SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sara11 Tue May 10, 2016 3:20 pm

Last night's episode was good! My favourite number was team carrie-ann inaba, the choreo and production was breathtaking. My heart also went out to Lindsay after their dance - she really is a fantastic pro and I hope they make it through next weeks elimination because it would be a disservice to not have wanya/paige/nyle in the finals.

sara11

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Linds911 Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm

^ Yes I want those for F3 as well. To me it seems like they would rather have Ginger over the others because she's from ABC. I've just never warmed up to her, dances are too "princessy ballerina" for me.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 8367-910 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 I_got_13 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 pm

IMO Ginger was definitely over scored. They're saying she danced better than Paige? I'm hoping for a Paige/Wanya/Nyle finale as well, but I have a feeling Paige will be gone during the double eviction. IMO the edit she got paved the way for her eviction next week.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed May 11, 2016 2:36 pm

This season had so much talent!

Though I think that the finale should be Wanya/Nyle/Paige, I'm getting the feeling that Ginger is going to edge out Paige. Maybe Derek's fans will get behind Paige. She is the better dancer even if I love Ginger and Val.

I'm not getting a clear read on the desired outcome for this season. If they want Lindsay to win, they might be intentionally vying for both Val and Peta in the finale. They sometimes share Maks' fanbase and could cancel each other out. If they put Paige in the finale, she could win. The last two seasons have been female winners, though.

veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed May 11, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm enjoying the season so much! I'm worried Wanya and Lindsey will be eliminated next.

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed May 11, 2016 6:29 pm

I don't really root for the pro and I don't even know some of the newer ones since I don't watch every season. I like Wanya the most which I wouldn't have expected coming into the season. I'm not really a fan of Mark so didn't expect to like Paige but I do. I don't know if she's the favorite of those left. I've felt for a long time that it's between Wanya and Nyle but she's improved along the way. I like Ginger but think she's not quite at the same level of those 3.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I hear what you're saying, bean. I root for the pros above the stars often because of the amount of time, energy, effort, and care they invest into this show, week in and week out. It's incredibly difficult to make someone shine in a way that I no longer focus on the pro dancer when s/he is dancing. Everyone left is doing an incredible job with their star; at the same time, the partnerships are the thing that hold my interest and earn my votes. When a true team forms, it's just incredible to see, and I see that most clearly between Wanya and Lindsay followed by Ginger and Val. Mark and Paige have it, too, as do Peta and Nyle, but I think that Maks is too involved in the partnership.

I do think that the show maneuvers things in such a way for certain pros to win. They know who is pulling in votes, and they use jeopardy to scare the audience into throwing more support behind a person. I can't read who they want to win, but I'm getting the sense that they want Ginger in the finale over Paige.  hmmm

It should be a really great next two weeks!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed May 11, 2016 8:51 pm

I think the producers would like Nyle to win to show what he has achieved as a deaf person. JMO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu May 12, 2016 3:48 am

veg_out wrote:I hear what you're saying, bean. I root for the pros above the stars often because of the amount of time, energy, effort, and care they invest into this show, week in and week out. It's incredibly difficult to make someone shine in a way that I no longer focus on the pro dancer when s/he is dancing. Everyone left is doing an incredible job with their star; at the same time, the partnerships are the thing that hold my interest and earn my votes. When a true team forms, it's just incredible to see, and I see that most clearly between Wanya and Lindsay followed by Ginger and Val. Mark and Paige have it, too, as do Peta and Nyle, but I think that Maks is too involved in the partnership.

I do think that the show maneuvers things in such a way for certain pros to win. They know who is pulling in votes, and they use jeopardy to scare the audience into throwing more support behind a person. I can't read who they want to win, but I'm getting the sense that they want Ginger in the finale over Paige.  hmmm

It should be a really great next two weeks!

Sorry, maybe I missed something, but I don't understand the bolded. How has Maks been involved in the partnership?...other than he is Peta's fiancé and she may get some advice from him?

I actually think Peta and Nyle have one of the best partnerships I have ever seen on this show. It is such a unique situation and Peta has done a great job teaching him to dance even though he can't hear the music. That moment of silence during their paso is one of those instances from this show which will stay with me.

Overall, I think all the partnerships were pretty good this season, although I did think that Keo's and Jodie's was the weakest. His lack of experience teaching was definitely highlighted this season since he made if so much further than ever before. I wonder how well Jodie would have done had she received Val or Mark?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu May 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Maks is at every rehearsal when he's in town, helping out Nyle with the dance not just giving out advice. There are inside sources who have confirmed on Pure DWTS and they showed Maks in their pre-dance video on Monday.

Jodie would have made it to semis or finals if she had Val or Mark. Candace C. Bure (DJ Tanner) had Mark and made it to F3. Pros fan base and their choreography is miles better then Keo as we've seen since he joined the show, and he should have gained some by now. This was Keo's season with a capable partner and his choreography just fell flat (to me anyways.)

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 8367-910 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 I_got_13 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 14 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Thu May 12, 2016 7:06 pm

I think Peta uses Maks because it's easier to teach Nyle the musicality of a dance when she demonstrates the movements and flow. Julz is helping Sharna, Jenna always helps Val so all the pros get help but ultimately the celebs own partner still does 90% of the work.

I'm glad Keo has had this opportunity to learn and I hope he uses the off season to learn more. Shirley Ballas said on afterbuzz that he had the quickstep hold wrong so I hope he does some learning coz that will help him in the future.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 13, 2016 4:38 am

Linds911 wrote:Maks is at every rehearsal when he's in town, helping out Nyle with the dance not just giving out advice. There are inside sources who have confirmed on Pure DWTS and they showed Maks in their pre-dance video on Monday.

Jodie would have made it to semis or finals if she had Val or Mark.  Candace C. Bure (DJ Tanner) had Mark and made it to F3. Pros fan base and their choreography is miles better then Keo as we've seen since he joined the show, and he should have gained some by now. This was Keo's season with a capable partner and his choreography just fell flat (to me anyways.)

sara11 wrote:I think Peta uses Maks because it's easier to teach Nyle the musicality of a dance when she demonstrates the movements and flow. Julz is helping Sharna, Jenna always helps Val so all the pros get help but ultimately the celebs own partner still does 90% of the work.

I'm glad Keo has had this opportunity to learn and I hope he uses the off season to learn more. Shirley Ballas said on afterbuzz that he had the quickstep hold wrong so I hope he does some learning coz that will help him in the future.

Thanks Linds. I wasn't aware that Maks was working with them on a regular basis. I did see him there on Monday. Either way, as Sara mentioned, other pros do this as well, so it's not a big deal to me. I have known that this is done, I just wasn't aware it was Maks. I just assumed she was probably getting help from someone in the troupe, but Maks would certainly be better since he and Peta know each other so well. I guess I still don't understand why his being there hinders her partnership with Nyle?

As for Keo, obviously his fan base isn't anywhere near as good as the pros who have been around much longer, but like you, I found his choreography fell flat and his teaching skills just seem to be lacking. I enjoyed Jodie the most during the week of the switch up. It will be interesting if he improves next season and if he actually gets another decent partner.

Last edited by Sprite on Tue May 17, 2016 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 22 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+43
dw_a_mom
Spoil Me Again
Norcalgal
GuardianAngel
Linds911