SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 13 of 66 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 39 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

stuckinsc wrote:So lots of people said that Sean would be a terrible bachelor too.  Most really wanted Arie instead.  Whether you like SeanCat or not, I do think Sean was probably the most watchable bachelor in a long time.  He was interactive and had fun, their wasn't a ton of drunken behavior and he took it seriously and really got to know multiple women.

Brad will always be a favorite of mine, but he fixated on Emily so much, I felt like he really didn't get to know the other woman that much.

So if Ben would be a bachelor who might actually care about finding love instead of self promotion, which is what twitter feeds for these people mean to me, I would actually enjoy that.

Sean was always much funnier/wittier than Ben on Twitter though.

Either way, I agree that Ben's season would probably be the most similar to Sean's. It's just really hard for me to get excited about him being the lead, just because he's a "nice guy". I wish there was something else I knew about the guy besides the fact that he's nice and hot.

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by loveactually9 Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:02 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:So lots of people said that Sean would be a terrible bachelor too.  Most really wanted Arie instead.  Whether you like SeanCat or not, I do think Sean was probably the most watchable bachelor in a long time.  He was interactive and had fun, their wasn't a ton of drunken behavior and he took it seriously and really got to know multiple women.

Brad will always be a favorite of mine, but he fixated on Emily so much, I felt like he really didn't get to know the other woman that much.

So if Ben would be a bachelor who might actually care about finding love instead of self promotion, which is what twitter feeds for these people mean to me, I would actually enjoy that.

Sean was always much funnier/wittier than Ben on Twitter though.

Either way, I agree that Ben's season would probably be the most similar to Sean's. It's just really hard for me to get excited about him being the lead, just because he's a "nice guy". I wish there was something else I knew about the guy besides the fact that he's nice and hot.  

Hopefully in the next couple of episodes he and the producers give us something to be excited about

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 pm

I don't know. I really like Ben and think he is a good guy but he and the others are so overshadowed by Shawn (even if Shawn wasn't F1) that it is a bit unattractive to me. Especially how he posts SM pics with Shawn. I guess I like men who not only say they don't want to spin their wheels but are more take charge and not the wingman to another guy. Be their own person.

I also think it is unfortunate that we won't see Ben's family for HTD. So less to even know about Ben. And as mature as he is, I am just not sure that going on this show to find a wife would do him or his family any good. Ben has had his taste of what TPTB can do so if he really is serious about marriage, IMO, it would be in his best interest to find a wife on his own and without the "help" of TPTB. Because he doesn't need it and yes, none of them do, but I hope if he is in the running he turns it down. The direction of this show just seems to be huge on drama and I think seasons like Seans are no more. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:01 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't know. I really like Ben and think he is a good guy but he and the others are so overshadowed by Shawn (even if Shawn wasn't F1) that it is a bit unattractive to me. Especially how he posts SM pics with Shawn. I guess I like men who not only say they don't want to spin their wheels but are more take charge and not the wingman to another guy. Be their own person.
Just because Shawn essentially "won" the girl and is the fan favorite, that doesn't mean that Ben and Cupcake are his wingmen. They are all close friends with a clear adoration for each other. It's really no surprise he'd post pics with his buddy? no idea Also, Ben is so much more attractive and a better catch than Shawn that I could never look at him and think "wingman". JMO.  

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 am

I enjoyed Ben's willingness to go with the flow and really have fun. I admired on night one that he thought he wanted Britt, but took the time to talk to her and ask about her tattoos and liked her enough to change. That moment between them at the M&G is actually one of my favorites of her. She was genuine, loving Kaitlyn without her Shawn obsession.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:17 am

Yeah, IA and can see that. (also think Ben is much, much better looking than Shawn... his facial features especially.)

I guess I just don't even know how real these friendships are and how much is just bubble created or about looking good in supporting the F1 and lead. It certainly wouldn't be a good image for a next bach candidate to be against the F1/lead, imo.

I like Ben and I like Cupcake but I think Ben is more his own man though from what I have seen about him - very non-judgmental and even likes posts by Shawn's nemesis, Nick. That is certainly not an wingman thing to do. And it is not because it is Nick, it is just because I like people being their own people. That is an attractive quality to me. It's why (even though I will watch if he is lead) I hope if Ben really doesn't need the money or fame/Social Media followers he just walks away from this all and finds a nice girl to marry without letting TPTB pick one for him. jmo

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 am

Yes, I would like Ben for my sake and hope for his he says no.

ETA in a season full of whinny drama kings (yes Nick has played into this as well with the sex), Ben has been the most mature, nice, fair and when he had an issue talked to Kaitlyn at an appropriate time. No freaking out about other guys, no going to her room all upset and most of all maintaining some interest in the girl without having to try to sabotage or be jealous of any other guy. I adore Cupcake and Jared, but they both feel in bubble love, and at this point I want Nick and Shawn to both go away. Shawn's insecure trips to grill her and Nick not saying no, just too much drama. And yes, Nick knew that pre-FS sex would cause drama. This is not his first trip around the merry go round.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:57 am

I don't see Ben H. as Shawn's "wingman" at all. He's posted or commented on maybe two pictures with Shawn? He also vaguely seemed not happy with Shawn when he told K about the stuff in SA this past week. And he's been primarily hanging out in Denver with JJ, who was clearly in the other house "clique".

I think Ben H. would make a really really great lead. I wouldn't hate if he turned it down, since TPTB are terrifying, but I do think he's smart enough and down to earth enough that he'd be able to pick through the crazy and find a good match. And he seems much smarter and more well-spoken than Chris Soules, and more genuine than JPG.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Ben!! Run away and don't look back.

Love this guy and yes, I want good guys to be lead but more than that I want good guys to stay good guys and the frenzy that is fame from this show is not worth it, imo, even for the good guys. If you read this thread Ben, you don't need this show. Find yourself a great girl at church or wherever you are.

Ben at church this Sunday. PINKHEART  

@vflo.12 Ran into Ben Higgins at church today #suchafangirl #thebachelorette 2h
Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 11376583_707904696003449_828661792_n
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Whoa! Is that how young women dress for church?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:11 pm

^Many nondenominational churches have a very casual feel. I rarely don't wear jeans to my church, just like the rest of the congregation. I've worn shorts before as well.

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 86669110 Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 pm

I didn't even notice the girl. laugh out loud Ben himself is dressed like he is just going to the store so not sure exactly. It depends on the church. I think it may be a non-denominational church like Hillsong so very, very casual come as you are type of atmosphere.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 66 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 39 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Linds911
MiniDiva
eliza3
TrishB
hdman