SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by leselihau Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:40 am

I'm not saying that Kaitlyn should or shouldn't have this platform, however it is always, always wise to remember that what we see on social media is not the whole package.  We have been given bits and pieces and glimpses into her life through the social media platform.  We have no idea what she has or hasn't done behind the scenes...it's entirely possible that she has done something, we just don't know about it (yet?).  Also, she has said in numerous interviews that she also intends to speak on the topic of being true to yourself.  There's no doubt, in my mind at least, that she has done that...often times to her own demise.  

We can all sit back and judge her based on what she has put out there (both those who have positively judged her and those who have negatively judged her)...but at the end of the day we still don't truly know her any better than we know, say Taylor Swift.  You only know the persona that she is putting out there (unless of course you are personal friends with them).  

I attend concerts....lots of them...and almost always strike up conversations with people who work security at these events and for celebrities.  I also have a close friend who has done personal security for a number of big name musicians/actors.  The one thing that I have learned from them is that what happens behind closed doors is most often not what is perceived on stage or in interviews.  The way they treat their staff is usually much closer to who the real person is.  And there are a few people that my friend has worked security for that absolutely blew my mind when I found out how they really were when the cameras were off.  Needless to say he didn't work for them long, moved on to people who treated him with respect.  He's been in the business long enough now that he doesn't have to put up with that crap.

Edited to add my own personal experience: I was part of group that brought in some Christian singers for a concert and one of the singers brought in was grammy winning performer. Part of my job was to pick her up from the airport and get her to the concert to get ready to perform. I was honored to be the person chosen for that job and took it seriously. I had heard/read/seen on SM many things about her including watching several interviews all of which painted her in this gloriously good light. Within about 15 minutes of picking her up from the airport I was floored as I watched this diva parade around and demand the silliest things. She also cut to pieces everyone around her (myself included) in just a few short moments. There were many moments when I had to pick my jaw off the floor as I was stunned at her behavior. I delivered her to the concert and finished out my duties for the evening and went home. The next morning I read a write up in the local newspaper about how wonderful she was to the reporter and the fans that she signed autographs for and many other wonderful things. Just goes to show that what you see is not always what you get. I will never again buy a CD of this person's, attend a concert, or anything else to do with her.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am

Very interesting insight. Thanks for sharing. It's so much easier to be who you really are.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 pm

I agree, Les. I know someone who works for a very popular talk show host who has an image of being friendly, laid-back, and easy going. And, in reality, she is completely horrible to her staff and spouse. You never really know. I don't think that Kaitlyn is perfect, but I do think her public image suffers because she really is completely herself all the time, whereas other leads have faked it much better than she has. I don't think, for example, her partying or sexual activity was that much different than past leads but because she didn't hide it, she was judged much more harshly for it. She has her faults, like being over sensitive to public opinion, but that just makes her real to me. I admire her for her confidence and how genuine she is. I don't think reality TV stars should necessarily be doing Tedx talks, but I also don't think it's much different than Sean/Cat, Emily/Tyler, and Becca doing talks in front of large church audiences when there are people out there who have done more in Jesus's name than them. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:33 pm

But Kaitlyn is a bully herself who constantly fight back on sm, how does it match up with what she said - ignore and never attack? That is simply lying!!!

Yea, she may be doing all the nice things behind the camera, but a bully talks about anti bullying???? It's not about projecting an image, it's lying, period.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:40 pm

IA that there is a world of difference at times with what is seen about a person and what is behind closed doors. Usually how someone is in public is the "better" version of oneself so I am unsure of Kaitlyn has gone about making a positive change and being a role model for anti-bullying in public let alone in private (and how to raise awareness in private seems contradictory)?  scratch

From what I can gather, Kaitlyn partnered with State of Grace and I am not even sure how these shirts corresponds with being in a state of "grace"? Did the proceeds of this collaboration go to anti-bullying causes? Did Kaitlyn use this as a way to raise awareness? Has she done anything on her own these past months to make a positive impact regarding anti-bullying?  question

Because the point of raising awareness is doing so publicly, not behind close doors - how else to raise awareness if not public and for her 1 million followers to see (they can't see it if it is behind closed doors nor can they be impacted positively by something done behind closed doors, not in a way that makes a larger difference).  hmmm

For example:
Shawn was able to make a YT video, post it on his IG, and begin his #TeamShick campaign for men's cancer awareness just recently and he did all this publicly and with just SM (at no cost to himself and with little effort required). What's stopped Kaitlyn from doing something similar in the past months?  Suspect

It's not about her being a good or bad person, it's about why on earth is she a spokesperson/role model/ambassador for online bullying when she has done precious little to deserve that position.  no no

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 78 Slide_1
http://us.shopstateofgrace.com/
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 78 CJrD808UcAAoE0M
@kaitlynbristowe

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:43 pm

I cannot respect Kaitlyn. She blatantly lies on things that are easy to check up on: saying she ignores negative comments on her SM or asks them "why" they do it. What else does she lie about? She cannot be trusted to speak the truth.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:45 pm

peggy0221 wrote:But Kaitlyn is a bully herself who constantly fight back on sm, how does it match up with what she said - ignore and never attack? That is simply lying!!!

Yea, she may be doing all the nice things behind the camera, but a bully talks about anti bullying???? It's not about projecting an image, it's lying, period.

Do I agree with everything Kaitlyn has said and done, no...not even close. But there is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. I have no problem with her "fighting back" as you said. It's the way in which she does it, sometimes, that I have a problem with. Having said that...I am not perfect, and have never proclaimed to be. Neither is she...there are times in all of our lives where someone or something gets the most of us and we lash out. How do we know that these moments where we've seen it aren't exactly those moments where she's lashed out?

I simply can't label her as a bully because she has made a few comments that I don't like. And I don't see her as lying either...I would say that probably 99 times out of 100 or more she does ignore and not attack. Does that make it right for her to lash out the 1 time out of 100? No, absolutely not...but I can't label her because I don't know her. That's my entire point. We don't know her...so to label her as something whether it's a bully, a liar, or a saint just seems wrong in my opinion. She's human...she's bound to make mistakes...so are you and I. So I choose to practice a little compassion for her as I can't imagine being cast into the world she's now living. Did she sign up for it, yes...but that doesn't make it right for me to judge her.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm

The point is that as a TEDx speaker she is being stated as an ambassador and role model for anti-bullying. IMO, and based on Kaitlyn's own actions and the lack thereof when it comes to her actually doing something for this cause, I would be hard pressed to consider her a role model on this very serious topic. That's the issue I take on this, not whether she is a good or bad person, but that a role model for anti-bullying Kaitlyn is not. Her own fiance has accomplished more for men's cancer awareness in a few weeks than she has in the months Kaitlyn has had for anti-bullying causes.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm

I disagree that the public version of oneself is usually the "better" version of oneself. But that's based on my knowledge and experience. Sometimes the public version of oneself is the "fake" version of oneself. I'll take the REAL version of oneself any day of the week (flaws and all) over someone who plays fake to my face and stabs me in the back when I'm not looking. That is not "BETTER"...it's FAKE!

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53 pm

leselihau wrote:I disagree that the public version of oneself is usually the "better" version of oneself.  But that's based on my knowledge and experience.  Sometimes the public version of oneself is the "fake" version of oneself.  I'll take the REAL version of oneself any day of the week (flaws and all) over someone who plays fake to my face and stabs me in the back when I'm not looking.  That is not "BETTER"...it's FAKE!  
Based on this then Kaitlyn is fake.
What she said in her recent BT interview completely contradicts her actions.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Sometimes I forget that the show wrapped up (airing) just over 3 months ago.

Last edited by bleuberry on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 78 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

We all make mistake but we would not PRETEND we dont.
All I see is, a frequent liar trying to be the ambassador suppose to inspire the teens to possibly make a difference. Just like what AAL said, I can not comprehend what is going on, at all.

Yes, I don't know her, but I cannot respect lying behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass