, it can't end fast enough.  I say, bring on BIP!  It has to be better than this season has been.

I don't know if it's K's choice, a request from Shawn, or even Nick or TPTB, etc., to down play or avoid talking about the relationship.  I just personally don't think it's a good idea to down play or avoid one relationship for another.  It'll all come back up and out later to haunt you.  So personally, I'd want to rip the bandage off and discuss and deal with it all up front.  I don't want to add more stress and worry to my life by putting something off or avoiding it.  Get it over with and move on...but that's just me.  no idea

Lucas15 wrote:
isittrue wrote:Also, as I mentioned earlier maybe there is another reason that she downplays her relationship with Nick and her friends like Jillian are critical of him. Shawn is not the reason behind everything she does.  Jmho

^^^ This
IMO

I'm curious.  What would the reason be?  Because even if he'd contacted her or said something she didn't like about Shawn.  How is totally avoiding discussing any emotion that she felt about him, before and during filiming, going to help anything?
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 46 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:00 pm

I agree with your whole first paragraph above LB82. :yes:
I get it!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:01 pm

I beg to differ.
The girl can hold her own and has a strong backbone from what I can tell.
I don't think she would stand for anyone being controlling or manipulative. She didn't handle being controlled by tptb very well.
Maybe she doesn't write novels in her blog about Nick because she simply doesn't want to.
When Kaitlyn told Shawn about Nick sex, which is probably the worst omission she is going to give him, he handled it and they got past it. Anything he learns about pre-show stuff he will likely take with a grain of salt because I'm sure he was no angel prior to filming himself. Anything post-Nick sex I'm sure he knows by now was simply part of Kaitlyn's process to ultimately land in his arms coupled with tptb machinations of being the 'Ette.
After all Shawn has been through in this circus, I don't think he is insecure about losing Kaitlyn now, IMO.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:04 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't think anyone is saying that Shawn is literally controlling her. Just that her actions are done with the purpose of protecting Shawn's feelings. No different than what Brad did for Emily or how Ali told Roberto that Frank leaving was no big deal.
I interpret the spec that Kait isn't posting about Nick as her being controlled by Shawn being unhappy with her or angry if she shows any feelings about him and that's simply not true imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I don't think anyone is saying that Shawn is literally controlling her. Just that her actions are done with the purpose of protecting Shawn's feelings. No different than what Brad did for Emily or how Ali told Roberto that Frank leaving was no big deal.

ITA.  I think a lot of the leads do this with their F1, but they usually just tell the F1 not to read this or that, or to only watch their scenes (although I don't know if Kaitlyn could have even told Shawn this, because so many of their scenes are them arguing).  But I think the fact that S/N have such vitriol for each other, it would make sense that Kaitlyn would downplay the relationship with the F2.  It will be interesting to see how Kaitlyn acts on ATFR.  

Another possibility is that Kaitlyn is downplaying her relationship with Nick to justify TO HERSELF her decision to pick Shawn. This would make a lot of sense if she really was torn, because she can't be looking over her shoulder and watching to show and think to herself, "why did I pick this guy?". So she plays up everything good that she remembers about Shawn from the show and downplays the bad and glosses over Nick so she doesn't have to face it or remember it or deal with it. Because if she did, and she really did love both of them, it might make her question her choice, and that could hurt her relationship with Shawn.

I really doubt there was no "intervening act" on Nick's part that changed anything. Ultimately, there were so many leaks during the show about things that happened, that RS wasn't even necessary laugh out loud. So if something went down, I think we'll either learn about it on ATFR or it would have leaked to one of the tabloids.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 pm

agentcurls wrote:I beg to differ.
The girl can hold her own and has a strong backbone from what I can tell.
I don't think she would stand for anyone being controlling or manipulative. She didn't handle being controlled by tptb very well.
Maybe she doesn't write novels in her blog about Nick because she simply doesn't want to.
When Kaitlyn told Shawn about Nick sex, which is probably the worst omission she is going to give him, he handled it and they got past it. Anything he learns about pre-show stuff he will likely take with a grain of salt because I'm sure he was no angel prior to filming himself. Anything post-Nick sex I'm sure he knows by now was simply part of Kaitlyn's process to ultimately land in his arms coupled with tptb machinations of being the 'Ette.
After all Shawn has been through in this circus, I don't think he is insecure about losing Kaitlyn now, IMO.

We aren't asking for novels, just say maybe equal coverage to Jared, Ben, or her other rejected men. In a normal break up, you don't want to talk about it, cool. When it is your job, suck it up buttercup and do it. It doesn't make her admirable, it makes her the twit I like to call her now. IMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:21 pm

But it's really only been the last few blogs that have been so Shawn-heavy.

It kind of boggles my mind how people are equating a lack of Nick narrative in Kaitlyn's recent blogs with the stability of KaitBoo's relationship post-show.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm

agentcurls wrote:But it's really only been the last few blogs that have been so Shawn-heavy.

It kind of boggles my mind how people are equating a lack of Nick narrative in Kaitlyn's recent blogs with the stability of KaitBoo's relationship post-show.

Yeah it's that and that it's assumed Shawn's controlling K. It's still the Shawn and Nick show laugh out loud

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:33 pm

isittrue wrote:
agentcurls wrote:But it's really only been the last few blogs that have been so Shawn-heavy.

Yeah it's that and that it's assumed Shawn's controlling K. It's still the Shawn and Nick show laugh out loud

I equate it with a spoiled brat, twit not doing her job. I don't know if Shawn is controlling or not. He is jealous, I saw that on my screen, and with Jared and Nick, whether she gave him to ammo with her your the one, he was still acting jealous. As for Kaitboo, I think her lies will be the bigger problem and if the not talking about Nick is part of Kaitlyn's lies then yes, it is a problem, but if it is her mad at Nick, then nope not at all. I think Shawn would support Kaitlyn being mad at Nick. IMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:44 pm

isittrue wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Interestingly, it's with Shawn that she brings up, what is essentially, lust. The idea that the two of them knew that there was something there just after making eye contact. Sorry to break it to you, Kaitlyn, but that's just lust. And love at first sight has never worked out very well for ex-Bachelor/ette couples.

fwiw: Kaitlyn did act on her lust with Nick first and apparently a few other times as well so apparently Her relationship with Nick was based on lust too. We are not privy to all her interactions with either guy to judge their relationships as being all lust or all deeper connections or a healthy balance of both.  I do think K is a very in the moment person whose feelings match the person she is currently with .

Sorry. I am reading this a bit late but this caught my eye and I just had to comment. I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but to me, that sounds as if she is trying to be what the person that she is currently with wants. That is my issue with people who live in the moment. Aside from that being kind of selfish IMO since they are only thinking of what makes them happy...right at that moment...damn the consequences, it makes me think that people who are so in the moment, are kind of lost and don't really know who they are. As a result, they use that as an excuse for why they are all over the place.

Kaitlyn very much reminds me of someone I know...a free spirit who is all over the place with everything in her life...her job(s), her relationships, her family, even her pet(s) and where she wants to live. She gets caught up in the moment. She wants to find a job, help her family, adopt a pet, buy a house, move our of province...and on and on. Her heart is in the right place but she doesn't think anything through and as a consequence, she starts doing something because it feels good or right at the moment, but she never really follows through. She starts something and then gets bored or finds its too hard and not as much fun as she had thought and then moves on and finds something else that she wants to do...leaving a disaster in her wake that others have to clean up.

I don't think that Kaitlyn is a bad person, just kind of lost. (No wonder she is bonding with Andi and I don't think it is just the Nick factor. They are both searching for themselves.) Kaitlyn is 30 now and apparently engaged to Shawn. Who knows, he might turn out to be the stability that she needs, but if he is as needy as he is coming across to me, she will get bored with him as well. It just might turn out to be too hard to be what he wants her to be.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:52 am

stuckinsc wrote:
isittrue wrote:

I equate it with a spoiled brat, twit not doing her job.  I don't know if Shawn is controlling or not.  He is jealous, I saw that on my screen, and with Jared and Nick, whether she gave him to ammo with her your the one, he was still acting jealous.  As for Kaitboo, I think her lies will be the bigger problem and if the not talking about Nick is part of Kaitlyn's lies then yes, it is a problem, but if it is her mad at Nick, then nope not at all.  I think Shawn would support Kaitlyn being mad at Nick. IMO.

As I see it, Kaitlyn's job is to write a weekly blog for people.com. If producers or people.com had issue with the content of her blog, it would be changed.

I'd say those that have written her pay cheque are okay with the blogs she's writing or they wouldn't get published.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:58 am

chasingpavements wrote:I don't think anyone is saying that Shawn is literally controlling her. Just that her actions are done with the purpose of protecting Shawn's feelings.
Exactly. Also, women allow themselves to be manipulated everyday. They choose to be.

I actually don't think Kaitlyn is as strong/secure as she tries to portray herself to be.

There's that saying that says, "your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear what your words are saying" and to me, Kaitlyn's actions on and off the show show me someone who is not only ego driven but insecure (usually why one is ego driven). She says she doesn't care but her actions show me she does (whether it is her blogs, her tweet snarks, her "hiding" tagged picks of her and Nick as if that is going to do what exactly?, etc).

She signed up for the show and then does what she wants but no one can have an opinion on it? (and I am talking about an opinion not name-calling. A lot of her reply tweets are to people with opinions).

I think her humor is a defense mechanism for her insecurity and her always saying on Periscope how she loves it on there because people on there love her shows me she wants her ego fed along with her insecurities. Not to mention, the fact that she focuses on the negative (when the positive is much louder and more vocal from her personal life, to media, to past leads, contestants, to the guys on her own show, etc...) only supports my belief that she is very insecure no matter how she pretends with her snark to be otherwise (as is Shawn). jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 63 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 54 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
nannymargie
bluwavz
Rolly
LoveDovez
marloon
eliza3
Emilia23_12
luvlady345
chi-girl
Di_ATL
MissB