SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 79 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by leselihau Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:03 pm

:bigsigh:

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 79 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by bleuberry Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Also I can't help but feel like we're reading too much into the TEDx invite. Sure it said all that fluff about why she was on the speakers list, but really she's invited because she was the Bachelorette and a Vancouverite. I don't think the organizers are unaware of her actions since the show as they are very easily found on SM. They probably just don't care. IMO.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:16 pm

I think I will have more respect for Kaitlyn if she acknowledges publicly that she is not perfect and sometimes she makes rude comments out of anger / frustration, but she regrets later and will learn from past experiences. If she has done it and I miss it somehow then I apologize.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:21 pm

bleuberry wrote:Also I can't help but feel like we're reading too much into the TEDx invite. Sure it said all that fluff about why she was on the speakers list, but really she's invited because she was the Bachelorette and a Vancouverite. I don't think the organizers are unaware of her actions since the show as they are very easily found on SM. They probably just don't care. IMO.
I personally am not reading too much into it.
It's a distinguished privilege to be a TEDx speaker. An honor.
Making it anything less, IMHO, is doing a disservice to what TEDx represents and to those who truly have made great strides to impact their communities and society for the better - especially when it comes to serious topics such as causes like that of anti-bullying.  

As for her being invited because she was Bette and from Vancouver?
Those reasons alone are exactly why having her speak goes against the very rules of TEDx.
The Bette is a silly reality TV show, TEDx is not and should not be.
And if organizers don't care, well then it won't be a surprise if their license is revoked and not renewed.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:28 pm

I guess what I'm saying is either you believe the organizers hold Kaitlyn in high esteem and truly believe she's an anti bullying pioneer and ambassador, or she's invited because she was a controversial Bachelorette and Vancouverite adding a little edge to the conference. This says nothing about the rest of the speakers as they usually seem to have accomplishments and talents a mile long.

The event is actually completely sold out and is their biggest one yet. Smiley

Last edited by bleuberry on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 79 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:40 pm

leselihau wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:But Kaitlyn is a bully herself who constantly fight back on sm, how does it match up with what she said - ignore and never attack? That is simply lying!!!

Yea, she may be doing all the nice things behind the camera, but a bully talks about anti bullying???? It's not about projecting an image, it's lying, period.

Do I agree with everything Kaitlyn has said and done, no...not even close.  But there is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself.  I have no problem with her "fighting back" as you said.  It's the way in which she does it, sometimes, that I have a problem with.  Having said that...I am not perfect, and have never proclaimed to be.  Neither is she...there are times in all of our lives where someone or something gets the most of us and we lash out.  How do we know that these moments where we've seen it aren't exactly those moments where she's lashed out?

I simply can't label her as a bully because she has made a few comments that I don't like.  And I don't see her as lying either...I would say that probably 99 times out of 100 or more she does ignore and not attack.  Does that make it right for her to lash out the 1 time out of 100? No, absolutely not...but I can't label her because I don't know her.  That's my entire point.  We don't know her...so to label her as something whether it's a bully, a liar, or a saint just seems wrong in my opinion.  She's human...she's bound to make mistakes...so are you and I.  So I choose to practice a little compassion for her as I can't imagine being cast into the world she's now living.  Did she sign up for it, yes...but that doesn't make it right for me to judge her.  

Great Post leselihau.  The fact that Kaitlyn has made a few responses or comments to people that maybe had been better not said out of the thousands and thousands of messages she's had from people for many many months now is a pretty tiny sample size on which to determine someone is a bully or attacks people who don't like them.  Her responses are few and far between and given the amount of really horrible junk people write on social media I wouldn't blame anyone for losing their cool now and then.

Obviously the event organizers feel like she'll be a draw t their event and TED events usually have a wide range of types of speakers.  People not interested don't have to go to her talk.  I hope she does really well and raises some interesting, thoughtful points that make people think about things is a different way than before they heard her talk.  Good for her for getting this opportunity and I hope she makes the most of it to do a good talk.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:46 pm

peggy0221 wrote:We all make mistake but we would not PRETEND we dont.
All I see is, a frequent liar trying to be the ambassador suppose to inspire the teens to possibly make a difference. Just like what AAL said, I can not comprehend what is going on, at all.

Yes, I don't know her, but I cannot respect lying behavior.
Exactly to your whole post Peggy!! And to your statement bolded above and to all of AAL's good points on same, the worst thing about this is IMO is she WOULD have made a difference!! With the amount and ages of her followers, she would have changed the minds of many of them on whether or not they should send that mean message. Instead she did the opposite!! Now these kids think it is cool to beak off at people on SM if they feel like it.  no no hmmm Rolling Eyes  What about the very letter or blog post she wrote shortly before her season was done airing about starting a platform to bring awareness to and help stop anti-bullying? She threw it to the wayside during the past 6 months because it felt better to lash out at anyone that's not in her corner. And by lying and saying she ignores or asks why, it is too late for her to still turn that experience into a positive! It's honestly just wasteful, sad and completely frustrating that she didn't choose to do the right thing.  duh scratch hissyfit
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:55 pm

rhondam wrote:
All I see is, a frequent liar trying to be the ambassador suppose to inspire the teens to possibly make a difference. Just like what AAL said, I can not comprehend what is going on, at all.

Exactly to your whole post Peggy!! And to your statement bolded above and to all of AAL's good points on same, the worst thing about this is IMO is she WOULD have made a difference!! With the amount and ages of her followers, she would have changed the minds of many of them on whether or not they should send that mean message. Instead she did the opposite!! Now these kids think it is cool to beak off at people on SM if they feel like it.  no no hmmm Rolling Eyes  What about the very letter or blog post she wrote shortly before her season was done airing about starting a platform to bring awareness to and help stop anti-bullying? She threw it to the wayside during the past 6 months because it felt better to lash out at anyone that's not in her corner. And by lying and saying she ignores or asks why, it is too late for her to still turn that experience into a positive! It's honestly just wasteful, sad and completely frustrating that she didn't choose to do the right thing.  duh scratch hissyfit

If she was doing as the bolded says and lashing out at anyone not in her corner she'd have been a very busy lady the last few months with social media accounts full of such attacking posts.  I follow her on all her platforms and just to state a fact here, she isn't doing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

^ Admittedly it's calmed down a lot over the months as has the actual amount of people saying mean things to her. But to say she only comments/responds a few times is a misrepresentation of the facts. So I'll chalk it up to we both exaggerated.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 pm

relaxing wrote:
rhondam wrote:

If she was doing as the bolded says and lashing out at anyone not in her corner she'd have been a very busy lady the last few months with social media accounts full of such attacking posts.  I follow her on all her platforms and just to state a fact here, she isn't doing that.

Agreed. I am confused where anyone says she has been lashing out at anyone especially lately....

Regarding her supposedly lying - how do we know she does not have something in the works regarding anti-bullying? Perhaps this TedX speech will be the springboard into something she does for anti-bullying platform.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:06 pm

What has she done recently to publicly raise or promote awareness for anti cyber bullying? Has she faved or retweeted anything related? This is an honest question as I don't follow her.

ETA: so I decided to check her twitter. Here's what I found, a week ago:

ivie shea™
‏@iviesheacooper

@kaitlynbristowe your arm is so skinny it's scary

K's response? According to her own words, either ignore or ask "why", but her action in real life is to respond:
Kaitlyn Bristowe ‏@kaitlynbristowe Nov 5

Kaitlyn Bristowe Retweeted ivie shea™

What drives you to insult someone you don't know? What if I said your arm is super fat? It's offensive. Shame on you

???? When your actions contradicts your own words, what does it mean????

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Isn't that response kind of a step up for Kaitlyn though? laugh out loud

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 80 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass